Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students (2362 Views)

Ghanaian Complains That Nigerians Are Not Supporting Their Protest. / China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait / Donald Trump Complains As Result Tilt Towards Biden's Favour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students by anonymous6(f): 4:54am On Oct 04, 2017
Black Student Group Complains Ivy League School Is Letting In Too Many African Students

Cornell University’s Black Students United demanded the university start recruiting more black American students because the campus has too many African and Caribbean students Wednesday.

Black Students United, a group for students identifying with the African diaspora, handed the university president a list of twelve demands, with one of them dealing with the disproportionate representation of African students compared to black students on the campus.

“We demand that Cornell Admissions to come up with a plan to actively increase the presence of underrepresented Black students on this campus. We define underrepresented Black students as Black Americans who have several generations (more than two) in this country,” the group stated in their demands, posted by Legal Insurrection.

Black Students United takes issue with the fact that there are more African and Caribbean students on campus when compared to black students. The group defines black students as those who come from black families that have lived in America for two or more generations. While the group said it doesn’t mind the university trying to recruit African students, they want the college to pay more attention to black students whose families have been affected by years of white supremacy.

“The Black student population at Cornell disproportionately represents international or first-generation African or Caribbean students. While these students have a right to flourish at Cornell, there is a lack of investment in Black students whose families were affected directly by the African Holocaust in America. Cornell must work to actively support students whose families have been impacted for generations by white supremacy and American fascism,” the group wrote.

The demands from Black Students United come after a black student alleged that fraternity Psi Upsilon members brutally assaulted him and called him a “n*gger.” The demands also call for the frat to be shut down and give up its house to students of color to gather.
http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/28/black-student-group-complains-ivy-league-school-is-letting-in-too-many-african-students/
Re: Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students by LordIsaac(m): 5:25am On Oct 04, 2017
Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students by Samusu(m): 6:07am On Oct 04, 2017
Are blacks cursed? Is been black a curse?

Wawayyu kawai

2 Likes

Re: Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students by hatchy(f): 6:43am On Oct 04, 2017
I have always said it that the problems with the Blackman is himself. He deliberately and consistently retrogressed himself.

Just imagine blacks discriminating against himself.

Very inferior race indeed!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 04, 2017
imagine, blacks will be complaining against white discrimination in USA ,the same blacks will be so hubris to interact with people in Africa, what an irony. This is why I don't pity them when they start baiting race. All the black artistes in USA will be looking down on black artiste in Nigeria, later them will be complaining that Trump is a racist. Police should keep killing them for all I care. later they will be screaming, white are racists. If you don't like white, then why are you in USA .? come back and join us in Africa and see the suffering over here, so that you will know that the USA you were, was a paradise and you will always be grateful to the white republicans that abolished slavery.ingrate!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students by anonymous6(f): 5:58am On Oct 05, 2017
beamtopola:
imagine, blacks will be complaining against white discrimination in USA ,the same blacks will be so hubris to interact with people in Africa, what an irony. This is why I don't pity them when they start baiting race. All the black artistes in USA will be looking down on black artiste in Nigeria, later them will be complaining that Trump is a racist. Police should keep killing them for all I care. later they will be screaming, white are racists. If you don't like white, then why are you in USA .? come back and join us in Africa and see the suffering over here, so that you will know that the USA you were, was a paradise and you will always be grateful to the white republicans that abolished slavery.ingrate!

yup, so true, I'm Nigerian american born and raised in America, there is racism in America no doubt but some black americans use it as a crutch over and over again while africans just for the most part keep it moving even when we experience it cause African struggle is worse then the struggles in America for sure.

