Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience (69373 Views)

TSTV Is Back As CEO Holds Press Conference And Rolls Out New Deals / TSTV Is Back With Exciting News / TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by 7ran53nd: 8:33pm On Oct 02, 2017
Eeyah... It's not TV that I'm interested in o. If they can deliver 10GB for 3K, they can have their TV o. It's internet I want. Fast internet for me and my wife abeg,
DAZALL!

4 Likes

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by emmie14: 8:36pm On Oct 02, 2017
abhosts:
Human Beings are just like weather. The same people singing praises of this company would soon change their tune when they discover they are simply chasing a Fantasy.

Na Dstv send you?

1 Like

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by chibuzor05(m): 8:43pm On Oct 02, 2017
See the full list of TSTv dealers in Nigeria across the states with their locations, email and phone numbers. Check a dealer closet to you and go get yours.
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Leopantro: 8:46pm On Oct 02, 2017
jnwankwo:
Buyer beware, Do your research before you jump in. Here is my little research on this.

These TSTV guys are actually reckless. I am really surprised that they brought the minister into this.
I believe that this is another MMM. Buyers beware. This is based on the following:
1. Bein sports acquired the EPL, Champions League and Laliga only for MENA (Middle East and North Africa). They do not have the right for Nigeria. DSTV owns the rights for Nigeria till 2019. You cannot give what you do not have. When a new service is launched, you have to wait for the next bidding round to have a shot at acquiring the rights. You cannot jump in the middle and start showing it. Things are not done that way in the PayTV world.

A lot of channels listed like CNN, National Geographic, Discovery etc were acquired by DSTV on an exclusive basis for DTH in sub-saharan Africa by DSTV. Channels like Star Movies, MBC2, etc are only cleared for middle east and Asia. I really doubt that they have the rights to those channels. They may show it for one or two months before they are asked to take them off air.

I check with a content aggregator on the cost per subscriber for these channels, assuming they can buy the rights, it came out the about 23 USD per month. That is excluding the sports channels. Based on today's naira exchange rate of 365 naira to a dollar, the cost is 8,395 Naira per subscriber. The content owners globally charge per month for their content. They do not charge per week or part of the month. The content owners dictate the terms. Nobody can pay 8395 Naira and charge 3000 Naira. Not possible.

The cost of decoder package is as follows - decoder 25 USD, smartcard 4 USD, dish is 5 USD. Total is 34 USD (12410 naira). If we add shipping and clearing, you can get 15,000 Naira. To charge 5000 Naira for the package, you will need a lot of cheap money from bank to fund the decoder purchase. Buying 15,000 and selling 5000 sounds interesting to me.

To do internet via satellite, you need VSAT equipment which is expensive compared to the dish/lnb you need to receive dstv. Minimum cost of vsat equipment should be not less than 50,000 Naira. If you use the traditional dish equipment, you can only receive. You cannot do internet with it. Unless TSTV will supply you 40,000 Naira vsat equipment for 5000 Naira.

I went to lyngsat and checked the ABS 3A satellite, I did not see any information about any TSTV channels. Lyngsat is the database of all channels currently on satellite.

When you launch a new DTH platform, you start with a test transmission. This allows you to work through some issues that might come up. It also gives people chance to see some of your channels to make sure they are real before committing their money. There is no test transmission from TSTV.

In conclusion, people should ask enough questions before investing their hard earned money. If it is too good to be true, it's probably is. Let this not be another MMM.

EFCC recently arrested this guy for fraud.
http://motherhoodinstyle.net/2016/01/23/doctor-who-proposed-marriage-to-wifes-close-friend-4-months-after-her-death-dumped-after-hes-nabbed-by-efcc/

you made some very cogent points here. I'm thinking the STB is actually like an android setup box or something similar with streaming apps pre-installed. the price of the decoder is just too cheap to be true.
another thing is the data they keep talking about. if it has all these functions and will get all these stations i would have expected a prolonged test run like you said.

well, we will watch and wait.
something like this perhaps

1 Like

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by deluckiest(m): 9:03pm On Oct 02, 2017
Guy go to Warri and Porthacourt and see people watching EPL and champion league matches with other sitelite and not Dstv.
In Africa,Nigeria has been exluded from Dstv monopoly.

