Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX (45545 Views)

Tecno Spark 5 Pro Review - Damn! The Cameras Are Quite Good / Should You Buy The Infinix S4 For The Cameras? / Tecno Camon X Vs Tecno Camon CX : Comparison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX by spartacus11(m): 3:03pm On Oct 06, 2017
sinaj:
I envy ur full ba3 nd ntwk cry

Now u see y I gently leave d MTN and Miui to continue their romance
Re: Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX by Donsammi(m): 3:04pm On Oct 06, 2017
spartacus11:

Screen nor b hardware abi?

Note I didn't say MTK screen was better Dan SD with d two device i only said i prefer d latter which came down to preference
ooh

I don get u well

preference too.

preferred mtk cus of easy handling and unbricking. I port roms alot.and some port might cause brick.

screen nah hardware joor.
misunderstood ur last post bro.
Re: Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX by spartacus11(m): 3:06pm On Oct 06, 2017
Donsammi:

ooh

I don get u well

preference too.

preferred mtk cus of easy handling and unbricking. I port roms alot.and some port might cause brick.

screen nah hardware joor.
misunderstood ur last post bro.

On point.........
Re: Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX by MizMyColi(f): 3:15pm On Oct 06, 2017
Gptech, this is the detail of both Camera lens.

XIAOMI

Redmi Note 4 takes images that are crisp, clear, and full of light with an improved 13MP CMOS camera with backside illumination (BSI) and larger pixels.Colours are true-to-life with little distortion on a high-performance image signal processor (ISP) and 5-piece lens.It also comes with Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF) for[b] 0.1s ultra-fast focusing,[/b] which is especially useful for shooting moving objects.

TECNO CX

16MP back camera captures awe-inspiring pictures in clarity. The 6P lens is paired with Sony Exmor R IMX298 image sensor and F/2.0 aperture to enter 20% more light for brighter images. Blue glass is used as IR cut filter lens to effectively remove flare and ghost images. PDAF enabled, it focuses in 0.1s to record every wonder.

http://www.mi.com/in/note4/camera/

https://www./camon-cx/
Re: Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX by sinaj(f): 3:18pm On Oct 06, 2017
spartacus11:

Now u see y I gently leave d MTN and Miui to continue their romance
lol

Mtn data drains too much jare! I cnt be doing 1k weekly donation to dem jore sad

I just hope miui falls inlove with glo sad
Re: Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX by MizMyColi(f): 3:19pm On Oct 06, 2017
cheesy
spartacus11:
MizMyColi ur submission dey one make me drop recharge card for ur line, but but I Dey try hold my peace

grin grin grin grin

Lol
Abeg let the spirit lead grin
Re: Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX by judajix(m): 3:46pm On Oct 06, 2017
It's very funny how pple still think the no of pixels on a camera has anything to do with the picture quality, the important factors that determine the quality and clarity of an image are the sensor, aperture, shutter speed, lens size, sensor type, year of production(the latter the better) sometimes the brand too....the mega pixel you see the maximum image dimensions you can get from the camera....and last but not the least optimization which is very important, and tecno have done very well with interpolation and over saturation alongside some default filters,
Re: Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX by MizMyColi(f): 3:54pm On Oct 06, 2017
judajix:
It's very funny how pple still think the no of pixels on a camera has anything to do with the picture quality, the important factors that determine the quality and clarity of an image are the sensor, aperture, shutter speed, lens size, sensor type, year of production(the latter the better) sometimes the brand too....the mega pixel you see the maximum image dimensions you can get from the camera....and last but not the least optimization which is very important, and tecno have done very well with interpolation and over saturation alongside some default filters,

Yeah, now that I think of it...Over saturation is the word for CX, not Note 4.
Re: Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX by spartacus11(m): 4:43pm On Oct 06, 2017
judajix:
It's very funny how pple still think the no of pixels on a camera has anything to do with the picture quality, the important factors that determine the quality and clarity of an image are the sensor, aperture, shutter speed, lens size, sensor type, year of production(the latter the better) sometimes the brand too....the mega pixel you see the maximum image dimensions you can get from the camera....and last but not the least optimization which is very important,

and tecno have done very well with interpolation and over saturation alongside some default filters,

At bolded. So others can take note
Re: Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX by spartacus11(m): 4:46pm On Oct 06, 2017
MizMyColi:

XIAOMI

Redmi Note 4 takes images that are crisp, clear, and full of light with an improved 13MP CMOS camera with backside illumination (BSI) and larger pixels.Colours are true-to-life with little distortion on a high-performance image signal processor (ISP) and 5-piece lens.It also comes with Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF) for[b] 0.1s ultra-fast focusing,[/b] which is especially useful for shooting moving objects.

