Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,681 members, 7,801,963 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines (113644 Views)

I Feel Ashamed Nigerian Professors Earn Less Than $1000 A Month - TETFund Boss / 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries / Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by supereagle(m): 9:31pm On Oct 02, 2017
point5:
Igbo has it more...oya afonjas ur comment
Drug pushing.
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by activistjohnny(m): 9:32pm On Oct 02, 2017
attention007:
And yet we are yet to see articles written and published by majority of them professors
you will always be living in a deluded state of mind when you are saying they haven't published series of articles. I could remembered when I was in school I usually read prof. of geology articles very interesting articles.Google all these articles online.
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by babaojigiri: 9:33pm On Oct 02, 2017
first professor in religion study is prof adamoh Kogi state

1 Like

Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by Awoleesu(m): 9:33pm On Oct 02, 2017
First professor of jihadi in west africa (al shaykh na jihad da sudais wal yammin): prof. Uthman Danfodiyyo (sokoto state).
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by maisauki: 9:34pm On Oct 02, 2017
some ppl are shouting no northerner there, this is marginalization bla bla bla. how will they be there, or say do they need to be there? they hav their own well organized system of education that has produced and is still producing great minds
so it is those that don't hav their own well structured system that rush to embrace other people's system
DON'T GET MAD BECAUSE OF WHAT I POST JUST COME TO D NORTH WITH YOUR SENSE AND SEE THINGS FOR YOURSELF
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by seangy4konji: 9:38pm On Oct 02, 2017
na selfishness ruin Nigeria...we dont love each other eye service..we are sopposed to v developed more than this with the brain and natural resources..

what a shame and pity...

no country rich pass us for africa..as England theyDem be learner when it comes to cash...abi Canada

endowed country but all waste...we fit deh give the whole west africa money every year and it no go affect us if managec well but we dont have hospitals...doctors collect 60k salary...2 henessy...

shame.
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 02, 2017
reuben79:
how many region developed nd secure like southwest in nigeria here?its cos of there early education...............kudo to baba Awo
pls which state is well developed in south west apart from lagos no mans land other states are of full of mud houses and brown roofs reason why their is large numbers of professors in skull mining in waste land
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by Reeberry: 9:40pm On Oct 02, 2017
wickyyolo:

grin

Shekau is the First Nigerian Professor on Terrorism
How did you know that mad man Shikau is a Nigerian?
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by KemjikaEme: 9:42pm On Oct 02, 2017
TimeMod1:
I guess if western education had been rejected in the SW just as they were rejected up north, you would have been mocking and saying silly things about SW.
Do you think education could be forced on the Yorubas if they had rejected it ?
Yorubas accepted them, sheltered them, gave them their lands to build schools. That's the spirit of the yorubas..

Enough of your silly talks abeg.
Nobody is making silly comments about yoruba,it's only your inability to understand simple logic.
South Eastern Nigeria also embraced the Western education and a number of non Igbos had their education in the East. Does this therefore mean that those folks were educated courtesy of Igbos? No!
The fact that people attained western education as a result of early establishment of schools in yorubaland has nothing to do with ethnicity. Credit does not go to yorubas but the originators of these schools who established a formal school system and curriculum for colonial students.

1 Like

Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by ODVanguard: 9:44pm On Oct 02, 2017
KemjikaEme:

Wrong! Yorubas and Igbos should give credit to the British for bringing Western education to their colony and setting up schools and importing teachers to teach the ancestors.
No group in Nigeria can take credit for the positive dividends of colonialism in colonial Nigeria.
My information is sourced from NUC.

Poppycock. I dare you (and PrecisionFX) to show proof from the NUC to back your claim! You people are scammers. Where are these Imo professors? The igbo guy that made that false claim about Imo having the highest number of professors never presented any shred of evidence to that effect, in the usual igbo fashion. Peter Okebukola (pro chancellor of Crawford University) recently carried out a thorough research on the number of professors in most Nigerian universities. You people should counter him with your own findings, make it public (like Okebukola did) and then you will be taken seriously, rather than making spurious claims. Okebukola's findings are consistent with this OP's coz SW universities still dominate the list with the highest number of professors (as shown below). You people should stop this nonsense of cooking up stuff just to massage your own egos.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by Flashh: 9:45pm On Oct 02, 2017
JayJohnson:

If this miscellaneous, i think it is good and better than abandoning your rag tag army at the war front to enjoy good life in ivory-coast or behaving like a coward running to London via Cameroon and Malaysia
Were you drunk when you quoted me? Is it because I don't want to be tribalistic by not using "we" instead of "they"?
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by BALLOSKI: 9:45pm On Oct 02, 2017
surgecom:
Wow. Not trying to tribalize, why only from South. No northern "first professor of"
does that mean there are no professors in the north?

The first heart surgeon in Nigeria is from the north.
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by GoldNiagara(m): 9:46pm On Oct 02, 2017
ibe123:
pls which state is well developed in south west apart from lagos no mans land other states are of full of mud houses and brown roofs reason why their is large numbers of professors in skull mining in waste land

As there is also no town or city more developed than Lagos island in the whole of south yeast .

1 Like

Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 02, 2017
TimeMod1:
seun mynd44, this dude here keeps calling everyone a fool for no reason.
You don't really understand what i mean isn't?
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by GoldNiagara(m): 9:47pm On Oct 02, 2017
ibe123:

As there is also no town or city more developed than Lagos island in the whole of south yeast .Or any state richer than apapa in igr in the whole of south yeast. One more thing, quit deceiving yourself Lagos is part and in south west.

