Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,959 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? (28807 Views)

Has Lionel Messi Surpassed The Status Of Pele, Maradona Or Zidane? / Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? / Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by dayokanu(m): 4:20pm On Mar 09, 2010
Because Denilson does more legover than Totti means he is better?
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by chic2pimp(m): 4:34pm On Mar 09, 2010
omar22:

I do respect other people’s opinion that’s why I won’t slag off people’s comments but to say Zidane overrated, is like saying Usain Bolt is not fast enough! Are we talking about the player that was voted the greatest European player EVER!!! By fellow Europeans and this is ahead of Best, Cruyff, Platini, Puskas, Van Basten, Gullit. Comparing Zidane to Goofy like compaing a F1 car to a NASCAR…

Zidane is not the greatest European player of all time.
I don't think a single player can lay claim to being the greatest european player of all time.

dayokanu:

I have a feeling that someone would kill me on Nairaland but not this soon

AHHHHH Jesu kristi oba Iye!!!!!!!!!! where is your face grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

denzel2009:

Hmmmm alagbara!

Hehehehehehehe grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Make una peeps no kill me for hia jor grin cheesy cheesy

Meldrick:

Ronaldinho is good but Zidane is like the god of football. His confidence on the pitch canm make anyother player look a toddler near him. The guy is simply phenomenal. Look what he did to Ronaldo in the world cup. Anyday Anytime Zidane.
What did he do?
He Simply flicked the ball over his head, that was all
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by slimshay(m): 5:02pm On Mar 09, 2010
Abedi Pele of Brazil. . . .ha ha ha ha ha!!! grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin I don die!!!!
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by botahj: 5:33pm On Mar 09, 2010
Hello everyone!!!

You all just create issues where there is none.

Those who say ronaldinho played in a softer league seem to amaze me with where and how they get their facts.
Note that Ronaldinho played for Paris st germaine (PSG) france, Barceleona and Ac Milan
while Zizou played for Bordeaux (France), (He left bordeaux for juventus after their superlative run in the 1996 UEFA Cup run in which they beat AC Milan enroute the final), Juventus and Real madrid.
So where is the softer league in which ronaldinho played in that zizou didnt play in?

Some said Ronaldinho had a mediocre tournament at Korea-japan but failed to realize that ronaldinho provided almost 70% of the goals assists for brazil at that tournament but ronaldo da lima and rivaldo took the glory.

As to the posters comments.- Both of them are good but i prefer ronaldinho
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by jalether(m): 5:45pm On Mar 09, 2010
slimshay:

Zizou overated?  shocked shocked shocked Responding to things like this sounds disrespectful to me.

Anyways to the comparisms, i just get the feeling people are more taken in with trickery in football than technique. Just like mentioning Dennilson who dribbles everybody on the pitch and ends up at the corner flag.

Zidane had far more immense technical ability to any player in this generation.

You are not making any sense at all dude

You are comparing Dennilson to the 2X WPOTY, I don't think tricky alone can win a prestigious award in footie.

what is your definition of technicality to start with?
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by jalether(m): 5:54pm On Mar 09, 2010
omar22:

You just proved the point, Goofy played left sided midfield for Brazil at the 2006 WC because the have Adriano and Ronaldo upfront, but struggled when he played on the left thats why Dunga prefers Robinho. but Rivaldo played both left side of a front 3 for Brazil 2002 and Barcelona ,and played left midfield for Brazil in 1998,  and still perform,  if Dinho cant adapt then it shows his limitation in his ability,  at the 1998 WC Zidane played in a Midfield 3 with Deschamp and Petit, he played in a midfield 2 at Juve with Edgar David, he played behind the front 2 strikers or Lone striker for France,  for Madrid he played on the left in front of Roberto Carlos, 

Situation or problems does not make a man, IT REVEALS THE MAN

You see everything that Okocha lacked Zidane had it,  thats timing and end product, Dinho had a bliss of 3 years,  France had to go on knees and beg Zidane out of retirement just to helt France qualify for the world cup,

Versatility is only a valuable asset but should never be a parameter for measuring a players quality

It's like this, William Gallas can play many position at the back including centre half and full back positions, does that make him better than Roberto Carlos or

Cannavaro who were/are less versatile.

