Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success (30721 Views)

4 Kinds Of Behavioural Attitude Exhibits Of Smart People / How To Deal With Friends That Don’t Want To Pay For Your Services / 8 Kinds Of People Every Talented Person Need In Order To Succeed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 06, 2017
4 Kinds of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success

By Johnspeak Uwangue (Motivational Speaker, Talent Manager and Coach)

If success is what you seek in life; business, career, Job, Marriage, relationship etcetera, then you must learn to avoid these four kinds of friends. Friends are supposed to help us grow, discover those unique abilities and strength we never knew we had. But if you always find yourself slowing down in the pursuit of your vision, dreams or ideas, you need to check the friends you keep. It's easier to always blame our strategies and enemies for our failures but oftentimes, our principles may be right but our so called friends may be the ones working against our success directly or indirectly.
This week, I will be sharing with you just four kinds of friends out of many that are hindering your success.

- The Parasitic

Parasitic friends are those who are always taking from you and not giving back in return. The most annoying part of this kind of friends is that they will spend your money or use your stuff and keep theirs. This kind of friends always pretend not to have meanwhile, they may even have more than you. One easy way to know this kind is that when you refuse or doesn't have to give them, they automatically turn you to a bad person. Parasitic friends will never let you go until they have sucked you dry. In the pursuit of your vision, dreams or ideas, you will have to let go of them otherwise, they may end up taking the little resources that you should have used to take your vision, ideas, talents and dreams forward.

- The Pharisees and The Saducees

The P&S friends are those friends who always feel that they know more than you. They will always point out a reason or two why you may not succeed sometimes with proofs and their personal experiences to back it. These friends are too far to see and too sad to see. I used to have friends like this who always told me to abandon my vision and ideas and follow the herd. They always told me that dreams don't come through in this part of the world. They don't care about your vision, and can't fathom why a little boy or girl like you could have such a great vision.

- The Mockers and Complainers

Being mocked can have psychological effects on people especially if they are your friends. It's easier to turn deaf to the mockeries of people who are outside your friendship zone. Complaining weakens great talents. When you hangout with Complainers, in a short time, you may find yourself complaining too instead of strategizing on how to move forward. Please understand that we need critics in order to be able to perfect our products and services, but when those critics are our friends and are doing it out of hatred then, there is a problem.

- The Unsupportive

Unsupportive friends are those who never complain or mock you but will never support your dreams and vision. In the pursuit of our dreams, we need all the supports that we can get. Unsupportive friends will leave you to struggle alone without a little support and are always the first to complain that you've abandoned them when you start reaping the fruits of your labours.
Whether we want to or not, we all need friends. Friends who are not parasitic, Pharisees and Saducees, Unsupportive, Mockers and Complainers, but friends who will stand by us through the thick and thin until we start reaping the fruits of our labours.

Succeed You Must!

©Johnspeak Uwangue
Motivational Speaker, Talent Manager and Coach

56 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by Ermacc: 3:34pm On Oct 06, 2017
motivational speakers always making it look like there's a practical approachto everything with an accuracy of 100%. while I'll agree with your points, You can't tell which of these friends will be a catalyst to the success you seek. Knowing their limits and the kind of people they are, it's better to apply wisdom is our individual relationship with them rather then totally discarding them totally. Life has unexpected twist and turns.

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by 9jvirgin(m): 3:34pm On Oct 06, 2017
Some friends will tell you not to do something but they will go ahead do same.

4 Likes

Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by iamchybs(m): 3:34pm On Oct 06, 2017
Good one

Firstly, One must make sure (s)he doesn't make the list in the 4 categories ...

3 Likes

Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by daewoorazer(m): 3:35pm On Oct 06, 2017

How about The pretenders: they are the worst

They drink blood but spit very white saliva

Respect!

