Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube (37166 Views)

Top 10 Hottest And Most Popular Nigerian Songs Released In August 2019 / Osayimwen Osahon George: Don't Watch Blue Films Just Watch Nigerian Music Videos / Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 05, 2017
greypencils:
TO THOSE WHO ARE DEEP...HARMONY AND LYRICS IS EVERYTHING...

Well the number of 'those who are deep' is not enough to pay the bills so what are we talking? Tell me why someone would waste his recourses to make a good song and still can't sell while Wizkid will just say 'yeah yeah' and millions will roll. If I be artist Kia Kia I go follow the crowd and sell out. No wonder artists like vector, chuddy k, iyanyan, etc have joined the trend. Even Terry g started with good songs but nobody gave a damn. The moment he changed it to craze he became popular.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by shumuel(m): 7:57pm On Oct 05, 2017
Ovokoo:
Since the advent of Youtube, Nigerian artiste have utilized the platform to promote their music videos to audiences all over the world. <strong>Here are the 12 Most popular Nigerian Music Videos on Youtube</strong>.

<strong>Watch the Video Here</strong>:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjBxKJ16MkY

12. Aye by Davido - 41 million

11. Come closer by Wizkid - 42 million

10. If by Davido - 42 million

9. Oliver Twist - 43 million

8. Collabo by Psquare ft Don Jazzy - 45 million

7. Bum Bum by Timaya - 47 million

6. Do like that by Korede - 48 million

5. Mad over you by Runtown - 50 million

4. Pana by Tekno - 51 million

3. Shekini by Psquare - 53 million

2. Johny by Yemi ALade - 76 million

1. Personally by Psquare - 78 million

View Source: http://ovoko.com.ng/12-popular-nigerian-music-videos-youtube-video/

Psquare leading grin can someone tell those twin brothers to stop fighting, oh i forgot their Birthday is 18 or 19 of this month, so all was just for attention grin tongue thats how they do, soon a new audio or video from them would hit the airwave and make us dance like mad wink

1 Like

Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by nnokwa042(m): 8:04pm On Oct 05, 2017
Rokia2:

Envy jealousy sibling rivalry battle of the alpha, women problem, lack of elderly figure, useless big brother, Paul thinking he got all the talent and Peter don't yet Peter is more popular then him, Battle of the egos, Peter disrespectful to big brother, Jude favouring Paul more the list goes on.
see the way ur judging it maybe cus of peters wife so if Paul start behaving like peter from start do u think they reach this stage? If they re not blood brothers do u think Paul who sing almost all thier song will allow peter to shine,pls go and ask any group , or u want Paul to support Peter so they should throw Jude away?

1 Like

Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by verygudbadguy(m): 8:05pm On Oct 05, 2017
greenhulk:

Trust me Gangnam style doesn't have good lyrics. That song was made in Korea, so how many people actually speak Korea? What is the population of Korea? People allover the world watched and love the song while more than 90% don't understand what he was saying. So how do u understand the lyrics of the song u don't understand. More than 2 5 billion views out of the 3 billion are from people that don't understand what he was saying.
You may be right. I am just saying that you don't conclude that their lyrics is whack just because you don't understand their language.
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 05, 2017
CaroLyner:

These two always going head to head in everything

Everything? In the oza room too? Tell us something we don't know; confess.
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by Nikbaebrown(f): 8:06pm On Oct 05, 2017
[quote author=Afam4eva post=61140092]
I think he is right apart from the part where he said that 2face is overrated. Truth is, if we're ranking Nigerian musicians not based on their talent or legendary status but purely based on success of their body of work then Psquare will take the number one spot. Yes. 2Face is the crowned legend of Nigerian contemporary music

He Probably Will Be Ranked Third Behind Psquare And "Dbanj" In What And What Pls?? Followers On Social Media And Net Worth I Suppose.
Those Are Not The Only Yardsticks For Measuring Success.

2 D Best Of My Knowledge Tuface Ranked D Most Influential Nigerian Artist In 2015 and 2016. In 2017, He Didnt Make The Top Ten List. So Did Psquare And Dbanj. Nothing Lasts Forever, Even Psquare's Career Is Declining. Wizkids, Olamides And Davidos Have Dominated The Scene. Maybe We Should Start Comparing Them To Psquare And Co. Compare 2face Wit D Likes Of Idris, Stereo Man, Blackface, Faze, Sty-plu,Daddy Showkey, Tony Tetuila, African China Nt Dbanjs
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by paradigmshift(m): 8:07pm On Oct 05, 2017
eezeribe:

Psquare are the best... Even the overrated average tuface is no where near them... in terms of hit songs and financial net worth.
lmao psquare too crap abeg, all their songs look alike. meaningless songs have views more than songs with content. psquare respect 2face for life because they no be mate. u think releasing yeye hit songs make you good? they are rich no doubt but 2baba is rich too, he doesn't fluent wealth or live the media life OK.
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 05, 2017
verygudbadguy:

You may be right. I am just saying that you don't conclude that their lyrics is whack just because you don't understand their language.

