Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,405 members, 7,808,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

Kazuo Ishiguro Wins The 2017 Nobel Prize In Literature! - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Kazuo Ishiguro Wins The 2017 Nobel Prize In Literature! (9717 Views)

Abdulrazak Gurnah Wins 2021 Nobel Prize In Literature / Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Nnedi Okorafor, Nominated For Nobel Prize (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kazuo Ishiguro Wins The 2017 Nobel Prize In Literature! by goodmanjustice: 8:24am On Oct 06, 2017
His name is actually Gazuo Ishigwuzo, from Isiala Mbano in Imo state. Argue with anyone close to you, I'm in bed already.
Re: Kazuo Ishiguro Wins The 2017 Nobel Prize In Literature! by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 06, 2017
Beautiful. Congrats to him on the life achievement. I'll have to check out his works.
Re: Kazuo Ishiguro Wins The 2017 Nobel Prize In Literature! by itsandi(m): 8:56am On Oct 06, 2017
Congratulations to him... Read some cool stories, poems and articles on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click!
Re: Kazuo Ishiguro Wins The 2017 Nobel Prize In Literature! by bodmannoni: 9:17am On Oct 06, 2017
gift01:
The name sounds Nigerian. Thought it was one of our brother from the land of the rising sun. We for no hear word today.

Nnamdi Kanu would have won a Nobel Peace prize but he chose the other option

He could have but like I've always said he's not that intelligent.

1 Like

Re: Kazuo Ishiguro Wins The 2017 Nobel Prize In Literature! by bodmannoni: 9:18am On Oct 06, 2017
9jakohai:
A very good writer whose books have been made into films.

Haven't read any of his books, but may do so one day

Try Never Let Me Go, wonderful book

2 Likes

Re: Kazuo Ishiguro Wins The 2017 Nobel Prize In Literature! by bodmannoni: 9:19am On Oct 06, 2017
Keneking:
Who eh epp

Obviously not someone like you
Re: Kazuo Ishiguro Wins The 2017 Nobel Prize In Literature! by bodmannoni: 9:20am On Oct 06, 2017
kollinz1234:
This has been my dream and Gods willing a day shall come when I will be celebrated as a Nobel winner

If you dream it you can definitely achieve ot

1 Like

Re: Kazuo Ishiguro Wins The 2017 Nobel Prize In Literature! by Babysho(m): 11:44am On Oct 06, 2017
Look at the kind of people on this thread! Kazuo's Never Let Me Go is a really good book. I can't believe there are people who haven't heard of Kazuo and his books!
Re: Kazuo Ishiguro Wins The 2017 Nobel Prize In Literature! by OyiboOyibo(m): 11:51am On Oct 06, 2017
I av read some of his works...d guy is a very gud writer...congrtas
Re: Kazuo Ishiguro Wins The 2017 Nobel Prize In Literature! by bonechamberlain(m): 12:11pm On Oct 06, 2017
when would passenger win a Nobel prize for good music.
Re: Kazuo Ishiguro Wins The 2017 Nobel Prize In Literature! by bodmannoni: 1:30pm On Oct 07, 2017
bonechamberlain:
when would passenger win a Nobel prize for good music.

Bob Dylan winning the Nobel prize for literature doesn't make it a prize for musicians, Passenger writes good music no doubt, but does he write better literature than other writers out there.

And the Nobel is an award for lifetime achievement, so even if he writes better literature he's still got a long way to go.
Re: Kazuo Ishiguro Wins The 2017 Nobel Prize In Literature! by bonechamberlain(m): 3:39pm On Oct 07, 2017
bodmannoni:

Bob Dylan winning the Nobel prize for literature doesn't make it a prize for musicians, Passenger writes good music no doubt, but does he write better literature than other writers out there.

And the Nobel is an award for lifetime achievement, so even if he writes better literature he's still got a long way to go.
there is nowhere i said the prize should be for musicians. who are the others out there. I just asked a question, but you have decided to tell me why I should not ask that question instead of telling me why passenger cannot win it for now though u did that in ur second paragraph. the first was unnecessary.
Re: Kazuo Ishiguro Wins The 2017 Nobel Prize In Literature! by bodmannoni: 3:49pm On Oct 07, 2017
bonechamberlain:
there is nowhere i said the prize should be for musicians. who are the others out there. I just asked a question, but you have decided to tell me why I should not ask that question instead of telling me why passenger cannot win it for now though u did that in ur second paragraph. the first was unnecessary.

It's the way you see it actually, the prize not being for musicians is one of the reasons why it would be very difficult for passenger to win. Guess you misunderstood me.

P.S. - I really really love Passenger, and would be glad to see him win, even though I don't see it happening.

Peace bro.

(1) (2) (Reply)

TIRENI (the Trust Demanding Trial Of A Pained Eighteen Year Old Girl) / The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) / 'Americanah' By Chimamanda Adichie To Launch This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.