Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,186 members, 7,807,628 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa (50307 Views)

What Is Happening To TSTV? / What Happened To TSTV? / What Happened To TSTV? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa by colli247(m): 12:55pm On Oct 04, 2017
froz:
With the launch of latest Pay TV operator in Nigeria, TStv Africa, DStv, StarTimes and other existing service providers are unsettled by the immediate response of the Federal Government in granting a three-year tax relief to the newly inaugurated Pay TV operator in the country as well as tax-free dividends to all investors in the company.

The development has already triggered panic among old operators who have been competing for market shares in the face of harsh economic environment in the country.

Their fear is not unconnected to the belief that the new operator would before long break the strength of monopoly they have been riding on over the years.

A reliable source from one of the Pay TV service providers, who preferred anonymity, told INDEPENDENT that steps are being taken by the existing operators to request for a better deal from the Federal Government.

According to him, “You don’t expect those who have laboured hard in the country for people to enjoy this unique service to just be ignored like that. It will not be a fair deal if significant relief is given to a new entrant into the market without the same or better consideration extended to us who have the taken the industry’s heat over the years.”

On Sunday night, at a dinner to mark the official unveiling of TStv Africa in Abuja, Lai Mohammed, Minister of Information and Culture, announced the three-year tax relief for the new company.

During the official unveiling of the new company and its products which promises to operate on Pay-As-You-Consume model, the minister said the tax reliefs were in line with the pioneer status recently granted to the creative industry by the government.

He congratulated the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the company, Bright Echefu, and his team for liberalising and breaking the monopoly of Pay TV in the country.

The minister said: “The important thing about what Echefu has done today is that he has redefined the pay per view television industry; and from today, that industry will never remain the same again. What he has done is to democratise the media and entertainment industry and make it possible for even a peasant farmer to have access to the best entertainment and news in the world.

“It is a great opportunity for me to be the one to unveil TStv, because, just like a Nigerian made history by crashing the cost of telephony in Nigeria, I am glad that another Nigerian is now coming forward to crash the cost of Pay TV,” he said.

Wholly Nigerian-owned, the frenzy about the Pay TV has been spreading in the last few days before the official launch because of the anticipated refined offerings of novel unclassified Pay Per View subscription and complimentary internet services the operator is promising potential customers across the country.

With the commercial launch, industry watchers have posited that it would win over a lot of customers who have been itching for a pay-as-you-watch subscription plan from the likes of DStv, StarTimes, Consat and others in the past years without a positive response.

When INDEPENDENT contacted the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) spokesperson, Maimuna Jimada, if other Pay TV operators would be considered for the relief measure, she said the commission cannot comment on the development.

“It is the minister of information and culture that made the announcement. He is the one that can explain better,” she quipped.

Mohammed commended the courage of the investor for coming from the Diaspora to invest in his country and for believing in the government’s seriousness about diversifying the economy.

He said the company had also demonstrated that government alone could not do all things but needed the participation and synergy of the private sector.

The minister also stated that the government was aware of the huge contributions of the creative industry to the nation’s economy and would continue to support the sector.

“I want to assure that this administration will continue to assist you and other investors in creating the enabling environment for businesses to grow,” he added.

In his remarks, the Chief Executive Officer of the company, Bright Echefu, disclosed that TStv Africa, which had gone through a lot of challenges, was birth to liberalise Pay TV in the country, make it affordable to every Nigerian with added values.

Echefu said for the first time, Nigerians could now enjoy Pay Per View because with TStv, “subscription runs as you watch and it has the facility to pause your subscription when you travel”.

He said that TStv for a start has 70 premium channels model with the cheapest pay TV in Africa with maximum subscription fee of N3,000 only. The Pay TV has a model that accommodate subscription as low as N200 and N500 for a period of time.

Echefu said that once a customer subscribes to TStv, he or she will also get complimentary internet service, enabled Wi-Fi, as well as video calls and video conferencing services.