I understand u. But look at it this way, if almost 3 billion people like ur song without understanding what u are saying, then it means lyrics don't mean anything. So even if u are cursing their father they still watch ur music since they don't understand what u are saying.
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 05, 2017
CaroLyner:

These two always going head to head in everything

Aye + If by Davido = 83 million
Come closer by Wizkid = 42 million

O.B.O stay winning. cool
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by Afam4eva(m): 8:25pm On Oct 05, 2017
Nikbaebrown:

2 D Best Of My Knowledge Tuface Ranked D Most Influential Nigerian Artist In 2015 and 2016. In 2017, He Didnt Make The Top Ten List. So Did Psquare And Dbanj. Nothing Lasts Forever, Even Psquare's Career Is Declining. Wizkids, Olamides And Davidos Have Dominated The Scene. Maybe We Should Start Comparing Them To Psquare And Co. Compare 2face Wit D Likes Of Idris, Stereo Man, Blackface, Faze, Sty-plu,Daddy Showkey, Tony Tetuila, African China Nt Dbanjs
Nobody has ever disputed the fact that 2face is more influential than Psquare and their likes but that's not the same thing as dominating the music scene. Psquare dominating the music scene for over a decade with their hit songs and no current Nigerian artiste comes close.

Wizkid ad Davido has only dominated the music scene for maybe 2 years which is still a very short time. How you compare artiste is that you compare how many hits they had had since they started their career and based on that Psquare are at top of pack.

6 Likes

Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by 9jaRonin(m): 8:30pm On Oct 05, 2017
[quote author=cristianisraeli post=61141263][/quote]

1 Like

Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by MRZEUS(m): 8:45pm On Oct 05, 2017
cristianisraeli:

just look at all the crappy songs..lol

songs without meaning

songs way the artist no even know the lyrics

naija can swallow garbage

by the way views dont mean everyone loves the song

ve u eva composed any song in ur entire life? Tho it might nt b ur area of specialties but imagine sum1 criticise ur hard wrk hw would u feel? Try 2 encourage dis pple, e no easy joor

1 Like

Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by Nikbaebrown(f): 8:47pm On Oct 05, 2017
[quote author=Afam4eva post=61142293]
Nobody has ever disputed the fact that 2face is more influential than Psquare and their likes but that's not the same thing as dominating the music scene. Psquare dominating the music scene for over a decade with their hit songs and no current Nigerian artiste comes close.

Wizkid ad Davido has only dominated the music scene for maybe 2 years which is still a very short time.

2yrs?? Are u joking?? When Last Did Psquare Win The BET's Or Mamas For The Category Of Best African Artistes?? Thats Even An Understatement.
When Last Where They Nominated For Those Awards??

According To U, Davido's Just Spent 2yrs Dominating The African Music Industry Yet Hez The Most Followed Celebrity In Africa.

And Wizkid, Just 2yrs And Hez Done Several International Collaborations With Americas Best. Just 2yrs And Hez Sold Out A Concert At Royal Albert.
Just Give Them 2 more Years, I"ll Be Coming Back 2 Compare Ur Psquare Thats Been There 4 Decades To Upcoming Wizkid And Davido.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by cristianisraeli: 8:53pm On Oct 05, 2017
MRZEUS:

ve u eva composed any song in ur entire life? Tho it might nt b ur area of specialties but imagine sum1 criticise ur hard wrk hw would u feel? Try 2 encourage dis pple, e no easy joor

shut up!!!

we are meant to criticize so they can start singing with good lyrics and their songs can live forever

till today we still listen to fela...
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by Afam4eva(m): 8:54pm On Oct 05, 2017
Nikbaebrown:

2yrs?? Are u joking?? When Last Did Psquare Win The BET's Or Mamas For The Category Of Best African Artistes?? Thats Even An Understatement.
When Last Where They Nominated For Those Awards??

According To U, Davido's Just Spent 2yrs Dominating The African Music Industry Yet Hez The Most Followed Celebrity In Africa.

And Wizkid, Just 2yrs And Hez Done Several International Collaborations With Americas Best. Just 2yrs And Hez Sold Out A Concert At Royal Albert.
Just Give Them 2 more Years, I"ll Be Coming Back 2 Compare Ur Psquare Thats Been There 4 Decades To Upcoming Wizkid And Davido.
There's a difference between been in circulation and dominating the music industry. Wizkid has been trending since after he released "Holla at your Boy", same with Davido when he released "Dami Duro" but they were not dominating anything. It's just the last few days after the usual suspects such as Psquare, 2Face and co started waning.

Davido is the most followed musician on instagram, always specific because someone else is the most followed on facebook, twitter and other social media platforms.

I'm not here to downplay the achievements of Wizkid and Davido but there's nothing they're doing that Psquare, D'Banj or 2face have not done before. We're i a modern era where youtube is used to judge how popular a music video and you can go and check who is dominating the views on youtube.

