Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,980 members, 7,799,338 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? (15409 Views)

Did Isiah Saw Three Gods In One On A Throne? / Is There A Throne At The Right Side Of God's Throne? / Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 08, 2017
Xbee007:

So it is only Muslims you feel can cause problem on Christians thread? Wow shocked
90% of all the tribalists, racists on NL are Christians. Just wait till peeps start coming out of church and watch all the comments on posts that hits FP.

leave me
Re: What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? by Chukazu: 11:40am On Oct 08, 2017
The "Throne of God" is the manifest presence of God
Re: What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? by manuelrukky(m): 11:47am On Oct 08, 2017
mysteryman2014:

If the answer is yes and does sit on the throne then the concept of omnipresence of God is a fallacy. So God as a spirit being is in heaven and observes the universe from that lofty position.

Hypothetically speaking is someone is omnipresent he can sit on a throne as well as be everywhere else at same time...
Re: What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? by Benekruku(m): 11:52am On Oct 08, 2017
Oohrhii:
Yes God does have a throne.

You re a liar!

Where is the throne?
Re: What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? by Benekruku(m): 11:53am On Oct 08, 2017
Chukazu:
The "Throne of God" is the manifest presence of God

undecided undecided undecided
Re: What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? by Immorttal: 11:55am On Oct 08, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:
The Multiverse is still just a speculative hypothesis, though. One, infact, that I consider the worst possible violation of Occam's razor.

I consider your assertion of the earth being an irrelevant part of an insignificant galaxy valid and accurate, nonetheless.
the universe is a civilization, and yes there is a huge possibility multiverse exist and that itself is a civilization too,. The earth, sun and probably the universe was developed by the extraterrestrials, we call them spirits beigns and they are the beigns that are in charge of this platform ( earth & inhabitants) and they created humans,. We are not even humans, we are travelers (conscious beigns)and we came here from very far.
Re: What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 08, 2017
Immorttal:
the universe is a civilization, and yes there is a huge possibility multiverse exist and that itself is a civilization too,. The earth, sun and probably the universe was developed by the extraterrestrials, we call them spirits beigns and they are the beigns that are in charge of this platform ( earth & inhabitants) and they created humans,. We are not even humans, we are travelers (conscious beigns)and we came here from very far.
It's sweet to imagine beautiful things. But what evidence is there for this?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? by grodt999: 11:59am On Oct 08, 2017
You have to exist first before having a throne, mostly Africans believe this rubbish - centuries later they are stil mentally stuck in time.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? by sirfee(m): 12:06pm On Oct 08, 2017
enilove:

They couldn't because God was against them and made their charms to fail to give us light and take us out of the bondage they kept us.

If not for the Europeans, human beings would still have continued to be used for sacrifices by the kings and their herbalists. Even b4 d Europeans , those ancestors had enslaved themselves to the devil.

It was Gods plan to liberate us. But price had to be paid.

God's plan to liberate us? Go back to your history class.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? by femi4: 12:10pm On Oct 08, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
What is the throne of God? Does God literally have a throne? Is the throne of God symbollic of His absolute reign over everything?
Every King has a throne, our God is not an exception

Acts 7:49

'HEAVEN IS MY THRONE, AND EARTH IS THE FOOTSTOOL OF MY FEET; WHAT KIND OF HOUSE WILL YOU BUILD FOR ME?' says the Lord, 'OR WHAT PLACE IS THERE FOR MY REPOSE?
Re: What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? by medexico(m): 12:12pm On Oct 08, 2017
It is not a throne as we we perceive it
Re: What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? by SweetJoystick(m): 12:14pm On Oct 08, 2017
kenonze:
If u study the universe,
Am afraid, there is no God.
The EARTH is just an insignificant part of the Milkyway Galaxy of which there are billions on other galaxies that formed the universe.
Mind u we have many universe that made up the Multi Verse
Re: What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? by Olemabu(m): 12:30pm On Oct 08, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
What is the throne of God? Does God literally have a throne? Is the throne of God symbollic of His absolute reign over everything?

the hear of the believer is the throne of God. that is where Heaven is
Re: What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? by Goldfaze1: 12:30pm On Oct 08, 2017
mysteryman2014:

If the answer is yes and does sit on the throne then the concept of omnipresence of God is a fallacy. So God as a spirit being is in heaven and observes the universe from that lofty position.
that is the mystery of God, the book of psalm said even darkness appeared b4 God as light how about that.
Re: What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? by Smartademu(m): 12:34pm On Oct 08, 2017
senatoradeolaa:
God is above all thrones.
His throne is above all thrones.
Re: What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? by Immorttal: 12:36pm On Oct 08, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:
It's sweet to imagine beautiful things. But what evidence is there for this?
i have some evidences dear. Am irreligious though but i've seen detailed correlations, the proof (65%) is too strong to disregard.
Re: What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 08, 2017
Immorttal:
i have some evidences dear. Am irreligious though but i've seen detailed correlations, the proof (65%) is too strong to disregard.
Share the proof, and how you arrived at it.
Re: What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? by Immorttal: 12:44pm On Oct 08, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:
Share the proof, and how you arrived at it.
sorry dear i won't share it here, but let me give you a tip of the iceberg: research prayers, research NDE's, have a beautiful day.
Re: What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? by awillabo: 12:49pm On Oct 08, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Yes he does.

