Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

EFCC Forced Me To Say I Collected Money N30million From Diezani – INEC Official - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Forced Me To Say I Collected Money N30million From Diezani – INEC Official (394 Views)

Three INEC Staff In Prison For Collecting N179.8m Bribe From Diezani (PHOTOS) / We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu / EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1)

EFCC Forced Me To Say I Collected Money N30million From Diezani – INEC Official by eyeview: 7:00am On Oct 07, 2017
A former staff of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Christian Nwosu. accused of taking a N30million bribe from former petroleum minister, Alison Madueke-Diezani,

by the Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) has said he was coerced to make the statement.

According to Sahara Reporters, Nwosu said he was threatened by EFCC boss to lie that he received N30million from the ex-minister who is currently facing several charges of fraud both in Nigeria and UK. Nwosu previously told a Lagos Federal High Court that he collected the sum of N30 million bribe from Dieziani Alison-Madueke, the former petroleum minister.

He said: “On the 28 of December, I was invited to EFCC, interviewed by one Mr. Moses and I made statements. He was about to let me go but he said his boss will want to see me. When Mr. Zakari came and read my statement, he said no, I have not written what he wants to hear and that he has signed my detention order form and was going to detain me and that even if I bring 10 lawyers, they won’t help me except I write what he dictate to me, he was going to keep me

. “He told me that Adedoyin had admitted collecting N28million and was released; that being a senior officer, there was no way I wouldn’t have not have benefitted by collecting up to N30million (sic). He said unless I stated that I benefitted N30million, he would dump me in the cell. I quickly told him I benefitted. He dictated to me that I should write it; I did. “I knelt before Rotimi and he said: ‘Baba get up; I’ll only advice you to cooperates with us. He said he would not want me to go through the stress of litigation. He asked if I had landed property and cars. He said I should write out the property worth N30million that I had. He said he would ensure that I was convicted and jailed at all cost if I didn’t cooperate.”

http://www.newsnuggetng.com/efcc-forced-say-collected-money-n30million-diezani-inec-official-cries/
Re: EFCC Forced Me To Say I Collected Money N30million From Diezani – INEC Official by Florblu(f): 7:33am On Oct 07, 2017
How exactly did they force you?
Pointed a gun to your head?
#BringBackDiezani
#BringBackTheFrogEyedWoman
Re: EFCC Forced Me To Say I Collected Money N30million From Diezani – INEC Official by Mynd44: 7:43am On Oct 07, 2017

(1)

Nigerian Army Begins Operation Crocodile Smile In Southwest / Trump Gets A Win In Court On Travel Ban / [video]: I'm Not A Senator Of Biafra - Senator Abaribe Explains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.