Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,416 members, 7,808,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

General Motors To Introduce At Least 23 Electric Vehicles By 2023 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / General Motors To Introduce At Least 23 Electric Vehicles By 2023 (7778 Views)

General Motors Will No Longer Produce These 6 Cars / General Motors Takes A Swipe At Tesla In New Cadillac's Super Cruise Commercial / Innoson Motors To Manufacture Nigerian Army Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

General Motors To Introduce At Least 23 Electric Vehicles By 2023 by AutoReportNG: 2:11am On Oct 05, 2017
General Motors has big plans for electrification over the next few years, and we’re not talking just hybrid technology. The automaker says it will introduce at least 20 new all-electric vehicles by 2023.

The first two EVs will be based off knowledge gained from the Bolt, GM announced today. These vehicles will launch within the next 18 months.

“General Motors believes in an all-electric future,” said Mark Reuss, GM executive vice president of Product Development, Purchasing and Supply Chain, in a release. “Although that future won’t happen overnight, GM is committed to driving increased usage and acceptance of electric vehicles through no-compromise solutions that meet our customers’ needs.”

GM has refined its electrified lineup over time. In addition to the Bolt, GM also currently offers the Chevrolet Volt and Cadillac CT6 plug-in hybrids. Other models like the Chevrolet Spark EV and Cadillac ELR have been axed.

GM envisions a future with zero crashes, zero emissions, and zero congestion. When it comes to emissions, battery electric vehicles are just part of the solution. Once again, GM reiterated that it’s pursuing fuel cell technology. Earlier this year, the automaker announced a joint venture with Honda to produce next-generation fuel cell systems for future vehicles. Production on the advanced fuel cell systems is expected to start around 2020.

Meanwhile, GM is testing the waters with a four-wheel-steer fuel cell concept called SURUS. Short for Silent Utility Rover Universal Superstructure, SURUS uses a heavy-duty truck frame and two electric motors. Its architecture paves the way for future fuel cell trucks, delivery vehicles, and ambulances.

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/10/general-motors-to-introduce-at-least-23.html

Lalasticlala
Marpol
Mynd44
Seun
Fynestboi

Re: General Motors To Introduce At Least 23 Electric Vehicles By 2023 by AutoReportNG: 2:12am On Oct 05, 2017
When all the world are moving to EV, I wonder what Naija will move to.

Lalasticlala
Re: General Motors To Introduce At Least 23 Electric Vehicles By 2023 by menstrualpad: 4:45am On Oct 05, 2017
Has GM built any durable fossil fuels powered vehicle before jumping gun into electric ones?

At times I wonder why people claim Americans are ahead in technology when they can't build ordinary reliable vehicle.... Radarada...

Their Jeep a disastrous endeavor
Chrysler a sorry tale
Ford... Programmed to fail at a particular mileage...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Motors To Introduce At Least 23 Electric Vehicles By 2023 by ednut1(m): 7:12am On Oct 05, 2017
grin we go drink that oil last last

4 Likes

Re: General Motors To Introduce At Least 23 Electric Vehicles By 2023 by peeBoss: 7:14am On Oct 05, 2017
AutoReportNG:
When all the world are moving to EV, I wonder what Naija will move to.

Lalasticlala
... keke brain
Re: General Motors To Introduce At Least 23 Electric Vehicles By 2023 by HumanistMike(m): 7:19am On Oct 05, 2017
My problem with electric cars are the way they sound. I like that roar in cars.

E cars have to replicate it.

Peep my signature

2 Likes

Re: General Motors To Introduce At Least 23 Electric Vehicles By 2023 by ccvizzle(m): 7:21am On Oct 05, 2017
ednut1:

Hahahahaha all dis wicked n stupid politicians must drink 100 cups each at a stretch

4 Likes

Re: General Motors To Introduce At Least 23 Electric Vehicles By 2023 by kinguwem: 7:23am On Oct 05, 2017
menstrualpad:
Has GM built any durable fossil fuels powered vehicle before jumping gun into electric ones?

At times I wonder why people claim Americans are ahead in technology when they can't build ordinary reliable vehicle.... Radarada...

Chrysler a sorry tale
Ford is a British vehicle
Re: General Motors To Introduce At Least 23 Electric Vehicles By 2023 by benflin(m): 7:28am On Oct 05, 2017
Nigeria needs to diversify this our monopolistic economy before it will be to late.

1 Like

Re: General Motors To Introduce At Least 23 Electric Vehicles By 2023 by addictiv(m): 7:28am On Oct 05, 2017
kinguwem:
I need the weed you took this morning. It's highly effective. . grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: General Motors To Introduce At Least 23 Electric Vehicles By 2023 by horsepower101: 7:29am On Oct 05, 2017
I can't wait for electric cars to take over. After that oil revenues will crumble and forced unity will end. That's when we will know those who can truely survive in Nigeria without oil money.

7 Likes

Re: General Motors To Introduce At Least 23 Electric Vehicles By 2023 by Promxy94(m): 7:31am On Oct 05, 2017
menstrualpad:

Chrysler a sorry tale
Know what you say Gmc motors are a durable american car brand ....
Ur maintanance culture is the key to a lasting vehicle...
U know its America don't give it to ur kazeem to Kazeem it, because it doesn't tolerate abuse....
Know peeps who have a lot of GMC jeeps for over 5years here and no issues...

1 Like

Re: General Motors To Introduce At Least 23 Electric Vehicles By 2023 by horsepower101: 7:34am On Oct 05, 2017
menstrualpad:

Chrysler a sorry tale

American cars are purposefully built to depreciate quickly. They want you to buy a new one soon. It's a business strategy called planned obsolescence.

