Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Do Yorubas And Hausas Do Masqurades Like The Igbos/Ibibios? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do Yorubas And Hausas Do Masqurades Like The Igbos/Ibibios? (1714 Views)

Was The US Army Handbook Right About Yorubas, Igbos, And Hausas In 1964? / Why Do Yorubas N North Group South South As Igbo Pepo / Where Do Yorubas Fit In The Middle East? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Yorubas And Hausas Do Masqurades Like The Igbos/Ibibios? by staytravel: 3:21pm On Oct 05, 2017
I know that the Igbos and Ibibio people do something similar. I'm trying to write something on Nigerian Masqurade culture but I don't have any examples of Yoruba and Hausa variations? (or any other ethnic groups).
Igbo type: [youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37Z9hzf-9cA[/youtube]

Let me know.
Re: Do Yorubas And Hausas Do Masqurades Like The Igbos/Ibibios? by cuedish: 3:25pm On Oct 05, 2017
You don't know !
Re: Do Yorubas And Hausas Do Masqurades Like The Igbos/Ibibios? by GeeString: 3:49pm On Oct 05, 2017
Only Eyo, which is an extortionist spirit of Oduduwa descent.

Just like Buhari, the Eyo masquerade is corrupt although it is yet to steal up to $26bn.

3 Likes

Re: Do Yorubas And Hausas Do Masqurades Like The Igbos/Ibibios? by scholes0(m): 6:06pm On Oct 05, 2017
See question... lool
Re: Do Yorubas And Hausas Do Masqurades Like The Igbos/Ibibios? by Probz(m): 7:22pm On Oct 05, 2017
No one likes masquerades more than Igbos.

3 Likes

Re: Do Yorubas And Hausas Do Masqurades Like The Igbos/Ibibios? by staytravel: 1:37am On Oct 07, 2017
GeeString:
Only Eyo, which is an extortionist spirit of Oduduwa descent.

Just like Buhari, the Eyo masquerade is corrupt although it is yet to steal up to $26bn.
hahahahaha!!

Wow, it resembles the white garment wear.
Re: Do Yorubas And Hausas Do Masqurades Like The Igbos/Ibibios? by SakuraSimiola: 8:14pm On Jan 19, 2018
The truth

Probz:
Re: Do Yorubas And Hausas Do Masqurades Like The Igbos/Ibibios? by cooljude(m): 1:30pm On Jan 21, 2018
Yes! I served in Ilasa Ekiti and they've got masquerade but not as much and refined as that in most Igbo communities.
Re: Do Yorubas And Hausas Do Masqurades Like The Igbos/Ibibios? by JikanBaura(m): 12:09am On Jan 22, 2018
Hausa we don't do it.
Re: Do Yorubas And Hausas Do Masqurades Like The Igbos/Ibibios? by SakuraSimiola: 10:45pm On Feb 03, 2018
The truth!

Probz:
Re: Do Yorubas And Hausas Do Masqurades Like The Igbos/Ibibios? by nowpresence(f): 10:14am On Feb 04, 2018
urhobo does as well
Re: Do Yorubas And Hausas Do Masqurades Like The Igbos/Ibibios? by sherlock229(m): 11:10am On Feb 11, 2018
yoruba got masquerades too not rampant like igbos though. hausas are Islamic and do not do have masquerades.
Re: Do Yorubas And Hausas Do Masqurades Like The Igbos/Ibibios? by AliyuSIDI(m): 6:33pm On Mar 07, 2018
Yoruba do have Masqurades very similar to Nupe Masquredes, but hausa don't practice it.

(1) (Reply)

Pronounce This Efik Name / We Should Be Proud Of Our Country/race / How Fluent Can You Speak Your Native Language?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.