Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,328 members, 7,808,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion (13010 Views)

Dangerous Attitudes Amongst Nigerian Churches In The Diaspora / How Nigerian Churches Are Taking Advantage Of Technology To Make Global Impact / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion by Samsimple(m): 7:17pm On Oct 04, 2017
Just an opinion, pls no insults abeg

Re: Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion by Robinscrusoe(m): 7:19pm On Oct 04, 2017
To de owner of this post

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 04, 2017
Beggars, agbero, bus drivers and conductors need to be taxed to abi

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion by hopefulLandlord: 7:22pm On Oct 04, 2017
Dreamwaker:
Beggars, agbero, bus drivers and conductors need to be taxed to abi

who told you they're not being taxed?

even if they aren't, this is a question about churches and mosques

15 Likes

Re: Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion by Fleewpeed: 7:28pm On Oct 04, 2017
Why will a non-profit organisation pay tax

17 Likes

Re: Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Are you one of them that's being taxed?

3 Likes

Re: Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion by Samsimple(m): 7:31pm On Oct 04, 2017
Fleewpeed:
hahaha non profit is this a joke or what

82 Likes

Re: Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion by Samsimple(m): 7:32pm On Oct 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

i wonder ooohh
Re: Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion by hopefulLandlord: 7:33pm On Oct 04, 2017
Fleewpeed:

cuz they're making profit? undecided

30 Likes

Re: Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion by felixomor: 7:36pm On Oct 04, 2017
The people donating money to church have already payed tax.
You cant tax contribution of tax payers who have already payed tax.

Try to reason it properly. Ok

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion by Fleewpeed: 7:37pm On Oct 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

cuz they're making profit? undecided
so u are calling tithes and offering profit, it is used for God's work

1 Like

Re: Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion by Fleewpeed: 7:38pm On Oct 04, 2017
felixomor:

abi oohh

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion by hopefulLandlord: 7:40pm On Oct 04, 2017
Fleewpeed:

more like used to buy private jets, build mansions on earth, hire bodyguards because blood of Jesus can only protect you so much, buy a fleet of high end performance cars, go on expensive vacations, live like a king etc

75 Likes

Re: Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion by Samsimple(m): 7:41pm On Oct 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

more like used to buy private jets, build mansions on earth, hire bodyguards because blood of Jesus can only protect you so much, buy a fleet of high end performance cars, go on expensive vacations, live like a king etc
my kidney oohh hahahaha

10 Likes

Re: Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion by Samsimple(m): 7:42pm On Oct 04, 2017
Fleewpeed:
another gullible one

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion by Samsimple(m): 7:45pm On Oct 04, 2017
felixomor:

in other words if a thief pays tithe then the pastor is a thief right..
*shakes head in pity*

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion by hopefulLandlord: 7:46pm On Oct 04, 2017
Samsimple:

my kidney oohh hahahaha
Religious belief is an invisible security blanket for insecure individuals.

Closeted minds will continue to allow brainwashing and indoctrination by religious leaders that there is a 'god', and there was a 'jesus', in order that the people with closed minds allow themselves to be controlled so that the various Corporations (churches) remain profitable as the tax-free money continues to roll in.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion by felixomor: 7:47pm On Oct 04, 2017
Samsimple:

in other words if a thief pays tithe then the pastor is a thief right..
*shakes head in pity*

Tax = Thief
In your dictionary ba.?

Please bow your head undecided

4 Likes

Re: Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion by Samsimple(m): 7:50pm On Oct 04, 2017
felixomor:

Tax = Thief In your dictionary ba.?
Please bow your head undecided
ur sense of reasoning is appalling...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion by felixomor: 7:53pm On Oct 04, 2017
Samsimple:

ur sense of reasoning is appalling...
Says the person who likens the word tax to thief .

The joke is in you cool

3 Likes

Re: Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion by Samsimple(m): 7:54pm On Oct 04, 2017
Feliximor and bloodofthelamb reason alike are u guys related

2 Likes

Re: Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion by Samsimple(m): 7:55pm On Oct 04, 2017
felixomor:
Says the person who likens the word tax to thief .
The joke is in you cool
and where did i say the meaning of tax is thief... Bros seriously are u alright

12 Likes

Re: Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion by felixomor: 7:57pm On Oct 04, 2017
Samsimple:

and where did i say the meaning of tax is thief... Bros seriously are u alright

Just read your own previous comments.
I hope you are not amnesic?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion by Samsimple(m): 8:03pm On Oct 04, 2017
felixomor:

Just read your own previous comments. I hope you are not amnesic?
nahhh u knw u are annoying right

5 Likes

Re: Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion by Ranchhoddas: 8:06pm On Oct 04, 2017
Samsimple:
You never see anything.

2 Likes

Re: Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion by Ranchhoddas: 8:06pm On Oct 04, 2017
Samsimple:
You never see anything.
Re: Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:07pm On Oct 04, 2017
Samsimple:
Feliximor and bloodofthelamb reason alike are u guys related
CHRIST JESUS IS MY REASONING...I WILL LIKE YOU TO MAKE HIM YOUR REASONING ALSO...YOU MY FREIND, WILL NEVER REGRET IT
Re: Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion by felixomor: 8:07pm On Oct 04, 2017
Samsimple:

What I know here is that u know Nothing about taxation.
Re: Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion by Samsimple(m): 8:17pm On Oct 04, 2017
felixomor:
What I know here is that u know Nothing about taxation.
ok mr teacher teach me pls... What is taxation

2 Likes

Re: Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion by Samsimple(m): 8:18pm On Oct 04, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
CHRIST JESUS IS MY REASONING...I WILL LIKE YOU TO MAKE HIM YOUR REASONING ALSO...YOU MY FREIND, WILL NEVER REGRET IT
ur own problem is beyond human and God's understanding i swear

6 Likes

Re: Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion by Samsimple(m): 8:19pm On Oct 04, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
You never see anything.
hahaha na today, na johnydon22 and hahn fit am
Re: Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion by felixomor: 8:27pm On Oct 04, 2017
Samsimple:

ok mr teacher teach me pls...
What is taxation

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax
wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Does The Church I Attend Matter? / 500 Billion Pounds Questions For Christians / The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.