Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

Question For Holders Of Nigerian Passports Going To Nigeria. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Question For Holders Of Nigerian Passports Going To Nigeria. (4740 Views)

South Africa Now Visa-Free For Nigerian Official & Diplomatic Passport Holders / No Confirmation For Payment Made To SW Global LLC For Nigerian Passports / The Following Countries Are Visa-free For Nigerian Passport Holders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question For Holders Of Nigerian Passports Going To Nigeria. by abyte: 5:51pm On Mar 08, 2010
I was wandering if anyone could clarify if I could still fly into Nigeria with my old unexpired passport. I intend to get the new E passport once in Lagos.
This would be mid April this year.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Question For Holders Of Nigerian Passports Going To Nigeria. by Vicjustice: 5:59pm On Mar 08, 2010
abyte:

I was wandering if anyone could clarify if I could still fly into Nigeria with my old unexpired passport. I intend to get the new E passport once in Lagos.
This would be mid April this year.

Thanks in advance.
   Is it indicated in your valid passport that it is illegal to use it once a new version of the Nigerian passport is out?
Re: Question For Holders Of Nigerian Passports Going To Nigeria. by abyte: 6:16pm On Mar 08, 2010
No it is not but while I was in Nija last Xmas a customs lady said that will be the last time I'll be able to enter with it. Not sure if she just wanted a bribe or not but I didn't get a chance to get the new one before I left.
Re: Question For Holders Of Nigerian Passports Going To Nigeria. by kafolayan: 7:26pm On Mar 08, 2010
If it has not expired, you can use it even with 2 wks to expiry date. Speaking from personal experience
Re: Question For Holders Of Nigerian Passports Going To Nigeria. by abyte: 7:56pm On Mar 08, 2010
k*afolayan:

If it has not expired, you can use it even with 2 wks to expiry date. Speaking from personal experience

thanks. Just to be 100% sure, I was told, post Jan 1st 2010, my un-expired old passport was going to be invalid. So this is untrue then. Sorry if I'm being pushy but the more drama I can avoid at Muritala the better smiley
Re: Question For Holders Of Nigerian Passports Going To Nigeria. by kafolayan: 10:44pm On Mar 08, 2010
Far as I know, the new epassport becomes mandatory sometime next year so can still use ur old one
Re: Question For Holders Of Nigerian Passports Going To Nigeria. by kafolayan: 10:48pm On Mar 08, 2010
You Are Here: Home » Africa » Nigerian Immigration Service to Replace National Passport with ECOWAS E-passport

Nigerian Immigration Service to Replace National Passport with ECOWAS E-passport
Posted on admin on January 3, 2010 // 2 Comments The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) has announced that Nigeria’s international passport would be replaced and would cease to be officially recognized by December 30, this year.

The NIS Public Relations Officer, Ekpedeme King, told APA that the passport would be replaced with the harmonized e-passport of the Economic Community of West African State (ECOWAS).

“It is only the ECOWAS e-passport that will be acceptable as from January 1, 2011 in Nigeria,” he said.

The policy, he said, would affect nationals from other West African countries as their national passports would no longer be acceptable except the ECOWAS e-passport.

“For now, both the nation’s machine readable passport and ECOWAS e-passport are used to enable holders to regularize and obtain the new passport,” he said.

King explained that in order to obtain the new e-passport, applicants would be required to submit several documents including a local government letter of identification, birth certificate or age declaration, and two recent passport-sized photographs.

Source African Press Agency

Net News Publisher
Re: Question For Holders Of Nigerian Passports Going To Nigeria. by abyte: 11:20pm On Mar 08, 2010
Thank you so much.
Re: Question For Holders Of Nigerian Passports Going To Nigeria. by hugooh42(m): 6:41am On Mar 11, 2010
so for me that live abroad and wants to travel home after january 2011.i will not be allowed to enter naija with my valid old passport?please i need an answer.
Re: Question For Holders Of Nigerian Passports Going To Nigeria. by joxiri: 1:30pm On Mar 11, 2010
@ hugooh

No you wont be allowed to trave in to nigeria
unless its the new e-passport, I wil advise you to get it as soon as because i sense a huge demand towards the end of this year when the old passport is completely phased out
Re: Question For Holders Of Nigerian Passports Going To Nigeria. by mikkyangel(m): 6:27pm On Mar 13, 2010
hugoo42,
where do you reside? i heard u can renew the Ecowas passport in Germany and Spain, Am tryin to renew mine too,though it will expire by jan 2012, but i need to renew it now so as to apply for long term visa' or immigration purpose, i live in Poland.
Re: Question For Holders Of Nigerian Passports Going To Nigeria. by mikkyangel(m): 6:31pm On Mar 13, 2010
Sorry i meant long term visa to Canada or migration purposes to Denmark or Canada
Re: Question For Holders Of Nigerian Passports Going To Nigeria. by hugooh42(m): 4:09pm On Mar 15, 2010
i live in Hong Kong. i will visit nigeria mission here to find out myself.Thanks for the information anyway
Re: Question For Holders Of Nigerian Passports Going To Nigeria. by regyduet: 10:00am On Mar 17, 2010
was wandering if anyone could clarify if I could still fly into Nigeria with my old unexpired passport. I intend to get the new E passport once in Lagos.
This would be mid April this year

ABYTE:
I CAN TELL YOU AUTHORITETIVELY THAT YOU CAN STILL FLY IN WITH THE OLD PASSPORT THEY ARE STILL RUMORS THAT ITS MOST LIKELY THAT IT WILL BE OF NO USE B FORE MID 2010 CUS I ACTUALLY DID THE EPASSORT FOR A FRIEND THAT JUS CAME BACK LAST MONTH WITH THE OLD ONE AND I THINK HE LL B GOING BACK THIS WEEK . I WILL B WILLING TO HELP AS REGARDS TO GETTING THE E PASSPORT CUS I ACTUALLY DO THE PROCEESSING WITH THE NIS

REGARDS, REGINALD(08067640762) rebuntorhyme@yahoo.com
Re: Question For Holders Of Nigerian Passports Going To Nigeria. by regyduet: 10:06am On Mar 17, 2010
As regards to the guy who talked about getting the e passport overseas yes you can but sometimes you have to travell long distances to get it ,cus i heard you can get in atlanta in the usa not very sure abt that but as for here in nigeria which i believe is adviceable i can help with necessary requirements you need in getting the e passport as regards to the online payment and document cus i gat links to the nis in lagos.

reagards REGINALD (08067640762) rebuntorhyme@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Visa And Legalization Appointment @ Spanish Embassy Nigeria / Good Hotels In Badagry , Lagos State ? / For American Invitation Letter And Contact Also An Officer In The Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.