Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,826 members, 7,802,641 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria (14478 Views)

Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... / Avatar And Ben-10 Boys / Daniel Craig Is An Insult To The James Bond Persona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by alias64: 7:14pm On Mar 09, 2010
still for the same reasons i expect
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by maedan(f): 7:14pm On Mar 09, 2010
eddiebomba:

I laugh at everyone who's making a fuss of an issue so petty  cheesy cheesy tongue tongue - and at the hypocrisy you're showing cheesy cheesy cheesy!! You're all just posturing - you wouldn't give a hoot if the General in Avatar had mentioned North Korea or Congo - countries that are just as "failed" as we are. Yet at the mention of Nigeria, you're all up in arms - as if you care about this country!! sad sad It's proof that you're all just desperately trying to cover up your own neglect of this nation. As far as I'm concerned, we don't have any moral right to protest being pilloried and being put in a bad light by obviously more enlightened people! So stop the posturing!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Are you quite done?? "Obviously more enlightened people?" Since when??
Look the impact we make even without really trying. They can't shoot a decent movie without making some passing comment about Nigeria. It must be catching. Why should we care if Congo or North Korea is mentioned? Would they care in our case??
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by tmubee(m): 7:27pm On Mar 09, 2010
Someone should call these fools to order. My reading is he survived hell in Nigeria by that comment. I hear in one other movie, 'District 9', someone said something gratuitous about "the Nigerians doing their scams". While I would like to see 'Avatar' I'm really wondering the way we tolerate these attacks on us. Why don't we do movies mentioning Americans with their 'serial killers, homosexuals, mental cases, obesity and such? But then is it 'Nollywood', the useless copycat that'll run the gauntlet on our behalf?
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by untainted: 7:30pm On Mar 09, 2010
[size=8pt]Quote from: mama-gee
What's the title of the movie?

nellaluv=lol, u're such a dumbas.s.ed creature. geez, talk about stand on your dignity

U r so right nella, this mama-gee character actually depresses me.
How can one be so dumb?
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by NnaNna4(m): 7:33pm On Mar 09, 2010
[/size][size=8pt][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#006600][/color][size=8pt][/size]

guy so una no happy say dey mention una contry name for that kind movie
for me am happy when my man dey speak igbo for x-men revolution
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by obinna5000(m): 7:33pm On Mar 09, 2010
Nn-a-Nn-a:

[/size][size=8pt][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#006600][/color][size=8pt][/size]

guy so una no happy say dey mention una contry name for that kind movie
for me am happy when my man dey speak igbo for x-men revolution

X-Men revolution ke? The title is X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

"Avatar" topics are getting too much on the TV/ Movies section.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-373062.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-400867.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-399025.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-377017.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-403233.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-396561.0.html

Nigeria is a country with a lot of messed up issues and the solution must start from within ourselves.
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by Pataki: 7:50pm On Mar 09, 2010
So what if Nigeria was mentioned? Who cares? The Jos crisis is more than enough to know that Nigeria is a war zone.

Who has read James Patterson's novel: Cross Country?

Maybe you do know and understand the kind of perception, people view Nigeria with.
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 09, 2010
i bet they were trying to say Nigeria in that movie's future was a war zone as someone stated before. they did the same thing in the movie "District 9" Only this time Aliens were living in a quarantened area, with "Nigerian warlords/ thugs". Here's an article about how it offended ALOT of Nigerians.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/09/21/nigeria.film.outcry/index.html
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by tmubee(m): 8:00pm On Mar 09, 2010
I like to read. Better than TV. I should find James Patterson right away.
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by donfade: 8:02pm On Mar 09, 2010
fragile or not should not make a case out of it , reality is always gbrought into play in these cartoons remember lion king recordings where taking from kenya jungle remember LOST  the nigerian  american based actor also featured though our soldiers might be feeble but it is true and no sense in making case out of it
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by tmubee(m): 8:06pm On Mar 09, 2010
@donfade, believe me when I say I believe they were implying that Nigeria was a war zone; we all know that. And believe me when I say our soldiers are NOT feeble. Nuff said.
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by Parnassuss(m): 8:34pm On Mar 09, 2010
We've been "insulted" sure, i guess. But are they baseless and untrue, or are we really angry that they in fact drag up the ugly truth we would rather forget or ignore, even though i despise the typical tactless American poke nosing, i think this kind of comment might have a good side if they can get people infuriated the right way! The movie is not that much in itself.
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by webplay: 9:41pm On Mar 09, 2010
Its been an ungoing thing, and one conclusion u can draw frm it all is this:
Nigeria is great,believe it or not; we are a very important ppl that can not go without mentioning, and since its not in the american culture to praise other ppl except themselves, thats why they keep mentioning us only in negative things,
but its nothing to worry about, we are great and sooner than we know, it'll show, grin
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 09, 2010
I sincerely hope that mentioning this in my resume will get me into MIT
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by obinna5000(m): 9:49pm On Mar 09, 2010
FL Gators:

I sincerely hope mentioning this in my resume will get me into MIT
grin grin grin
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by chijane1(f): 9:52pm On Mar 09, 2010
Lets face reality for once.Our proverb says that ''He who live in a Glass House should not throw stones at others.with all these drama taking place in the last 100 days concerning Nigerian presidency,how wuld we expect the outside world to respect us as a country.''tomorrow when all these drama is over and forgotten,another bluckbuster will emerge in hollywood exposing our past and people will cry murder.if we dont want insult from them tomorow,lets say enough to all these selfish disgrace today. I rest my case.
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by whiteroses(f): 10:11pm On Mar 09, 2010
why are people saying its waste of thread, anytime i hear naija on tv either good or random its an adrenaline rush for me, i love naija man at least they said it grin no programme dares mention zimbabwe or some other but N-I-G-E-R-I-A = COOL
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by shockreaction(m): 10:44pm On Mar 09, 2010
It's fiction, you fools.

