Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox (36390 Views)

Federal Government Denies Report Of Deliberate Injection Of Monkey Pox Virus / Monkey Pox: Stop Eating Bush Meat, Monkeys & Dead Animals - Health Minister / Monkeypox Outbreak Hits Bayelsa, Doctor, 10 Others Quarantined (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox by manci(m): 7:48pm On Oct 06, 2017
[quote author=chinaze4real post=61172040]BUHARI is the problem grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[all those that was wishing him dead are going one by one life is a gift from God no enemies prayers will take it from you until the time you're maker give you end ]
Re: Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox by Yusuf54: 7:50pm On Oct 06, 2017
NwaChibuzor:
iya baba e
grin
NwaChibuzor:
iya baba e
Odunnnnn O Fe Keeeeeeeeee cheesysmileycheesy
Re: Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox by Ugaboy: 7:57pm On Oct 06, 2017
echobazz:

Oya clap for yourself

U think I won't do that
Re: Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox by Oduok(m): 8:02pm On Oct 06, 2017
Order for your rubbbing alcohol-based hand sanitizer to prevent spreading. Check my signature and call us today.

1 Like

Re: Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox by PublicHealthNig: 8:03pm On Oct 06, 2017
Koolking:

Every disease seems to have similar symptoms, including HIV/Aids. I am wondering how we arrive at their various names
That's because the body's response mechanism is virtually thesame for most these infections
Re: Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox by back2sender: 8:05pm On Oct 06, 2017
Add Snakes to the list.
Re: Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox by holuwajobar(m): 8:11pm On Oct 06, 2017
Ugaboy:
Oh no
I took third
I just registered yesterday
Am already competing for ftc

What is even wrong with me

Less I forget
U don't need miss this opportunity
guy u funny oooo.... we r talking abt serious issues, u r there competiting for ftc.... asif seun will pay u money...
Re: Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 06, 2017
all yea consumers of snake be warned!
Re: Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 06, 2017
I'm not saying there's anything on this world without a purpose, but what exactly is the ecological importance of viruses in this world?
Re: Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox by LEXYCOM: 8:46pm On Oct 06, 2017
My neighbour's wife has been manifesting the first four of the symptoms listed. Am waiting to see the 5th & 6th symptoms before I run commit for yard grin.....i cannot come and die ooooo

1 Like

Re: Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox by diegwu01: 9:04pm On Oct 06, 2017
Can one get this through Suya or Asun?
if yes, my Friday Night is ruined. cry
Re: Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 06, 2017
Ugaboy:
Oh no I took third I just registered yesterday Am already competing for ftc
What is even wrong with me
Less I forget U don't need miss this opportunity

Just 3,000. Scam.
Re: Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox by lonelydora: 9:48pm On Oct 06, 2017
chinaze4real:
BUHARI is the problem grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Buhari or Jubrin?

1 Like

Re: Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox by eagleonearth(m): 11:18pm On Oct 06, 2017
muller101:
Snake pox.
lol pirate of the Caribbean
Re: Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox by queenmila(f): 12:06am On Oct 07, 2017
Thank you for this piece ogf information
Re: Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox by chinaze4real(m): 1:19am On Oct 07, 2017
Ugaboy:

And who is ur responsible for ur own problems

sorry i was not responsible for your predicament asked your father sister friend grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox by Syphonn(m): 8:16am On Oct 07, 2017
Fraudsters are all over the world. You can walk into their nests if you are not mindful of how you do things that relate to your finances. So what would you do? Would you rather protect your debit card against fraud or are you going to enrich on someone else without your notice?
With debit cards, however, it becomes an entirely different. You have to safeguard them very well with the mentality that thieves are all over. They have the capacity to take money directly from your accounts. That is why they are the major targets.

READ MORE
http://www.busygisting.com/ways-to-protect-your-debit-card-against-fraudsters/
Re: Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox by Alao96(m): 8:42am On Oct 07, 2017
in a certain episode of boondocks uncle ruckus warned us about this monkey box disease.....hehehe
Re: Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox by Martial9(m): 4:20pm On Oct 15, 2017
PublicHealthNig:
with monkeypox in Bayelsa and the minister of health warning Nigerians to avoid consuming bush meats and rodents, it has become imperative to sensitize the public about the infectious disease called monkeypox
Monkeypox is a rare viral zoonosis (a virus transmitted to humans from animals) with symptoms in humans similar to those seen in the past in smallpox patients, although less severe. Smallpox was eradicated in 1980.However, monkeypox still occurs sporadically in some parts of Africa.