TECNO CX

16MP back camera captures awe-inspiring pictures in clarity. The 6P lens is paired with Sony Exmor R IMX298 image sensor and F/2.0 aperture to enter 20% more light for brighter images. Blue glass is used as IR cut filter lens to effectively remove flare and ghost images. PDAF enabled, it focuses in 0.1s to record every wonder.

CX
Sony Exmor R IMX298 image sensor

I booked dis as a reference

1 Like

Re: Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX by AyoPanache: 5:07pm On Oct 06, 2017
Death and Disease aren't same thing. Camon CX all the way.
Re: Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX by Gptech(m): 5:09pm On Oct 06, 2017
MizMyColi:

XIAOMI

TECNO CX

Chai, abeg if na the IMX298 CX use then ayam really disappointed ooo, but I still doubt sha shocked. That camera sensor suppose output far better pics as this.

1 Like

Re: Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX by Gptech(m): 5:10pm On Oct 06, 2017
spartacus11:

CX
Sony Exmor R IMX298 image sensor

I booked dis as a reference
Me too grin?
Re: Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX by spartacus11(m): 5:12pm On Oct 06, 2017
Gptech:

Me too grin?
U be pro I go lik u investigate dat.
Re: Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX by Gptech(m): 5:14pm On Oct 06, 2017
MizMyColi:

Pray tell, How did I insinuate? If someone comes and says his phone has 20MP, and mine is 8MP...ordinarily what does that suggest to you? It should suggest that his own is better than mine. Then I tell him...come, nuh be mouth, use your own snap, make I use my own snap, then let's see which is truly better. I think you are the one misunderstanding me here. According to the manufacturers, Tecno claims theirs is 16MP, Xiaomi claims theirs is 13MP....Specs wise, Tecno's is higher. But then, we still have to look at the performance. That is why I titled this topic battle of the cameras.

Trust me, It all boils down to personal preference.
It is also not about what I say. yes, I did agree that the phone has fine, vivid colour detailing.
On the other thread, you talked about the sky...and I told you that that sky is not original. That is not how the sky looked when I snapped. It's like the image of the sky was configured to mAke it less shiny. It was really sunny out there. but it made the whole thing look cool.
Xiaomi Note 4 makes images appear cool. Tecno Camon CX makes images appear sharp.

Users are left to say which they prefer.
The images are there for all to see. I have neither tampered with any of the cameras.

Personally, I love both Cameras. But I choose the image presentation of Camon CX.
Ok, make I agree say I misunderstand u for d megapixel ish, but on the issue of personal preference, I strongly disagree, especially after viewing the pics on PC, the CX did a bad job with the clouds especially. I doubt if there will be any argument on this, if everyone views this on pc.
Re: Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX by Gptech(m): 5:15pm On Oct 06, 2017
spartacus11:

U be pro I go lik u investigate dat.
Torch don on already ooo grin.
Re: Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX by Gptech(m): 5:20pm On Oct 06, 2017
sinaj:
When i wanted to get the redmi note 4, the camera discouraged me due to the controversial comparism but i went ahead to get it coz of some other features it has nd thought of using camera apps to complement the camera just incase it isnt good enough for me.

But the camera beat my expectation on getting the phone nd I wnt evn need the beauty apps after all wink

Ntwk wnt evn let me load puctures sad (glo with pride indeed)
We caused this by calling a spade a spade, we said the camera is average (actually comparing with high end devices), before we knew we started hearing funny comments like the Infinix hot 4 is far better, not to even talk of camon cx grin. Na wetin prompt camera reviews for d thread, and so far, if the Redmi note 4x na d standard of average camera, then the Camon CX, Infinix note 4 and co na below average cameras dem carry, enough of the unnecessary hype.

1 Like

Re: Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX by sinaj(f): 5:26pm On Oct 06, 2017
Gptech:

We caused this by calling a spade a spade, we said the camera is average (actually comparing with high end devices), before we knew we started hearing funny comments like the Infinix hot 4 is far better, not to even talk of camon cx grin. Na wetin prompt camera reviews for d thread, and so far, if the Redmi note 4x na d standard of average camera, then the Camon CX, Infinix note 4 and co na below average cameras dem carry, enough of the unnecessary hype.
The camera is actually very kul. Was awed maybe coz i was xpecting smtin less.
Re: Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX by ubev01(m): 5:39pm On Oct 06, 2017
spartacus11:

And u know Chinese users prefer MTK over SD right? At least I knew that from d xiaomites

NO sir, in China Huawei leads (kirin) oppo follows (sd), vivo (sd), apple and Xiaomi completes the top 5. Xiaomi has released like 12 phones this year alone, all minus just 1 is sd. No single mtk. Where is your fact coming from them sir?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX by spartacus11(m): 7:53pm On Oct 06, 2017
ubev01:

