Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,040 members, 7,799,525 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? (1680 Views)

David Umahi: I Also Belong To APC / Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? / Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? by Tallino25(m): 9:40am On Oct 04, 2017
A MESSAGE TO ALL ONE NIGERIAISTS AND IGBO AGITATORS
This my message to all people preaching one nigeria i am an igbo guy but not an ipob member neither am i a preacher of one nigeria am a neutralist who wants things done the right way for the betterment of everyone ..but i have come to figure out something about igbos and nigeria, the igbos want to seperate because they feel marginalized but still people feel they should be with nigeria so in my curiousity i ask this question to those preaching 1 nigeria with 2 reasons why should the igbos be with nigeria?and to the agitators, seperating from nigeria does it assures us of our betterment and development as igbos? If you can give a response to this from any side or point of view that would be great because i need to know
Re: Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? by Bibors(m): 9:49am On Oct 04, 2017
Igbos have no reason being a part of Nigeria as in this Nigeria.
Igbos will gladly be in Nigeria as immigrants abiding by Nigerian laws.
Igbos will gladly do business in Nigeria according to Nigerian laws.
Igbos will gladly apply for citizenship if they wish according to Nigerian Laws but Ignore have no business being part of a one Nigeria that is actually a Caliphate Nigeria.
Igbos will do better in their own country as per human development, in areas of Education, technological advancements, health, housing, infrastructural development, manufacturing etc.
Ignore will still be migrants in different countries doing business.
That's who we are.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? by magoo10(m): 9:50am On Oct 04, 2017
cool
Re: Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? by MayhorE(m): 10:01am On Oct 04, 2017
Bibors:
Igbos will gladly apply for citizenship if they wish according to Nigerian Laws but Ignore have no business being part of a one Nigeria that is actually a Caliphate Nigeria.
Igbos will do better in their own country as per human development, in areas of Education, technological advancements, health, housing, infrastructural development, manufacturing etc.
That's who we are.

Personal opinion
Re: Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? by Bibors(m): 10:06am On Oct 04, 2017
MayhorE:

Personal opinion

Is there any known opinion that is not personal?

6 Likes

Re: Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? by MayhorE(m): 10:32am On Oct 04, 2017
Bibors:

Is there any known opinion that is not personal?
public opinion

2 Likes

Re: Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? by orisa37: 10:38am On Oct 04, 2017
Igbos are "Equi-Owners" of Nigeria!!!
Re: Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? by bakynes(m): 10:39am On Oct 04, 2017
OP you have spoken well but I just don't like to hear of Igbo marginalization, it annoys me because that is a false claim by majority of Igbos. U can't always have it all in each govt. In the last govt, Igbos were everywhere in govt and now that you aren't having so much positions in govt take it like that and restrategize for the coming elections and know who to pitch your tent with.

If it's because of the so called marginalization, the igbos want to leave Nigeria, well seccesion is a fundamental right of a people go about it through the right channels and if the Nigerian state refuse then, the whole world can now be sympathetic to the cause.
Re: Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? by laura8: 11:12am On Oct 04, 2017
because Igbo's are wonderful people
intelligent,energetic, and their business acumen is like no other
...I believe we are all equal shareholders of Nigeria and breaking away will create more harm than good
I know our leaders are insane and greedy and selfish..that's why we youths must make Nigeria work for us politically, economically, socially etc,we shouldn't live decisions for old greedy people who are power drunk and want to maintain the statuesque. 2019 is by the corner,it shouldn't be about party and bloody politics,it should be about moving forward, in fact I feel it should be about changing generations in politics, as this will bring about a new set of leaders who are able to tackle the problems we face as youths in this country.I am not saying all the youth are going to flow with the change..but we must start from somewhere.. (my personal opinion)
finally
...my best friends are Igbos..we grew up together,our lives our intertwined.. I can't imagine a life without them.
Re: Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? by KevinDein: 11:21am On Oct 04, 2017
Bibors:
That's who we are.
Blablablabla

All I read here is a person who wants to eat his cake and have it. You want to stay in Nigeria as immigrants, you want to apply for citizenship, you are literally saying you don't want to leave Nigeria, but you don't want to be part of Nigeria. Confused much undecided

Listen, when you get your biafra, you'll all have to return back and apply for visa or papers before being allowed into Nigeria. We'll probably consider 200 of you. grin
Re: Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? by God2man(m): 11:41am On Oct 04, 2017
I am earnestly waiting for an intelligent answer to this particular question by the op from any IPOB.
Re: Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 04, 2017
no one is saying ibos should stay in Nigeria. however, their leaders think they are better of in Nigeria.

if their leaders think otherwise, let them speak out and call for referendum. Ekweremadu should lead the call for referendum and their big shots and Governors should endorse it.

ipob is not a legitimate group recognized by the government or constitution. You don't expect the government to grant the wish of every frustrated mad man. follow the examples of Catalonia, Scotland and Kurds. Study how they achieved referendum and how long it took them to attain it.

