Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,879 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:57 AM

First Steps: How To Start A Business - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Steps: How To Start A Business (20856 Views)

Steps How To Avoid Been Scam Mini-importation / Four Easy Steps: How To Start A Dropshipping Business That Really Works / Steps/how To Make Money From Information Marketing In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Steps: How To Start A Business by jaybee3(m): 8:45am On Oct 06, 2017
UjSizzle:

Source http://mapsforbiz.com/2017/10/01/first-steps-start-a-business-2017/
Visit my blog and subscribe for more inspiring tips on smart business.

Come and employ me
Re: First Steps: How To Start A Business by donqx: 8:51am On Oct 06, 2017
good
Re: First Steps: How To Start A Business by chizzy4eazy(f): 8:53am On Oct 06, 2017
nice one @ op
Re: First Steps: How To Start A Business by Dollabiz: 8:54am On Oct 06, 2017
Good
Re: First Steps: How To Start A Business by Maxodus(m): 9:09am On Oct 06, 2017
Easy to say and write down.
Re: First Steps: How To Start A Business by pedrilo: 9:10am On Oct 06, 2017
As a business educator, the very first thing is for you to go and learn the trade.
Re: First Steps: How To Start A Business by UjSizzle(f): 9:24am On Oct 06, 2017
jaybee3:

Come and employ me
grin

You're hired!! kiss
Re: First Steps: How To Start A Business by tojahh(m): 9:24am On Oct 06, 2017
Business is capital.... And technical know-how
Re: First Steps: How To Start A Business by UjSizzle(f): 9:26am On Oct 06, 2017
oluwaseunhere:
Whoever compiled this may have never done business before. It doesn't always follow this structure.
How ever you decide to 'rearrange' the structure, the point is at one time or the other you will have to do the things on the list.
Re: First Steps: How To Start A Business by UjSizzle(f): 9:27am On Oct 06, 2017
Hardewarlee:
Thanks Op
You're welcome smiley
Re: First Steps: How To Start A Business by UjSizzle(f): 9:30am On Oct 06, 2017
luckypeace1980:
Nice write up, i will start my own business soon, but op i need an advice as i want to start fasion design company earlier next year, although i have started learning it since 3mnths ago now to have the idea. Although I am a graduate ; an architect but work is not just comming from clients as usual, i belief i will do beter when i establish the company while i also do my architecture and construction work at my own pace. I will engage contract employees who will work under my supervision in my fashion company. Pls op advice me on how to go with this business interms of starting it newly and sorting out fund. thank you.
are you considering a fashion design company or an architectural one?
Re: First Steps: How To Start A Business by Gravas(m): 9:32am On Oct 06, 2017
Nice.
Re: First Steps: How To Start A Business by younglawya(m): 9:50am On Oct 06, 2017
Consult a lawyer for the start up process.
Re: First Steps: How To Start A Business by lilreese: 9:58am On Oct 06, 2017
Amazing.
Re: First Steps: How To Start A Business by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 06, 2017
UjSizzle:
Not all businesses are capital intensive.
i have always known u to be a very creative fiction-like writer, just feelin my eyebrows raised to the fact that you are actually now giving some serious business lessons. "running a start-up business in dis current tough economy can be very soul-drilling with roi dwindling like fvck."
Re: First Steps: How To Start A Business by Virtualaccounts: 10:57am On Oct 06, 2017
Hello there smiley
Re: First Steps: How To Start A Business by Niggafckyou07(m): 11:08am On Oct 06, 2017
Nice pointers.... This is different from the relationship and sexual blogs floating nl.. Thanks for the share OP..
Re: First Steps: How To Start A Business by UjSizzle(f): 11:26am On Oct 06, 2017
GameKartel:
i have always known u to be a very creative fiction-like writer, just feelin my eyebrows raised to the fact that you are actually now giving some serious business lessons. "running a start-up business in dis current tough economy can be very soul-drilling with roi dwindling like fvck."
I'm a girl of many talent smiley

1 Like

Re: First Steps: How To Start A Business by jaybee3(m): 12:12pm On Oct 06, 2017
UjSizzle:

grin

You're hired!! kiss

Tenku Tenku

kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: First Steps: How To Start A Business by fizeul(m): 12:12pm On Oct 06, 2017
@op God bless you.
Re: First Steps: How To Start A Business by jaybee3(m): 12:12pm On Oct 06, 2017
Oya let me get serious by going back to read da whole ish...be right back!!!
Re: First Steps: How To Start A Business by jaybee3(m): 12:24pm On Oct 06, 2017
Okay here you go

You probably need to break the headings down or be a little more descriptive for dummies like myself.
Step 1: Why do you want to start a business, passion or as a necessity?
Step 2: Identify business gaps and Map out entry strategy
Step 3: Business Plan
Step 4: Testing ?
Re: First Steps: How To Start A Business by newacca: 12:47pm On Oct 06, 2017
luckypeace1980:
Nice write up, i will start my own business soon, but op i need an advice as i want to start fasion design company earlier next year, although i have started learning it since 3mnths ago now to have the idea. Although I am a graduate ; an architect but work is not just comming from clients as usual, i belief i will do beter when i establish the company while i also do my architecture and construction work at my own pace. I will engage contract employees who will work under my supervision in my fashion company. Pls op advice me on how to go with this business interms of starting it newly and sorting out fund. thank you.
I like your spirit of dynamism and I commend you for thinking towards another challenging profession. Though it may look daunting to handle bother profession successfully, but it is not impossible. I admit, it is not for the faint hearted.

