Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,708 members, 7,802,127 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

TSTV Decoder: 6 Reasons Why Many People Would Obtain It - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / TSTV Decoder: 6 Reasons Why Many People Would Obtain It (45250 Views)

Titi Kuti: 6 Reasons Nigerian Women Love Ade Tiger In “King Of Boys” / Arin BBNaija: I Knew People Would Judge My Appearance On The Show / TSTV Decoder Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TSTV Decoder: 6 Reasons Why Many People Would Obtain It by kay29000(m): 8:13am On Oct 07, 2017
I'm buying because it is relatively inexpensive, and because i want Nigerian companies to grow.
Re: TSTV Decoder: 6 Reasons Why Many People Would Obtain It by dopedealer(m): 8:13am On Oct 07, 2017
The data aspect make brain sha other than various channels we get to benefit from . when i say TSTV you say Yo!

1 Like

Re: TSTV Decoder: 6 Reasons Why Many People Would Obtain It by Veeflow(m): 8:13am On Oct 07, 2017
DSTV for big men.. Gotv for poor men... Tstv for wise men grin grin

9 Likes

Re: TSTV Decoder: 6 Reasons Why Many People Would Obtain It by Wagasigiungu(m): 8:16am On Oct 07, 2017
bongolistik:
It is no longer news that a new Pay TV provider TSTV is in town and loads of people can't wait to start using TSTV in their homes.

But have you for once asked yourself on why so many people are eagerly waiting to obtain a TSTV decoder for themselves?

Well the fact is that, these are the 6 major reasons why many people can't wait to buy TSTV decoder

1. WiFi Internet Access – the top in the list of reasons on why many Nigerians would acquire the TSTV decoder is because of the Value Added internet access that TSTV is promising. Many Nigerians are not happy with the type of internet services that they are currently getting from the major GSM operators in the country. They consider the internet services from those GSM operators as poor, inefficient and most of all expensive, hence they will be quick to key into TSTV alternative.

2. Cost Effective – Many Nigerians see the product and services that TSTV are promising as very cheap, especially when compared with the cost of other similar Pay TV service providers in the country. With N5000 for the complete set of TSTV decoder and N3000 maximum monthly subscription, many would liken it as just a price for a box of pizza for the decoder set and 3 pieces of shawarma for the monthly subscription.

3. Indigenous – Ever since the clarion calls for the production, usage and promotion of locally manufactured goods and services in the country have thickened, coupled with the slogan "buy Naija to grow Naija" it might surprise you that many have indicated serious interest of acquiring TSTV decoder when it start selling just because TSTV is an indigenous pay TV provider.

4. Live EPL and La Liga matches – One of the common unifying factors in the country today is sport, and when it comes to sport entertainment, there is almost nothing that attracts loads of viewership especially on the part of the male folks in the country like the beaming of live English Premiership League (EPL) and Spanish league (La Liga) games in the front of their TV set. Many people would buy TSTSV just because TSTV promises to show live games from those foreign football leagues.

5. DSTV Service Charge – it might also surprise you that lots of folks out there are just tired of DSTV and they consider DSTV as being monopolistic on pay TV services in the country and also see DSTV monthly subscription costs as complete rip-off. Little wonder that it is just a handful of DSTV subscribers that watch DSTV Premium channels. Therefore, for many, anything that would reduce DSTV strength and monopoly in the pay TV business would be a welcome idea, thus many people can't wait to ditch their DSTV dish and replace it with a TSTV dish

6. New product with new concept – finally, the last but not really the least; as very common with Nigerians or simply say the Nigerian factor, there is nothing that is attractive to Nigerians as a new product in the market. Whenever new products are introduced into the Nigerian market, regardless of how the product and services would likely later turn out to become, there is always this initial rush, in similar manner that their ears would always stand at the sound of every launch event that introduce new smartphone into the market. Coupled with TSTV hybrid concept of watching TV at the same time surfing the internet, the idea is no doubt very attractive to many and thus getting a TSTV decoder set is a must for them.

Source: http://highteknology.com/2017/10/6-major-reasons-why-lots-of-people.html

I think one of the MAJOR reason why most Nigerians would opt to buy Tstv is simply this: 9ja folks even though we disagree on so many grounds amongst ourselves, we almost ALWAYS unite against foreign oppression or foreigners that decide to buy our market by calling us out. Lol.
To add salt to injury, DSTV has been reaping us off tey tey, together with their sister in exploitation, MTN.

In this instance, 9ja is a very complex entity to comprehend.

8 Likes

Re: TSTV Decoder: 6 Reasons Why Many People Would Obtain It by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 07, 2017
TStv will thrive, the naysayers on here are either rich kids whom their parents are paying TV bills, so they don't know how it feels, or killjoys who don't even own terrestrial antenna not to talk of GOtv, I've learned to ignore many things on here a long time ago.

1 Like

Re: TSTV Decoder: 6 Reasons Why Many People Would Obtain It by harizonal123(m): 8:19am On Oct 07, 2017
I'm buying cos of the pay as u go subscription. I hardly watch TV so I will have real value for my money. Data things too

2 Likes

Re: TSTV Decoder: 6 Reasons Why Many People Would Obtain It by hillarioux: 8:20am On Oct 07, 2017
Please help me out my village no get network to make calls, is it possible for me to get internet service with this TSTV as we are planning to go for Christmas, so that we can buy one?

