Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

INEC Announces Dates For Ekiti, Osun Governorship Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Announces Dates For Ekiti, Osun Governorship Elections (12129 Views)

INEC Announces Final Details Of Supplementary Elections In Rivers State / INEC Announces Dates For Collation Of Rivers Governorship Election Results / INEC Announces Winner Of Osun Governorship Election Rerun (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Announces Dates For Ekiti, Osun Governorship Elections by Islie: 10:28pm On Oct 05, 2017
Posted By: Vincent Ikuomola

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has announced April and September 2018 dates for governorship polls in Ekiti and Osun states.

The tenure of Ekiti incumbent governor, Ayodele Fayose and his Osun state counterpart, Rauf Aregbesola would end on Oct 15, 2018 and November 28, 2018, respectively.

According to the timetable released on Thursday in Abuja by the electoral body, the Ekiti and Osun elections would hold on July 14th and September 22, 2018, respectively.

Based on the timetable any run off election would be held within seven days after the announcement of result in line with relevant laws.

The timetable for the polls was signed by the Commission’s secretary, Mrs Augusta Ogakwu.
According to the timetable, INEC is expected to issue notice for the Ekiti election on April 4, 2018, which is not later than 90 days before the election. Political campaigns would commence on April 15 while collection of forms by political parties for issuance to candidates would come a day after.

Political primaries and resolution of disputes arising from such was slated for 15April-14 May, 2018.

Notice of election was fixed for 23rd June 2018 while campaign for the Osun state government house would start on June 25, 2018.

Collection of forms for the Osun election has been fixed for June 25th, while primaries and resolution of arising disputes must be conducted between June 24- July 23rd, 2018.

Speaking on the dates, INEC National Commissioner and Chairman Information and Voter Education Committee, Prince Solomon Soyebi said INEC was guided by the provisions of section 178(1)and (2) of the 1999 constitution as amended, and section 25(7) and (cool of the electoral Act,2010 in arriving at the dates.

He also restated the Commission’s earlier warning to intending aspirants and their parties that the release of dates for elections did not amount to notice for campaigns for votes. He further warned that parties which infringed on provisions of the Electoral Act as amended would be sanctioned.

“Anybody who deviates from the Electoral guidelines by engaging in public campaign ahead of the date for commencement of campaign is committing electoral offence and will be prosecuted.

“All political parties and their candidates are hereby enjoined to cooperate with us,” Soyebi said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/ekiti-osun-governoship-polls/

lalasticlala
Re: INEC Announces Dates For Ekiti, Osun Governorship Elections by Firefire(m): 10:38pm On Oct 05, 2017
I do not see any free & fair election, not when the INEC Chair is from the same village as the 'President'.

Buhary appointing his family member ( a 'pellow' from the North' as the INEC chairman is the highest 'kworuption' in modern Nigerian democracy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Announces Dates For Ekiti, Osun Governorship Elections by Wisedove(m): 9:10am On Oct 06, 2017
Hope they won't buy the election just like how ondo state election was bought.

The northerners are ready to do anything to remain in power by 2019
Re: INEC Announces Dates For Ekiti, Osun Governorship Elections by auwalyau: 9:10am On Oct 06, 2017
INEC Chairman is from Bauchi not Katsina.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Announces Dates For Ekiti, Osun Governorship Elections by jobbers: 9:11am On Oct 06, 2017
ok
Re: INEC Announces Dates For Ekiti, Osun Governorship Elections by mmb(m): 9:12am On Oct 06, 2017
Re: INEC Announces Dates For Ekiti, Osun Governorship Elections by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:12am On Oct 06, 2017
Firefire:
I do not see any free & fair election, not when the INEC Chair is from the same village as the 'President'.

Buhary appointing his family member as the INEC chairman is the highest 'kworuption' in modern Nigerian democracy.

Buhari appointed INEC chairman.

