Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,829 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Is G35x 2007 Reliable? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is G35x 2007 Reliable? (4677 Views)

A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is G35x 2007 Reliable? by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 02, 2017
Im thinking of going for an infiniti G35x 2007 model as an alternative to my boring 2007 camry I4. Pls what do you think guys?

1 Like

Re: Is G35x 2007 Reliable? by Somatic(m): 12:08pm On Oct 02, 2017
Consult with Ladipo if replacement parts for the car dey. Seek out a good Mech for this kind motor. (unfortunately Gazzuzz no dey touch Nissan and her derivatives)

3 Likes

Re: Is G35x 2007 Reliable? by nurey(m): 2:43pm On Oct 02, 2017
Nice car according to user reviews, it's a gas guzzler and the rear seat not too comfy.

Engine is the award winning VQ35DE fitted into many cars so engine replacement shouldn't be an issue.

The manual transmission variant seems to have more hp as the engine was seriously tweaked for performance 298 to 300hp against 281 mostly found in the automatic.

Overall it's a performance based car so you will enjoy every pedal to the metal.

The issue now is the naija factor Nissan doesn't like bypassing and cutting corners, just have a standby technician for diagnosis purposes.

4 Likes

Re: Is G35x 2007 Reliable? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 02, 2017
nurey:
Nice car according to user reviews, it's a gas guzzler and the rear seat not too comfy.

Engine is the award winning VQ35DE fitted into many cars so engine replacement shouldn't be an issue.

The manual transmission variant seems to have more hp as the engine was seriously tweaked for performance 298 to 300hp against 281 mostly found in the automatic.

Overall it's a performance based car so you will enjoy every pedal to the metal.

The issue now is the naija factor Nissan doesn't like bypassing and cutting corners, just have a standby technician for diagnosis purposes.

Thanks nurey! Im so tired of my camry. Too boring. I may never get a toyota again

3 Likes

Re: Is G35x 2007 Reliable? by sultaan(m): 4:58pm On Oct 02, 2017
From the crowd favorite to exclusive model.

It is one thing to be able to buy and another to be able to own. As long as you buy a good car and not take it to kazeem, or use wrong oil you will be fine

2 Likes

Re: Is G35x 2007 Reliable? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 02, 2017
It’s a modern and mid range model of the luxury brand of Nissan, a company that has been making cars for decades.

How can it possibly be nothing but spectacular?

2 Likes

Re: Is G35x 2007 Reliable? by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:47pm On Oct 02, 2017
obitee69:

Thanks nurey! Im so tired of my camry. Too boring. I may never get a toyota again
u may not know the value of what u have till u lose it

3 Likes

Re: Is G35x 2007 Reliable? by nurey(m): 7:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
obekediamondfuto:
u may not know the value of what u are missing till you taste it

Fixed tongue

5 Likes

Re: Is G35x 2007 Reliable? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 02, 2017
Hmm.
Re: Is G35x 2007 Reliable? by ozonetoy: 10:16am On Oct 03, 2017
personally i don't like toyota brand cos of boring interior nothing else and as for the Infiniti g35x...have used few fx35 RWD 2007, fx45 AWD 2007 and m35, it gives me goose bumps when that engine roaring comes alive, its indeed a performance vehicle and feels luxurious but you must test drive if you have the opportunity and take note of its suspension cos suspensions set up on Infiniti is harsh on rough road and bumps due to set up meant for performance, then make sure you really have the info of the gear oil and engine oil former owner uses, cos if you change gear oil to ur brand of taste differently from what former owner uses then u will end up buying new gear box, this brand is highly sensitive to oils but i was lucky to purchase mine directly from owner back in texas and i pamper it too much by changing gear oil 3 times in a year every time i come around after it must have been parked for 3-4 months. about gasoline consumption i discover that at least u must take this car on journey once in a week just some reasonable distance to circulate engine oil properly that minimise gasoline consumption according to personal experience.