2 Likes

Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 02, 2017
Deo1986:
Yoruba's are great in everything in this country excepting politics, i hail una. No Niger Deltan made the least though.
make una the lie small small u mean that afonja are doing great in sport,nollywood,economic development.
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by TimeMod1: 9:50pm On Oct 02, 2017
Pridestorm:
You don't really understand what i mean isn't?
No I don't, what's your point?
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by potent5(m): 9:51pm On Oct 02, 2017
Why won't we be in recession when the enlightened are ruled by the shortsighted.? With all their so-called largest population they couldn't produce any firsts. Nigeria is doomed.
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by GoldNiagara(m): 9:52pm On Oct 02, 2017
ODVanguard:

Poppycock. I dare you (and PrecisionFX) to show proof from the NUC to back your claim! You people are scammers. Where are these Imo professors? The igbo guy that made that false claim about Imo having the highest number of professors never presented any shred of evidence to that effect, in the usual igbo fashion. Peter Okebukola (pro chancellor of Crawford University) recently carried out a thorough research on the number of professors in most Nigerian universities. You people should counter him with your own findings, make it public (like Okebukola did) and then you will be taken seriously, rather than making spurious claims. Okebukola's findings are consistent with this OP's coz SW universities still dominate the list with the highest number of professors (as shown below). You people should stop this nonsense of cooking up stuff just to massage your own egos.

Cc: GoldNiagara

Good job bro! They eill melt with the wind when they see this.
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 02, 2017
Flashh:
Were you drunked when you quoted me? Is it because I don't want to be tribalistic by not using "we" instead of "they"?

I was "drunked" sir
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 02, 2017
GoldNiagara:

As there is also no town or city more developed than Lagos island in the whole of south yeast .Or any state richer than apapa in igr in the whole of south yeast. One more thing, quit deceiving yourself Lagos is part and in south west.
yes lagos is located in southwest but the skull minhng afonjas never contribute any thing meaningful to its development their contribution is agberoism,touts,rituals
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by AkieWillis(m): 10:01pm On Oct 02, 2017
alex81:
what abt the first Nigerian professor of Electrical Electronics Engineering?
Professor Victor A. Williams
(Ijero-Ekiti, Ekiti State)

1 Like

Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by flimzy24: 10:02pm On Oct 02, 2017
First professor of optometry - Prof. Paul Ogbuehi (Abia State) don't miss dat again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by Flashh: 10:03pm On Oct 02, 2017
JayJohnson:

I was "drunked" sir
Anyhow. You must have taken the wrong one.

2 Likes

Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by Mbediogu(m): 10:08pm On Oct 02, 2017
theguvnor:
No Northerner?
This is marginalization.

This is not political please. Marginalization here may be from brain cell deficit.
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by valdetino(m): 10:09pm On Oct 02, 2017
me chilling with First Nigeria professor in Architecture. (count from your left am the first on black suit, sitting in front close to Prof) Prof Ekundayo so good to know you sir.

1 Like

Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by hornyofife: 10:09pm On Oct 02, 2017
Before Nigeria's independence, the igbos had already suppassed the yorubas in education, Yorubas are able to have all these first professors during and after the civil war where the igbos had lost everything and had to start from the scratch while the west suffered no war and yorubas were going to school.... mind you the first set of Nigerian VCs in the premiere higher institutions of Nigeria were all igbos from Yabatech to UI to UniLag to UNN. Again igbos were the first set of Masters holders to occupy the Nigerian military when the military was still made up of uneducated recruits.Ojukwu was the first masters holder to join the Nigerian Army. Ifeajuna, Nzeogu, Aguyi ironsi were all university graduates..So after the civil war and the losts that came afterward for the igbos, it is understandable that the yorubas may have many first....

do a little more research and find out when they had those professorship, you will find out it was between the 1970 to 1990s which was when the igbos where still finding their foot back..

again should it be the first professors? i think it should be who first had a PhD in those fields, professorship doesn't paint the right picture in my opinion...

Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by Nobody: 10:10pm On Oct 02, 2017
TimeMod1:
No I don't, what's your point?
There is what people do in this forum that baffles me a lot. Why must he discriminate other tribe? not only that, but i have come to observe that the yorubas are indeed filled with pride to the extent that they think there're the most brilliant and the most smartest in whole federation.
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by GoldNiagara(m): 10:12pm On Oct 02, 2017
ibe123:
yes lagos is located in southwest but the skull minhng afonjas never contribute any thing meaningful to its development their contribution is agberoism,touts,rituals

Na so! The governor that constructed the ikoyi-lekki link bridge is an Igbo man, what of the train from badagry to Lagos island, the roads, hospitals , upping of igr to over 20 billions per month, the security and social infrastructures that makes Lagos a mecca for business was all done by the Igbo's.

Now tell me what Igbo's have contributed to Lagos. You guys don't even pay tax, yet will destroy our infrastructures and still complain. Firs recorded not even one person pay tax up to ten million in the whole of south east. You guys are dead weight on lagos.

Then you guys contribute all variety of crimes to Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by Akejejekay: 10:13pm On Oct 02, 2017
[quote author=DrOgunbuyide post=61044637]So my Yoruba ppl have been reading books since d beginning! Yet they are slaves to d northern illiterates, what an irony a yoruba adage says that, if the wise pretends to be a fool, his wisdom will thrive!
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by TimeMod1: 10:14pm On Oct 02, 2017
Pridestorm:
There is what people do in this forum that baffles me a lot. Why must he discriminate other tribe? not only that, but i have come to observe that the yorubas are indeed filled with pride to the extent that they think there're the most brilliant and the most smartest in whole federation.
Are you a northerner?
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by abdulsemiu02(m): 10:17pm On Oct 02, 2017
Yoruba people and book sha, well I'm proud to be a Yoruba person.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Check OAU 2008/2009 Admission List Here / Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards - 2018/2019 / Stephanie Ofijoyce: Nigerians Refused To Help Me After I Made Success Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.