Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Honda Accord 2003 V6 Engine Transmission Problem - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Accord 2003 V6 Engine Transmission Problem (3294 Views)

Foreign Used Toyota Camry 2003 V6 For Sale / Find Out Cost Of Engine, Transmission Or Gearbox At Ladipo Market. / What Are Differences Between The 6-cylinder Engine And The V6 Engine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honda Accord 2003 V6 Engine Transmission Problem by Kashif(m): 8:26pm On Oct 16, 2017
obekediamondfuto:

go for comprehensive scan.
how do u know it jumps from 2-4, is there any jerk or slip in change?
at what rpm will it likely make the change from 2-4?

doesn't seem like an extremely big deal. probably some solenoids needs servicing.
bad pcm can also cause this but I highly doubt.

cc Kashif.

why is kashif no longer assisting nlds, what did we do to him? or do we need to subscribe to something first?

Bros, I still dey help, as time permits. Just that some people are time-wasters. They seem to be in real trouble, and you go analysing their issues in order to make informed guess, only for them to just drop off.
Re: Honda Accord 2003 V6 Engine Transmission Problem by Kashif(m): 8:48pm On Oct 16, 2017
Emmanhack:
Update : knock sensor fixed still wont shift to 3rd gear, i checked the gear oil (just poured 5 days ago Honda DW1) its has turned black and smelly

Are you sure its the 3rd gear that is inhibited or the second? You are most likely having a command issue, which shouldn't fry your transmission. What is the computer commanding​?

What I know is very delayed 1-2 shift which would usually hit the rev limiter, and then goes in harshly. A major cause is worn or tight valves in the engine bank(1) close to the firewall. It causes the MAF to read wrongly, which would confuse the ECU. It is common with V6 Honda/Acuras. I think these valves should be adjusted at 100k.

Other causes I have seen are low engine oil and disconnected/malfunctioning engine coolant temp sensor. Check all these.

At this point, PIDs are more desirable than codes.

MODIFIED:

It will be nice to know what your long term fuel trim is saying. A negative value points more to the valve problem.
Re: Honda Accord 2003 V6 Engine Transmission Problem by lillyontop(m): 10:23pm On Oct 16, 2017
Kashif:

Are you sure its the 3rd gear that is inhibited or the second? You are most likely having a command issue, which shouldn't fry your transmission. What is the computer commanding​?

What I know is very delayed 1-2 shift which would usually hit the rev limiter, and then goes in harshly. A major cause is worn or tight valves in the engine bank(1) close to the firewall. It causes the MAF to read wrongly, which would confuse the ECU. It is common with V6 Honda/Acuras. I think these valves should be adjusted at 100k.

Other causes I have seen are low engine oil and disconnected/malfunctioning engine coolant temp sensor. Check all these.

Can you add your no to your sigNatute sometimes we might need your help urgent and we don't need the long waiting cos you know car sickness for people who owns one almost getting an heart attack please do thanks
Re: Honda Accord 2003 V6 Engine Transmission Problem by obekediamondfuto(m): 3:07am On Oct 17, 2017
Kashif:

yes, baba for the gears don show.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinkering On A Jeep With Repair Manuals And Very Limited Automobile Experience. / Honda Cars And Their Hand Yanking Off / Why Selling Cars At Carmart.ng Is The Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.