Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,560 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

O.J. Released From Prison After 9 Years In The Slammer - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / O.J. Released From Prison After 9 Years In The Slammer (563 Views)

Verydarkman Finally Released From Police Custody (photos) / Portable Taken Back To Prison After Failing To Meet Bail Conditions (Video) / Michael Dapaah 'Big Shaq' Visits Ghana After 9 Years, Shares Pic With Grandma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

O.J. Released From Prison After 9 Years In The Slammer by lozairio(m): 10:04pm On Oct 02, 2017

For the first time in nine years, O.J. Simpson has walked free from prison.
Simpson was released from Lovelock Correctional Center in Nevada at 12:08 a.m. last Sunday, according to a statement made by the Nevada Department of Corrections. Spokeswoman Brooke Keast said she wasn’t aware of Simpson’s plans following his release, only adding that an unknown driver came to pick him up from the prison.
Neither Simpson’s Attorney Malcolm LaVergne or Captain Shawn Arruti, the parole officer for the state handling Simpson’s case, responded to messages asking for Simpson’s plans.
He seemed in good spirits, wearing a blue baseball cap and jeans as Juice, as he was affectionately called back in his NFL days, left the correction center and tasted freedom for the first time in nearly a decade.
Five hours later, reporters caught up with Simpson at a gas station refilling his
white SUV and asked him what his plans were since being released. He seemed genuinely surprised to have been found so early after being discharged from the prison—especially at such an early hour.
“How in the world – y’all been stalking me?” He first accused the reporter who approached the driver’s side passenger seat where Simpson was sitting. When asked how he appreciated his freedom Simpson only responded that he had “been in a car for the past five hours,” and couldn’t really appreciate the privilege as of yet.

The fact that Simpson refused to answer questions regarding his plans or where he was heading seemed to indicate that he would prefer to step gracefully from the limelight as much as possible, adding that he had nothing to disclose to the media as his life has been fairly uneventful in prison.
“I’ve Been in nowhere-USA for the last nine years doing nothing – nothing has changed in my life,” he said to reporters, before giving a thumbs up to the camera and adding, “Nothing’s changed!”
O.J. Simpson had recently been granted parole last July after spending nine years in prison—the minimum sentence for the 2007 armed robbery he was convicted of. He was considered a model inmate during his incarceration, which was taken into account during the parole hearing. The 1995 murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman, of which Simpson was acquitted, were not considered a factor when he was granted parole.

(1) (Reply)

Psquare: Can Peter Break It Alone?see VIDEO / 'I Am So Happy Tristan And I Live Together Now' - Khloe Kardashian Reveals / Photo: Proofs That Davido And Wizkid Are Still Enemies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.