Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,177 members, 7,780,243 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:16 AM

Paul Otasowie, UNIBEN Professor Shot Dead In Benin. Photo - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Paul Otasowie, UNIBEN Professor Shot Dead In Benin. Photo (42798 Views)

Mentally Challenged Man Stabs A Lady In Benin (Photo, Video) / Charms Recovered At Pastor's House After Impregnating Girl In Benin. Photo / Hoodlums Stone Woman To Death Inside Her House In Benin (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paul Otasowie, UNIBEN Professor Shot Dead In Benin. Photo by fr3do(m): 1:58pm On Oct 05, 2017
midehi2:
He might have stepped on some cultist toes

But why always attack their victims at the entrance gate of their house, this is so common in Benin.

Chai! RIP

this man is one of the most easy going lecturers in EEE
Re: Paul Otasowie, UNIBEN Professor Shot Dead In Benin. Photo by snazzy5050(m): 1:59pm On Oct 05, 2017
This happened just beside my house its around siluko road not ekhewan road! All this bloggers self may his soul rest in perfect peace.. Greatest ENG Boys

1 Like

Re: Paul Otasowie, UNIBEN Professor Shot Dead In Benin. Photo by einsteino(m): 2:06pm On Oct 05, 2017
RIP .. Met him a few weeks back during Nigeria Society of Engineers Corporate membership Exams at Benin branch.

Very easy going man
Re: Paul Otasowie, UNIBEN Professor Shot Dead In Benin. Photo by wonder233: 2:08pm On Oct 05, 2017
To those saying stuff like "maybe they killed him because of some dirty deals", "not everything is at is seems" bla bla bla. You might as well say each of the 58 dead victims of the Las Vegas shooting offended the shooter hence they deserved it in one way or the other.
Let those who attended UNIBEN and had contact with the deceased clarify: Prof. Otasowie was a very genial, affable individual. He is miles away from whatever you're trying to insinuate.
If you aren't privileged to have met an individual, the least you can do is shut the f**k up rather than postulating what you have no knowledge of.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paul Otasowie, UNIBEN Professor Shot Dead In Benin. Photo by Otunla236: 2:10pm On Oct 05, 2017
JESUS christ...RIP
Re: Paul Otasowie, UNIBEN Professor Shot Dead In Benin. Photo by spoilerx: 2:19pm On Oct 05, 2017
Tolexander:
Not everything depends on government.

The killers/kidnappers know best why they killed him.
It may be due to the professors handwork or dirty deal he had with them.

In advance countries, things like this are also recorded, does that mean the governments aren't responsible?
Florida shooting and Las Vegas shooting are still in the air.

RIP Professor, if he really deserves it.

What u know nothing about yet u speak with such authority
Re: Paul Otasowie, UNIBEN Professor Shot Dead In Benin. Photo by CHRISECHUKS(m): 2:27pm On Oct 05, 2017
what a peaceful man he was. My lecture we will remember you for your good deed. May Your soul rest in peace
Re: Paul Otasowie, UNIBEN Professor Shot Dead In Benin. Photo by ojkalito(m): 2:48pm On Oct 05, 2017
Not happy about his death but this man was cruel
Re: Paul Otasowie, UNIBEN Professor Shot Dead In Benin. Photo by ahamonyeka(m): 2:51pm On Oct 05, 2017
Prof. Paul signed my siwes log book in 2005. Department of computer engineering,faculty of engineering .

Rip sir.
Re: Paul Otasowie, UNIBEN Professor Shot Dead In Benin. Photo by shineeye1: 3:07pm On Oct 05, 2017
Who knows whether na disgruntled student cultists kill am! The devil is undoubtedly on rampage on our youths. Just recently, in the same uniben, a brilliant USA trained female lecturer had to flee from uniben back to US, for her life and that of her family after being severally assaulted and sexually molested by disgruntled student cultists all because she would not take orders from them on her examination results.

Cultism has been accepted as a parallel, if not superior authority on campuses today. You even find Profs pathetically advising fellow lecturers to submit and do student cultists biddings - for peace to reign!!! It is an unbelievable lamentation! Many of our youths now reasonably see membership and allegiance to Cultism as a guaranteed short cut to high grades, regardless of performance. The society stinks. Things are sure to get worse as the academia systematically submits further to the intimidation of the occult.

