Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,984 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria (14484 Views)

Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... / Avatar And Ben-10 Boys / Daniel Craig Is An Insult To The James Bond Persona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by Tolulop001(f): 8:58pm On Mar 11, 2010
the problem is that we are too touchy.
it is because we know our country is crap that is why we take offence at everything.
ive watched the movie and it was just a simple reference.
if u dont like it, FIX YOUR COUNTRY!!!!!
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by CGKing(m): 12:03am On Mar 12, 2010
Tolulop001:

the problem is that we are too touchy.
it is because we know our country is crap that is why we take offence at everything.
ive watched the movie and it was just a simple reference.
if u dont like it, FIX YOUR COUNTRY!!!!!

Simple!
You guys havent seen anything yet, go and watch LEVERAGE and you ll b shocked at how bad Nigerias' populairty is. They wanted to pull a scam and involved some Nigerian Government officials. Then all kinds of crap were said. Go and watch it.
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by victorazy(m): 8:05am On Mar 12, 2010
na waoo!!! tu many films, they wan kill us? cant gov. do something about it?
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by homerac7: 8:25am On Mar 12, 2010
na lie? hw abt Jos, bauchi, Kaduna, Yobe, Kano,Maiduguri, Odi, Niger Delta? na oyibo concort those ones too? hw abt Yaradua comin in as thief in the night and all the attendant drama, na oyibo do am? we simply get back what impressions we gave. i no blame them bro , na we need to set our house in order.
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by victorazy(m): 11:26am On Mar 12, 2010
What is the problem over there in Nigeria, are we not ready to change?
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by CGKing(m): 11:03pm On Mar 12, 2010
victorazy:

What is the problem over there in Nigeria, are we not ready to change?

You funny o
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by ifele(m): 1:06am On Mar 13, 2010
God bless Nigeria we must never be divided. One Nigeria 4ever.
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by victorazy(m): 9:00am On Mar 13, 2010
Am in heaven
CGKing:

You funny o
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by mystikal(m): 11:11am On Mar 14, 2010
The things that come up 4 arguements
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by Diva20(f): 2:52pm On Mar 14, 2010
Nigerians were talked about and killed in X-Men: The Origins. Are you gon' make a thread about that too?
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by obinna5000(m): 3:16pm On Mar 14, 2010
Diva 2.0:

Nigerians were talked about and killed in X-Men: The Origins. Are you gon' make a thread about that too?

undecided cheesy grin grin
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by victorazy(m): 5:32pm On Mar 15, 2010
Diva 2.0:

we're not talking about how many film involved this great name Nigeria but the manner its used.
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by lanrei(m): 10:11pm On Mar 15, 2010
Y are u guys shouting about nigerian being mentioned just in talk bt never featured. I consider that sentence made by d general as a pride to our Mighty nigerian militant. I guess u guyz ve nt watched LOST where a whole naija Pastor was killed all becos of a common Polo vaccine, God wat could be worse than dat, Our naija wey parent dey carry pickn run 4 immunizatn come bcome ppl wey dey kill each oda because of vaccine, Wel at least thanks to hollywood for painting naija gold in d movie PHAT GIRLS, at least it shows nigerians ve better things in stock than matchets and charms, lol
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by QueenChoco(f): 2:05am On Mar 16, 2010
I don't think this is relevant to what the discussion is about, but I'm 13 years old and I watch iCarly, in one episode, Carly's date mentions that he likes soccer and then he mentions that a soccer player from nigeria moved in next door. and in the movie, i dont remember the name, but it starred Amanda Bynes ( who I love love love) and it was like a modern twist to the Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. And one of the "seven dwarves" was a Nigerian and I think he had a Igbo name but i couldnt tell, cuz u kno the americans dont pronounce it right( cant blame them ), and he was a very sleepy guy event hough he's been livin there for about 5 years.
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by QueenChoco(f): 2:14am On Mar 16, 2010
lanrei:

Y are u guys shouting about nigerian being mentioned just in talk bt never featured. I consider that sentence made by d general as a pride to our Mighty nigerian militant. I guess u guyz ve nt watched LOST where a whole naija Pastor was killed all becos of a common Polo vaccine, God wat could be worse than dat, Our naija wey parent dey carry pickn run 4 immunizatn come bcome ppl wey dey kill each oda because of vaccine, Wel at least thanks to hollywood for painting naija gold in d movie PHAT GIRLS, at least it shows nigerians ve better things in stock than matchets and charms, lol
I love PHAT GIRLS and you know, in the movie, RAISIN IN THE SUN starring Diddy, one of the female characters was having a relationship with a Nigerian man and they were saying positive things about Naija and in one part she actually wore an Ankara ( i dont kno if i spelled tht right ).
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by Jenna1(f): 4:06am On Mar 16, 2010
This post is kind of ridiculous, considering that the movie district 9 trashed Nigerians alot more than Avatar!! Watch that one and see for yourself. The Nigerian I watched the movie with wasn't offended at Disrict 9. How can you be upset they mentioned existing violence or war in Avatar??
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by Allemate(f): 8:05pm On Mar 16, 2010
Wel,4 al i care dat film is fuckd!
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by tchange: 10:40pm On Mar 16, 2010
Everybody wants to identify with naija.

