Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,217 members, 7,807,736 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy (4575 Views)

My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice / My Life Is Upside Down / A Woman From Uganda Who Gave Birth To 44 Children Reveals What Her Life Is Like (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by livingseed: 4:47pm On Oct 08, 2017
supersystemsnig:

May God add more

You too.

AND...Sometimes when people have a different lifestyle or view, others call them ignorant or knowledgeable.

Sometimes too what mixes as Money, Wisdom, Knowledge or Ignorance is 100% subjectively based (like when others would see you as a loser for having no job for example, or when you have criminal friends who would call you a winner for closing a successful coke deal). Cheers.
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 08, 2017
livingseed:

You too.

AND...Sometimes when people have a different lifestyle or views, others call them ignorant or knowledgeable.

Sometimes too what mixes as Money, Wisdom, Knowledge or Ignorance is 100% subjectively based (like when others would see you as a loser for having no job for example, or when you have criminal friends who would call you a winner for closing a successful coke deal). Cheers.

Very true @ you as a loser for having no job for example

What do you think about Intelligence without character, Power without passion ?
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by livingseed: 5:07pm On Oct 08, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Very true @ you as a loser for having no job for example

What do you think about Intelligence without character, Power without passion ?

Lately, I've been paying special attention to people I find around me in an attempt to know them more and the people that exemplified real intelligence with character etc in my life never announced that they were. Ever. I discovered that they were by fortune. They didn't have to preach it--they lived it. I admire the type.

2 Likes

Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by ifyan(m): 10:16pm On Oct 08, 2017
I am enjoying this thread. Keep it up guys.

Life is beautiful but depends in our action.
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 08, 2017
mrphysics:

Fact

We should keep this thread alive
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by mrphysics(m): 7:35am On Oct 09, 2017
livingseed:

Lately, I've been paying special attention to people I find around me in an attempt to know them more and the people that exemplified real intelligence with character etc in my life never announced that they were. Ever. I discovered that they were by fortune. They didn't have to preach it--they lived it. I admire the type.
This is life brother. Such people don't want to be noticed. They prefer to be called losers. They lead a simple life.

While I was in school, after an exam, people say its simple, they will pass. What? They believe so much about the spoken words issue. Well they is more to power of a spoken word than people know. So when the result comes out, they fail. That's reality.

People don't want to be told the truth. They want you to tell them what they like to hear. They want to feel good even when they know who they are.

IA simplified life is a life of purpose. A life that knows no evil thought. A life that is not afraid to lose rather one that takes every situation as an opportunity.

I agree with you sir

1 Like

Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by mrphysics(m): 7:36am On Oct 09, 2017
supersystemsnig:

We should keep this thread alive
This thread is very dear to me. So many wisdom have been placed herein. So it must be live always
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by mrphysics(m): 7:41am On Oct 09, 2017
livingseed:

You too.

AND...Sometimes when people have a different lifestyle or view, others call them ignorant or knowledgeable.

That is humans for you. When you share different opinions with them, they see you as low in the food chain. Intelligence is now linked to money and Nigeria is the product of such an experiment.

Because we have much affinity for money, until you have money, no one respects you. When I left school, I was told to come and read money because it is the language the world understands. So I got books on money, heavy books. I finished 10 and I started thinking money.
But that is just to communicate with the world.
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 09, 2017
mrphysics:

This thread is very dear to me. So many wisdom have been placed herein. So it must be live always

We should talk about something next jare :

Intelligent without character, character is the conduit, and without good character, even intellect is rubbish
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 09, 2017
mrphysics:

That is humans for you. When you share different opinions with them, they see you as low in the food chain. Intelligence is now linked to money and Nigeria is the product of such an experiment.

Because we have much affinity for money, until you have money, no one respects you. When I left school, I was told to come and read money because it is the language the world understands. So I got books on money, heavy books. I finished 10 and I started thinking money.

Lol @ until you have money, no one respects you.

Lol @ So I got books on money, heavy books. I finished 10 and I started thinking money.
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by mrphysics(m): 8:05am On Oct 09, 2017
supersystemsnig:

We should talk about something next jare :

Intelligent without character, character is the conduit, and without good character, even intellect is rubbish
Well I do not know your definition of intelligent. The intelligent people I have seen are very humble. You won't even know their high I.Q till you challenge them in a task. Those who are not intelligent are the ones that blow their trumpet. They want to get noticed and to be known to be intelligent.

Character is everything bro. Without character, intelligence is nothing.
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by mrphysics(m): 8:06am On Oct 09, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Lol @ until you have money, no one respects you.

Lol @ So I got books on money, heavy books. I finished 10 and I started thinking money.
They are all true. That's what I did
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 09, 2017
mrphysics:

Well I do not know your definition of intelligent. The intelligent people I have seen are very humble. You won't even know their high I.Q till you challenge them in a task. Those who are not intelligent are the ones that blow their trumpet. They want to get noticed and to be known to be intelligent.

