Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

Why You Are Where You Are And May Remain There Forever - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why You Are Where You Are And May Remain There Forever (581 Views)

Career Advice Needed. Remain In Dubai Or Accept An Employment Offer In Berlin? / I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For / 14 Reasons Why You May Remain Poor In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Are Where You Are And May Remain There Forever by Kazrem(m): 3:28pm On Oct 03, 2017
By Kazeem Abolore

This, like many of my posts, is a spontaneous article. I don’t want to shift its writing to a later day as it may like many others end-up in the shredder.

‘Why you are where you are?’ is the question that popped-up in my mind as I began to read lessons in that great book by George Samuel Clason, The Richest Man in Babylon.

Why you are where you are is because of many factors or reasons. The excuses are many, some are with you and some from others. As a pragmatic and proactive person, I don’t like blaming people, even though they might have contributed negatively to my ventures. I like taking responsibility. Taking the bull by the horn. Here are 5 reasons you are where you and may remain there – forever.

1. You Neither Read Nor Consult People Before Taking Drastic Decisions in Your Life
Many university graduates abandon reading the day they write their last paper not knowing that reading actually should begin then. That is when they ought to take admission into the school of personal development through reading books. If an average university graduate doesn’t read books regularly, what or why should an illiterate read? Worst still, most people believe they know all when taking a decision. Some are even arrogant to ask. If they do not change, they will not only remain where they are but will be there till God knows when.

“It is chiefly through books that we enjoy intercourse with superior minds. In the best books, great men talk us, give us their most precious thoughts, and pour their souls into ours. God be thanked for books.” – William Ellery Channing

2. You Refuse to Take Action on the Books You Read or Advice You Receive
Those who willingly or reluctantly read don’t act on what they read. Reading is not only for fun but also a rare opportunity to see what someone did differently thus we can do same and perhaps achieve what they achieved. You can read the best-selling book written by the best author explaining in simplest terms the secrets of success but if you do not act on them, you will remain where you are. Same it is for not following through with the advice given by an achiever.

3. You Fear You Will Be Different and May Be Called Names
Which high achiever has not been labeled before? I do not know if Jesus was called derogatory names but Muhammed was called a sorcerer, mad man, and other names. Same with other top class achievers. They were called names because they acted against the trend. They were different. A quote says, “I was laughed at because I was different but I laughed at them because they are all the same”. Until you act against the trend, you will remain where you are.

4. You Keep Doing the Same Thing the Same Way
You know what they call such person? Lunatic. He wrote an exam, failed. Retook it and did it the same way he did it. No gainsaying, he will fail. Leave God factor for now. She failed in a business, summoned the courage and started again. This time instead of doing it differently, she religiously followed the same pattern, she will fail. It’s not her village people but herself. Until you do the same thing a different way, you will always land where you landed. Abu ja o si lorun ope is a Yoruba proverb which loosely means there is no shortcut to falling from the palm tree, you end up on the ground.

5. You Keep Giving Excuses Even for the Easiest Action
While writing this, I almost took a break and gave an excuse to write it later but I didn’t. Reason? If I did, I may not write it – forever. It is said that the longer you don’t do what you ought to do, the bigger the chances you will not do it. Now think back those things – starting a business, writing a book, going to the gym – you told yourself you would do but till now haven’t done. Why? Because you keep giving yourself flimsy and irrelevant excuses. Listen, an excuse is the second easiest thing to give after blaming. No wonder it is said that you can give one thousand excuses but there is no good excuse. Tens if not hundreds of people had more than that yet they achieved success.

Abolore Kazeem is an
Amazon #1 Bestselling Author.
Innovative Teacher, Creative Writer, Personal Effectiveness Strategist and the Creator, 30 Days Writing Challenge.

http://www.opinions.ng/may-remain-forever/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

(1) (Reply)

N.D.T Practitioner's In The House / No Alert Yet! / Gender Pay Gap In Nigeria (facts And Myths)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.