Nigeria is indeed finished to have people like you in it

modified

I see no reason for the fuzz here. Nigerians were wise enough to take out an incumbent. So?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Announces Dates For Ekiti, Osun Governorship Elections by Elnino4ladies: 9:14am On Oct 06, 2017
auwalyau:

Don't mind the uninformed fool

7 Likes

Re: INEC Announces Dates For Ekiti, Osun Governorship Elections by Saintsbrown(m): 9:19am On Oct 06, 2017
Elnino4ladies:

Don't mind the uninformed fool
She used to b buharis house girl
Re: INEC Announces Dates For Ekiti, Osun Governorship Elections by YINKS89(m): 9:20am On Oct 06, 2017
So wah should we dat wld not vote do now.
Re: INEC Announces Dates For Ekiti, Osun Governorship Elections by donbrowser(m): 9:22am On Oct 06, 2017

The tenure of Ekiti incumbent governor, Ayodele Fayose and his Osun state counterpart, Rauf Aregbesola would end on Oct 15, 2018 and November 28, 2018, respectively.

According to the timetable released on Thursday in Abuja by the electoral body, the Ekiti and Osun elections would hold on July 14th and September 22, 2018, respectively.
Why is Ekiti state guber holding July and not August? Anyways i'm quite sure Aregbe has put APC Osun in serious trouble.

1 Like

Re: INEC Announces Dates For Ekiti, Osun Governorship Elections by GavelSlam: 9:24am On Oct 06, 2017
Firefire:

Buhary appointing his family member as the INEC chairman is the highest 'kworuption' in modern Nigerian democracy.

What village is the INEC chairperson from?

Please provide a link.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: INEC Announces Dates For Ekiti, Osun Governorship Elections by Odukol(m): 9:25am On Oct 06, 2017
nice one wow finally its tym for a christian man to occupy d osun governorship seat hit like if u want a christian and share for muslim

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Announces Dates For Ekiti, Osun Governorship Elections by GavelSlam: 9:25am On Oct 06, 2017
Saintsbrown:

She used to b buharis house girl

I guess you were both in the same association then.

Why didn't you progress?
Re: INEC Announces Dates For Ekiti, Osun Governorship Elections by jellow(m): 9:28am On Oct 06, 2017
OK ooo we Don hear, 2018 is around the corner
Re: INEC Announces Dates For Ekiti, Osun Governorship Elections by aolawale025: 9:29am On Oct 06, 2017
Voters in ekiti and Osun should resist all attempts by APC to rig
Re: INEC Announces Dates For Ekiti, Osun Governorship Elections by jaggabban: 9:31am On Oct 06, 2017
Odukol:
nice one wow finally its tym for a christian man to occupy d osun governorship seat hit like if u want a christian and share for muslim
Nincompoop
Re: INEC Announces Dates For Ekiti, Osun Governorship Elections by PHILipu1(m): 9:34am On Oct 06, 2017
aolawale025:
Voters in ekiti and Osun should resist all attempts by APC to rig
But should support PDP attempt to rig?

1 Like

Re: INEC Announces Dates For Ekiti, Osun Governorship Elections by buffalowings: 9:41am On Oct 06, 2017
Time to boot out both incompetent set of governors grin

Aregbese for plunging the state in debt
Fayose for being a useless clown

1 Like

Re: INEC Announces Dates For Ekiti, Osun Governorship Elections by teadrake(m): 9:43am On Oct 06, 2017
Odukol:
Have you used your drug this morning??
Sorry for the question
Re: INEC Announces Dates For Ekiti, Osun Governorship Elections by Firefire(m): 9:46am On Oct 06, 2017
ULSHERLAN:

Buhari appointed INEC chairman?

Nigeria is indeed finished to have people like you in it

Na you appoint am?

Re: INEC Announces Dates For Ekiti, Osun Governorship Elections by Firefire(m): 9:46am On Oct 06, 2017
GavelSlam:

What village is the INEC chairperson from?

Please provide a link.

Thank you.

Ask google., then review the past trend of where INEC chair is expected to come from if the sitting president is from a place to avoid complicity & bias.

Buhary is morally 'Kworupt'.

1 Like

Re: INEC Announces Dates For Ekiti, Osun Governorship Elections by Ningi2020(m): 9:51am On Oct 06, 2017
Odukol:
. This show how stupid and brain dead u re, by taking everything to b a religious issue, I bet u progress will never comes ur way.