Transmission of Monkeypox
Transmission of monkeypox virus occurs when a person comes into contact with the virus from an animal, human, or materials contaminated with the virus. The virus enters the body through broken skin (even if not visible), respiratory tract, or the mucous membranes (eyes, nose, or mouth). Animal-to-human transmission may occur by bite or scratch, bush meat preparation, direct contact with body fluids or lesion material, or indirect contact with lesion material, such as through contaminated bedding. Human-to-human transmission is thought to occur primarily through large respiratory droplets. Respiratory droplets generally cannot travel more than a few feet, so prolonged face-to-face contact is required. Other human-to-human methods of transmission include direct contact with body fluids or lesion material, and indirect contact with lesion material, such as through contaminated clothing or linens.

Symptoms

In humans, the symptoms of monkeypox are similar to but milder than the symptoms of smallpox. Monkeypox begins with fever, headache, muscle aches, and exhaustion. The main difference between symptoms of smallpox and monkeypox is that monkeypox causes lymph nodes to swell (lymphadenopathy) while smallpox does not. The incubation period (time from infection to symptoms) for monkeypox is usually 7−14 days but can range from 5−21 days.
The illness begins with:
• Fever
• Headache
• Muscle aches
• Backache
• Swollen lymph nodes
• Chills
• Exhaustion

Prevention of small pox

• Avoid contact with animals that could harbor the virus (including animals that are sick or that have been found dead in areas where monkeypox occurs).
• Avoid contact with any materials, such as bedding, that has been in contact with a sick animal.
• Isolate infected patients from others who could be at risk for infection.
• Practice good hand hygiene after contact with infected animals or humans. For example, washing your hands with soap and water or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Use personal protective equipment (PPE) when caring for patients.

Symptoms

In humans, the symptoms of monkeypox are similar to but milder than the symptoms of smallpox. Monkeypox begins with fever, headache, muscle aches, and exhaustion. The main difference between symptoms of smallpox and monkeypox is that monkeypox causes lymph nodes to swell (lymphadenopathy) while smallpox does not. The incubation period (time from infection to symptoms) for monkeypox is usually 7−14 days but can range from 5−21 days.
The illness begins with:
• Fever
• Headache
• Muscle aches
• Backache
• Swollen lymph nodes
• Chills
• Exhaustion

Stay Safe Avoid Bush Meats for Now

Source : http://www.publichealth.com.ng/all-you-need-to-know-about-the-monkeypox-disease/

I believe dis dreaded and highly contagious viral infection must av been imported probably from neighboring countries meanwhile still waiting for the sample sent to CDC for confirmation...
Re: Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox by ussy09(m): 6:07pm On Oct 16, 2017
Can those affected be treated completely
Re: Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox by globalmind68(m): 2:56pm On Oct 17, 2017
Monkey pox is a deadly disease. Beware of bush meat. Again maintaining good hygine will be helpful.
Re: Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox by Syphonn(m): 11:22pm On Oct 19, 2017
Healthy Tips to Help You Avoid Having Bad Breath

Bad breath odour vary, depending on the source or underlying cause. Some people worry too much about their breath even though they have little or no mouth odour, while others have bad breath and do not know it. Because it is difficult to assess how your own breath smells, you can ask a close friend or family member to confirm your breath.
Brushing the teeth every morning and evening and after meals help in protecting your mouth from bacterial infections that cause bad breath.

READ MORE: http://www.busygisting.com/healthy-tips-to-help-you-avoid-having-bad-breath/
Re: Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox by PropertyAsset: 4:53pm On Oct 20, 2017
We really need to be careful of these contageous number
Re: Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox by DIAMONDHELIXMED: 2:46pm On Dec 04, 2017
0700ambulance is to provide professional quality ambulance service and offer unique value added benefits to our wide range of clients. for more information please call 0700262852623

(1) (2) (Reply)

This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed / The Menace Of Sepe, Agbo-Jedi: Pile Herbal-Medicine / Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.