Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,802 members, 7,802,562 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years (15911 Views)

Sade Adu's transitioning Lesbian Daughter: Before & After Photos / Sade Adu Won Grammy Awards Four Times(photos) / Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by EloSela(f): 6:04pm On Mar 12, 2010
lol, I'm not fighting. I am just telling you that she is not known as a Nigerian artist. Yes everybody knows she was born in Nigeria and so no one is denying her roots. She is a British artist through and through. You can carry on busting a gut over this but fact is fact!
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 12, 2010
^^ whatever!!!

why dont you also attack Obama for acknowledging his kenyan roots while you're at it.

after all his mother is white american, he was born in hawaii and never actually set foot in kenya till he was grown.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by mamagee3(f): 6:53pm On Mar 12, 2010
Can you all stop already, Is there a law saying every singer must be known to all. . .
I bet most dafts dissing me have no idea who Keke Palmer is. . .
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Nobody: 6:57pm On Mar 12, 2010
^^ your case is closed.

who are you again?

and why are you so bothered by sade that you must continually try to seek attention. Are you needy?

abeg scram.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by mamagee3(f): 7:14pm On Mar 12, 2010
FL Gators:

Are you ppl for real?
She sucks undecided
I don't know what the noise is for?
I said I had no idea who she is and everyone thinks I live in a cave. . .
Like she's a worldwide big megastar like Michael Jackson and Beyonce. . .
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by mamagee3(f): 7:18pm On Mar 12, 2010
tpia.:

^^ your case is closed.

who are you again?

and why are you so bothered by sade that you must continually try to seek attention. Are you needy?

abeg scram.
Are you daft?. . .
Cause I have no idea what you're flapping about. . .
I never said I liked her at all, I'm only surprised at the way people are
flaying up cause I said "Who the hell is Sade"?. . .
So, what point are you trying to reach?
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by luvbooks(f): 7:27pm On Mar 12, 2010
mama-gee:

I don't know what the noise is for?
I said I had no idea who she is and everyone thinks I live in a cave. . .
Like she's a worldwide big megastar like Michael Jackson and Beyonce. . .

You didn't say "WHO is she?" , what you actually said was" Who the HELL is she?"

The difference between the two is what most people are hanging you for.
The latter comment is a little insulting .
Besides that, you are quite rude and extremely ignorant.

I hope that clears up matters for you.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by mamagee3(f): 7:28pm On Mar 12, 2010
luvbooks:

You didn't say "WHO is she?" , what you actually said was" Who the HELL is she?"

The difference between the two is what most people are hanging you for.
The latter comment is a little insulting .
Besides that, you are quite rude and extremely ignorant.

I hope that clears up matters for you.
Are you in anyway Sade in disguise. . .
Cause I don't know what you're lamenting about. . .
Sade Adu or whatever you call her is not paying you for this defense. . .
So, please, give me a break.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by luvbooks(f): 7:31pm On Mar 12, 2010
You didnt seem to understand why everyone was so pissed about what you said.
I just thought I'd help you out in that department. grin
You can thank me later.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 12, 2010
mama gee has brought keke palmer into the discussion. undecided From nickelodeon. Next, she'll ask if anyone heard of teletubbies.

maybe she's doing all this intentionally sha.

it is a habit of hers
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 12, 2010
anyway,

@ TOPIC
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by mamagee3(f): 7:37pm On Mar 12, 2010
luvbooks:

You didnt seem to understand why everyone was so pissed about what you said.
I just thought I'd help you out in that department. grin
You can thank me later.
Like their yelling and spontaneous barking changes anything about the fact. . .

tpia.:

mama gee has brought keke palmer into the discussion. undecided From nickelodeon.

maybe she's doing all this intentionally sha.

it is a habit of hers
You're not making any sense now, I think you should quietly walk away. . .
SADE ADU is not known to everyone, that's the bottomline and it's not a sin or against the law
to resist from listening to her music. . .
Story made short, discussion closed. . .
Next!
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 12, 2010
EloSela:

lol, I'm not fighting. I am just telling you that she is not known as a Nigerian artist. Yes everybody knows she was born in Nigeria and so no one is denying her roots. She is a British artist through and through. You can carry on busting a gut over this but fact is fact!

I seriously don't know why you are all worked up about it cause the only person not accepting fact is that you not accepting Sade as a Nigerian. She landed in Britain as an immigrant get it? She had to get a permanent residence first before she became a Brit citizen and she left Nigeria with a Nigerian passport. Now let it slide!!!
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by EloSela(f): 10:08pm On Mar 12, 2010
9jaganja:

I seriously don't know why you are all worked up about it cause the only person not accepting fact is that you not accepting Sade as a Nigerian. She landed in Britain as an immigrant get it? She had to get a permanent residence first before she became a Brit citizen and she left Nigeria with a Nigerian passport. Now let it slide!!!

The only person worked up and getting their knickers all bundled up over this is you Dearie!!