2 Likes

Re: Is G35x 2007 Reliable? by SpaceAngel: 10:58am On Oct 03, 2017
For me this is better than I4 camry. Very powerful and reliable but don't play with regular maintenance. The camry is more fuel efficient . Camry parts are also more readily available than G35x. Follow your heart.

1 Like

Re: Is G35x 2007 Reliable? by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 03, 2017
ozonetoy:
i pamper it too much by changing gear oil 3 times in a year every time i come around after it must have been parked for 3-4 months.
That looks more like an overkill than pampering.

2 Likes

Re: Is G35x 2007 Reliable? by chukel(m): 11:25am On Oct 03, 2017
Nice ride. Truth is that u won't be able to maintain it. U will come back here crying. If I recall correctly, u refused installing the appropriate ac compressor in ur camry. U overheated ur camry engine, bypassed the fan, removed the thermostat. When u finally killed the engine, u were advised to buy a full one. But u went for half engine. If u couldn't maintain a car as simple and ubiquitous like 07 camry, don't even embark on this journey.

17 Likes

Re: Is G35x 2007 Reliable? by Fhemmmy: 2:17pm On Oct 03, 2017
chukel:
Nice ride. Truth is that u won't be able to maintain it. U will come back here crying. If I recall correctly, u refused installing the appropriate ac compressor in ur camry. U overheated ur camry engine, bypassed the fan, removed the thermostat. When u finally killed the engine, u were advised to buy a full one. But u went for half engine. If u couldn't maintain a car as simple and ubiquitous like 07 camry, don't even embark on this journey.

cry cry

1 Like

Re: Is G35x 2007 Reliable? by Shagati(m): 2:32pm On Oct 03, 2017
I lived with her for 18 months
I regret selling
RWD 306bhp on tap
I regret selling
Traction Control off and stamp on the gas; tyre smoking action that the kids loved on their way to school
I regret selling
All parts available with Mr Bright OEM Nissan Parts guy at Ladipo (with ability to order form Dubai Nissan Dealer - 7-days delivery)
I regret selling
Very reliable with just oil and filter changes. No electrical gremlims. Sorted suspension out once and that was it.

Where is the pictured sample so I can go and check it out for "YOU"? cheesy grin wink

Did I mention that I regret selling her till this day?

9 Likes

Re: Is G35x 2007 Reliable? by Inception(m): 2:34pm On Oct 03, 2017
chukel:

Haba, why na shocked shocked

But following Obitee69's history with his Camry, i would (unfortunately) say that this is the BLUNT truth.

4 Likes

Re: Is G35x 2007 Reliable? by Inception(m): 2:38pm On Oct 03, 2017
Shagati:
I regret selling
RWD 306bhp on tap
I regret selling
Traction Control off and stamp on the gas; tyre smoking action that the kids loved on their way to school
I regret selling
All parts available with Mr Bright OEM Nissan Parts guy at Ladipo (with ability to order form Dubai Nissan Dealer - 7-days delivery)
I regret selling
Very reliable with just oil and filter changes. No electrical gremlims. Sorted suspension out once and that was it.

Where is the pictured sample so I can go and check it out for "YOU"? cheesy grin wink

This is the car that has been anointed to replace my camry! grin

1 Like

Re: Is G35x 2007 Reliable? by nurey(m): 2:40pm On Oct 03, 2017
chukel:

Inception:

But following Obitee69's history with his Camry, i would (unfortunately) say that this is the BLUNT truth.

But even the bible says every being deserves a second chance cheesy, cant you guys give him a second chance undecided
Re: Is G35x 2007 Reliable? by Shagati(m): 2:43pm On Oct 03, 2017
Shagati:

Don't worry, I found it winkcool wink

1 Like

Re: Is G35x 2007 Reliable? by Inception(m): 4:00pm On Oct 03, 2017
Shagati:
I regret selling
RWD 306bhp on tap
I regret selling
I regret selling
I regret selling

Hi Shagati,

How was the driving experience of the 2008 BMW 523i in the dimensions of reliability in particular?