6 Likes

Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by girl4rmspace(f): 9:01pm On Oct 05, 2017
Afam4eva:

I'll stick out my neck and say that Psquare have been the biggest and most consistent Nigerian artiste for 15 years now. There's no year that they don't release atleast one hit song. Even now that they're not as consistent as they use to be, they still manage to remain in circulation. If that list is extended to make it top 20, you'll realize that atleast 4 more of Psquare's songs will be there making it a total of 6.

Agreed Psquare truly are Kings of consistency

2 Likes

Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by eyinjuege: 9:17pm On Oct 05, 2017
Afam4eva:

Yes, i think it's almost or even over 20 years since they released their first commercial success, Senorita.

I doubt psquare is up to 15 years, you're talking 20...

Is it not psquare of just how many years ago?
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by coolexz7(m): 9:36pm On Oct 05, 2017
Rokia2:

Envy jealousy sibling rivalry battle of the alpha, women problem, lack of elderly figure, useless big brother, Paul thinking he got all the talent and Peter don't yet Peter is more popular then him, Battle of the egos, Peter disrespectful to big brother, Jude favouring Paul more the list goes on.

I don't even know which one is peter and which is Paul, undecided[

1 Like

Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by CaroLyner(f): 9:41pm On Oct 05, 2017
Diffdeef:
Remember that wizikid's come closer reached 42M because Drake jumped on the song.
12inches1:

Aye + If by Davido = 83 million
Come closer by Wizkid = 42 million

O.B.O stay winning. cool

Who made history while shutting down the iconic albert hall ?
i'll wait.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by Diffdeef(m): 9:55pm On Oct 05, 2017
CaroLyner:

Who shut down the iconic albert hall ?
i'll wait.
Seriously what does that got to do with we Nigerians? I'm not against anybody but at least one wizkid solo track should've made this list in his career haba,he featured an international star Drake but he still tied with davido 42M viewers.

1 Like

Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by FIDELITY24(m): 9:55pm On Oct 05, 2017
eezeribe:

Psquare are the best... Even the overrated average tuface is no where near them... in terms of hit songs and financial net worth.
Tuface over rated? Bros check the nearest clinic, u need some medicine.

3 Likes

Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 05, 2017
Psquare!!!,
Representing all the time. Always on top.

1 Like

Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by Wizaugpet(m): 10:11pm On Oct 05, 2017
Mehnnn! Personally Booom o. I guess this has been becos of the Dance. This is why Paul has to Respect Peter....
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by Wizaugpet(m): 10:11pm On Oct 05, 2017
Mehnnn! Personally Booom o. I guess this has been becos of the Dance. This is why Paul has to Respect Peter....
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by coluka: 10:11pm On Oct 05, 2017
handsomebanana:
Wetin korede bello dey find there

Do you think that because you don't enjoy his music he doesn't have his own fans? Go check, korede has one of the largest following on social media among Nigerian music artistes. He even has more followers than Olamide. The kid has his own loyal fan base
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 05, 2017
cristianisraeli:

shut up!!!

we are meant to criticize so they can start singing with good lyrics and their songs can live forever

till today we still listen to fela...

Bro Fela is a legend but he also did some songs that don't have meaning. He was a womanizer and smoked Indian hemp in public and even on stage.. talented but a good role model? I doubt it. He happened to be around when Nigerian music industry was in its infancy and he got so much love because he was not afraid to speak against the government. If he was around in this modern era I don't think he will get much recognition like he did then.. things have changed.

Some of his meaningless songs are

1. Na poi (lyrics is basically about man having sex with a woman and trying different styles. if that was davido or wizkid u will call the song stupid).
2. Chop and clean mouth (Again explicit lyrics, he basically said e ban gbo boooo, yeee obo da which means give me pusssy ooo.. where is pussy. Is that one good lyric)
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by geemarock: 10:40pm On Oct 05, 2017
lol oshofree
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by FisifunKododada: 10:40pm On Oct 05, 2017
eezeribe:

Haba! Please oga how is Tubaba overrated and average? I am not even a Tuface fan (I don't like raggae) but to call him overrated and average is completely off the mark.

1 Like

Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by FisifunKododada: 10:42pm On Oct 05, 2017
This list does not tell the true popularity - you have to divide the number of views by the number of years the song has been on Youtube.

In addition some artists BUY YOUTUBE VIEWS - this is the truth. So Youtube views is not a good metric.
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by gentlegenius(m): 10:48pm On Oct 05, 2017
Diffdeef:
Remember that wizkid's come closer reached 42M because Drake jumped on the song.
Wizkid is one of the most overrated artist in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by JJCN: 11:08pm On Oct 05, 2017
eezeribe:

... Even the overrated average tuface is no where near them... in terms of hit songs and financial net worth.
broz take ur time tu baba is on anoda level,,,dat guy is a prophet

1 Like

Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by Diffdeef(m): 11:12pm On Oct 05, 2017
gentlegenius:

Wizkid is one of the most overrated artist in Nigeria.
Na for their pocket.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wizkid’s “Manya” Video Taken Down From YouTube (See Why) / Nigerians React To Davido’s ‘'Nwa Baby' / Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.