Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines (113642 Views)

I Feel Ashamed Nigerian Professors Earn Less Than $1000 A Month - TETFund Boss / 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries / Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by pasol4real(m): 5:07am On Oct 03, 2017
clevadani:
Yoruba too like book. Just hoping it transforms in development.
Most of these ppl are dead ,so to say Yorubas too Like book may not be in order
The igbos have long overtaken the Yorubas in education
Imo state currently has thé highest No of professors in Nigeria.
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by Nobody: 5:13am On Oct 03, 2017
godox2:
In the world there are 3 powers. These powers God distributed them evenly, that is the way I see it as applied in the Nigerian setting.
I also observed that any attempt to deny a part of its power is being resisted by the region in question.
POLITICAL POWER=NORTH
ACADEMIC POWER=WEST
ECONOMIC POWER=EAST

Please lets hear yours, this is just my observation.

If the east has somuch economic power, why do they always go outside their region to make it. If it was an economic powerhouse people would be leaving the whole c ountry to look for money there. Lol! Jokers.

2 Likes

Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by supereagle(m): 5:17am On Oct 03, 2017
Prof Latunde Odeku first African professor of Neurosurgery.

1 Like

Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by supereagle(m): 5:24am On Oct 03, 2017
GoldNiagara:

They need not take over okada biz, we dash them. Well done developers, how many percentage of land did you say you guys bought, sorry you said all. But I just wonder why 90% of you guys are tenants, why out of every ten properties recovery in courts in lagos, you guys are always the defendants in about 8 or 9 out of the ten.

Took over entertainment, just tell me one Igbo that has been nominated for Grammy not to talk of winning, yet about 8 Yorubas have won it. Trade and commerce, are you shitting me,search for that thread, Yoruba are the most industrious, and educated in Nigeria. cure your ignorance and thank me later.

Tell them.
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by pasol4real(m): 5:25am On Oct 03, 2017
GoldNiagara:

They need not take over okada biz, we dash them. Well done developers, how many percentage of land did you say you guys bought, sorry you said all. But I just wonder why 90% of you guys are tenants, why out of every ten properties recovery in courts in lagos, you guys are always the defendants in about 8 or 9 out of the ten.

Took over entertainment, just tell me one Igbo that has been nominated for Grammy not to talk of winning, yet about 8 Yorubas have won it. Trade and commerce, are you shitting me,search for that thread, Yoruba are the most industrious, and educated in Nigeria. cure your ignorance and thank me later.
An sure even u dont believe what u just typed.
There is No field in life that thé yorubas can compete with thé igbos.
Igbos are in Front in education ,music entertainment.......so winning grammys ,if true now translates to dominating entertainment? Na wa o.
In terms of been industrious the igbos are not just the best in Nigeria they are also the best in africa n one of thé best in the world,go ask thé south africans americans n the chinese,they know very well of thé indomitable spirit of thé igbos.
It is well documented.

1 Like

Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by supereagle(m): 5:28am On Oct 03, 2017
GoldNiagara:

Really war of less than three years made you people lose all your firsts, Ipob and fibs.

A thread has been created for PhDs holders, you guys were still the runts and fries. Being a vc is an appointment not a degree, the most senior academic then in ui, was professor Ajose but was not appointed by ncnc led government, but he went to pioneer as the vc of western region Oau, the best university in Nigeria till date.

No tell me another tale by moon light.
The Igbos usually make themselves something where as they are nothing.

2 Likes

Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by Nobody: 5:31am On Oct 03, 2017
hornyofife:

Lagos is the base of all the industrial and economic activities in the country,does it mean the yorubas are the ones running it?

So who is running it? Lol! Every town and area is yoruba. Its only fools like u people dt would even contest that.

You should know that at least 70% of university educated yorubas live in lagos. Im talking non-indigenes. This trend has bn happening since the 50's, dts why they hardly build homes in their villages.
Lagos is home. Dts why u dont hear them talking about lagos like its a foreign land, like london, the way igbos talk about it in their movies. Bloody foreigners. tongue
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by Nobody: 5:41am On Oct 03, 2017
hornyofife:

Lagos is the base of all the industrial and economic activities in the country,does it mean the yorubas are the ones running it?

All the lagos private schools on dt list are owned by yorubas with the exception of none. Who else is running it?

2 Likes

Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by JOSCO7720: 6:18am On Oct 03, 2017
sonnie10:

First Professor of Geology Prof. O. Oyawoye (off a kwarra state)
Is prof. Oyawoye a Hausa man? He doesn't even understand Hausa language not alone of speaking it. The man in question is through YorubA man.
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by Bambela(m): 6:39am On Oct 03, 2017
First professor of Islamic Radicalization; Professor Jibrin Mohamed from Yobe
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by xreal: 7:00am On Oct 03, 2017
Who saw what I saw?

The first professor of physics in Nigeria and the first female professor of history in Nigeria.