She didn't leave Nigeria with a Nigerian passport. Her mother is British and so she was automatically a British citizen at birth and when she went to England she went as a citizen with a British passport. How delusional you are aye? I'm sure she probably needs a visa to go to Nigeria now like yours truly.  .   . cheesy

tpia.:

^^ whatever!!!

why dont you also attack Obama for acknowledging his kenyan roots while you're at it.

after all his mother is white american, he was born in hawaii and never actually set foot in kenya till he was grown.

Where did I deny Sade's Nigerian roots and who did I attack? Or are you just starting $hit?
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 12, 2010
^^ so you need a visa to go to nigeria

big deal!!!!!!!!!

plz let us hear word while you hop over to an all british site to celebrate!

na only you go britain before nah

and na only you get british passport 

but stop projecting your personal issues and insecurities on others. Is it by force?
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Nobody: 10:49pm On Mar 12, 2010
EloSela:

The only person worked up and getting their knickers all bundled up over this is you Dearie!!

She didn't leave Nigeria with a Nigerian passport. Her mother is British and so she was automatically a British citizen at birth and when she went to England she went as a citizen with a British passport. How delusional you are aye? I'm sure she probably needs a visa to go to Nigeria now like yours truly.  .   . cheesy

Where did I deny Sade's Nigerian roots and who did I attack? Or are you just starting $hit?

Don't bring word play in to it home girl don't bring word play in cause I'm sure I can play along with that perfectly. Now listen, she needs a visa to leave Nigeria and a passport cause they don't issue British passports in Nigeria and they don't send it in the mail either. So, if she was born in Nigeria how would she get her british passport?  Her birth certificate will get her a visa and upon arrival will be issued a permanent resident. Sorry to burst your bubble but Been born to British parent in a foreign land doesn't automatically mean you are Brit especially when you were four years old before leaving your country. If that was the case. I would have a British passport. Get your facts right home girl and stop trying to slip some insult in to it cause I'm damn sure my mouth needs construction cause the words that comes out of it are bad!!!

If she's asked for her for a Birth certificate, you think she will come out with one issued in Britain? No!! If she lost it, she'll need another one from Nigeria. I think this issue for you goes beyond Sade's nationality.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by AngieFan(f): 11:41pm On Mar 12, 2010
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by mamagee3(f): 11:55pm On Mar 12, 2010
AngieFan:

@Tpia

You have issues.
Yes, she has issues, big ones. , More like mentally challenged.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by kadman(m): 12:34am On Mar 13, 2010
Every forum has a resident troll. Mumu Gee you're nairaland's troll. . Are you pleased with yourself ? smiley

Please tell me you know what a troll is ?
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by troublenot: 12:42am On Mar 13, 2010
kadman:

Every forum has a resident troll. Mumu Gee you're nairaland's troll. . Are you pleased with yourself ? smiley

u are certainly asking for too much undecided
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by luvbooks(f): 12:44am On Mar 13, 2010
kadman:

Every forum has a resident troll. Mumu Gee you're nairaland's troll. .  Are you pleased with yourself ?  smiley

troublenot:

u are certainly asking for too much  undecided

Na Wa OooOOoOoOo . . . 
Oya leave the girl alone.
This one is too much . . . shocked shocked
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Nobody: 12:49am On Mar 13, 2010
AngieFan:

British passports can be issued in Nigeria and I personally know plenty of people who have gotten theirs issued in Nigeria and other countries. When Sade was born Nigeria was still under British rule and so your claim that British passports couldn't be issued in Nigeria is damn near ridiculous. Also if a Briton gave birth in 1959 in Nigeria which was still under British rule then they would have gotten a British birth certificate.
Been born to a British parent anywhere in the world before 1982 automatically meant you were British.

Anyway you are flogging a horse that is already dead.  No one is denying Sade's Nigerian roots but she is not a Nigerian artist or Nigerian citizen no matter which way you choose to slice it.

@Tpia

You have issues.

Hmmmm no sorry. She left Nigeria at age 4 which means Nigeria wasn't no damn colony no more. Forget it, she is Nigerian born british artist. Satisfied?
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Nobody: 1:13am On Mar 13, 2010
angiefan

you and elosela should go celebrate your "britishness" somewhere else nah!

why must you always insist on forcing your lack of self esteem on other people.

what part of your brains refuse to comprehend the fact that not everybody has your mental blockage.

Nobody has to deny their heritage just because you hate yours.

tell your children and relatives to claim britain but enough of your senseless jabbering all over nairaland abeg. I do think you're on some form of medication- even the black british whose forefathers migrated there 80-300 years ago, dont carry things on their heads like you.

We all know your british passports are worth thirty million euros and you two are the only ones who possess any red pali grin
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Nobody: 1:25am On Mar 13, 2010
Ohh wait they all been saying that cause they Brit? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah self esteem indeed!!!!

