Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,005 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US (42877 Views)

Boy Who Went Viral At The Aba Fashion Week 2023 Becomes Adidas Ambassador (Pics) / Pictures From Aba Fashion Week 2021 / Pictures From Aba Fashion Week 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by UNIZIK1stSon(m): 9:38am On Oct 07, 2017
The long awaited Made-in-Aba Fashion show was held last night in New York in fulfillment of the pledge made by Governor Okezie Ikpeazu to ensure that Aba tailors and designers are given a global platform to strut their stuff.

The event was the annual convention of the Abia State National Association of North America.

Selected designers from Aba shipped their products to the US and they were modeled by Abia sons and daughters who live in the US to the admiration of the crowd that attended the event.

Deputy Governor Ude Oko Chukwu and his wife, Viviene represented Governor Okezie Ikpeazu at the event and restated the commitment of the State Government to continue to provide support to local manufacturers in the state, as a strategy of boosting the local economy in the state.

President of the Abia State National Association of North America, Dr. Chris Ike told the audience that this was their own little contribution to help boost the dreams of the Ikpeazu administration to help reposition the state.

Delivering a keynote speech, Senator representing Abia South at the Nigerian Senate, Enyinnaya Abaribe stated that the efforts at turning the economy of Aba town and the entire state is being badly hit by the current agitation which creates a picture of insecurity thereby discouraging people from coming to do business in Aba.

Also present at the large gathering were Singer Ruffcoin 'Nwa Aba', Abia Chief press secretary, Enyinnaya Appolos and a host of other prominent Men of 'Aba' origin. 

View beautiful photos from the 'Made-in-Aba' fashion show below.

Credit: O. Ememanka

http://mynaijainfo.com/2017/10/new-york-agog-made-aba-fashion-show-held-us-photos

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by UNIZIK1stSon(m): 9:38am On Oct 07, 2017
More photos.....

1 Like

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by UNIZIK1stSon(m): 9:38am On Oct 07, 2017
Check out Ruff Coin Nwa Aba's performance Photos >>>>>

http://mynaijainfo.com/2017/10/new-york-agog-made-aba-fashion-show-held-us-photos

1 Like

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by clevvermind(m): 10:10am On Oct 07, 2017
THIS IS NICE. ABA I HAIL.

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by LawrenceDike: 11:30am On Oct 07, 2017
a welcome development.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by lordimmaogidi(m): 12:18pm On Oct 07, 2017
interesting

11 Likes

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by KingTom(m): 1:37pm On Oct 07, 2017
This is nice. I had a guy make me a pair of sandals like three years ago and up till now its still in top shape, cheap too. I salute the Abians most especially the Aba people. cool

131 Likes

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by Zonacom(m): 1:42pm On Oct 07, 2017
I just like this Abaribe of a man.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by scholes0(m): 1:43pm On Oct 07, 2017
Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by JoNach: 1:43pm On Oct 07, 2017
Hmm
Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by ChristineC: 1:44pm On Oct 07, 2017
Interesting. Next up should be Innoson Motors coming up with American, European and Australian specs grin

23 Likes

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by Kingspin(m): 1:44pm On Oct 07, 2017
You mean it.. We can get there if........
Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 07, 2017
Am in love with this

5 Likes

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by Finstar: 1:45pm On Oct 07, 2017
This is the reason why the Afonjas won't not let the igbos go.. They are too valuable.. Quote me and see ogun thunder visit you.. tongue

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by obaoyedotun(m): 1:45pm On Oct 07, 2017
So you mean to tell me this Gowns are made in Aba, how do they portray the culture and heritage of Aba people and igbos in general
UNIZIK1stSon:
More photos.....

1 Like

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by Ra88: 1:46pm On Oct 07, 2017
Pharaoh let my people go!

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by KingGBsky(m): 1:46pm On Oct 07, 2017
Why did they use this small room for the fashion show na?

6 Likes

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by J0hnTrevolt(m): 1:46pm On Oct 07, 2017
Aba una too moshhh

3 Likes

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by JoNach: 1:47pm On Oct 07, 2017
We are proud developers ,creative , and hard working people ... If u don't like us , choose 3rd mainland bridge or Niger bridge to jump off from into the lagoon. It can't change our God given talent. #Igboamaka

38 Likes

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by madridguy(m): 1:48pm On Oct 07, 2017
Who's holding you?

Ra88:
Pharaoh let my people go!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by nkwuocha1: 1:48pm On Oct 07, 2017
K
Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by jacoik(m): 1:48pm On Oct 07, 2017
If only they can be giving the manpower and government of the day patronize them. If only we Nigeria can patronize what we have, believe me the country will be the best

7 Likes

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by piperson(m): 1:49pm On Oct 07, 2017
That's a good one

They should focus on elevating their brand instead of recreating other product and misspelling their nomenclature e.g

Nika instead of Nike

Abibas instead of adidas

Gusi instead of Gucci
Sanel instead of Chanel

Etc

8 Likes

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 07, 2017
we ve to promote our own.
These guys can compete wit the best from anywhere if they r encouraged by the government nd d local consumers

3 Likes

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by alpha2zulu: 1:51pm On Oct 07, 2017
Igbo kwenu!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by BrutalJab: 1:51pm On Oct 07, 2017
Nice one.

3 Likes

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 07, 2017
ok
Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by cardoctor(m): 1:53pm On Oct 07, 2017
Hmmmm. Well done

1 Like

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by busco59: 1:53pm On Oct 07, 2017
Nice move Governor Okezie Ikpeazu, but please ensure that the products are durable aside from that the are really nice, cheaper and fancy.

3 Likes

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 1:53pm On Oct 07, 2017
Nice

2 Likes

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by Cladez(m): 1:54pm On Oct 07, 2017
obaoyedotun:
So you mean to tell me this Gowns are made in Aba, how do they portray the culture and heritage of Aba people and igbos in general
See this man they are making products for people from every angle to use and not necessary igbos.......go and tell Gucci,paul smith,polo etc to make products specially for their use.

Haters would always disgrace themselves in public.They don't think before they comment due to that strong urge to hate.

52 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Goat Dressed In Matching Ankara Outfit At An Event / How Nigerian Women's Hairstyles Have Evolved Overtime / African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.