What is their relationship?
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by efighter: 7:11am On Oct 03, 2017
DrObum:
E never complete nah

First Nigerian professor of hardship: Professor Muhammadu Buhari (Daura, Katsina state)

First Professor of Lootology and Cluelessness is Professor Goatluck Ebele Jonaddaft (PhD).

First Professor of Nonsensial Grammar is Professor (Mrs) Dame imPatience Sheppopo Jonaddaft.

2 Likes

Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by debuscket(m): 7:13am On Oct 03, 2017
First Nigerian professor of Radiography
prof K.K Agwu (Abia state)

1 Like

Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by attention007(m): 7:32am On Oct 03, 2017
activistjohnny:
you will always be living in a deluded state of mind when you are saying they haven't published series of articles. I could remembered when I was in school I usually read prof. of geology articles very interesting articles.Google all these articles online.

What's his name so I can google and see for myself
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by Mccullum: 7:42am On Oct 03, 2017
No wonder Yorubas more mature and more civic than other tribes in Nigeria...
Odua! ogbon be, eyan wa.

1 Like

Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by egike(m): 7:44am On Oct 03, 2017
It a very good roll call to spur people like me, i must get there in Jesus name,though a military personnel currently doing my HND
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by Fidelismaria: 8:04am On Oct 03, 2017
undecided

hhmmmm

isn't IMO state with the highest no of profs
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by sirmustysherif: 8:07am On Oct 03, 2017
please can you make this in PDF format amd share.
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by nnamdivijay(m): 8:13am On Oct 03, 2017
First Professor in Marine engineering Professor K. D Bob Manuel (Rivers state)

1 Like

Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by icedsammy: 8:14am On Oct 03, 2017
OGUN WITH FIRST NIGERIA PROFS IN RELEVANT COURSES LIKE MEDICINE&NURSING PLUS GEOGRAPHY I EVEN TOT PROF IN ISLAMIC AND AGRIC WIL BE NORTHERNERS BUH IT WAS ACTUALLY THE OGUN AGAIN.....

OGUN I HAIL O.. JEBUSITE D GLORY OF OGUN.

1 Like

Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by DNA123(m): 8:44am On Oct 03, 2017
That means you are from Offa.
crackhouse:
he's ur mum's uncle. it's ok. Now what do u want us to do.
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 03, 2017
GoldNiagara:

You are the one alleging you are the best, so give evidence, I have given you something.Don't go mentally indolent on me.

I've given u stats from a well known Nigerian newspaper, punch newspaper.

http://punchng.com/again-south-east-leads-in-wassce-performance-chart/
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by adisaigbo1(m): 9:01am On Oct 03, 2017
DrOgunbuyide:
So my Yoruba ppl have been reading books since d beginning! Yet they are slaves to d northern illiterates, what an irony
Unlike your forbearers that usually runs outta Nigeria dressed as women with skirt and blouse!

2 Likes

Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 03, 2017
ODVanguard:

You guys are a bunch of losers. #Fact. Go and conduct your own independent research and counter Okebukola so you can be taken seriously. So all your SE professors would prefer/rather go and teach in SW universities while neglecting your regional ones huh? You guys are always fond of putting a spin on and muddling things up just to save face. UI has the highest number of professors in the country and is reputed to have predominantly Yoruba professors, #FACT. Ditto OAU. The onus is on you and hornyofife to prove beyond reasonable doubt that your people constitute a fair amount of the SW uni professors. Either that or you quit making empty noises.

IMO state has the highest number of professors in nigeria.

Ur stats are extremely misleading. In nigeria professors are not restricted to teach in their state if origin, there are everywhere. So u can't use that table as a tool. IGBOS are known to leave in hundreds of thousands or in millions across every state in nigeria so wen measuring anything, Ur kind of stats is JSS3 stats.
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by Matican: 9:05am On Oct 03, 2017
The first form of literacy and numeracy in Nigeria is in Arabic. The Northerners joined the western education fray slower and later, but they were the first of all to read and write in Arabic. Fulfulde and Hausa (written in Arabic ligature), the first Nigerians in Northern African universities predating the advent of western education and Nigeria's colonists........ I would expand more, but, for wetin?

I am given to discouraging all this gloating over the 'backwardness' of OTHERS while priding in the achievement of OTHERS.