NO sir, in China Huawei leads (kirin) oppo follows (sd), vivo (sd), apple and Xiaomi completes the top 5. Xiaomi has released like 12 phones this year alone, all minus just 1 is sd. No single mtk. Where is your fact coming from them sir?
Dey was a day d discuss was in d other room, u know u went on holiday na, and it was a statement no guru challenge, and i even ask to clarify maybe GrandMufti can help with this
Re: Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX by GrandMufti: 8:08pm On Oct 06, 2017
spartacus11:

Dey was a day d discuss was in d other room, u know u went on holiday na, and it was a statement no guru challenge, and i even ask to clarify maybe GrandMufti can help with this

We were comparing note 4 variants. The Chinese prefer the mtk variant that's why they first usually launch the mtk variant of the note series first before the sd variant. Perhaps it's designed to their taste. I'm not sure why
Re: Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX by spartacus11(m): 8:18pm On Oct 06, 2017
GrandMufti:

We were comparing note 4 variants. The Chinese prefer the mtk variant that's why they first usually launch the mtk variant of the note series first before the sd variant. Perhaps it's designed to their taste. I'm not sure why

OK that's, yeah you are right

ubev01 here u hav it, and mind u dis are one of d best men wen it comes to passing info.
Re: Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX by Ennyholar: 8:20pm On Oct 06, 2017
The image quality of both devices are really close
It's really hard to choose the best or the better device here..

1 Like

Re: Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX by GrandMufti: 8:22pm On Oct 06, 2017
spartacus11:

ubev01 here u hav it, and mind u dis are one of d best men wen it comes to passing info.

I have no idea of what you're talking about grin
Re: Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX by spartacus11(m): 8:26pm On Oct 06, 2017
GrandMufti:

I have no idea of what you're talking about grin

You're my oga for a reason na.
Re: Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX by ubev01(m): 9:36pm On Oct 06, 2017
spartacus11:

The boss said note 4 variants, that says it all
Re: Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX by Flashh: 10:27pm On Oct 06, 2017
This thread has no head. Comparing Xiaomi with substandard Tecno.

Why would over-talked phone(Canon CX) on Nairaland still be making front-page by this time of the year?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX by neonly: 10:31pm On Oct 06, 2017
HTC 11 all d way grin grin
Re: Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX by WrathOfHadez(m): 10:33pm On Oct 06, 2017
MizMyColi:
cheesy
cheesy

Don't worry. I won't be bias. And you can count on me to be true to you.

I will present the merits and demerits of both phones' cameras.

Please understand that this is not a full review.

I am focusing on the cameras alone.

Well let's do this, shall we?
grin

Why are you bent on misleading the masses?

Why would you compare Xiaomi a global brand to Tecno which is hiding in one or two African countries cutting international benchmark and standards?

Pair Tecno up with infinix, itel. These are fellow brands not meeting International standards and certification!

5 Likes

Re: Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX by theapeman: 10:34pm On Oct 06, 2017
MizMyColi:

My winner would be the CX.

Ordinarily there would be no need for this comparison, camera specs wise.
because, the CX has greater megapixels.
But then, I have heard so much of how tecno's CX pales in comparison to Note 4, despite all that. So I really wanted to see stuff for myself and I can honestly say that I think otherwise. I do not really think of any as a winner. If any, then it would be by very slight margins.

I was given the impression that I would throw away Camon CX if I touch Note 4. I have to admit that Note 4 packs stuff that makes the device interesting. I still love my Camon CX none the less and there are reasons, cogent reasons why I would not trade it for a Xiaomi note 4.

There are also reasons why I would not trade Note 4 with CX.

So, for me, they are both great devices really. but I'm inclined to Love CX more.
tecno CX don bribe this girl undecided

this rubbish CX with interpolated camera mp!

comparing shiit with phone undecided who does that?

3 Likes

Re: Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX by iaamxavier(m): 10:41pm On Oct 06, 2017
MizMyColi:
Up next is the Tecno Camon CX

I am impressed as well and I love the way the CX adds life to images, brings out colours and make stuff look finer than it is in real life.

Tecno's Camon CX does fantastically well in daylight, without flash.

location sabo yaba
Re: Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX by mindtricks: 10:41pm On Oct 06, 2017
Gptech:

Wrong, the reverse is the case, it was the Camon Cx that was overhyped for its camera, some even said its on par if not better than the iPhone 6. You are also wrong to say the CX should have a better camera because of its higher mega pixel, there are whole lots of factors that affect how good a camera will perform.
Even though people may think I am biased, the Redmi note 4 did better, it shot the cloud better without overexposing it like the Camon did, it also has more details from the indoor shots.
Bros, you don't want to think this is worth your precious time.
Imagine these folks fighting a lost battle, rather than accept their fate and move on.

Tecno vs Xiaomi is more like:
Crap vs Class.

These cats are clowns. I won't even want to touch that Camon whatever with a ten-foot pole!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

TECNO Takes A Jab At Apple In A Cryptic Post (Photo) / Whatsapp Is About To Stop Working On Windows And Some Android/ios Phones / Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.