1 Like

Re: Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students by okwabayi(m): 11:23pm On Jun 08, 2018
It's their land. They can demand whatever they want. Now, if only they can stop each other from abandoning education in the hope of becoming the next big rapper or ball player.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students by mysticwarrior(m): 10:32am On Jun 10, 2018
this is a bold face exhibition of black on black prejudice, black Americans should be ashame of themselves, most blacks in America are into crime, sizeable numbers of them are in jail and re-adaptation centers, the ones that are not in jail are so lazy and depend on unemployment benefits. Alot of them are bastards with baby mamas everywhere, most of them are high school dropouts, it is inexcusable to be in a country of opportunity and look for blame for their own misfortune, they envy we Nigerians because we are smatter and more educated than them, they are not adding to the growth of th country they are today and same would have been applied if they are in Africa, and our forefathers noticed this and make seperation by selling their ancestors into slavery, they will always remain descendents of slaves to us, we Africans are they superior Negroes sitting proudly on top of blackness with lofty height, and can traced our ancenstry back to 2000 generations, we still maintain our languages and speak Afrcan languages with so much pride, never feel ashamed or intimidated by anyone. we were able to drive the whites away and built stronger nations without them, CNN may portray Nigeria as being backward and may be to an extent it is but there are certain places you will go to in nigeria and you would feel dissapointed by the negative things you have heard.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students by panafrican(m): 1:06pm On Jun 10, 2018
This is not the first time. There are also African Americans complaining Havard University is letting in too many Africans.
A Black congresswoman Mrs.Kilpatrick ( Democrat from Detroit Michigan ) said in 2008 she prefered Hillary to Obama because Obama' s father was not African Ametican he is man African from Kenya.
Many African - Americans will fight to ptotect a Mexican immigrant rather than an African immigrant in America.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students by sunboy(m): 7:40pm On Jun 11, 2018
No be today I dey talk am. Black Americans are worse racist than the white folks, especially towards we Africans. Those guys are cursed I think. They would get mad simply because you are African. They always complain about the fact that African immigrants are doing better than them. The black man snitching on fellow black man.

Same goes to the South Africans, Ghanaians too. We Nigerians don’t see you guys as a threat to our progress or existence. The war back home with our politician is more than whatever they are bringing to the table.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students by WizAkzy: 12:46am On Jun 12, 2018

1 Like

Re: Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students by Nobody: 12:53am On Jun 12, 2018
WizAkzy:
My brother no be today we know say those Akata people no get sense.

Please don't generalize an entire group of people nor call derogatory names because of how some may feel...
I could say the same thing about Africans (particularly Nigerians)...
Cause spewing hatred towards each other does nothing but cause more strife.
You are black...we are black.
Same color in the white man's eyes.

1 Like

Re: Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students by WizAkzy: 1:17am On Jun 12, 2018
Shame.
Re: Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students by Nobody: 1:34am On Jun 12, 2018
Re: Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students by Timbuktuo: 5:23am On Jun 12, 2018
SMH. Black Americans have a psychological problems for the most part. If this move had been carried out by whites you would never hear the end of cries of racism.
Re: Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students by Timbuktuo: 5:30am On Jun 12, 2018
beamtopola:

I quoted you simply for your last sentence. Africans in Europe and America simpky show their ignorance and ingratitude when they continually refer to slavery as a reason to denigrate the white, fighting that their ancestors were sold as slaves by their very own kin and that that sort of slavery was abolished by the white man. Left to Africans, the slave trade would still continue till date. When they start their silly riots and begin to destroy their own communities I just roll my eyes and shake my head at them.

3 Likes

Re: Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 12, 2018
Timbuktuo:
SMH. Black Americans have a psychological problems for the most part. If this move had been carried out by whites you would never hear the end of cries of racism.

You know what? I just had a moment....
After speaking speaking with someone, I just recognized that I need to "cease and desist"...
You all have a good day.
Re: Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students by anonymous6(f): 1:27am On Jul 31, 2018
okwabayi:
It's their land. They can demand whatever they want. Now, if only they can stop each other from abandoning education in the hope of becoming the next big rapper or ball player.

For the most part it is the men aspiring to be the next Lebron or Jay Z, Not all but many of them
Re: Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students by panafrican(m): 3:17am On Jul 31, 2018
Never let yourself be misled by the skin color , rather check what comes out of people' s mouth and their actions.

1 Like

Re: Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 7:40pm On Aug 12, 2018
Mobilia:

Please don't generalize an entire group of people nor call derogatory names because of how some may feel...
I could say the same thing about Africans (particularly Nigerians)...
Cause spewing hatred towards each other does nothing but cause more strife.
You are black...we are black.
Same color in the white man's eyes.
. You slaves are black we are Africans : Igbo Yoruba Akan Hausa etc . And we couldn’t care less about how your white Massa see us , our ethnic nationalities have been existing for millennia same with our languages and overall cultures . Only people without culture and identity , identify themselves by the colour of their skin .
Re: Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students by panafrican(m): 9:21pm On Aug 12, 2018
Let the brainwashed slaves think they are more secure when Africans don't make it or when African immigrants are kicked out of America.
Let them feel secure among Mexicans , Arabs , Asians etc. The day those they feel secure with start hanging on trees again or gunning them down like deers , with everyone around them cheering the "best shooter" they will get the message. It would be too late though.