3 Likes

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by okitz4(m): 9:09pm On Oct 02, 2017
Donald3d:
I might not be a complete expert at this ,but the knowledge of technology I have so far makes something suspicious about TSTV
(except I am not understanding the whole thing properly)
If you notice they keep mentioning data ,data ,data
My fear is that the data would be shared between your normal "hotspotting" and the stations you are viewing (so e go be like say you dey stream video on youtube with your data ).Does that mean the thing go quick finish
As much as Its an awesome news ,it still sounds too good to be true
Because they won't only be taking DSTV down,MTN,AIRTEL,GLO,SPECTRANET,SMILE are all going down cool

let me wait for all the "lab rats" to buy it first ,if there is good feedback I will buy two wink cool

u just said it, pay as you watch
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by scopusng(m): 9:12pm On Oct 02, 2017
Guy go to Warri and Porthacourt and see people watching EPL and champion league matches with other sitelite and not Dstv.
In Africa,Nigeria has been exluded from Dstv monopoly.

2 Likes

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by charlsecy(m): 9:26pm On Oct 02, 2017
Donald3d:
My fear is that the data would be shared between your normal "hotspotting" and the stations you are viewing (so e go be like say you dey stream video on youtube with your data ).Does that mean the thing go quick finish
The data is an add-on, and your subscription is independent of the data.
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Myde4naija(m): 9:33pm On Oct 02, 2017
LesbianBoy:
It's too good to be true abeg!

The network may just be like glo own angry angry angry
Glo try nah, at least for my area in Ogun state Glo is still the best
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by CloudResident(m): 9:46pm On Oct 02, 2017
Hey wait.. What about free to air?? grin
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Ristamike: 9:54pm On Oct 02, 2017
Sounds interesting tbf!
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by valdetino(m): 9:55pm On Oct 02, 2017
cabals are still fighting Tstv, they have not started selling.

2 Shares

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Kristokx(m): 10:05pm On Oct 02, 2017
jnwankwo:
Buyer beware, Do your research before you jump in. Here is my little research on this.

These TSTV guys are actually reckless. I am really surprised that they brought the minister into this.
I believe that this is another MMM. Buyers beware. This is based on the following:
1. Bein sports acquired the EPL, Champions League and Laliga only for MENA (Middle East and North Africa). They do not have the right for Nigeria. DSTV owns the rights for Nigeria till 2019. You cannot give what you do not have. When a new service is launched, you have to wait for the next bidding round to have a shot at acquiring the rights. You cannot jump in the middle and start showing it. Things are not done that way in the PayTV world.

A lot of channels listed like CNN, National Geographic, Discovery etc were acquired by DSTV on an exclusive basis for DTH in sub-saharan Africa by DSTV. Channels like Star Movies, MBC2, etc are only cleared for middle east and Asia. I really doubt that they have the rights to those channels. They may show it for one or two months before they are asked to take them off air.

I check with a content aggregator on the cost per subscriber for these channels, assuming they can buy the rights, it came out the about 23 USD per month. That is excluding the sports channels. Based on today's naira exchange rate of 365 naira to a dollar, the cost is 8,395 Naira per subscriber. The content owners globally charge per month for their content. They do not charge per week or part of the month. The content owners dictate the terms. Nobody can pay 8395 Naira and charge 3000 Naira. Not possible.

The cost of decoder package is as follows - decoder 25 USD, smartcard 4 USD, dish is 5 USD. Total is 34 USD (12410 naira). If we add shipping and clearing, you can get 15,000 Naira. To charge 5000 Naira for the package, you will need a lot of cheap money from bank to fund the decoder purchase. Buying 15,000 and selling 5000 sounds interesting to me.

To do internet via satellite, you need VSAT equipment which is expensive compared to the dish/lnb you need to receive dstv. Minimum cost of vsat equipment should be not less than 50,000 Naira. If you use the traditional dish equipment, you can only receive. You cannot do internet with it. Unless TSTV will supply you 40,000 Naira vsat equipment for 5000 Naira.

I went to lyngsat and checked the ABS 3A satellite, I did not see any information about any TSTV channels. Lyngsat is the database of all channels currently on satellite.