TStv has an array of amazing TV channels with premium entertainment, educative programmes that cut across all genres which include news, music, general entertainment, documentary, movies, religious, sports, health, kids, fashion and lifestyle that better define the uniqueness of Nigeria’s diverse culture and traditional values.

The minister has, however, identified contents and the lack of objective audience measurement as major challenges that had retarded the growth of TV and advertising industries in the country.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/dstv-startimes-others-question-fg-tax-relief-to-tstv-africa/
NEPA AKA EEDC WILL SOON GO ONE DAY
Re: DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa by Olasco93: 12:55pm On Oct 04, 2017
It shows the competition is real.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa by checkolatunji: 12:56pm On Oct 04, 2017
luorquay:
Bia dstv should shut up dia. All the money wey dem don enjoy for naija over the years never pass tax relief??

i hate dstv with passion
Re: DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa by Punchlines: 12:56pm On Oct 04, 2017
Make free 5000 daily with ALAT by WEMA BANK. Click this link http://alat.ng to sign up with this referral code K521S7

Or join us here to have a step by step guide on how to go about it https:///B2D408yQ0S2EMfX9kqGZaM
Re: DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa by dingbang(m): 12:56pm On Oct 04, 2017
God prepareth a table before tstv in the presence of her enemies

1 Like

Re: DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa by diegwu01: 12:57pm On Oct 04, 2017
froz:
With the launch of latest Pay TV operator in Nigeria, TStv Africa, DStv, StarTimes and other existing service providers are unsettled by the immediate response of the Federal Government in granting a three-year tax relief to the newly inaugurated Pay TV operator in the country as well as tax-free dividends to all investors in the company.

A reliable source from one of the Pay TV service providers, who preferred anonymity, told INDEPENDENT that steps are being taken by the existing operators to request for a better deal from the Federal Government.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/dstv-startimes-others-question-fg-tax-relief-to-tstv-africa/

The moment a media house or blog wants to spread lies and peddle rumour, they come up with these lines

3 Likes

Re: DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa by 1bunne4lif(m): 12:58pm On Oct 04, 2017
Bad belle at its peak
Re: DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa by holluphemydavid(m): 12:59pm On Oct 04, 2017
will TSTV bin showing premier league and all d music stations like Dstv?cos am not understanding dis
Re: DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa by cybriz82(m): 1:00pm On Oct 04, 2017
Dstv to startime be like the enemy of my enemies is my friend,
Re: DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa by neonly: 1:01pm On Oct 04, 2017
Has anyone notice dstv din det sit up now on gotv they returning missing station gradually God prunise then
Re: DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa by Standing5(m): 1:02pm On Oct 04, 2017
luorquay:
Bia dstv should shut up dia. All the money wey dem don enjoy for naija over the years never pass tax relief??
Govt is wrong here
Re: DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa by Chucksonline: 1:03pm On Oct 04, 2017
I hope they have the broadcast right for EPL, laliga and champions league because this is the catch for DSTV. I hope it's not initial gragra like the one HITV did before they kaputt. Competition with DSTV nor be yam ooooo.

1 Like

Re: DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa by mark0020(m): 1:04pm On Oct 04, 2017
make dem go die dstv
Re: DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 04, 2017
segebase:
THANKS TO BUBU
for?
Re: DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa by Bestman111(m): 1:06pm On Oct 04, 2017
Na startimes own dey pain me pass, I don dump them

1 Like

Re: DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa by Dollabiz: 1:06pm On Oct 04, 2017
Hmmm
Re: DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa by joepentwo(m): 1:09pm On Oct 04, 2017
God bless TStv grin
Re: DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa by mediaspy: 1:10pm On Oct 04, 2017
If DSTV wants tax relief, They should return all the profit the made through monopoly.
Nonsense
Re: DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa by bwehdoneit(m): 1:16pm On Oct 04, 2017
How Nigerian companies have been granted tax relief in South Africa? @DSTV. if Startimes is complaining, it's understandable but DSTV? Abeg make dem no make me vex.

