Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

Is Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (mfm) Out To Destroy Families? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (mfm) Out To Destroy Families? (11653 Views)

Pastor Emma Of Mountain Of Prayers, Sapele Has His Properties Destroyed / How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? / Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (mfm) Out To Destroy Families? by dudubobo1: 8:49am On Mar 08, 2010
My friends have told me in the past about Mountain of Fire as a church which doesn't care about families, and will do anything including breaking up families to get some memebers to their church. My ousin told me how he had to embarrass one of their congregations in Ikorodu by going there during service to confront the pastor about his (my cousin's) wife attending the church without her husband and children. Dont these pastors care about what is happening to families as long as they can get an extra member coming to contribute to the purse and swelling their membership numbers?

I have had a disagreement with my wife for some days now. She knows what she did wrong and an elder has already told her but rather than apologize, she has started attending Mountain of Fire. I am amazed that the pastor there who knows me quite well does not deem it fit to ask her about her family and why she should be worshipping without her family. She would rather get home and pray and sing all the church choruses on earth.

I dont understand why MFM does not teach members how to live life rather than telling them that everything is about prayers. If something goes wrong, they dont acknowledge their part in it. They prefer to just pray and fast instead of making corrections where corrections are required. I look at most of them and there are too many of them who appear not to understand what they are doing. The bible says that "My people perish for a lack of THE knowledge".

My intention is not to castigate the church but it really baffles me that I have heard it from a few people and it is happening to me as well. If it was my old self, I would already have found myself a younger girl on the side. Is this what the so-called church wants to encourage?
Re: Is Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (mfm) Out To Destroy Families? by InesQor(m): 9:54am On Mar 08, 2010
Mr dud-bobo: There's no need singling MFM out, because you have described in your write-up is not exclusive to MFM.
Re: Is Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (mfm) Out To Destroy Families? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:57am On Mar 08, 2010
InesQor:

Mr dud-bobo: There's no need singling MFM out, because you have described in your write-up is not exclusive to MFM.

The guy is just new to this (reformed) Christianity thing.
Re: Is Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (mfm) Out To Destroy Families? by InesQor(m): 10:04am On Mar 08, 2010
@lagerwhenindoubt: I have never been to MFM, but what I was trying to say is that MFM is not out to destroy families, any less than any other Christian gathering is out to destroy families. There are wolves in sheep's clothing in almost every denomination. Using your experience to describe what goes on globally is just plain wrong.
Re: Is Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (mfm) Out To Destroy Families? by InesQor(m): 10:13am On Mar 08, 2010
Is this not the same dudu-bobo that said

It's very easy for us to sit and point out whatever we think we dont like about Deeper Life, or indeed any other church. However, nothing human has any perfection to it and we'll always have flaws.

I like Deeper Life though I have never been a member but I respect their discipline and the fact that they tend not to veer into worldly issues. There are very few churches where you are not likely to find man's blatant addition to God's word. Deeper Life seems to stand out in this respect in Nigeria.
on this thread

and said
Gamine, I think the way it was presented to you is wrong. The Redeemed vision cannot be about franchising. Maybe things seem to be so to some of us but it might not necessarily be that way.

What I believe is that they actually ordain their own pastors for the different parishes. The pastor may not necessarily be someone we regard as qualified to pastor a church but then, who are we to judge such things?
on this thread

which makes it clear that at a point in time, he actually understood that the pastor does not define the church?
Re: Is Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (mfm) Out To Destroy Families? by dudubobo1: 1:09pm On Mar 09, 2010
My point is not about the pastor or whoever. I am thinking in terms of the principle or motivation behind the church. I am unable to fathom why a pastor will be happy for any woman to attend his church and leave her family to attend another church. Does that seem to be in line with biblical injunctions? It is beacuse it seems to be a recurring pattern that I am making the link with the church as a whole.

Or perhaps, I am beginning to see some things differently because I am now personally affected and I understand what it means?
Re: Is Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (mfm) Out To Destroy Families? by RESCUER: 1:19pm On Mar 09, 2010
dudu-bobo:

My friends have told me in the past about Mountain of Fire as a church which doesn't care about families.

I think u are thinking wrongly about MFM and it seems u re acting on what u ve been foretold about MFM.
Beside do u know the advise the Pastor might av lend ur wife as touching the issue?
Better still don't close ur eys to the set of the HEARER OF THE WORD AND NEVER THE DOER. sad
Re: Is Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (mfm) Out To Destroy Families? by dudubobo1: 6:53pm On Mar 09, 2010
RESCUER:

I think u are thinking wrongly about MFM and it seems u re acting on what u ve been foretold about MFM.
Beside do u know the advise the Pastor might av lend your wife as touching the issue?
Better still don't close your eys to the set of the HEARER OF THE WORD AND NEVER THE DOER. sad

I am not sure what the pastor may have said to my wife but she doesn't seem to have been discouraged by the pastor, presumably on account of increased membership?
Re: Is Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (mfm) Out To Destroy Families? by aideewhite: 7:13pm On Mar 09, 2010
dudu-bobo:

I am not sure what the pastor may have said to my wife but she doesn't seem to have been discouraged by the pastor, presumably on account of increased membership?

@poster: This has got nothing to do with any church or denomination. She might as well have gone to a soothsayer without your consent for all you know. Go and put your house in order, period! Stop the whining.
Re: Is Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (mfm) Out To Destroy Families? by dudubobo1: 8:37am On Mar 10, 2010
aideewhite:

@poster: This has got nothing to do with any church or denomination. She might as well have gone to a soothsayer without your consent for all you know. Go and put your house in order, period! Stop the whining.

Perhaps I expected too much in expecting a decent level of intelligence to be displayed in posts here.