When you launch a new DTH platform, you start with a test transmission. This allows you to work through some issues that might come up. It also gives people chance to see some of your channels to make sure they are real before committing their money. There is no test transmission from TSTV.

In conclusion, people should ask enough questions before investing their hard earned money. If it is too good to be true, it's probably is. Let this not be another MMM.

http://motherhoodinstyle.net/2016/01/23/doctor-who-proposed-marriage-to-wifes-close-friend-4-months-after-her-death-dumped-after-hes-nabbed-by-efcc/

This guy na top official for DSTV continue sir

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by vandertommy: 10:09pm On Oct 02, 2017
Opinionated:
Many small businesses and even homes incur 2 bills that are not essential needs in the real sense of it but many people feel they cannot do without them -Internet and satellite television subscription.

Would it not be nice to have one solution that provides you with both at a cheap rate? This is exactly what the newly-launched TSTV is bringing. You can depending on how heavily you use data for example, subscribe to Internet and satellite TV for N3,000 per month or even less if you are a light user. Some people pay higher rates to get Internet on their smartphones alone. This for us is the real game-changing proposition that TSTV has over DSTV and StarTimes which are currently No. 1 and 2 in the Nigerian satellite/Pay-TV market.

TSTV explains it thus:

“We will pioneer the introduction of Smart set top boxes in Nigeria DTH industry.” it set-up box as the following features:

“HD SMART Set Top Box (Connected Set top box) converts your existing LED TV into a Smart TV besides showing you more than 100 Channels & services in High Definition and Standard Definition. While the DTH tech in it brings television channels in Standard Definition and High Definition, the Connected set top box allows one to browse content from Twitter, Facebook, Daily Motion, video on demand sites, Over the Top, OTT apps, news, weather etc. through applications residing on STB. Our HD Smart Set Top Box will work as a tool for personalization, engagement, and new customer experiences and with internet connectivity, one can convert one‘s TV into a smart TV using it. Subscribers are entitled to a complementary 20GB internet capacity every month and this service is available for extension on demand.

“TSTV STB Back-Office End-to-End Solution is an easy-to-maintain solution for delivering TV, Video-On-Demand, and interactive services to end users who use LAN. It suits for schools, hospitals, hotels, communities, securities firms and so on.

“TSTV STB platform also includes in-built fast Wi-Fi, up to 802.11ac, 1 GBit/s Ethernet and USB 3.0 interface. TSTV STB supports built-in Bluetooth 4.0, RF for hybrid remote controls and support of Smart Home services via Zigbee/Thread standard. Multichannel video recording is possible via fast external USB 3.0 hard disks up to 50 Gigabyte capacity. Our Smart STBs also have the capacity to make video calls with other TSTV subscribers via IP.”

Not only can you watch the channels that TSTV is having on its satellite platform, you can also stream other content from the Internet including but not limited to YouTube.

TSTV Purchase and Subscription Rates

TSTV decoder plus dish goes for N5,000 (you might have to pay extra for installation which is a separate service).

As you can see, very attractive rates:

TSTv daily plan – N200 plus 500MB
TSTv 3 days plan – N500 plus 1GB
TSTv Weekly plan – N750 plus 2GB
TSTv 10 days plan – N1,000 plus 3GB
TSTv 2 Weeks plan – N1,500 plus 5GB
TSTv Monthly Plan – N3,000 Plus 10GB

This kind of ‘democritization’ of Satellite TV and Internet access to Nigerians is likely to unleash our creativity and force the likes of DSTV and StarTimes to provide similar or better services.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/tstv-set-change-internet-satellite-television-experience/

if dstv were to bring out this kinda plan or decoder, the price would go around 150k-200k. Tstv all the way

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by vandertommy: 10:12pm On Oct 02, 2017
If dstv were to offer this kinda decoder or plan, the price would be around 200k to 300k. Tstv all the way
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by LivingBetter: 10:38pm On Oct 02, 2017
When a friend who leaves in Canada told me about 3yrs ago that in Canada, he pays only one subscription for phone calls unlimited, satellite TV and internet unlimited for an equivalent of about 15k for one month with pause mode from a single decoder, I hoped it would happen someday in Nigeria. Now it has appeared via TSTV.
For all those making failure analysis of TSTV, make una no vex o!, na wetin DStv and Nigerian politician don brainwash una with high price over the years na im cause am.