Havent u heared naija 's gonna b one of the most desirable nations soon?

So guys chiilllaxxx,n let em sell their movie.
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by victorazy(m): 11:32pm On Mar 16, 2010
tchange:

with this sycophants we have in this country?
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by Nobody: 1:06am On Mar 17, 2010
Why does Nigeria like to whine whenever they hear their name mentioned in Hollywood movies? If you feel so pained that they spoil our names in their movies then simply tell our Nolly wood "superstars" to also do movies degrading to the western world. Tit for tat. Stop wasting your energy and stop wasting my time.
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by victorazy(m): 7:38pm On Mar 22, 2010
mmmm go on
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by Princessty(f): 8:17pm On Jul 12, 2010
QueenChoco:

I don't think this is relevant to what the discussion is about, but I'm 13 years old and I watch iCarly, in one episode, Carly's date mentions that he likes soccer and then he mentions that a soccer player from nigeria moved in next door. and in the movie, i dont remember the name, but it starred Amanda Bynes ( who I love love love) and it was like a modern twist to the Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. And one of the "seven dwarves" was a Nigerian and I think he had a Igbo name but i couldnt tell, cuz u kno the americans dont pronounce it right( cant blame them ), and he was a very sleepy guy event hough he's been livin there for about 5 years.

I Saw Dat Movie Its Called Sydney White And Even On D Replacements They metioned Gettting A Banking Deal In Nigeria
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by victorazy(m): 11:42am On Jul 15, 2010
gat to check it out
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by Biture: 4:37pm On Nov 11, 2010
Well, I just read through all of the above comments and I feel like no one really got the point! I am an American who loves and lives in Nigeria (I’ve been here since the 90’s). But maybe my being from the US and my own personal knowledge of resent history my help here. (I ended up here through my Google search just on this topic, as I was wondering what others thought about the Avatar – Nigerian war comment.)

So let me spell it out O-I-L. That’s right, I personal feel that “globalist” have their sights set on Nigeria’s oil. This is why the US and Britain are in the Mideast, it had nothing to do with 9-11. In fact Muslims did not even have anything to do with 9-11. The events were all carried out by the CIA and the Globalist who are trying to set up the New World Order. Just look at this video clip from a US TV show that aired just months before 9-11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rsMG2hHsLo and many more examples can be seen here as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQP-7yYdVyE .

So why would they put something like this in a TV show or movie before the event. For one, some people just love to brag that they know of such in advance. But I feel that the real answer is much darker. It comes from Satanism. You know how some tribes have a hunting dance the night before they go on the real hunt, the dance was to give them luck or favor with their gods (who is the devil). This is why the rich and powerful brag and act out their events before they do them. Just look up the Bohemian Grove on YouTube or Google
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_PAqT2JZOw this is where the world elite go to worship Satan.

I also found it interesting that no one wrote of the war seen in the movie Repo Men. “In a newscast near the beginning of Repo Men, an anchor informs her viewers about an ongoing conflict in Nigeria” (US marines fighting in Nigeria), so we find such openly talked about right before our eyes. Seeing yet never perceiving…

If you would really like to know about what’s really going on in the world The Alex Jones podcast http://www.infowars.com/listen.html would be a great place to start! Other than that know that the Bible speaks of the coming of a One World Government – well, it is already starting. Are you ready?

O how I do pray that eyes will be opened before it’s too late!
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by Kmaster2010(m): 9:40pm On Oct 21, 2011
I dont blame dem sha
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by tpia01: 10:32pm On Dec 28, 2014
AzukaO:

Imagine an army with bows and arrows destroying jet fighters and so on.

that part was rather confusing.
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by tpia01: 10:33pm On Dec 28, 2014
tchange:

who said that @ bolded.
Re: Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria by tck2000(m): 2:12pm On Jun 08, 2019
PureInsult

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bbtitans: How Viewers Voted For Mmeli, Jenni O, Thabana & Juiovla / The Revival Of Igbo Movies: Some Actors To Watch Out For! / AIT Returns After Court Nullifies NBC’s Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.