......breathing easy, minding my mind.
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 03, 2017
GoldNiagara:

You are the one alleging you are the best, so give evidence, I have given you something.Don't go mentally indolent on me.

http://punchng.com/education-why-south-west-and-north-should-be-worried/
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 03, 2017
GoldNiagara:

Best Secondary Schools in Nigeria Revealed By WAEC

wetinhappen.com.ng

Oct 1, 2017 11:16 PM

1. Kings’ College, Lagos

2. Atlantic Hall, Poka-Epe, Lagos

3. Loyola Jesuit College, Gidan Mangoro, Karu-Karshi Road, Abuja

4. Grange Schools, Ikeja, Lagos Sate

5. Christ The King College, Onitsha

6. Vivian Fowler Memorial College, Chief T. A. Doherty Layout, Oregun, Ikeja in Lagos

7. Day Waterman College, Ikoyi, Lagos

8. LEKKI BRITISH INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL Victoria Arobieke Street, off Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos. Lekki British International School

9.Lumen Christi International High School, Uromi, Edo State

10. Corona Secondary School, Agbara, Ogun State

11. Olashore International High School, Iloko Ijesha, Oshun State

12. St Gregory’s College, Ikoyi, Lagos

13. Avicenna School, Lagos

14. BRITISH INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL Landbridge Avenue, Oniru Private Estate, Victoria Island, Lagos State

15. GREENSPRINGS SCHOOL, Lagos 32, Olatunde Ayoola Avenue, Anthony, Lagos

16. The Capital Science Academy, Abuja

17. Nigerian-Turkish International Academy, Abuja

18. Louisville Girl’s High School, Ijebu-Itele, Ogun State.

19. Premiere Academy, Lugbe, Abuja

20. St Francis Catholic Secondary School, 107, Liasu Road, Idimu. P. O. Box 91, Oshodi, Lagos State, Nigeria.

21. CHRISLAND COLLEGE Ladipo Oluwole Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos.

22. Regina Pacis College, Abuja

23. DOWEN COLLEGE Regency Town, Lekki, Lagos.

24. Brookstone School secondary, International Airport Road, Igwuruta, Rivers State

25. Bethel Demonstration Schools, 3 ,Asamah Avenue, Effurun, Warri Central, Delta State

26. Saint Michael’s International School, Dadin Kowa Road, Kontagora, Niger State

27. Hillcrest School Jos, 13 Old Bukuru Road, Plateau State

28. Chrisland College, 72 ,Old Ejigbo Road, Idimu Egbeda, Alimosho, Lagos State

29. Abuja Capital International College, 352/353 Road, FHA Gwarinpa 11 Estate, Gwarinpa, Abuja

30. Charles Dale Memorial International School, 12 Army Range Road, Igwuruta-Eneka, Rivers State

31. Thomas Adewumi International College, Adewumi Drive, Oko P.M. B. 1050, Omu-Aran, Kwara State, Nigeria.

32. Lumen Christi International High School, Arue – Uromi, Benin City, Edo State

33. Adesoye College, Igosun Road, PB 4700,Offa, Kwara State

34. Holy Rosary International School, University Junction, Zone 6, Wuse, Abuja

35. CITADEL INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE, Arigidi Road Ikare Akoko, Ondo State,

36. Stage One International School, 4Th Avenue, 403 Road, PW, Kubwa, Abuja

Queen’s College, Yaba, Lagos

Capville School, House 58/60 4Th Avenue, Gwarinpa Estate, Abuja

37. Angelwings Comprehensive College, Phase 1, Site 1, Pw (Maroko) Kubwa, Abuja

38. Air Force Comprehensive School, Iyana-Offa , Ibadan, Oyo State

39. Ifako International Secondary School, 99/101 ,Iju Road, Agege, Lagos.

Report a problem

https://www.nairaland.com/237534/look-going-school-nigeria-statistics
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:37am On Oct 03, 2017
Matican:
The first form of literacy and numeracy in Nigeria is in Arabic. The Northerners joined the western education fray slower and later, but they were the first of all to read and write in Arabic. Fulfulde and Hausa (written in Arabic ligature), the first Nigerians in Northern African universities predating the advent of western education and Nigeria's colonists........ I would expand more, but, for wetin?

I am given to discouraging all this gloating over the 'backwardness' of OTHERS while priding in the achievement of OTHERS.

......breathing easy, minding my mind.
You are absolutely right. The first literate in Nigeria are the northerners. Some of them went as far as Timbuktu in Mali, Fez in Morroco and Cairo in Egypt to study. They were the first to get scholarships in Nigeria via Islamic Education.
It is well written and documented in Nigeria history of education.

1 Like

Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by adeniyidare: 10:03am On Oct 03, 2017
plz am not being tribalistic. plz where are the northerners and they so hungry for power. ish okay
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by olowobaba10: 10:18am On Oct 03, 2017
NA LIE, WHO WE GO ASK OR ARE YOU FROM UKPOH?
MissChievous199:
My Mummy kiss kiss kiss kiss
Prof. Stella Okunna
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by Topmaike007(m): 10:23am On Oct 03, 2017
surgecom:
Wow. Not trying to tribalize, why only from South. No northern "first professor of"
dem dey go school? No be to dey cary gun they kill people na him dem know
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by Topmaike007(m): 10:28am On Oct 03, 2017
supereagle:

Tell them.
in terms of sports igbo have been making the nation proud so dont talk trash you guys dont know.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Check OAU 2008/2009 Admission List Here / Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards - 2018/2019 / Stephanie Ofijoyce: Nigerians Refused To Help Me After I Made Success Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.