RIP Prof!!!
Re: Paul Otasowie, UNIBEN Professor Shot Dead In Benin. Photo by cassidy1996(m): 3:26pm On Oct 05, 2017
R.I.P EEE591
Re: Paul Otasowie, UNIBEN Professor Shot Dead In Benin. Photo by Mourin(f): 3:28pm On Oct 05, 2017
RIP sir
Re: Paul Otasowie, UNIBEN Professor Shot Dead In Benin. Photo by koboko69: 3:54pm On Oct 05, 2017
If this guy collect ur script that year....
No bother begging...
Ur exam don finish
RIP!
Re: Paul Otasowie, UNIBEN Professor Shot Dead In Benin. Photo by koboko69: 3:55pm On Oct 05, 2017
ahamonyeka:
Prof. Paul signed my siwes log book in 2005.
Department of computer engineering,faculty of engineering .

Rip sir.

If he seize ur paper that year. E don be for u.
No bother begging....
Exam don end.
RIP.
U be electrical or computer?
Re: Paul Otasowie, UNIBEN Professor Shot Dead In Benin. Photo by onos217(m): 4:13pm On Oct 05, 2017
This man took me:EE473(Principles of telecommunication1).
Rest in Peace Prof. May your killers never find rest for the rest of their lives.
Re: Paul Otasowie, UNIBEN Professor Shot Dead In Benin. Photo by tishbite41(m): 4:16pm On Oct 05, 2017
iamDjSkukie:
May his great soul rest in perfect peace....
And mmay Allah grant d family d fortitude to bear d irredeemable loss. But d level of atrocities in SE nd SS are alarming. may Allah aid us all and protect us
allah ke
Re: Paul Otasowie, UNIBEN Professor Shot Dead In Benin. Photo by Tecno66: 4:25pm On Oct 05, 2017
Benin is on fire again. Wetin the past 2 weeks the killed 3 policemen and kidnapped the headtof Ogba zoo, abducted Osayomore Joseph and now this. I believe the same gang is on rampage. We seem to be back to the Anini days. My joy is that when they begin to reign like this, know that their end is close.
dainformant:
Prof. Paul Otasowie of the Engineering Dept University of Benin was killed by unknown gun men last night, in what eyewitnesses said was a failed Kidnapping attempt. The past UBIT/SIWES director University of Benin, was shot and killed by unknown gunmen as he made to enter his house in the Ekehuan Road area of the Benin City, Edo state.

The professor's demise has thrown the the University Community into mourning.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/10/prof-paul-otasowie-shot-dead-in-benin-city-edo.html
Re: Paul Otasowie, UNIBEN Professor Shot Dead In Benin. Photo by Tolexander: 5:07pm On Oct 05, 2017
spoilerx:

What u know nothing about yet u speak with such authority

What are you saying?

Where in the post did i make an affirmatory statement?
point it out!
Re: Paul Otasowie, UNIBEN Professor Shot Dead In Benin. Photo by mechanics(m): 5:20pm On Oct 05, 2017
Benin again?
Re: Paul Otasowie, UNIBEN Professor Shot Dead In Benin. Photo by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 05, 2017
josephobaro:
Rip sir.
He lectured me on introduction to telecommunications.

Crack... Use another name na... Everybody just know say na you.

RIP Paul Otasowie
Re: Paul Otasowie, UNIBEN Professor Shot Dead In Benin. Photo by tsmat(m): 5:47pm On Oct 05, 2017
Op. Engineering is a faculty and not a department Sir
Re: Paul Otasowie, UNIBEN Professor Shot Dead In Benin. Photo by alcuin(m): 5:52pm On Oct 05, 2017
qwerty123qwerty:

Crack... Use another name na... Everybody just know say na you.

RIP Paul Otasowie

I don't whether to laugh or cry.

