Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

Prince Of Persia Movie! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Prince Of Persia Movie! (3974 Views)

James Avery, Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air Actor Is Dead / Cast Of Fresh Prince Of Bel Air Then And Now / Prince Of Persia:the Sands Of Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prince Of Persia Movie! by iseg007(m): 11:39pm On Mar 06, 2010
I use to play the game alot, those days of windows 98, and now and behold the movie, any info please

Re: Prince Of Persia Movie! by obinna5000(m): 9:26am On Mar 07, 2010
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2010) is directed by Mike Newell.

It stars Jake Gyllenhaal, Gemma Arterton, Ben Kingsley & Alfred Molina.

It will be out in theaters on May 28 2010.
Re: Prince Of Persia Movie! by bgees(m): 8:40pm On Mar 08, 2010
I predict its going to be wack.

I'd prefer the upcoming game version of this movie.
Re: Prince Of Persia Movie! by Nobody: 12:58am On Mar 10, 2010
I just know that there was an uproar about a American actor of Swedish descent playing the part of a Persian instead of an Iranian or Iranian-American actor. Was one hell of a drama about it.

I never got the fuss though. Prince of Persia is based on a video game and Jake both looks and sounds like the prince (all the way down to the weird British accent).

Re: Prince Of Persia Movie! by iice(f): 3:14pm On Mar 10, 2010
He has a british accent in the movie?  Never heard it grin

I would have preferred someone unknown and yes of Iranian decent.  Famous actors don't do well in these kinds of movies. 
Frankly these kinds of movies don't always get it right.  Just hope his career holds up if this movie crashes. Besides, Jake is not someone i really like as an actor. I don't see what the fuss is all about. undecided

Release Date: May 28, 2010
Studio: Walt Disney Pictures
Director: Mike Newell
Screenwriter: Doug Miro, Carlo Bernard
Starring: Jake Gyllenhaal, Ben Kingsley, Gemma Arterton, Alfred Molina, Toby Kebbell
Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for intense sequences of violence and action)
Official Website: Disney.com/PrinceofPersia

Plot Summary: From the team that brought the "Pirates of the Caribbean" trilogy to the big screen, Walt Disney Pictures and Jerry Bruckheimer Films present "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time," an epic action-adventure set in the mystical lands of Persia and based on the video game of the same name. A rogue prince (Jake Gyllenhaal) reluctantly joins forces with a mysterious princess (Gemma Arterton) and together, they race against dark forces to safeguard an ancient dagger capable of releasing the Sands of Time—a gift from the gods that can reverse time and allow its possessor to rule the world. 

Loved the game.  Will still watch the movie even it doesn't do so well.  It has to better than Bloodrayne right? grin
Re: Prince Of Persia Movie! by iseg007(m): 6:24pm On Mar 10, 2010
Thyanks guys I just i dont get dissappointed, I saw the new movie Daybreakers, IT WAS SHIT!
Re: Prince Of Persia Movie! by obinna5000(m): 7:31pm On Mar 10, 2010
@iseg007
"Daybreakers" was thrash. tongue tongue Why did Ethan Hawke agree to appear in such a flick?

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time movie trailer

[flash=640,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sGCYpQCg7s[/flash]
Re: Prince Of Persia Movie! by iice(f): 6:19am On Mar 12, 2010
^^ In which universe did you watch it?
Re: Prince Of Persia Movie! by bgees(m): 6:33am On Mar 12, 2010
iice:

grin
Re: Prince Of Persia Movie! by iseg007(m): 5:16pm On Mar 15, 2010
LOL, grin
Re: Prince Of Persia Movie! by GODSON2009(m): 1:11am On Mar 16, 2010
iice:

he/she obviously meant the trailer, GOD!!! black people and needless sarcasm
Re: Prince Of Persia Movie! by iice(f): 3:20am On Mar 16, 2010
GODSON2009:

he/she obviously meant the trailer, GOD!!! black people and needless sarcasm

Is that all?
Re: Prince Of Persia Movie! by GODSON2009(m): 9:43pm On Mar 21, 2010
iice:

Is that all?
gawd, whateva!!
Re: Prince Of Persia Movie! by obinna5000(m): 11:41am On Mar 22, 2010
@reggie383
You're a very funny guy. grin You want everybody to still watch the trailer. grin
Re: Prince Of Persia Movie! by Dclique(m): 2:46pm On Mar 22, 2010
Yea!!, I heard about this movie. Is it out yet. Its going to interesting. I've played the games, about 3 versions. Its crazy mehn. . .
Re: Prince Of Persia Movie! by obinna5000(m): 2:49pm On Mar 22, 2010
@Dclique
It will be showing in theaters on May 28, 2010.
Re: Prince Of Persia Movie! by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 22, 2010
I don't know why they used Jake. undecided
Re: Prince Of Persia Movie! by teeluv(m): 2:02pm On Mar 23, 2010
i feel orlando would have been a good pick, even though he has a lot on his hands, but i feel he would have done a good job,
and i mite i also include Johnny Depp,
Re: Prince Of Persia Movie! by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 23, 2010
Orlando and Johnny, naaa. Too pretty tongue. Someone with rugged exotic looks would suit it better. tongue
Re: Prince Of Persia Movie! by bgees(m): 6:07pm On Mar 23, 2010
Yes, I wanted Orlando Bloom too judging by his looks in Kingdom of Heaven.
Re: Prince Of Persia Movie! by teeluv(m): 7:11pm On Mar 23, 2010
stillwater:

Orlando and Johnny, naaa. Too pretty tongue. Someone with rugged exotic looks would suit it better. tongue

so who would you prefer.
Re: Prince Of Persia Movie! by obinna5000(m): 7:29pm On Mar 23, 2010
Some one new would have been better but lets see how Jake Gyllenhaal performs in this film.
Re: Prince Of Persia Movie! by Nobody: 3:13am On Mar 24, 2010
[quote="stillwater"]Orlando and Johnny, naaa. Too pretty . Someone with rugged exotic looks would suit it better. [/quote]
Bollywood superstar Hrithik Roshan was their first choice for the role - but he turned it down. undecided

[quote="teeluv"]so who would you prefer[/quote]
I personally wanted Steven Strait to play him. kiss

(1) (Reply)

What Nigeria Movie With Real Sex Scene? / R. Kelly's Love Letter: Free Music Download / Desperate Housewives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.