You just don't shout referendum and the government kowtow to you in any part of the world.
Re: Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? by Hofbrauhaus(m): 11:58am On Oct 04, 2017
God2man:
I am earnestly waiting for an intelligent answer to this particular question by the op from any IPOB.

Can a man on the ground further fall? I've gained nothing from Nigeria, absolutely Nothing.
I provide my own job.
I provide my own electricity.
I provide my own security.

...and yet, I'm a terrorist. Why should I continue here?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? by gidgiddy: 12:01pm On Oct 04, 2017
schoolboij:
no one is saying ibos should stay in Nigeria. however, their leaders think they are better of in Nigeria.

if their leaders think otherwise, let them speak out and call for referendum. Ekweremadu should lead the call for referendum and their big shots and Governors should endorse it.

ipob is not a legitimate group recognized by the government or constitution. You don't expect the government to grant the wish of every frustrated mad man. follow the examples of Catalonia, Scotland and Kurds. Study how they achieved referendum and how long it took them to attain it.

You just don't shout referendum and the government kowtow to you in any part of the world.

I disagree. The leaders cannot be greater than the people the lead. If the majority of Igbos decide they do not want to be part of Nigeria, the leaders have no right to say otherwise.

I believe that it is the exclusive right of Igbos to decide if they want to be part of Nigeria.

IPOB does not have to be a legitimate group or be recgnised by government, they are a pressure group seeking referendum.

Unlike Spain and the UK, Nigeria does not practice regionalism and has no autonomous Regions.

Therefore, IPOB cannot be a political force that can get referendum regionally like Scotland or Catalonia got.

1 Like

Re: Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 04, 2017
gidgiddy:

I disagree. The leaders cannot be greater than the people the lead. If the majority of Igbos decide they do not want to be part of Nigeria, the leaders have no right to say otherwise.

I believe that it is the exclusive right of Igbos to decide if they want to be part of Nigeria.

IPOB does not have to be a legitimate group or be recgnised by government, they are a pressure group seeking referendum.

Unlike Spain and the UK, Nigeria does not practice regionalism and has no autonomous Regions.

Therefore, IPOB cannot be a political force that can get referendum regionally like Scotland or Catalonia got.

Then the majority must vote in their leaders to represent them. You can't vote in your leaders then turn around to claim they don't represent you.

1 Like

Re: Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 04, 2017
KevinDein:

Blablablabla

All I read here is a person who wants to eat his cake and have it. You want to stay in Nigeria as immigrants, you want to apply for citizenship, you are literally saying you don't want to leave Nigeria, but you don't want to be part of Nigeria. Confused much undecided

Listen, when you get your biafra, you'll all have to return back and apply for visa or papers before being allowed into Nigeria. We'll probably consider 200 of you. grin
As a condition for granting visa to a Biafran, he will have to establish a business that employs at least 10 people. No visa for any 2 by 2 shop owner and gala seller grin

1 Like

Re: Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? by Bibors(m): 1:59pm On Oct 04, 2017
KevinDein:

Blablablabla

A mumu will always be a mumu.
So you don't know what is international relations. So you don't know that Igbos are in every country of the world and that they own investments and properties everywhere.
We don't want your neo colonialism anymore and it's not a crime.
Your Fulani estate can belong to you and we can do trade together. What we reject is foolishly trying to dominate a people that can never live in subjugation.
Get it into your dumb skull. Ask yourself why you don't want the people of Biafra to go- It's simple your fathers are lazy and have transferred it to you. You want to keep a people and milk them forever-Only in your imagination.
Re: Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? by Bibors(m): 2:03pm On Oct 04, 2017
GoroTango:
As a condition for granting visa to a Biafran, he will have to establish a business that employs at least 10 people. No visa for any 2 by 2 shop owner and gala seller grin

Atleast you have agreed that you can't create employment in your country where nothing works.
Don't worry we will come and establish businesses that will employ even more that a hundred people.
When we produce the gala, your relatives can now market it in a 2 by 2 shop because we would have advanced beyond that.
Re: Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? by Bibors(m): 2:04pm On Oct 04, 2017
MayhorE:
public opinion

And who is the public?
Re: Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? by KevinDein: 2:11pm On Oct 04, 2017
Bibors:

So you don't know what is international relations. So you don't know that Igbos are in every country of the world and that they own investments and properties everywhere.
Your Fulani estate can belong to you and we can do trade together. What we reject is foolishly trying to dominate a people that can never live in subjugation.
Get it into your dumb skull. Ask yourself why you don't want the people of Biafra to go- It's simple your fathers are lazy and have transferred it to you. You want to keep a people and milk them forever-Only in your imagination.
LMAO

So you want to establish international relations with the same people you hate so much, whom you often referred to as animals; and you also harbor the intentions to remain in the zoo even after getting your country grin

That's why I don't take you guys serious; one minute you are telling the whole world how you can't continue to share the same country with others whom you tag backward, barbaric, archaic, literally any negative adjective that comes to your mind, the next minute you are citing international laws that would allow you continue to live with this same people

You guys are as confused as they come. grin
Re: Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? by Bibors(m): 2:13pm On Oct 04, 2017
bakynes:
OP you have spoken well but I just don't like to hear of Igbo marginalization, it annoys me because that is a false claim by majority of Igbos. U can't always have it all in each govt. In the last govt, Igbos were everywhere in govt and now that you aren't having so much positions in govt take it like that and restrategize for the coming elections and know who to pitch your tent with.

If it's because of the so called marginalization, the igbos want to leave Nigeria, well seccesion is a fundamental right of a people go about it through the right channels and if the Nigerian state refuse then, the whole world can now be sympathetic to the cause.

There is a great difference between secession and self determination. The Igbos are not seceding, we are moving for independence. Please there is great difference.
Marginalisation is not the only reason.
The main reason is that we cannot advance under Nigeria. Since Nigeria is not ready to advance then we have to be on our own and advance as a 21st century country.
A country that deliberately underfunds SEDI and PRODA and every research and technological institution is not a country we want to belong to.
A country where the south is heavily taxed to develop the North is not a country.
A country where the south generate all the income and yet have no infrastructure while the North contributes nothing and feeds fat is a parasitic country.
A country where young intellectuals produce prototypes and the press show it and the government speaks grammar and it ends there is not a country one can be proud of.
Re: Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? by Bibors(m): 2:21pm On Oct 04, 2017
laura8:
because Igbo's are wonderful people
intelligent,energetic, and their business acumen is like no other
...I believe we are all equal shareholders of Nigeria and breaking away will create more harm than good
I know our leaders are insane and greedy and selfish..that's why we youths must make Nigeria work for us politically, economically, socially etc,we shouldn't live decisions for old greedy people who are power drunk and want to maintain the statuesque. 2019 is by the corner,it shouldn't be about party and bloody politics,it should be about moving forward, in fact I feel it should be about changing generations in politics, as this will bring about a new set of leaders who are able to tackle the problems we face as youths in this country.I am not saying all the youth are going to flow with the change..but we must start from somewhere.. (my personal opinion)
finally
...my best friends are Igbos..we grew up together,our lives our intertwined.. I can't imagine a life without them.

You can never have good leadership in a country like Nigeria no matter how hard you try.
If Sokoto which had 20 local governments like Lagos in 1976 have given birth to 3 other states with about 88 local governments and Lagos still has the same number of LGAs. Do you know the imbalance it strikes in the Senate and House of representatives?
You can never bring in bills that will work except the Caliphate says Aye.
Wake up and be wise.
What revenue does the 3 states plus Sokoto contribute to our GDP to be fed large on the revenue generated in a region that they leave polluted after plundering and when you point it to them, they roll tanks to your door step.

Go to them and they will tell you " we will make you like we made Orji Uzo Kalu and Okorocha"
They will ensure your slavery is forever.
Re: Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? by Bibors(m): 2:28pm On Oct 04, 2017
schoolboij:

The environment, culture and terrain is different.
In Nigeria, the Hausa Fulani Oligarchy through its military heads of state prepared ahead of time to ensure that they split the states in the North and LGAs to get numbers in the Legislature should the country return to civil rule. They also ensured the wrote a fraudulent constitution which will not allow for referendum or whatever sounds like it.
There is nothing anyone like Ekeremadu can do legitimately as no law supports it.
The decisions of all the conferences can never see the light of the day if it doesn't pass through the National Assembly which has the North in majority to vote against it.

1 Like

Re: Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 04, 2017
Bibors:

Bros if we say we want no relations with Biafra, there will be none. Also every country reserves the right to determine who gets to enter its territory. If you dare cross our border illegally, we will Hall you. Remain in your Biafra
Re: Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? by Bibors(m): 2:32pm On Oct 04, 2017
schoolboij:

Then the majority must vote in their leaders to represent them. You can't vote in your leaders then turn around to claim they don't represent you.

