Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

The "Koko" Of The NNPC GMD Vs Kachiukwu Saga - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The "Koko" Of The NNPC GMD Vs Kachiukwu Saga (1133 Views)

Mele Kyari Biography, Profile, Age Of NNPC GMD / Oga At The Top Crooner Spotted With NNPC GMD / List Of Companies Involved In The NNPC $26B Contract Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The "Koko" Of The NNPC GMD Vs Kachiukwu Saga by desgiezd(m): 9:08pm On Oct 05, 2017
If someone as low on the power ladder as me knew both Kachikwu and Baru are about to be fired, then I know BOTH PARTIES themselves know. Which brings me to WHY that memo to the President was leaked and WHERE the leak came from and WHY it was leaked.
Before we get to that point let’s examine some  recent history. When President Buhari came to power in 2015 Mr. Baru was the most senior GED within the NNPC structure. It was he who made the initial recommendation to the president on the needed reforms that the government initiated.
Mr. President however chose to appoint Mr. Kachikwu a private sector guy (he is rumored to have been recommended by TY Daniuma) and Kachikwu was given a dual role of not only the Minster of State (MOS) and Chairman of the NNPC board but also made NNPC GMD, given him unfettered powers.
Now the first thing Kachikwu did was to post Baru the most senior GED away from the NNPC to the Ministry as Technical Adviser Gas a more or less redundant position. For the whole year Baru was there he had no office. The joke was that Kachikwu’s. people would see him loitering around the ministry and say “Oga wetin be dat your name again? Minister say make we find you office”.
On the reforms Baru initiated in the NNPC Kachikwu added two principal things: he renamed the GEDs as COOs and changed the reporting structure of the GGM NAPIMS and GGM NPDC who historically reported to the GED E & P who then reported to the GMD to report directly to him Kachikwu as GMD. Baru reverted the NAPIMS and NPDC structure back to status quo because it delayed their work having to report to GMD (whose desk was already full) and he re-Christened the GEDs as GED/COO when he came back as GMD.
While Baru was in the wilderness, Kachikwu loomed large. He appointed new GEDs now COOs and and bestrode the industry. But rumors started to fly about “business”. His brother who was a known wheeler dealer in Abuja became the go to guy and began to call shots. Nothing is hidden under the sun and when information began to filter to the villa even though perhaps not with enough proof the FG now felt it was unwise to create another “superman” like Dieziani who controlled everything in the industry, they chose to revert to status quo and divide both positions.
The Minister is the bigger post theoretically and Kachikwu got that. The GMD reports to the minister but in reality that is where the “pot of soup” is. Any minister needs to be in a good relationship with his GMD otherwise he will be “empty” if you know what I mean. Well as fate will have it, it was the same Baru who was treated with disdain by Kachikwu that now got the GMD position by virtue of his seniority.
The truth, Baru and Kachikwu are barely on speaking terms. If Kachikwu needs anything from NNPC he goes through Rabiu GED E&P who was he (Kachikwu’s) appointee but that is a function of the personal relationship between both parties and the history of how he was treated. Rabiu himself needed to be careful so as not to offend the GMD his immediate boss while seeking to please the minister. The real struggle is about resource, it always is.
Both have being firing memos to the presidency reporting each other from day one. This I understand has culminated in the decision that they would both go. Baru also is battling personal problems including severe health challenges. The announcement of the shake up in the industry is expected to be have happened before the independence holiday.
So no surprises that that memo leaked now, I am confident that memo leaked from the MOS office and it is a face saving, pre-emptive action against a known outcome. So now for those who always seek the TRUTH  they can now understand the WHY and HOW. As expected people will put all sorts of spin to the situation but this is the real situation.
Both parties will leave in the next few days, I will put a dollar on that and people are just saving face. The pot of soup in that industry is too large that even an angel will stain his white garment with oil if appointed which I suspect is why PMB retains the substantive Minister portfolio. In fact there are no angels in our public service. Most screaming now will line up with application for allocation if whoever is in power is their person.
Let’s not be fooled, Nigeria will be great again.
Ogunyomi Sangogbamila Orunmilalana Edumareojekinte

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/articles-opinions/value-truth-koko-nnpc-gmd-vs-mos-petroleum-saga/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The "Koko" Of The NNPC GMD Vs Kachiukwu Saga by GavelSlam: 9:45pm On Oct 05, 2017
Sounds plausible.