I'm Nigerian and happy with it. I have other citizenships to support my Nigerian citizenship. Wow!! I thought I was arguing with reasonable girl or something!! I bet y'all the same ones with Fake Brit accent too! Hahahahahah Goodluck init? hahahahahahahah. Some wak hootchie mamas up in here.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by EloSela(f): 1:25am On Mar 13, 2010
@Tpia

Again, you have issues!
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Nobody: 1:29am On Mar 13, 2010
^^ not as much as you and angie fan.

plz make sure you both marry pure brits so you can rid yourselves of your naija gene

hey, whatever helps you cope

9jaganja:

Ohh wait they all been saying that cause they Brit? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah self esteem indeed!!!!

I'm Nigerian and happy with it. I have other citizenships to support my Nigerian citizenship. Wow!! I thought I was arguing with reasonable girl or something!! I bet y'all the same ones with Fake Brit accent too! Hahahahahah Goodluck init? hahahahahahahah. Some wak hootchie mamas up in here.

visit travel section more.

they're in their element over there

if they descend on you for being nigerian you go think say na another thing
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by EloSela(f): 1:35am On Mar 13, 2010
It doesn't matter when she left, the fact remains that she born to a Brit in a British colony. Another note; One can still get a British passport issued in Nigeria today. Sade left in 1963 or thereabouts and in those days minors could be added to their mother's passport. Her mum being a Brit would have of course had a British passport so again you score an EPIC FAIL with your response.

9jaganja:

Hmmmm no sorry. She left Nigeria at age 4 which means Nigeria wasn't no damn colony no more. Forget it, she is Nigerian born british artist. Satisfied?

Well that is what I've been saying all along Dumbo! It was you who came rushing in here claiming her to be all things Nigerian. Be on your way now and don't listen to our resident nutcase Tpia as he/she is clearly off their meds. Toodles!
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by EloSela(f): 1:36am On Mar 13, 2010
@Tpia^^You sound demented. Who is AngieFan?
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Nobody: 1:38am On Mar 13, 2010
Im neither Nigerian nor British (THANK GOD FOR THE BRITISH PART lol!) however I agree with all three of you EloSela, Tpia and Angiefan (pls excuse me if i spelled your sn.s wrong). Sade doesnt not rep her Nigerian side very often however she doesnt go around screaming how "British" she is either. To some people who are bi-racial or bi-ethnic (like muah lol) some times in order to make it a point that their racial/ ethnic heritage does not define them, they simply leave it out of the equation unless asked. Sade decided to be a singer NOT to big up Nigeria or Britain, she did however sing because its part of who she is as a lover of music. No need to fuss about it.

Mama_Gee i did laugh at some of the things said about you however I understand you and FL_Gators 100 percent. I do not listen to Sade, I have heard a few of her songs and though I am happy for her, I didnt and dont plan on buying her album. Im just not a fan and you not knowing who she is, is NOT the end of the universe and all existence.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Nobody: 1:41am On Mar 13, 2010
EloSela:

@Tpia^^You sound demented. Who is AngieFan?

i sound demented because you're pretending not know who angiefan is?

she's your british sister nah.

and on the same medication as you.

i believe you know how to use the search function.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Nobody: 1:42am On Mar 13, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

Im neither Nigerian nor British (THANK GOD FOR THE BRITISH PART lol!) however I agree with all three of you EloSela, Tpia and Angiefan (pls excuse me if i spelled your sn.s wrong). Sade doesnt not rep her Nigerian side very often however she doesnt go around screaming how "British" she is either. To some people who are bi-racial or bi-ethnic (like muah lol) some times in order to make it a point that their racial/ ethnic heritage does not define them, they simply leave it out of the equation unless asked. Sade decided to be a singer NOT to big up Nigeria or Britain, she did however sing because its part of who she is as a lover of music. No need to fuss about it.

MamaGee i did laugh at some of the things said about you however I understand you and FL_Gators 100 percent. I do not listen to Sade, I have heard a few of her songs and though I am happy for her, I didnt and dont plan on buying her album. Im just not a fan and you not knowing who she is, is NOT the end of the universe and all existence.

nobody here has a problem with any part of her heritage aside from angiefan and elosela

mamagee is just daft

people are simply appreciating Sade as she is, but angiefan and elosela have a problem with that.

interesting that they have nothing to say about her music [which they probably know nothing of] but only want to nitpick about british immigration
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Nobody: 1:49am On Mar 13, 2010
Sade could have changed her name at any point in time, were she daft like angiefan and elosela.

the mother could have changed her children's names to english ones had she been so inclined.

Sade's daughter is named Ila- do angiefan and elosela process anything from that.

the low self esteem of these two na wa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Odion Steve: "Comic Actors In Nigeria Are Treated As Inferiors" / Umar Waragis Rasuwa Dies Of Stroke & Terminal Disease In Jos (Photos) / Iheoma Nnadi: 'Don't Let Anyone Kill You In The Name Of Love'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.