1 Like

Re: TSTV Decoder: 6 Reasons Why Many People Would Obtain It by seangy4konji: 8:21am On Oct 07, 2017
I don't have a tv at home also any longer. Only watch tv when am at a bar.
AdeniyiA:

No TV in your house??
Are your a religion extremist?
Re: TSTV Decoder: 6 Reasons Why Many People Would Obtain It by LilSmith55(m): 8:23am On Oct 07, 2017
Coloradvantage:
na for data oo! who get time for TV... bros...

I swear na for data, ah no fit wait to download dat 12GB game wey I wan dowload. Ah go jst subscribe download game dey play am for laptop, anytime wey I need anoda game, I go subscribe
Re: TSTV Decoder: 6 Reasons Why Many People Would Obtain It by uscofield: 8:25am On Oct 07, 2017
Looking for a bae on nairaland that I can buy tstv for
Re: TSTV Decoder: 6 Reasons Why Many People Would Obtain It by Kaxmytex(m): 8:25am On Oct 07, 2017
ask yourself, which channel go show npfl, afcon, african world cup qualifiers....

i dey doubt there coverage sef, i go give dem 3month sha, jux to see dere stand

1 Like

Re: TSTV Decoder: 6 Reasons Why Many People Would Obtain It by nototribalist: 8:26am On Oct 07, 2017
dotman081:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjrNNA-jvhA
. So you want me to use my MTN data to stream your video abi? I will comfortably do that when I get my TSTV decoder.

Re: TSTV Decoder: 6 Reasons Why Many People Would Obtain It by nototribalist: 8:26am On Oct 07, 2017
uscofield:
Looking for a bae on nairaland that I can buy tstv for
go and meet bobrisky

1 Like

Re: TSTV Decoder: 6 Reasons Why Many People Would Obtain It by Coloradvantage(m): 8:27am On Oct 07, 2017
LilSmith55:

I swear na for data, ah no fit wait to download dat 12GB game wey I wan dowload. Ah go jst subscribe download game dey play am for laptop, anytime wey I need anoda game, I go subscribe
hahahah anything weh go make you happy sha.... but me no be for download of games sha.,, you still be my guy .... we need the data more...
Re: TSTV Decoder: 6 Reasons Why Many People Would Obtain It by Alao96(m): 8:30am On Oct 07, 2017
D.S.T.V must go
Re: TSTV Decoder: 6 Reasons Why Many People Would Obtain It by nototribalist: 8:31am On Oct 07, 2017
hillarioux:
Please help me out my village no get network to make calls, is it possible for me to get internet service with this TSTV as we are planning to go for Christmas, so that we can buy one?
Yes it's very possible, cos TSTV internet Network work with Satellite dish and they're in partnership with MainOne. And MainOne don cover all Nigerian states. So even if you go to sambisa as long as it's dish connection and MainOne Network you will get the same 4g fast Network. To know more go to MainOne website to know more. Tstv is not MTN Glo or Airtel Network. So TSTV cover all ground in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: TSTV Decoder: 6 Reasons Why Many People Would Obtain It by FellepHq(m): 8:37am On Oct 07, 2017
AdeniyiA:

No TV in your house??
Are your a religion extremist?

It's a distraction for me, I have better ways to entertain myself, reading being one.
Re: TSTV Decoder: 6 Reasons Why Many People Would Obtain It by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 07, 2017
The data will help boys... sa'se loru moju...
Re: TSTV Decoder: 6 Reasons Why Many People Would Obtain It by iamchybs(m): 8:41am On Oct 07, 2017
shurley22:
Too bad I won't be having one of these

Why ?
Re: TSTV Decoder: 6 Reasons Why Many People Would Obtain It by slimfairboy(m): 8:41am On Oct 07, 2017
My prayer is that they shouldn't be like Hi-Tv

1 Like

Re: TSTV Decoder: 6 Reasons Why Many People Would Obtain It by Andrella51(f): 8:46am On Oct 07, 2017
would have loved to buy it, but no ZEE WORLD or TELEMUNDO so DSTV still gat my money
Re: TSTV Decoder: 6 Reasons Why Many People Would Obtain It by shurley22(f): 8:46am On Oct 07, 2017
iamchybs:

Why ?

There's no TV in my house, hence no need for Tstv
Re: TSTV Decoder: 6 Reasons Why Many People Would Obtain It by malware: 8:46am On Oct 07, 2017
theNOISEmaker:
i can buy it just for that wifi feature..

What is the source of the internet network service for the TSTV? Was thinking they would also liaise with one of the ISPs or GSM service providers.... Educate me please.
Re: TSTV Decoder: 6 Reasons Why Many People Would Obtain It by MrSly(m): 8:47am On Oct 07, 2017
bongolistik:
It is no longer news that a new Pay TV provider TSTV is in town and loads of people can't wait to start using TSTV in their homes.