Character is everything bro. Without character, intelligence is nothing.

That's it brov, like John Maxwell talent isn't everything. Character is what sustains achievement. Intelligent folks keep a lid on and may almost never talk about themselves... Anyways, it's always said that empty barrels makes the loudest noises...

Funny, i was tagged an unsuccessful nigga this morning bro. Let's not let darkness infiltrate this thread

Any new subject matter to discuss?
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 09, 2017
mrphysics:

They are all true. That's what I did

I did the same. Let me share mine, after secondary school. I opted to work at a book store cause i was in the pursuit of knowledge, guess what, i read over 200 books over a few years and till today i apply many of the knowledge i got from that process
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by mrphysics(m): 8:13am On Oct 09, 2017
supersystemsnig:

I did the same. Let me share mine, after secondary school. I opted to work at a book store cause i was in the pursuit of knowledge, guess what, i [b]read over 200 books [/b]over a few years and till today i apply many of the knowledge i got from that process
Hmmmm, this number weak me. I haven't read that number but I have written over 100 books and articles this year alone
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 09, 2017
mrphysics:

Hmmmm, this number weak me. I haven't read that number but I have written over 100 books and articles this year alone

100 books in a year is fabulous, my target is 1 book per week 53 books per year...For reaserch paper, i eat up over 500 yearly...
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 09, 2017
mrphysics:

I hope you practice conversational calibration? I use this tool in taking mental snapshot of people and i know when the kind of individual i'm dealing with

1 Like

Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by livingseed: 3:23pm On Oct 09, 2017
mrphysics:

They prefer to be called losers. They lead a simple life.

I'm inclined to agree. But what makes one a loser anyway?
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 09, 2017
livingseed:

I'm inclined to agree. But what makes one a loser anyway?

What makes one a loser... This is deep, we can exhaust days and weeks on this...

Wow..i'm coming, let me think... grin
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by livingseed: 3:32pm On Oct 09, 2017
mrphysics:

So when the result comes out, they fail. That's reality.

Of course, Reality is what we see, hear, smell, feel and taste.
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by livingseed: 3:37pm On Oct 09, 2017
mrphysics:

People don't want to be told the truth. They want you to tell them what they like to hear. They want to feel good even when they know who they are.

I also think that people see truth differently because everyone is coming from a different set of life experience, so they have different perspectives too.

This explains why different people everywhere arrive at different ratings of truth. They all have relatively different backgrounds and knowledge. In a sense it’s the people’s choice of truth that defines them.

People differ about truth, not because truth is different, but because people are different in terms of experience. If two people had identical match/experience, they would see truth identically every time.

BUT... there's Truth (with a capital T), something that comes with experience and not just a thought. Just like the Laws of Physics which aren't what someone "defines" them to be at any given time. They are what they are, and would and will be that way till the end of time, whether any intelligent observer is there to corroborate them or not.
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by livingseed: 3:41pm On Oct 09, 2017
supersystemsnig:

What makes one a loser... This is deep, we can exhaust days and weeks on this...

Wow..i'm coming, let me think... grin

Sounds like an offer I can't refuse... I'll accept it. grin
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 09, 2017
livingseed:

I also think that people see truth differently because everyone is coming from a different set of life experience, so they have different perspectives too.

This explains why different people everywhere arrive at different ratings of truth. They all have relatively different backgrounds and knowledge. In a sense it’s the people’s choice of truth that defines them.

People differ about truth, not because truth is different, but because people are different in terms of experience. If two people had identical match/experience, they would see t ruth identically every time.

BUT... there's Truth (with a capital T), something that comes with experience and not just a thought. Just like the Laws of Physics which aren't what someone "defines" them to be at any given time. They are what they are, and would and will be that way till the end of time, whether any intelligent observer is there to corroborate them or not.

True @ everyone is coming from a different set of life experience, so they have different perspectives too. Hence, the need to smoothen the rough edges, i believe conflicts are often a clash of life experiences and not even of perspectives alone.And to have healthy relationships, we need to evaluate carefully and tolerate people in the sense of their beginnings...because our environment plays alot in our buildup.

True @ If two people had identical match/experience, they would see t ruth identically every time. ...But people of seemingly diverse background can build familiarity of maturity is there...Maturity is learning new experiences and nt been rooted to just past experiences alone. People who are open to new experiences are seldom dissapointed because they have learnt to build the road as they walk over the path in front of them
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 09, 2017
livingseed:

Sounds like an offer I can't refuse... I'll accept it. grin

We become losers when we lose our core values in exchange for whatever it maybe.....Yes, we should be open to learn new experiences and imbibe them to become better individuals however, losing sight of the road before us shouldn't be an option. i.e. if we don't take the steering of our lives, some one else will and then control our lives and make decisions for us we don't like

We are losers, when we can't sink deep and then draw out virtues from deep within in order to become better persons...Indeed life can be simple, but we musn't lose focus on our objectives and goals as we travel through life...Never...