2 Likes

Re: DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa by HAH: 1:25pm On Oct 04, 2017
bwehdoneit:
How Nigerian companies have been granted tax relief in South Africa? @DSTV. if Startimes is complaining, it's understandable but DSTV? Abeg make dem no make me vex.
even starimes is Chinese company they are just doing it in conjunction with nta, Nigeria must support indegenous companies

1 Like

Re: DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa by josielewa(m): 1:30pm On Oct 04, 2017
have you all not read about indigenization when in ss2 in comnerce and trade.....AWON PEPPER DEM GANG....OLE...
Re: DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa by talk2percy(m): 1:32pm On Oct 04, 2017
Dstv, the why is because, this one is a Nigerian thing and for Nigerians. And the ripping off u heartlessly meted out to us for years don do. It means our mumu don do...it's either u guys bring ur full bouquet down to 1k or watch ur company fold. All of us dey throway our dstv decoder for TSTV decoder...lol. Dstv, how u see am?

1 Like

Re: DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa by SpecNg: 1:34pm On Oct 04, 2017
Imagine there are also "fake" Reports about their illegal acquisition of beIN channels.

Chai Nigeria
Re: DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa by Chiefbuddle1: 1:35pm On Oct 04, 2017
Oshe
Re: DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa by segunesan(m): 1:36pm On Oct 04, 2017
When Gmail come, Yahoo goes. Life still continue. At least, I would have my money saved on data now.
Re: DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa by thunderbabs: 1:37pm On Oct 04, 2017
When God butter ur bread and ur enemies be like......No way, na we suppose get da butter cheesy

E pain dem..
Re: DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa by sokera: 1:40pm On Oct 04, 2017
I am always happy when Nigerians come together to support our own thing , despite the little disappointment we are getting from TSTV for not functioning yet since they officially launched , Nigerians still believe in them and still pray for their success ... this is a good sign that we are better as one Nigeria... I wish TSTV best of luck in their service tendering ... God bless TSTV , God bless Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa by olatade(m): 1:43pm On Oct 04, 2017
DSTV Vs TSTV.

Nigerians should be smart and careful. People must learn the power of monopoly. There are strong indication that DSTV is about to crash her Premium Subscription price from #14,000 to #7500 and people are rejoicing already. Look, the move is simply a recipe to kill TSTV and by the time they are done killing the new big boy in town, the price returns to where it was, formerly.

Lest we forget Dangote single handedly killed the cement industry with his price crash. Now the same cement he once sold at #1000 is back to #2500.

Can we just be smart for once.

Credit : Adepitan Xwizade Bero/ Copied from Facebook.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa by sokera: 1:43pm On Oct 04, 2017
talk2percy:
Dstv, the why is because, this one is a Nigerian thing and for Nigerians. And the ripping off u heartlessly meted out to us for years don do. It means our mumu don do...it's either u guys bring ur full bouquet down to 1k or watch ur company fold. All of us dey throway our dstv decoder for TSTV decoder...lol. Dstv, how u see am?
yes ooooo..... TSTV as come to stay ... jealousy kill DSTV , Bomb fall on DSTV .... Long life the new baby TSTV
Re: DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa by dokiOloye(m): 1:48pm On Oct 04, 2017
So,if I pay U N1600,you go give me 6gig data?
Even with this ya suspicious moniker wey U register today?
Oya,send d data first,make I pay U.
Re: DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa by bigpicture001: 1:50pm On Oct 04, 2017
honestly..if I must say the truth..there is no provision for easy tax holiday for any investment in nigeria whether by domestic or foreign investment. what they have is concessions from tax for any investment that comes on stream and dominate the sector it entered into..its evidence mtn got it cuz of its massive investment and dominance, dangote cement should get it also,..but na na na na..not for tstv.this is called unfair favouritism. same was not done for telecom late comer ; Etisalat..hence it struggled with market share and eventually collapsed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BBNaija: Massive Billboard Erected For Cee-C To Campaign For Her (Photo) / BBNaija: Grace Bent Welcomes Jackie B Back Home Says "You Saved My Name" / BBNaija S6: Sammy, Angel Cuddle In Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.