28 Likes

Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by djlaqua91(m): 3:35pm On Oct 06, 2017
All on point

1 Like

Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by jacoik(m): 3:35pm On Oct 06, 2017
You forgot to add judasians

5 Likes

Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by temitemi1(m): 3:35pm On Oct 06, 2017
noted!
Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by eeabdu(m): 3:35pm On Oct 06, 2017
Cant Stop Laughing

1 Like

Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by jbreezy: 3:35pm On Oct 06, 2017
Also, stay away from frnds dat will mak yu kill yursef in a drinking competition instead of giving yu d moni straightaway...i no mention David ooh

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by Finstar: 3:35pm On Oct 06, 2017
You have written well op. Whether you're smart or a dummy, it doesn't matter in this race of life. What matters is moving with the right friends who share the same dream and aspiration. Believe me, your success in life is tied to your friends. No matter how hard you work, the wrong friends will always bring you down. But if you're with the right friends, even if you fail in life, they will be there to help you rise up.

Take a look at your friends, do they look like ones who have a future? If they don't, then you're finished!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 06, 2017
and sadly I have all of them around me sad sad sad

2 Likes

Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by jacoik(m): 3:36pm On Oct 06, 2017
Corruption must be added
Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by sirkaebs: 3:36pm On Oct 06, 2017
Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 06, 2017
true...
some people are not worth bin friends with

8 Types of Poisonous People You Should Never Keep as a Friend

1 Like

Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by chimerase2: 3:36pm On Oct 06, 2017
undecided
Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by Diso60090(m): 3:37pm On Oct 06, 2017
What about the once wey nor get Success i hope friends nor get hand in side
Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by Sixaxis: 3:37pm On Oct 06, 2017
Well, so true..

Life is juz full of different fellows..
Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by ikes9(m): 3:37pm On Oct 06, 2017
The best thing is to have no friends at all,nowadays most 'friends' don't care bout yhu they only think about bringing yhu down

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by jacoik(m): 3:37pm On Oct 06, 2017
You forgot to add ferocious. That is feroe of Egypt

1 Like

Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by infogenius(m): 3:38pm On Oct 06, 2017
There is a rule of thumb,
"if you have a friend(s) that does not add value to you,
kindly ditch him or her"

4 Likes

Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by daisidgreat(m): 3:38pm On Oct 06, 2017
nice one
Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by adisabarber(m): 3:39pm On Oct 06, 2017
Lastly, friends that believe there is a guidebook on how to live your life.

You can move with wrong people and still be successful. You can move with right people and still be the only poor one among them. There is no manual on how to live a good life. Just do good. #samasedaada

4 Likes

Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by johnstar(m): 3:39pm On Oct 06, 2017
undecided

No new friends

F##k y'all niggas

2 Likes

Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by CynthiaChi(f): 3:43pm On Oct 06, 2017
Lol, so true
Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by tobiogunboye(m): 3:44pm On Oct 06, 2017
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by olumaxi(m): 3:50pm On Oct 06, 2017
Friends sha....what abt me weh b lone-ranger?
Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by AtheistSociety: 3:50pm On Oct 06, 2017
ATHEIST SOCIETY OF NIGERIA NATIONAL CONVENTION.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-bYqCGe1i8kI/WcoP6UgYjaI/AAAAAAAAAGQ/Uuo69Hg9bzYDAUukpN63N_8a324xxtlgQCLcBGAs/s320/Convention%2BNov%2B2017.png[/img]

The Atheist Society of Nigeria (ASN) is pleased to announce her first ever national convention slated to hold on the 11th of November, 2017 with the Theme: Road to Reason.

It promises to feature guest speakers from Nigeria, other countries in Africa and Europe, including Leo Igwe, an internationally recognised advocate for humanism in Nigeria and Bill Flavell, the new Vice-President of Atheist Alliance International (AAI).

It also promises to feature interactive sessions, talks on diverse topics related to atheism, science and religion in Nigeria. Also included in the program of events is a short video on evolution, a question and answer session immediately after and a space for “Ask an atheist.”

For details of registration and venue, please go to our website here

1 Like

Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by hanassholesolo: 3:53pm On Oct 06, 2017
L3G3ND:
and sadly I have all of them around me sad sad sad

I was going to say the same thing.
Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 06, 2017
hanassholesolo:

I was going to say the same thing.

don't judge me by my post here o grin grin
Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by neonly: 3:57pm On Oct 06, 2017
ikes9:
The best thing is to have no friends at all,nowadays most 'friends' don't care bout yhu they only think about bringing yhu down

On points

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Does One Become An Investment Banker ? / A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. / What Are The Career Opportunities For A Nutrition And Dietetics Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.