Remember say one politician say in the 80's that telephone is not meant for the poor. Today, Android phone wey im no see for life dey poor man hand now. Time will tell

4 Likes

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by dustmalik: 10:56pm On Oct 02, 2017
valdetino:
omo TStv no serious I want to their Abuja office today to my greatest surprise they have not started fully despite lunching yday. many of us was so so disappointed with them.
What exactly did they tell you guys?
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by xlander(m): 10:57pm On Oct 02, 2017
[quote author=Donald3d post=61041073]I might not be a complete expert at this ,but the knowledge of technology I have so far makes something suspicious about TSTV
(except I am not understanding the whole thing properly)
If you notice they keep mentioning data ,data ,data
As much as Its an awesome news ,it still sounds too good to be true
Because they won't only be taking DSTV down,MTN,AIRTEL,GLO,SPECTRANET,SMILE are all going down cool

let me wait for all the "lab rats" to buy it first ,if there is good feedback I will buy two wink 8
I had this suspicion too but when I spoke to an agent he said that won't be the case, Channels will be transmitted via Sat Transponders
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by scarplanet(m): 11:02pm On Oct 02, 2017
following keenly
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 02, 2017
jnwankwo:

a 500gb hard drive is at least 12k today - and they are selling the entire package complete with hard drive for 5k. in the end, there is very litle risk - last last 8k enter toilet

this. every telco, isp etal, phases their roll out

they typically start in lagos, then port harcourt and abuja, then slowly cover the rest of nigeria. these guys are promising to do nationwide rollout.

2 Likes

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Nobody: 11:33pm On Oct 02, 2017
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by slinkman(m): 11:51pm On Oct 02, 2017
I don already buy am finish
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by mecussey(m): 11:52pm On Oct 02, 2017
dustmalik:
As long as TStv goes ahead with the features they promised, like 20gb data, Wi-Fi hotspot via the in-built Wi-Fi, PVR, 500gb inbuilt storage, with unlimited expansion via external storage, Video conferencing utilizing its inbuilt camera, plus all the channels listed on their website, then TStv will succeed.

Nobody can convince me how all these features will be 5k. The cheapest techno phone self na 5.5k yet e no get any of this....this is too good to be true. I just hope Yahoo boyz never go nuclear and have decided to scam the whole Nigeria instead.

4 Likes

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Gbengulo54: 11:53pm On Oct 02, 2017
[quotruetalkte author=vandertommy post=61050451] if dstv were to bring out this kinda plan or decoder, the price would go around 150k-200k. Tstv all the way[/quote]
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by slinkman(m): 11:54pm On Oct 02, 2017
oyb:

a 500gb hard drive is at least 12k today - and they are selling the entire package complete with hard drive for 5k. in the end, there is very litle risk - last last 8k enter toilet

this. every telco, isp etal, phases their roll out

they typically start in lagos, then port harcourt and abuja, then slowly cover the rest of nigeria. these guys are promising to do nationwide rollout.
wait them dey sell hard disk join?
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Gbengulo54: 11:54pm On Oct 02, 2017
if dstv were to bring out this kinda plan or decoder, the price would go around 150k-200k. Tstv all the way[/quote]true talk
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by GoldHorse(m): 12:17am On Oct 03, 2017
DSTV will soon launch their own internet enabled services (which they were actually capable of before). Olodo people!!! undecided
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by twatty: 12:34am On Oct 03, 2017
any information if the dish is in Port Harcourt?
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by ayamjay: 12:36am On Oct 03, 2017
Dem just start, small time we go dey hear say network dey Bleep up like glo.
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by demefa(m): 2:19am On Oct 03, 2017
valdetino:
omo TStv no serious I want to their Abuja office today to my greatest surprise they have not started fully despite lunching yday. many of us was so so disappointed with them.
RIP English

2 Likes

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Nobody: 4:55am On Oct 03, 2017
slinkman:
wait them dey sell hard disk join?

The internal 500gb storage they keep going on about.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Moment Laycon Curved Erica During The Party (video) / Bbnaija: How Viewers Voted For Tega, Peace, Michael, Boma, Saga, Nini / KiddWaya & Erica Boobs: Will This Fresh Scandal In BBNaija Be Ignored Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.