1 Like

Re: Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students by jantavanta(m): 8:56am On Aug 13, 2018
There is no basis for unity between Black Americans and Africans for as long as they both deify White Supremacy through the worship of white Gods of mass destruction.

1 Like

Re: Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students by HarryDuce(m): 11:06pm On Aug 13, 2018
Lol... I see a lot of people above making immature generalisations. The same way you condemn this act, is the same way others in America condemn it. Black or white. Don't generalise like morons. Reason like the adults you are undecided

Some nairalanders can be very dense and fool!sh sha. Coming online to claim intelligence.

2 Likes

Re: Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students by vioment: 3:07am On Aug 14, 2018
I don't blame them because if naija and many african countries were like europe or asia, you will see claims and inclusions. Rich man dey get many family; poor man core family sef dey shaky talkless of others.
Re: Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:20am On Aug 20, 2018
anonymous6:

For the most part it is the men aspiring to be the next Lebron or Jay Z, Not all but many of them
the women you to be the next Beyonce or Kim Kardashian or worse LeBron baby mama

4 Likes

Re: Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students by anonymous6(f): 3:37pm On Oct 09, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
the women you to be the next Beyonce or Kim Kardashian or worse LeBron baby mama

well you have a point, Beyonce is worshipped by many african american women, many of them are called beehive. I like some of beyonce's music and etc but I don't worship her or see her as the ultimate person a black women should look up to. Thankfully most african women don't worship her like that cause the cultures are different
Re: Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students by MIKOLOWISKA: 5:30pm On Oct 17, 2018
anonymous6:

well you have a point, Beyonce is worshipped by many african american women, many of them are called beehive. I ike some of beyonce's music and etc but I don't worship her or see her as the ultimate person a black women should look up to. Thankfully most african women don't worship her like that cause the cultures are different
most African men don't worship Jay Z or LeBron cos the cultures are different

1 Like

Re: Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students by Stallion93(m): 6:43am On Oct 18, 2018
sunboy:
No be today I dey talk am. Black Americans are worse racist than the white folks, especially towards we Africans. Those guys are cursed I think. They would get mad simply because you are African. They always complain about the fact that African immigrants are doing better than them. The black man snitching on fellow black man.

Same goes to the South Africans, Ghanaians too. We Nigerians don’t see you guys as a threat to our progress or existence. The war back home with our politician is more than whatever they are bringing to the table.
Blacks are just smth else, our case is outta this world

1 Like

Re: Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students by BlackBaron: 9:53am On Oct 18, 2018
An English man and Croatian may both be Caucasian but they're culturally different. If the school was borne out of Need for 'African Americans, then I see no issues with their complaints.
It'll be another issue if African Americans don't want to go to universities hence Africans taking up admission.

Example would be Nigerians taking up spaces for Seychelles students.

1 Like

Re: Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 18, 2018
Timbuktuo:

I quoted you simply for your last sentence. Africans in Europe and America simpky show their ignorance and ingratitude when they continually refer to slavery as a reason to denigrate the white, fighting that their ancestors were sold as slaves by their very own kin and that that sort of slavery was abolished by the white man. Left to Africans, the slave trade would still continue till date. When they start their silly riots and begin to destroy their own communities I just roll my eyes and shake my head at them.

I understand the hatred they have towards Africans. Slave trade was like oil exporting of today grin

Re: Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students by anonymous6(f): 1:04pm On May 06, 2019
MIKOLOWISKA:

Yea I know
Re: Black Student Group Complains University Is Letting In Too Many African Students by anonymous6(f): 1:05pm On May 06, 2019
MIKOLOWISKA:

yea I know

(1) (2) (Reply)

George Soros Paid Al-Gore Millions To Lie About Global Warming / Dad Wears Embarrassing Outfit To Teach His Daughter A Lesson / TOP 10 AFRICA'S CITIES OF OPPORTUNITY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.