1 Like

Re: INEC Announces Dates For Ekiti, Osun Governorship Elections by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:54am On Oct 06, 2017
Firefire:

Na you appoint am?

Why make a fuzz about it
Re: INEC Announces Dates For Ekiti, Osun Governorship Elections by Firefire(m): 9:58am On Oct 06, 2017
auwalyau:

And Bauchi is in South?
Re: INEC Announces Dates For Ekiti, Osun Governorship Elections by Firefire(m): 10:00am On Oct 06, 2017
ULSHERLAN:

Why make a fuzz about it

That is kworuption.

How can a president & the INEC chairman comes from the same side of the country ?

Will there be free & fair election when your kinsman is involved? NO!

There is already an intent for bias & manipulation.

Good luck to Nigerians...
Re: INEC Announces Dates For Ekiti, Osun Governorship Elections by Beedude(m): 10:02am On Oct 06, 2017
buffalowings:
Time to boot out both incompetent set of governors grin

Aregbese for plunging the state in debt
Fayose for being a useless clown
I love the way u reason. We shouldn't let party sentiment play a part in making decisions.

1 Like

Re: INEC Announces Dates For Ekiti, Osun Governorship Elections by senatordave1(m): 10:56am On Oct 06, 2017
Firefire:

That is kworuption.

How can a president & the INEC chairman comes from the same side of the country ?

Will there be free & fair election when your kinsman is involved? NO!

There is already an intent for bias & manipulation.

Good luck to Nigerians...

You are a disappointment and a liar.first,you said inec chair is from the same village from buhari when buhari is from katsina and mahmoud is from bauchi? From bauchi to katsina is as far as from lagos to calabar.so if i am the president and from cross river and i appoint someone from ogun to be inec chair,hes my my kinsman abi?
Looking at the second issue raised about the president and the inec chair not coming from the same region,you lie.there is a precedent set by obasanjo who appointed abel guobadia and maurice iwu from the south as inec chairmen.who says that buhari cannot even appoint southerners who are loyal to him like prof tam david west as inec chairman? Behave yourself oh.you were one of those who attacked buhari for appointing aisha ahmad ad deputy cbn governor yesterday forgetting that she is replacing sarah alade who also hails from the north.

3 Likes

Re: INEC Announces Dates For Ekiti, Osun Governorship Elections by Firefire(m): 11:32am On Oct 06, 2017
senatordave1:

You are a disappointment and a liar.first,you said inec chair is from the same village from buhari when buhari is from katsina and mahmoud is from bauchi? From bauchi to katsina is as far as from lagos to calabar.so if i am the president and from cross river and i appoint someone from ogun to be inec chair,hes my my kinsman abi?
Looking at the second issue raised about the president and the inec chair not coming from the same region,you lie.there is a precedent set by obasanjo who appointed abel guobadia and maurice iwu from the south as inec chairmen.who says that buhari cannot even appoint southerners who are loyal to him like prof tam david west as inec chairman? Behave yourself oh.you were one of those who attacked buhari for appointing aisha ahmad ad deputy cbn governor yesterday forgetting that she is replacing sarah alade who also hails from the north.

Sorry, I am not responsible for your frustration.
Re: INEC Announces Dates For Ekiti, Osun Governorship Elections by INTROVERT1: 12:10pm On Oct 06, 2017
Odukol:

this same religion issue has been used as a tool to divide this country, not only the states but the whole country, I have no problem with whosoever emerge as the candidate, but as a youth and a good citizen, we should be concern on the best man to do the job. stop dividing us with your religious view......let the best man rule.

1 Like

Re: INEC Announces Dates For Ekiti, Osun Governorship Elections by obembet(f): 1:08pm On Jun 03, 2018
M

(1) (Reply)

Saraki: Apc’s Nightmare, Presidency’s Mortal Fear By Jude Ndukwe / Marketers Shutting Down Due To High Petrol Price —DAPPMAN / Okorocha Receives 3 Licenses From NUC For New Universities Established

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.