Engineering boys no go ever stop.lol

RIP prof, he taught me EEE in 200l and was the UBITS coordinator of my set.
Re: Paul Otasowie, UNIBEN Professor Shot Dead In Benin. Photo by Nickky28(m): 6:34pm On Oct 05, 2017
Still in shock... My project supervisor. A gentle and humble prof. May ur soul rest in peace. Amen.
Re: Paul Otasowie, UNIBEN Professor Shot Dead In Benin. Photo by mzlee01(m): 10:02pm On Oct 05, 2017
My Prof, May your soul rest in the bossom of the Lord. Amen
RIP!!!

Rest in peace EEE591 n
Rest in peace EEE473 By Prof. Paul Otasowie
Re: Paul Otasowie, UNIBEN Professor Shot Dead In Benin. Photo by Rhea(f): 10:26pm On Oct 05, 2017
dainformant:
Prof. Paul Otasowie of the Engineering Dept University of Benin was killed by unknown gun men last night, in what eyewitnesses said was a failed Kidnapping attempt. The past UBIT/SIWES director University of Benin, was shot and killed by unknown gunmen as he made to enter his house in the Ekehuan Road area of the Benin City, Edo state.

The professor's demise has thrown the the University Community into mourning.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/10/prof-paul-otasowie-shot-dead-in-benin-city-edo.html

Result release issue
Somebody somewhere is n his 9th year in engineering
On top of that, he dodges bullet every year from his rival cult gangs to sneak in and sit for exam and end up with a glorious F
I guess the baga has had enough and decided to end it right now
Edobini, I hail una with una black bats hovering around Ring road every hour of the day and night
Re: Paul Otasowie, UNIBEN Professor Shot Dead In Benin. Photo by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 06, 2017
Rhea:

[s]
Result release issue
Somebody somewhere is n his 9th year in engineering
On top of that, he dodges bullet every year from his rival cult gangs to sneak in and sit for exam and end up with a glorious F
I guess the baga has had enough and decided to end it right now
Edobini, I hail una with una black bats hovering around Ring road every hour of the day and night [/s]
u are senseless

1 Like

Re: Paul Otasowie, UNIBEN Professor Shot Dead In Benin. Photo by Rhea(f): 12:59am On Oct 06, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
u are senseless

You are sensemore
Re: Paul Otasowie, UNIBEN Professor Shot Dead In Benin. Photo by Coloradvantage(m): 3:16am On Oct 06, 2017
sometimes this things go way beyond robbery and cultism... na so dem send me laptop from ib last 2 weeks .. the driver no deliver am to me oo! when the guy called he was insulting telling him to go to hell... the guy told me at first I suspected he was being tricky... he he he! because of pre used laptop... this driver need buy four tires to em ride... carry carto spray em windscreen ... and many more! before then I report the case to police say... I no sabi the man oo! but na em number be this... lol! I use his number to get his picture online through Facebook! small thing d pain oo! especially someone trying to be fast and hurt the man in you! if that driver for die now because of ordinary laptop... lol. dem go say na arm robber or na cultist! bros... the world is wicked Dont dare beople beyond what they can take! people weh fit kill no get big chest like bouncers, carry beard like bin ladin.... forget movies... fear and respect humans... we are all beast if pushed beyond what we can take! RIP prof! the killers should be hunt and brought to justice!

1 Like

Re: Paul Otasowie, UNIBEN Professor Shot Dead In Benin. Photo by odigbosky(m): 10:48am On Oct 07, 2017
RIP to the Prof.
i hear say result don come out, hope his death is not linked to it, because some bros they vex. E get one for my side, d guy dn turn igwe for the faculty. Baba na Lors for him dept. we come meet this guy for final year for the skool....till now him neva graduate and we dn meet am for final year. The guy even get him own reciept when him dy give freshers.....Greatest Uniben student.....Great
Greatest gbo gbo
Greatest gba gba...
Much greetings to men for Ekosodin, Osasogie and BDPA....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ijora-Badia: A Slum Of Cheap Sex, Illicit Drugs And A Filthy Environment / EFCC Arrests Man Over N57.5m Mistakenly Sent To His Company’s Account / Obituary Poster Of A 10-Year-Old Boy Beaten, Tortured And Starved To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.