In this case, it's the managers fault for playing him out of position, as far as I'm concerned, it's how well you are able to play your natural position that counts
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by chic2pimp(m): 6:09pm On Mar 09, 2010
jalether:

You are nott making any sense at all dude

You are comparing Dennilson with 2X WPOTY, I don't think tricky alone can win a prestigious award in footie.

what is your definition of technicality to start with?
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by ritchboy(m): 6:11pm On Mar 09, 2010
Dayokanu
were you born an idiot? Do you expect me to give examples for everything i say? Why not ask me for examples of when he played wide forward for Barca, m0ron!

Omar
the topic is about Zidane and Ronaldinho, not Rivaldo. And Ronaldinho is clearly more versatile than Zidane, so i dont know what you're on about.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by Sauron1: 6:13pm On Mar 09, 2010
@ Ritchboy,

List your top 10 footballers of all time.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by asha80(m): 6:29pm On Mar 09, 2010
Ronaldinho was more flambouyant but Zidane was more effective .
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by jalether(m): 6:35pm On Mar 09, 2010
chic2pimp:

grin grin grin grin grin

Close that teeth sharp sharp cheesy, see as the guy they disrespect ronnie sha angry
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by chic2pimp(m): 6:42pm On Mar 09, 2010
jalether:

Close that teeth sharp sharp cheesy, see as the guy they disrespect ronnie sha angry
Nah so we see am ooo grin
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by Armenian: 7:16pm On Mar 09, 2010
To poster:
YES

By the way, Zidane is the best european player in the last 100 years.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by spine: 7:27pm On Mar 09, 2010
no offense
but only a non- enlightened football lover would fail to identify zidane as the next best thing after pele and maradona (possibly falls a little short cos of the head butt saga)
pele himself attested to the fact. called him a MASTER OF FOOTBALL, he made it look like poetry,

zizou came head 2 head with ronnie many times or rather d other way round, and d international result speaks,

ronnie

zizou achieved a little more than ronnie, am sure u know ronnie cant ever be world footballer again. that alone makes it 3 to 2.he too has had his own great moment already,

ronnie is great, no doubt. coaches and captains usually vote d best every year , the dude you'll prefer to have in your team and d best performer, sometimes it goes beyond being d guy with the highest trickery and skill all the time.

you have to come to d stage, its not easy to drive your team to succeed in a world cup against brazil not just once,
anyway if in doubt refer to team of the decade and see what it has to say and who held which position.
Hala Zizou. grandmaster and c in c of football.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by omar22(m): 7:37pm On Mar 09, 2010
Zidane is not the greatest European player of all time.
I don't think a single player can lay claim to being the greatest european player of all time.

zIDANE WAS VOTED THE BEST eUROPEAN PLAYER EVER by Platini, Cruyff and formwer legends of the game

Name another European that has won 3 World player of the year title?
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by chic2pimp(m): 8:19pm On Mar 09, 2010
omar22:

zIDANE WAS VOTED THE BEST eUROPEAN PLAYER EVER by Platini, Cruyff and formwer legends of the game
No he wasn't.
The poll was conducted on the Internet where Individuals and lil kids who never saw the likes of Beckanbeur and Cruyff play voted for Zizou.

omar22:

Name another European that has won 3 World player of the year title?
Ballon D'or is the most prestigious Individual award in world football.
Those dudes don't hand out awards willy nilly unlike their Fifa counterparts.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by Sauron1: 8:25pm On Mar 09, 2010
chic2pimp:

No he wasn't.
The poll was conducted on the Internet where Individuals and lil kids who never saw the likes of Beckanbeur and Cruyff play voted for Zizou.

How can Zidane be the best European player ever?
Is Zidane better than George Best, Bobby Charlton, Gerd Muller or Cryuff?
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by chic2pimp(m): 8:39pm On Mar 09, 2010
~Sauron~:

How can Zidane be the best European player ever?
Is Zidane better than George Best, Bobby Charlton, Gerd Muller or Cryuff?
Exactly my point.
As I said I don't think any one player can lay claim to that Title.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by tayoast(m): 9:00pm On Mar 09, 2010
Of course its Zizou.

And some stupid local TV presenter asking pple 2 call-in & pick wu's better btw Zidane & Okocha(wat a sacrilege!!)
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by latepa(m): 9:11pm On Mar 09, 2010
Na Wa for this post, infact everybody that made a coment including me no well
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by annyplenty(m): 11:17pm On Mar 09, 2010
Zidane is more efficient, more poised, more purposeful. Zizou single-handedly neutralised and humiliated the midfield of brasil that contained Ronaldinho, Kaka, Robinho, Ze-Roberto and Ronaldo at the semi-final of 2006 world cup. Robinho could not hide his admiration and respect for the only professor of footballer that he had to go and doff for him after the match and Zizou had to pat him on the back.