I did not ask you for advice and I am not whining but making an observation about the church. If you dont read to understand, you can ask questions before making disparaging remarks. I did not ask you before I married my wife and I am definitely not going to ask you how to handle my family affairs.

she might have gone anywhere but she has gone to MFM just as my cousin's wife did in the past and my friends have said same about the church. Is it too much to ask about the church or to make a comment if I feel that I have noticed a trend?
Re: Is Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (mfm) Out To Destroy Families? by JustGood(m): 11:46am On Mar 12, 2010
One thing I believe about that church is that there is not teaching of the bible. Everytime I have listened to any of their pastors, they only ever teach their congregation to pray about problems coming from different sources, except themselves.

No inward examination. Everything is blamed on the enemy eaither within their families or outside their families; failing which they blame the devil. If someone fails an exam for inadequate preparation, they will find other reasons for the failure, such as the devil or generational curses and all that.

They are probably doing more harm to the congregation than the devil is able to do.

1 Like

Re: Is Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (mfm) Out To Destroy Families? by olud64: 3:29pm On Mar 12, 2010
aideewhite got it right!!

This is not about MFM or any church or christianity for that mattaer. It is about the poster not being able to maintain peace in his home, what you, @poster , need is not nairaland, what you need is a marraige counsellor!
Re: Is Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (mfm) Out To Destroy Families? by SuperT(m): 10:16am On Apr 17, 2010
@ JustGood,
Is not that MFM did not teaching the Bible. Everything that happen there is reason for it. eg someone that have exam must know that he need to prepared. And if now fail to do that there something wrong some were that needs to address, there is always time for concelling for proper examination of the situation at hand.
Re: Is Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (mfm) Out To Destroy Families? by ayo1969: 1:59pm On Aug 02, 2013
Go and mend fences with your wife, be humble enough to beg her if you have offended her, if she offended you let her see reasons like a man, draw your wife closer to your family with love. When a toad misses its way to the stream, it messes up everything. If you can hold your home, no outside organisation can come in between you. Something is wrong in that relationship. The first natural law is survival and preservation. When a woman feels threatened at home, they can go to any length for refuge. Thank your God that she did not go to satanically fetish places. Use the power of genuine love to bring her back. About the church, always be careful to make hasty generalisation. MFM is a gift to Africa and the whole world, one of the missions statements is to make every one including families to move from kingdom of darkness to that of light in Christ. If you have any issue with a minister of a local branch, move further to higher authority for clarification. I know you have a genuine intention but why are taking your matrimonial affair to a public court first.

3 Likes

Re: Is Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (mfm) Out To Destroy Families? by PastorOluT(m): 2:19pm On Aug 02, 2013
InesQor: Mr dud-bobo: There's no need singling MFM out, because you have described in your write-up is not exclusive to MFM.

Rightly said, it is to all religious fanatics
Re: Is Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (mfm) Out To Destroy Families? by Gben02(m): 7:15pm On Sep 07, 2013
Why cant u go the pastor to explain to d pastor instead of u blasphemise the church.even are u nt enough to put ur home to order without the church intervention.afterall it is not the church that marry her for you.
Re: Is Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (mfm) Out To Destroy Families? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 07, 2013
Paul The Apostle is responsible for all the problems churches are causing today. Jesus did not start any church congregation because he knew that the heart of man is desperately wicked.

My advice for people fed up with the problems churches are coursing in their homes is to pray MFM prayers at home and on Sunday they should find a Baptist church where to worship.
Re: Is Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (mfm) Out To Destroy Families? by nora544: 7:53pm On Sep 07, 2013
I see a documentation about this church and this is also a fake church they all thake money and the leader of this churches will have the best life and also there miracles are fake.
One girl she shows a miracles in the church is a worker for the church.
It is on youtube and it is from a nigerian who is a journalist and the leader told his followers that jeasus was a rich man.

search for the name of Olumide Goodness Adeyinka he write about churches in nigeria, he is a pastor in america and he is a nigerian and what he write it is very very good and he tell the truth.
Re: Is Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (mfm) Out To Destroy Families? by kpolli(m): 9:11pm On Sep 07, 2013
Still looking for the poster's point... So they should reject a member because she didn't come with her family abi?? A lot of ppl go there temporarily to solve an issue and move on; so they should insist those ones bring their whole family... Lemme guess you're a Coza member trying to drag attention away from your church, accept ur problems and shut up

2 Likes

Re: Is Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (mfm) Out To Destroy Families? by Maybach4: 8:11pm On Sep 10, 2013
I dnt think any of u r in the right position to discriminate MFM...after all u hve never attended the church,yet u make nasty and ridiculous comments..as fr the poster find out wat drew yr wife to the church in the first place...nd those who say they do nt preach wats in bible make sure u hve read yr bible...nd i dnt see anythin wrong in their messages...most people hate the church because their pet sin r mention...i there endevour pple to research nt relyin on wat people say before makin such comments
Re: Is Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (mfm) Out To Destroy Families? by Maybach4: 8:13pm On Sep 10, 2013
I dnt think any of u r in the right position to discriminate MFM...after all u hve never attended the church,yet u make nasty and ridiculous comments..as fr the poster find out wat drew yr wife to the church in the first place...nd those who say they do nt preach wats in bible make sure u hve read yr bible...nd i dnt see anythin wrong in their messages...most people hate the church because their pet sins r mentioned...i therefore endevour pple to research nt relyin on wat people say before makin such comments

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Household Enemies, Wickedness And Witchcraft / First Seven (7) Best Nigerian Men Of God Starting 4rm D Best. / The Apostolic Church Nigeria Releases 2016 Motto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.