Stop whining.
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by ssumpta(f): 11:56pm On Mar 09, 2010
shockreaction:

It's fiction, you fools.

Stop whining.
Leave them. den don chop belle ful.
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by victorazy(m): 2:21am On Mar 10, 2010
pls we're not talking about front page or no front page, we're talking about the way hollywood and usa is using nigeria.
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by victorazy(m): 2:24am On Mar 10, 2010
whiteroses:

why are people saying its waste of thread, anytime i hear naija on tv either good or random its an adrenaline rush for me, i love naija man at least they said it grin no programme dares mention zimbabwe or some other but N-I-G-E-R-I-A = COOL

"GBAM"
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by popoyeh(m): 2:38am On Mar 10, 2010
chi jane:

Lets face reality for once.Our proverb says that ''He who live in a Glass House should not throw stones at others.with all these drama taking place in the last 100 days concerning Nigerian presidency,how wuld we expect the outside world to respect us as a country.''tomorrow when all these drama is over and forgotten,another bluckbuster will emerge in hollywood exposing our past and people will cry murder.if we dont want insult from them tomorow,lets say enough to all these selfish disgrace today. I rest my case.

You have spoken well, I support.
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by Tcrack(m): 6:26am On Mar 10, 2010
i have watch countless number of hollywood films and the question is:how many contries dose hollywood portray in good light? NONE. not even America itself. to them,south america equals DRUGS and kidnap,Africa= porverty and rebels,eastern europe,italy russia are mafia and gruesome murderer,all arabs are terrorists, and so on, it has nothing to do with nigeria.so those of you saying its because nigeria is a failed state,get you head out of your ass.
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by obinna5000(m): 7:13am On Mar 10, 2010
@Tcrack
I agree with you. In almost every foreign movie, arabs are usually portrayed as terrorists and suicide bombers.
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by sayso: 7:38am On Mar 10, 2010
some whites think Nigeria is Africa continent not a country,if in douth ask Sarah Pelin.
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by hannydarl(f): 7:59am On Mar 10, 2010
Idont understand those that want westerners to portray nigeria as a very welcoming place it sounds like
Nigeria is a bowl of shit but dont worry about the shit just focus on the egwusi soup pourd on the shit.
Can you eat that soup without worrying about the shit the soup is poured on?No matter how you try to scrape the soup you will scrape shit with it
Period.And no one wants to eat shit with both eyes open unless there is war and hunger.
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by alias64: 8:21am On Mar 10, 2010

hannydarl (f)
Idont understand those that want westerners to portray nigeria as a very welcoming place it sounds like
Nigeria is a bowl of poo but dont worry about the poo just focus on the egwusi soup pourd on the poo.
Can you eat that soup without worrying about the poo the soup is poured on?No matter how you try to scrape the soup you will scrape poo with it
Period.And no one wants to eat poo with both eyes open unless there is war and hunger.

seems you've got poo in the brain, lol wink

before you com start yab, having something in the brains is just an expression meaning obsession
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by rosyhayler(f): 8:28am On Mar 10, 2010
y r y'all making a national issue outta this, this wouldn't be the first referral to our dear shaking country, and you aint busting all your behinds over those, why give a hoot about this, aint worth it really, really, give it some thought,  if you had a chance to be a part  of  movie itself. u would say those lines without thinking of your Country, Beloved Nigeria Loyalist,
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by alias64: 8:31am On Mar 10, 2010
cant give the west an inch or they take major liberties.
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by adetoru(f): 8:37am On Mar 10, 2010
"[b][/b]He returned from Nigeria with no scratch, but at the first day in this bush, he sustained that vast mark on his face"
I think he meant that Nigeria was a tough war zone and I think Avatar rocks but not as much as 2012
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by alias64: 8:48am On Mar 10, 2010
Ultimately, it is a difficult one because controversy helps market products.
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 10, 2010
AMERICAN STILL "PROUD" OF NIGERIA, I LOVE MY NIGERIA SO, LET THEM SAY WHATEVER SHIT THEY GOTTA SAY, AMERICA IS ALL FULL OF SHIT YET THEY COVER IT UP LIVE A PRESURE COOKING POT.

4K AVATAR 4K THE SCUM DIRECTOR 4K THE LOWASS BITCHES ACTOR AND WHITE ASS MEN AND WEMEN IT IT AND WHO ELSE Bleep YOU @ POSTER.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BBNaija: Teddy A 'Welu' Dance Video / Help The Moderator / Bbtitans: How Viewers Voted For Mmeli, Jenni O, Thabana & Juiovla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.