But have you for once asked yourself on why so many people are eagerly waiting to obtain a TSTV decoder for themselves?

Well the fact is that, these are the 6 major reasons why many people can't wait to buy TSTV decoder

1. WiFi Internet Access – the top in the list of reasons on why many Nigerians would acquire the TSTV decoder is because of the Value Added internet access that TSTV is promising. Many Nigerians are not happy with the type of internet services that they are currently getting from the major GSM operators in the country. They consider the internet services from those GSM operators as poor, inefficient and most of all expensive, hence they will be quick to key into TSTV alternative.

2. Cost Effective – Many Nigerians see the product and services that TSTV are promising as very cheap, especially when compared with the cost of other similar Pay TV service providers in the country. With N5000 for the complete set of TSTV decoder and N3000 maximum monthly subscription, many would liken it as just a price for a box of pizza for the decoder set and 3 pieces of shawarma for the monthly subscription.

3. Indigenous – Ever since the clarion calls for the production, usage and promotion of locally manufactured goods and services in the country have thickened, coupled with the slogan "buy Naija to grow Naija" it might surprise you that many have indicated serious interest of acquiring TSTV decoder when it start selling just because TSTV is an indigenous pay TV provider.

4. Live EPL and La Liga matches – One of the common unifying factors in the country today is sport, and when it comes to sport entertainment, there is almost nothing that attracts loads of viewership especially on the part of the male folks in the country like the beaming of live English Premiership League (EPL) and Spanish league (La Liga) games in the front of their TV set. Many people would buy TSTSV just because TSTV promises to show live games from those foreign football leagues.

5. DSTV Service Charge – it might also surprise you that lots of folks out there are just tired of DSTV and they consider DSTV as being monopolistic on pay TV services in the country and also see DSTV monthly subscription costs as complete rip-off. Little wonder that it is just a handful of DSTV subscribers that watch DSTV Premium channels. Therefore, for many, anything that would reduce DSTV strength and monopoly in the pay TV business would be a welcome idea, thus many people can't wait to ditch their DSTV dish and replace it with a TSTV dish

6. New product with new concept – finally, the last but not really the least; as very common with Nigerians or simply say the Nigerian factor, there is nothing that is attractive to Nigerians as a new product in the market. Whenever new products are introduced into the Nigerian market, regardless of how the product and services would likely later turn out to become, there is always this initial rush, in similar manner that their ears would always stand at the sound of every launch event that introduce new smartphone into the market. Coupled with TSTV hybrid concept of watching TV at the same time surfing the internet, the idea is no doubt very attractive to many and thus getting a TSTV decoder set is a must for them.

Source: http://highteknology.com/2017/10/6-major-reasons-why-lots-of-people.html
I have dstv and use it and I am comfortable with their services. I will also buy tstv. As an economist I know the impact of healthy competition on average income earners. SO LET THE COMPETITION BEGIN.

1 Like

Re: TSTV Decoder: 6 Reasons Why Many People Would Obtain It by Twrecks(m): 8:50am On Oct 07, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:
I hope TSTV is paying Nairaland massively for these advertiments?

Seun, if lalasticlala is not making you big money on this - probe him cheesy

1 Like

Re: TSTV Decoder: 6 Reasons Why Many People Would Obtain It by dfrost: 8:56am On Oct 07, 2017
Newsprex:
Not only that... grin grin

See the list of places you can get your TSTV decoder in Nigeria

http://www.prexblog.com/2017/10/list-of-places-states-locations-address.html

Post it here. I mean you get information from here atimes, so what's hard donating yours on this forum.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TSTV Decoder: 6 Reasons Why Many People Would Obtain It by iamchybs(m): 9:00am On Oct 07, 2017
shurley22:

There's no TV in my house, hence no need for Tstv
lol... Thou shall not lie on a Saturday morning
Re: TSTV Decoder: 6 Reasons Why Many People Would Obtain It by edeXede: 9:02am On Oct 07, 2017
johnstar:
cool

Dstv

&

Football viewing center

Bad market for dm
sad angry
Re: TSTV Decoder: 6 Reasons Why Many People Would Obtain It by Tolexandre: 9:04am On Oct 07, 2017
Am only buying it cos its indigenous. Make i no talk too much cos of dis mods whey dey ban person upandan and na dem worse pass undecided
Re: TSTV Decoder: 6 Reasons Why Many People Would Obtain It by uscofield: 9:04am On Oct 07, 2017
nototribalist:
go and meet bobrisky

Bobrisky's sex is undefined.
Re: TSTV Decoder: 6 Reasons Why Many People Would Obtain It by shurley22(f): 9:05am On Oct 07, 2017
iamchybs:

lol... Thou shall not lie on a Saturday morning

Lol...
Why would I wanna lie....
Re: TSTV Decoder: 6 Reasons Why Many People Would Obtain It by iamchybs(m): 9:07am On Oct 07, 2017
shurley22:

Lol... Why would I wanna lie....
Even me that hardly watches TV has TV ....lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Niyi Evicted From Bbnaija House / Bbnaija: Bikini Photos Of Jackye / Meet The Bbnaija All Stars Finalists (Top 6)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.