I tried commenting on a thread about muslim faithful.
I am a Christian but i know allot about d muslim faithful.
Was sad wen i saw wat nairaland put dere b4 i cud comment.
Remove dat from my profile as i am a Christian.

This idea alone will cuz a form of division. Is dere any one stopping muslims from commenting in a Christian thread.
You guys shud have a rethink.
Think of oda ways to promote religious tolerance. Rada dan imposing wuch a rule.

Not cool at all. So u mean i cant comment on a muslim thread because am a Christian.
Remove dat from my profile
We shud promote love not division. What u guys are doing is division.

Cc:
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Seun
Re: What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? by gradeA(m): 12:58pm On Oct 08, 2017
kenonze:
If u study the universe,
The EARTH is just an insignificant part of the Milkyway Galaxy of which there are billions on other galaxies that formed the universe.

Only a fool says there is no God.
Be wise.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? by gradeA(m): 1:01pm On Oct 08, 2017
illitrate:

It is your type that misquote Violence taketh it by force. Christ would never drop this kind of statement.
I am not from the north so keep north out of this.
I am DEMOLA AJAYI grin

And you are a pathetic troll.
Re: What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? by realmindz: 1:09pm On Oct 08, 2017
Yes he has a throne, a golden throne he sits on in the sky where he watches over the whole world with his eyes.

He is up there watching on his throne amd taking notes of everything happening on earth waiting for the judgement day..

Well did I do well speaking like a religious dimwit of cave age

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? by columbus007(m): 1:10pm On Oct 08, 2017
euromilion:
Our heart is the throne of god,God dwells in my heart.

Have you not heard that you are the temple of God,that god dwells in you?
now show me that ur heart where God is sitted in or adonbilivit undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 08, 2017
gradeA:

Only a fool says there is no God.
Be wise.

Science and religion can never agree.
Sorry am an academic

1 Like

Re: What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? by Askng(m): 1:34pm On Oct 08, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

God have a throne where we are called to to come according to Hebrew 4:16 "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."

That throne is a person
The throne of GRACE, so you must understand that the throne belongs to God's grace who is manifested in person of Jesus
Titus 2:11-14 made it more explicit
" For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, note

Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; note

Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works."

God's throne is resident in a person and also there is a literal throne and Jesus is God's approved and anointed means of advancing to God

" Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.

Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows." Psalms 45:6-7

To enjoy access, you must come first to the throne of Grace and Jesus is God's approved path.
John 14:6" Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

Come to the throne now while you may and find Him as saviour because He is also God's throne of judgment. You can come now or risk coming later

The same person on that throne will be the judge when it is all over.

"Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead. " Act 17:31

Come now. Don't delay. Grace is waiting at the throne for all who come
Re: What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? by EverGlorious(m): 1:50pm On Oct 08, 2017
kenonze:
If u study the universe,
So you just somehow know how all those planets, galaxies and universes came to be right? You can explain in detail how all of them came to be from 'nothingness'? And your mind hasn't told you yet that no matter the amount of knowledge we amass on earth nothing would be able to explain the power of God Almighty. Science in it's highest will only scratch the surface but even at that, it hasn't got a clue. Think again
Re: What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? by spy24(m): 1:51pm On Oct 08, 2017
We only use earthly Words to explain heavenly things heaven is a different ball game
Re: What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? by pellummy(m): 1:54pm On Oct 08, 2017
OtemSapien:
Yahweh(Nymphidis) has a throne with his twenty-four elders sitting round him discussing how to do evil to humanity. But thank God at the moment all of them are cast in a spiritual prison for a thousand years. cool

Guy where do you see your own book...Am astonish.... Can you show me the way to get it
Re: What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? by Holar09: 1:55pm On Oct 08, 2017
enilove:
God has a throne and is not symbolic.

Revelation 4:2-6,9-11 KJV
And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne. [3] And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald. [4] And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold. [5] And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God. [6] And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind. [9] And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever, [10] The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying, [11] Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Also in:

Revelation 3:20-21 KJV
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. [21] To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
U said is not symbolic and all your references are from revelation, that is the most symbolic book in the Bible, it's was a vision and most vision is not literal and definitely needs explanation.
Re: What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? by spy24(m): 2:04pm On Oct 08, 2017
kenonze:
If u study the universe,
Brother u have a creator u did not happen by chance
God is a spirit so if scientists think they can see God physiacally for them to believe that there is God then Dem never ready

1 Like

Re: What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? by OtemSapien: 2:05pm On Oct 08, 2017
pellummy:

Guy where do you see your own book...Am astonish.... Can you show me the way to get it
You can go thru it here for now.

https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos
Re: What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? by OtemSapien: 2:08pm On Oct 08, 2017
spy24:

Brother u have a creator u did not happen by chance
God is a spirit so if scientists think they can see God physiacally for them to believe that there is God then Dem never ready

What if God is everything and not just something else different from us like Yahweh or Allah? Well, the actual truth is that GOD the first cause is the summation of you, me, air, water, light....animals, consciousness and everything in existence. God is LOVE

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? / Coronavirus: Catholic Bishops Compose Special Prayer Against Deadly Virus / Oyedepo's Gaffe And Mbaka's Greed By Deji Yesufu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.