It goes on and on and on.. We become losers when we lose hope,even in the sight of complete failure..What is hope without failure...Without failure, there's no need for hope. Infact,we are winners once we can hope when there's nothing substantive to place value on...This is when we are winners.

2 Likes

Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by mrphysics(m): 3:51pm On Oct 09, 2017
livingseed:

People differ about truth, not because truth is different, but because people are different in terms of experience. If two people had identical match/experience, they would see truth identically every time.

You are right. That is why I go by the political science definition of truth. Truth is defined as the state of things that exist. It doesn't depend on what individuals experience or think, rather it is what they think.

Notwithstanding, relativity tell us that two people who are different frame of reference can observe a phenomenon same time and explain it different while still being correct simultaneously. That means, when we look up a plane fly above us, and I said the speed is 4ms-1 while you somewhere else says the speed of the plane is 30ms-1, by relativity, we are both correct. So things depend on where we are. It is a fact.
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by mrphysics(m): 3:54pm On Oct 09, 2017
livingseed:

Also, the difference between science and other discipline is the uniqueness of things in science. For instance, the Newton laws of physics is general. But in other discipline, they is no absolute truth. For instance, terrorism can be defined by different persons to be correct. But i science, terrorism for instance will have a unique definition.
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by livingseed: 5:54pm On Oct 09, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Maturity is learning new experiences and nt been rooted to just past experiences alone. People who are open to new experiences are seldom dissapointed because they have learnt to build the road as they walk over the path in front of them

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

One's rational understanding of Maturity is therefore modified from minute to minute as one works on it and sees that a new and different version of maturity has more better pristine relevance. One doesn’t cling to old sticky ideas. Maturity isn’t static, It’s not a set of ideas you have to either fight or resign yourself to. It’s made up, in part, of ideas that are expected to grow as you grow, and as we all grow, century after century.

Maturity is like a train. A train really "isn’t" a train if it can’t go anywhere. Maturity is always going somewhere good on a track called Truth. Everyone has a different idea of what maturity and immaturity is. The KEY here is the channel whichever brand one choose to brandish because one's maturity could be another's narrow mindedness.

1 Like

Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 09, 2017
livingseed:

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

One's rational understanding of Maturity is therefore modified from minute to minute as one works on it and sees that a new and different version of maturity has more better pristine relevance. One doesn’t cling to old sticky ideas. Maturity isn’t static, It’s not a set of ideas you have to either fight or resign yourself to. It’s made up, in part, of ideas that are expected to grow as you grow, and as we all grow, century after century.

Maturity is like a train. A train really "isn’t" a train if it can’t go anywhere. Maturity is always going somewhere good on a track called Truth. Everyone has a different idea of what maturity and immaturity is. The KEY here is the channel whichever brand one choose to brandish because one's maturity could be another's narrow mindedness.

So with constant cultivation and improvisation comes development. This is key to growth, stability and development...Then why is our nation on its knees? What is not started is not developed...what is not started is not mastered....We only perfect what we start

1 Like

Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by livingseed: 6:03pm On Oct 09, 2017
supersystemsnig:

It goes on and on and on.. We become losers when we lose hope,even in the sight of complete failure..What is hope without failure...Without failure, there's no need for hope. Infact,we are winners once we can hope when there's nothing substantive to place value on...This is when we are winners

Another good example of a loser would be someone who willfully ignores the proven security risk posed by a certain presidential candidate, and then proceeds to defend the character of that candidate using notorious vuvuzelas despite being shown absolute proof of their willful, gross negligence...

Quite honestly, You said it all.

But I digress.
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 09, 2017
livingseed:

Another good example of a loser would be someone who willfully ignores the proven security risk posed by a certain presidential candidate, and then proceeds to defend the character of that candidate using notorious vuvuzelas despite being shown absolute proof of their willful, gross negligence...

Quite honestly, You said it all.

But I digress.

Lol @

Don't let them say we politicize the subject, however good will alone is not enough. It has to be holistic, and such task must be carried upon the shoulders of visionaries who made a sense of direction and were strong enough to lead others on that path. When a man complains of his tools, is he efficient?
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by livingseed: 6:08pm On Oct 09, 2017
supersystemsnig:

So with constant cultivation and improvisation comes development. This is key to growth, stability and development...Then why is our nation on its knees?

Bro the state of the nation is a different digest ooh
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 09, 2017
livingseed:

Bro the state of the nation is a different digest ooh

Lets not go there. Let'sstay with the being...So we can dish out knowledge, share ideas and interact

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wife Addressing Husband With "Sir"? / . / Thin Line Between Love And Hate!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.