I would advice you to come up with a creative and innovative plan in your career as an Architect and establish your firm first. It is more costly to setup and fashion company than to establish an Architectural firm. You may start by building portfolio of your work (both hardware and software) then start sharing it with your network (offline and online) Facebook,Instagram,Pinterest are valuable rescources at your disposal.

If you don't have portfolio, start building now. You may offer to design at low fee for people in your network so that you could build portfolio that is tangible and real, but let them realize you are offering the design at low fee to build your portfolio. If you are creative and good, your work will speak for you and your firm will grow, then you can move to the next dream of fashion smiley If you still have it in mind.

I'm a serial entrepreneur and Interior Architecture ( Interior Design ) student with interest in luxury design. At the moment, I am still studying and taking my time to build my portfolio and network. We may work together one day, we are in the same profession with few differences. You can also join professional association. You options are limitless. The only person that can stop you is the person you see each time you stare at the mirror. I wish you the best.
Re: First Steps: How To Start A Business by SaintChukz(m): 1:00pm On Oct 06, 2017
luckypeace1980:
Nice write up, i will start my own business soon, but op i need an advice as i want to start fasion design company earlier next year, although i have started learning it since 3mnths ago now to have the idea. Although I am a graduate ; an architect but work is not just comming from clients as usual, i belief i will do beter when i establish the company while i also do my architecture and construction work at my own pace. I will engage contract employees who will work under my supervision in my fashion company. Pls op advice me on how to go with this business in terms of starting it newly and sorting out fund. thank you.

If you're really serious about starting up a fashion design business and you reside in Lagos. I think you should grab the opportunity to sign up for an upcoming training this October being organised by Event Industry NG. You can look them up on social media @eventindustryng - Facebook/Instagram or @evntindustryng on Twitter.

Below is link to register for the courses. The Course categories include Fashion and design, Business Strategy etc.

http:///EIN17TrainingPG_MasterClass.

You can also send them questions on whatever is not clear to you at info@eventindustryng.org
Re: First Steps: How To Start A Business by UjSizzle(f): 1:07pm On Oct 06, 2017
jaybee3:
Okay here you go

You probably need to break the headings down or be a little more descriptive for dummies like myself.
Step 1: Why do you want to start a business, passion or as a necessity?
Step 2: Identify business gaps and Map out entry strategy
Step 3: Business Plan
Step 4: Testing ?
Roger that. Thanks booboo
Re: First Steps: How To Start A Business by SaintChukz(m): 1:11pm On Oct 06, 2017
[b]Event Industry NG Training Programme Masterclass 2017.

Do you want to start a business or learn a new skill in the event industry?

Are you ready to take your business to the next level?

Are you looking to position your enterprise as a 21st century business?

Do you want advice on scaling your business from our highly regarded experts?

Are you looking for new funding/investment opportunities?

Are you looking for new mentors to help support the development of both yourself and your business?

Then join in and apply to the Event Industry NG Training PG Masterclass 2017.

This is a series of training programmes for anyone looking to scale their ideas in the under listed areas:

Event Management and Planning.
Decoration.
Baking.
Catering.
Video and Photography.
Digital Media Marketing.
Fashion designing.
Business Success Strategy.

The first series of this programme is due to take place this October.

Attendance is by application only.

To register kindly go to the link provided below and apply:

http:///EIN17TrainingPG_Masterclass[/b]

@luckypeace1980 That's the information you'll find on their page. You can thank me later!
Re: First Steps: How To Start A Business by OLUWAcypris1(f): 2:14pm On Oct 06, 2017
God bless you ma'am for this
Re: First Steps: How To Start A Business by jaybee3(m): 2:23pm On Oct 06, 2017
UjSizzle:

Roger that. Thanks booboo

kiss kiss kiss
Re: First Steps: How To Start A Business by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 06, 2017
UjSizzle:
I'm a girl of many talent smiley
ok noted...
Re: First Steps: How To Start A Business by twaintoy(f): 5:13pm On Oct 06, 2017
With #3000 and your active facebook account with over 300 friends, you can join recad media and make #400 or more daily. If you are interested chat me up on whatsapp 09099156830 for more info.
Re: First Steps: How To Start A Business by DanielsParker(m): 5:56pm On Oct 06, 2017
seguno2:

Not at all necessary.
If in doubt, ask Bill Gates or the late Steve Jobs.
Why am I even sending you to far away America when you can easily ask Oluwaseun Osewa, owner of nairaland? You can also ask the dry cleaners who started off as ordinary laundry men.
Did the Bible not say that we should not despise humble beginnings?
Talking of which, you should find out whether Oyedepo, Adeboye, Kumuyi etc had huge capital before starting their church business enterprises.

I understand where you are coming from, but how many of us will have that patience to start with a humble beginning?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Entrepreneur Turns Boeing 747-Jet To A 27-room Hostel / Oil Price Rises Above $40 Per Barrel, OPEC mend Fences. / Amazon Beats Apple And Google To Become The World’s Most Valuable Brand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.