Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:03 PM

Read This Before You Buy Another Used Car - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Read This Before You Buy Another Used Car (20104 Views)

Would You Buy This Car For N10m? (pics/video) / Should I Buy Seal For My Car's AC Compressor Or Buy Another Compressor? / Would You Buy This Joystick & Butt-Shaped Car? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Read This Before You Buy Another Used Car by Almightytime: 12:57pm On Oct 05, 2017
VIN numbers should be used when registering vehicles and more importantly we need a robust database of all vehicles in Nigeria .Through this all registered cars will have their VIN numbers in the system.
Re: Read This Before You Buy Another Used Car by justhenry(m): 4:26pm On Oct 05, 2017
God bless u bro...are u an FRSC officer? Or a motor licensing officer? If yes, i'd love to ask u some questions privately pls.
Re: Read This Before You Buy Another Used Car by dejidotun2000(m): 5:24am On Nov 15, 2017
Are you absolutely sure that the details of a pre-registered car will come up if one tries to re-register it?

I am in a particularly difficult situation. I mistakenly registered my car with the custom papers of another car (dealer had two similar cars and mistakenly gave me the wrong paper initially) . Unfortunately I didn't know that MVAA will require the custom paper of the other car in order to correct mine.

TLDR:I need to contact the owner of the other car

chinjo:
This only happen when car owners prefer to patronize touts when registering a vehicle. Every genuine registered vehicle can not be re-registered except their is evidence of purchase and valid police clearance certificate. In the process of registering a vehicle, as soon as you imputes the chassis number into the computer, the name of the previous owner appears with all his details including his phone number. A call is then placed to that phone number to confirm if the car was sold or stollen before proceeding with the registration process. A lot of cars have been recovered in this process. That is why those that have clean cars with old number plates should try and get the new number plate because no data is available on the FRSC website for old number plates. All are encouraged to visit the FRSC NVIS desk officer at the state board of internal revenue of each state for the registration of their vehicles.

(1) (2) (Reply)

As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You / Diesel And Petrol Vehicles May Be Banned In The Next 10 Years In Nigeria / What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.