I'll wait to see if both get the boot.

2 Likes

Re: The "Koko" Of The NNPC GMD Vs Kachiukwu Saga by EmeeNaka: 9:51pm On Oct 05, 2017
Kachikwu is Forming saint
Nobody in oil sector is crime free.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The "Koko" Of The NNPC GMD Vs Kachiukwu Saga by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 05, 2017
GavelSlam:
Sounds plausible.

I'll wait to see if both get the boot.

So Ibe started this war. Why ... greed wink
Re: The "Koko" Of The NNPC GMD Vs Kachiukwu Saga by GavelSlam: 10:26pm On Oct 05, 2017
TheCabal:

So Ibe started this war. Why ... greed wink

Won't say he started it neither would I call it greed.
I'd rather think of it as an oversight.

Kachikwu, being from the private sector, not being versed in the inner workings of this parastatal may have overlooked the key individuals who had enjoyed some form of power which his presence had threatened.

Baru's pride may have been hurt when he was side-tracked , and he might simply be getting his own pound of flesh not minding the consequence.

Kachikwu may not have acted with malicious intent while Baru could simply be getting even.
Re: The "Koko" Of The NNPC GMD Vs Kachiukwu Saga by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 05, 2017
GavelSlam:

Kachikwu may not have acted with malicious intent while Baru could simply be getting even.

Insightful
Re: The "Koko" Of The NNPC GMD Vs Kachiukwu Saga by surgical: 10:42pm On Oct 05, 2017
EmeeNaka:
Kachikwu is Forming saint
Nobody in oil sector is crime free.
his undoing Is his pride, he was forming technocrat. that's why he was cut to size
Re: The "Koko" Of The NNPC GMD Vs Kachiukwu Saga by tuniski: 10:46pm On Oct 05, 2017
surgical:
his undoing Is his pride, he was forming technocrat. that's why he was cut to size
See how naked corruption is being rationalized! Who started the lootery is immaterial all na lootery!
Awon Ole kawai!
Re: The "Koko" Of The NNPC GMD Vs Kachiukwu Saga by desgiezd(m): 8:06am On Oct 06, 2017
Can't we, as a nation, run this oil industry without blemish?
Re: The "Koko" Of The NNPC GMD Vs Kachiukwu Saga by Xlad(m): 8:28am On Oct 06, 2017
trying to cover your bubu's stupidity and corruption

Diezani K. Alison-Madueke was minister of petroleum and all the corruption that occurred both before she was appointed and during her tenure are been blamed on her.. she is currently referred as all time most corrupt Petroleum Minister in Africa/Nigeria..
No one is even asking much about those GMDs during her tenure.. the only thief they know is Alison.. Now under the watch of their so called old soldier, mr. no nonsense man, the holiest man in nigeria/africa, His Horrorable, the minister of petroleum, Mr. Muhammad Buhari, more than $20billion USD just got siphoned, his BMC and zombified soldiers doesnt want to admit and accept it. they want to cover up. looking for a way to put the blame on Ibe Kachukwu. Bari is Bubu's foot soldier..
where is that 'half niger-delta, half benue state' boy called omenka? even Obigalie or whatsoever her name is, that was busy marketing this expired bubu here as someone holier than an angel..? shey, all of unah don run go hide unah face..?
Re: The "Koko" Of The NNPC GMD Vs Kachiukwu Saga by Daviddson(m): 8:50am On Oct 06, 2017
I hate speculative write-ups disguised as investigative journalism, but this easily passes as credible.
And this stands out very well:
Nothing is hidden under the sun and when information began to filter to the villa even though perhaps not with enough proof the FG now felt it was unwise to create another “superman” like Dieziani who controlled everything in the industry, they chose to revert to status quo and divide both positions.

(1) (Reply)

David Mark Breaks Two Years Silence In Senate / "A New Down, 2018" Campaign Flyer / Frank Says El-rufai Lied On Atiku's Contribution To APC 2015 Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.