2 Likes

Re: Is G35x 2007 Reliable? by Readonee35L(m): 12:45am On Oct 04, 2017
Inception:

This is the car that has been anointed to replace my camry! grin
I thought you wanted the m35.
M35 is a wise choice.

1 Like

Re: Is G35x 2007 Reliable? by Readonee35L(m): 12:52am On Oct 04, 2017
chukel:
Inception:

Fhemmmy:

cry cry
nurey:

But even the bible says every being deserves a second chance cheesy, cant you guys give him a second chance undecided
Mr chukel

Don't crucify this man.
You are just adding pepper and salt to the story. Making it look bad.
But if you go to his thread and read again you'd know it's not as bad as you put it.

His camry had over heating issues.
And he knew he had to replace his engine.
But he had other priorities and couldn't replace the engine at the moment.
He decided to run his fans direct to cool his already bad engine so he could manage it pending the time he could get a replacement .
Is there anything bad in that?

And you mentioned half engine.
Do you expect him to buy a full engine when his engine problem only affected the block?
This is Nigeria and man needs to save money. No be every body be Obo to trowey money.
If the other parts of his engine is good . Then half engine is the way to go Aka. Borale

4 Likes

Re: Is G35x 2007 Reliable? by obekediamondfuto(m): 5:05am On Oct 04, 2017
nurey:

Fixed tongue
ok let him go ahead, shey na hia all of us dey..... I just hope the damage control we'll be effecting will be as effective as anticipated.
Re: Is G35x 2007 Reliable? by chukel(m): 10:09am On Oct 04, 2017
I see someone else buying this car before poster even gets to the location for inspection

1 Like

Re: Is G35x 2007 Reliable? by sabaka: 2:07pm On Oct 04, 2017
chukel:
Lmao don't mind him, I remember the thread
Hopefully he has changed his ways now
He's even selling d camry as if it's in perfect condition
Re: Is G35x 2007 Reliable? by ozonetoy: 6:53am On Oct 06, 2017
For me I don’t think so * after months of parking* don’t you think rust or dirty sediment will overkill as well rather than just flush it out and put new oil after all the maker didn’t say u can’t change oils ealier than service mileage if u can afford it
Re: Is G35x 2007 Reliable? by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 07, 2017
Camry sold! Infiniti has been bought! So happy. This car runs like a plane. My God. The baritone of the exhaust note can make a chic orgasm. grin This car is apparently faster the a C350 benz. Thanks guys!! grin grin Please more advice are welcomed

2 Likes

Re: Is G35x 2007 Reliable? by nurey(m): 6:55am On Oct 07, 2017
obitee69:
Camry sold! Infiniti has been bought! So happy. This car runs like a plane. My God. The baritone of the exhaust note can make a chic orgasm. grin This car is apparently faster the a C350 benz. Thanks guys!! grin grin Please more advice are welcomed

Haters will not like this your comment grin, they will soon start challenging you with E, S, R, A etc till you agree theirs is faster

Congratulations on the acquisition.
Re: Is G35x 2007 Reliable? by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 07, 2017
nurey:

Haters will not like this your comment grin, they will soon start challenging you with E, S, R, A etc till you agree theirs is faster

Congratulations on the acquisition.

Hahaha. Thanks bro. The car is insanely fast...worth every penny!!

1 Like

Re: Is G35x 2007 Reliable? by chukel(m): 7:18am On Oct 07, 2017
obitee69:
congrats man. Welcome to nissan/infiniti family. Make I call our boss to come induct you. Costee, where u dey. U r needed.

2 Likes

Re: Is G35x 2007 Reliable? by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 07, 2017
I dont tink il ever buy an I4 toyota again. Mehn iv been missing o

1 Like

Re: Is G35x 2007 Reliable? by Inception(m): 10:24am On Oct 07, 2017
obitee69:
I dont tink il ever buy an I4 toyota again. Mehn iv been missing o
so did you buy the one in the advert?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Of These Cars Should I Buy / Showcasing Classic Toyotas / How Do I Get A Driver's License..especially Since I Can't Drive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.