It doesn't mean they don't know how to build long lasting vehicles.
Re: General Motors To Introduce At Least 23 Electric Vehicles By 2023 by daniska3yaro(m): 7:45am On Oct 05, 2017
kinguwem:
Na which kind weed u knack is strong walahi,e scatter ur thinking.
Re: General Motors To Introduce At Least 23 Electric Vehicles By 2023 by richeeyo(m): 7:48am On Oct 05, 2017
addictiv:

I need the weed you took this morning. It's highly effective. . grin grin grin
But that part of Britain that owns Ford is in America... Lol

1 Like

Re: General Motors To Introduce At Least 23 Electric Vehicles By 2023 by 2nattie(m): 8:06am On Oct 05, 2017
kinguwem:

sad
Re: General Motors To Introduce At Least 23 Electric Vehicles By 2023 by bakynes(m): 8:19am On Oct 05, 2017
Our Oyel money people go begin clamour for one Nigeria by then.
Re: General Motors To Introduce At Least 23 Electric Vehicles By 2023 by nengibo: 8:32am On Oct 05, 2017
bakynes:
Our Oyel money people go begin clamour for one Nigeria by then.
Because oil is the only resource Niger delta has, Parasites
Re: General Motors To Introduce At Least 23 Electric Vehicles By 2023 by laidima88(m): 8:47am On Oct 05, 2017
welcome development
those saying some countries are using advance cars
you are also part of Nigeria
invent something
Re: General Motors To Introduce At Least 23 Electric Vehicles By 2023 by Kobicove(m): 8:58am On Oct 05, 2017
The days of crude oil are numbered...

1 Like

Re: General Motors To Introduce At Least 23 Electric Vehicles By 2023 by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 8:58am On Oct 05, 2017
Very funny
Re: General Motors To Introduce At Least 23 Electric Vehicles By 2023 by zabadii(m): 9:31am On Oct 05, 2017
Some haters would assumed this car doesn't need fuel but ignorance is the main problem of Nigerian youths
Re: General Motors To Introduce At Least 23 Electric Vehicles By 2023 by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 05, 2017
kinguwem:
Oga no go talk that thing outside o! Make person no hear you o!
Re: General Motors To Introduce At Least 23 Electric Vehicles By 2023 by Carter4luv(m): 9:43am On Oct 05, 2017
The best thing naija should do is to invest more on agriculture n technology. It will help save the country in next century.
Re: General Motors To Introduce At Least 23 Electric Vehicles By 2023 by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 05, 2017
horsepower101:

American cars are purposefully built to depreciate quickly. They want you to buy a new one soon. It's a business strategy called planned obsolescence.

It doesn't mean they don't know how to build long lasting vehicles.

I kinda agree with you. American can produce good durable cars even as the Germans. Its commonplace to see mustangs, Chevys, camaros, buicks, Cadillacs, dodges dating from the 60s and 70s on american roads. Plus they require less expertise to fix...(most Americans can fix cars though).
American cars just don't do well in bad environments and roads like Nigeria and they consume a lot of fuel.
If an American car doesn't last, its likely cuz of planned obsolence by its manufacturers....
Re: General Motors To Introduce At Least 23 Electric Vehicles By 2023 by Kingspin(m): 10:28am On Oct 05, 2017
Few times, i whether what the North and their companion in the South are still doing with oil? This commodity is going already you can see it coming in less than 20 years. Just recent, the city of Dubai introduce electric cars for taxi service. And more and more car companies globally are diverting to electric cars with some countries targeting to end fuel cars 10years from now. It is happening before our eyes Nigerians pursue development and leave politics of religion and tribalism..They no go hear...
Re: General Motors To Introduce At Least 23 Electric Vehicles By 2023 by menstrualpad: 1:47pm On Oct 05, 2017
Promxy94:

Know what you say Gmc motors are a durable american car brand ....
Ur maintanance culture is the key to a lasting vehicle...
U know its America don't give it to ur kazeem to Kazeem it, because it doesn't tolerate abuse....
Know peeps who have a lot of GMC jeeps for over 5years here and no issues...
Why do you mock yourself? 5 years and you open the sepulchre you call mouth and say it's durable.
Re: General Motors To Introduce At Least 23 Electric Vehicles By 2023 by omoiyalayi(m): 2:13pm On Oct 05, 2017
ednut1:

Lolzzzzzzzzz
Re: General Motors To Introduce At Least 23 Electric Vehicles By 2023 by Promxy94(m): 5:18pm On Oct 05, 2017
menstrualpad:

Why do you mock yourself? 5 years and you open the sepulchre you call mouth and say it's durable.
English hard u
Did I say the cars have been packed
5years and still running.
Wait till u use it for 30years and still running,then I guess that willatch and suit ur own definition of durable
Re: General Motors To Introduce At Least 23 Electric Vehicles By 2023 by menstrualpad: 5:42pm On Oct 05, 2017
Promxy94:

English hard u
Did I say the cars have been packed
5years and still running.
Wait till u use it for 30years and still running,then I guess that willatch and suit ur own definition of durable

Show me a 30 years old American vehicle on Nigeria roads and get a handsome reward for each one. I don't have time for jawjaw with you boy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Ten Reasons To Buy A Mercedes-benz / What Tools Do You Carry In Your Car? / Mazda CX-7 2007 and Nissan S Thoughts(pics in post$

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.