Elections are grave fraud here. No one votes for them. They just anoint another and that's all that happens here.
If Nigeria has a good electoral process, then we can vote.
Re: Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? by Bibors(m): 2:37pm On Oct 04, 2017
KevinDein:

LMAO

So you want to establish international relations with the same people you hate so much, whom you often referred to as animals; and you also harbor the intentions to remain in the zoo even after getting your country grin

That's why I don't take you guys serious; one minute you are telling the whole world how you can't continue to share the same country with others whom you tag backward, barbaric, archaic, literally any negative adjective that comes to your mind, the next minute you are citing international laws that would allow you continue to live with this same people

You guys are as confused as they come. grin

Get wiser, Every country that divided still has relationship. Singapore still has relationship with Malaysia.
When Nigerian had independence from Britain, it didn't stop us from travelling there or trading with them.

1 Like

Re: Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? by Bibors(m): 2:40pm On Oct 04, 2017
GoroTango:
Bros if we say we want no relations with Biafra, there will be none. Also every country reserves the right to determine who gets to enter its territory. If you dare cross our border illegally, we will Hall you. Remain in your Biafra

Time will tell who will need the other.
We are just offering you a hand of fellowship and nothing more. We can place sanctions on you if we so wish
Re: Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 04, 2017
Bibors:

Time will tell who will need the other.
We are just offering you a hand of fellowship and nothing more. We can place sanctions on you if we so wish
Fellowship? You gotta be kidding me. Fellowship with age zoo? Bros carry your fellowship put for one side
Re: Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? by God2man(m): 3:21pm On Oct 04, 2017
Ndewooonuu. It will still take like 5yrs or more even if Biafra is actualize before you can really stand on your own, and there is no way Biafra can be great without Nigeria or any other Countries so to say to influence your development.

Biafrans should put on their thinking cap and recognise the greediness, selfishness, pride hatred of their fellow human beings before embarking on the journey of freedom.

It is one thing for you to get independence it is another thing to manage your resources.

Getting to the peak of your carrier is not the problem but having the prerequisite to stay there and manage the success.

There are so many Biafrans scattered all over Nigeria, after biafra so many will be displaced it will affect the economy of not only Nigeria but all other countries that have international relations with Nigeria. There will be more panic movements from North to South, the West to East, South to North. East to North and so on.

The after effect is unimaginable.

The issue of intertribal marriage is another thing they should consider. I say authoritatively that this is a big hindrance to the actualization of biafra. The truth is we are family.

This Biafra my people have been agitating for should be critically examined.

There will be serious problems after biafra if eventually achieved.

United we stand divided will fall. One Nigeria.

Let us tolerate one another.

Biafrans should first of all hold their current political leaders accountable. Are they honest? Are they greedy?
Will they be able to manage their resources?

Lastly you cannot pull down others for you to rise up, if you really want to go, do not fill Nigeria with gravels.

God bless my people.
Re: Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 04, 2017
Bibors:

The environment, culture and terrain is different.
In Nigeria, the Hausa Fulani Oligarchy through its military heads of state prepared ahead of time to ensure that they split the states in the North and LGAs to get numbers in the Legislature should the country return to civil rule. They also ensured the wrote a fraudulent constitution which will not allow for referendum or whatever sounds like it.
There is nothing anyone like Ekeremadu can do legitimately as no law supports it.
The decisions of all the conferences can never see the light of the day if it doesn't pass through the National Assembly which has the North in majority to vote against it.

He has to try. Then he has to lobby, first, the south south, then south west and middle belt. when you get the support of these geopolitical zones, then the core north can go to hell.

Don't rely on the assumption that the north will not allow referendum. the British did not give us independence the day the motion was moved in the house. It will take years to lobby and win the debate. the Scottish referendum didn't happen in a day, ditto the Catalonia referendum. it took them over 100 years. its not what you can achieve in a year.

Start by voting people who openly support Biafra. At the height of Kanu's Ipob, he should have sponsored a candidate and I'm sure with the numbers he had, he would have won. forget INEC, elections can only be rigged where there is favorable ground. with millions of Ipob youth on election day, no one would care to rig.

You guys are looking for a short cut, it will take years. start from electing Biafra sympathizers in the state house of assembly, house of Reps and Governor.
Re: Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 04, 2017
Bibors:

Elections are grave fraud here. No one votes for them. They just anoint another and that's all that happens here.
If Nigeria has a good electoral process, then we can vote.

Read my comment above.
Re: Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? by kingschidozie(m): 3:36pm On Oct 04, 2017
Beggers of unity will invade here

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

El-rufai Replies Ben Bruce For Asking Buhari To Thank Jonathan Over Train Ride / SMART Governor : New Face Of Old Lagos Asaba Road Agbor Done By Okowa / Nigerian Man Identifies One Of The Offa Robbers Who Was A Policeman (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.