Maradona once said that Zizou was the footballer the best controlling skills in history.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by collinx(m): 12:00am On Mar 10, 2010
Give me zizou any day and I will say c' est fini. Whether he achieved anything or nothing from your own analysis and point of view,where I stand is that he gave me value for the money and time I expended in watching him. No player has been able to make football look as simple as ABCD like him,cool ,calm collected consumate footballer!
Ronnie on the other hand is next with his showman football.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by mex004(m): 12:58am On Mar 10, 2010
Zidane Overrated ''NEVER''
He paid his dues
we call him mallam 'meaning tutor'
He is Better Than Ronaldinho
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by Kgdavid(m): 1:49am On Mar 10, 2010
Zidane had amazing technical ability. This guy had probably the most awesome control i have ever seen, killer through passes and the general ability to control a game.zidane is not over rated and though ronaldinho probably was better than him in terms of dribling skills alone, over all zidane shades it for me.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by Nnekie(f): 4:12am On Mar 10, 2010
Zidane now habaa!
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by dapsycool(m): 7:02am On Mar 10, 2010
[size=20pt]MAD[/size] people everywhere, comparing ZIDANE with some dicks, I feel like crying  cry angry
This is a serious offence, comparing a legend (Zidane) with Rooney, Bleep no!! I can't believe this. angry angry I don't know what to type. OMG, this must be brain damage  grin grin
Zidane>Ronaldinho>(thousands of players)>Rooney Equation balanced. cool cool cool
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by MrTA(m): 9:58am On Mar 10, 2010
Zidane anyday. Zizou was majestic. He dictated the game and overall play from the middle of the park. 'Dinho was pretty awesome as well no doubt but to be honest he only had maybe 3 years at the most when he was awesome. Zizou was awesome for the best part of a decade.

Hard to compare the 2 directly was dinho was more of a forward/attacker while zizou was a playmaker, attacking midfielder. So 'dinho will always get more goals and grab more headline as he position means he'll always play more in the final phases of the attack. While Zizou wont be in those positions as much.

For example Zizou was more likely to be supplying 'dinho who will either score or assist the striker. So it wont be a case of one or the other.

Watching Zizou, he was always so effortless in his control of the ball, in dribbling and setting up the play, spraying 60/70 yard passes all over the park. While 'dinho could do all those it wasnt as efforless. You could tell 'dinho wants you to know that's what he's doing and its a great piece of skill. Definitely he best player I have ever seen play the game.( I didnt see the best of Maradona) and just ahead of Ronaldo de Lima.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by mastroesco(m): 10:08am On Mar 10, 2010
I think Ronaldinho is one of the greatest footballers the world ever saw,
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by omar22(m): 11:36am On Mar 10, 2010

The Ballon D'or is been decided by Journalist, (newspaper writers)
FIFA World Player of the year is by Team Manager and Captains
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by kpolli(m): 12:28pm On Mar 10, 2010
who is this one who just started watching football that is comparing a retired footballer to one that is playin?
r u talking about them in their prime?
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by idifu(m): 12:34pm On Mar 10, 2010
Zidane is God, ppl should be worshiping the ground he walk on.
Ronaldinho will neva be no where near Zidane it's like comparing  an okada to a trailer
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by kayjegs: 4:04pm On Mar 10, 2010
Ronaldinho is good quite alright but Zidane is better. It is not about skills and flair with football. When it comes to skill, I will pick Okocha ahead of Dinho but Dinho was more constructive than Okocha with his skills or better say, he played in a good club than Okocha which really shot him to limelight. I mean playing for Barcelona after leaving PSG when he was on the bench when Okocha was playing there.

Zidane has been one of the best footballers of all times in recent times and cannot be classed with Ronnie. I think I will put Ronaldo de Lima as first, Zidane as second and perhaps Ronaldinho third , My perhaps shows that I might still consider Christian Ronaldo after some years of active play to be the third instead of Ronaldinho.

Respect Zidane please. Zidane was France team but Ronnie has never been Brazil team. Take note of that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 1) On 22nd February 2020 / Gbenga Okunowo Features As Real Madrid Legends Beat Barcelona Legends 3-2. / Barcelona Vs PSG : UCL (2 - 0) On 21st April 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.