Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,479 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia (30883 Views)

Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 / World Cup; Lionel Messi's Wife Reacts After Argentina's Victory Over Nigeria. / Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 07, 2017
1. This is the hardest match we've played in the WCQ and it showed how we would react to a decent opposition. A lot of work needs to be done on this team as we're going to the tournament next year.

2. Our defence is average. Ezenwa is raw and not very good. He goofed in our 4-0 defeat at the WAFU final 2 weeks ago. We need a better keeper. Echejile is old and worn out: he doesn't have the legs any more. We need a veritable replacement. Leo and his CB partner looked ragged today against an average attack. I'm picturing how they would fare if they're faced with Harry Kane or Alvaro Morata.

3. Moses is NOT a no 10. Conte knows better. Asking him to play towards the centre was counterproductive. He did better against Cameroon because he was played in his natural position. Alex Iwobi is a better number 10 than Moses. Playing Moses towards the centre and Iwobi to the wide was an error.

4. We need better strikers. Ighalo who couldn't secure a spot at Watford and had to go to China seconded by Ihenacho who was booted out by Pep Guardiola and is yet to secure a spot at Leicester isn't good enough. Except the situation of one of these boys changes before next year, we must shop for another striker. It's unfortunate that both Chelsea FC's Tammy Abraham and Liverpool's Solanke have disowned us but we can shop more. We can't continue fluffing chances like we did today.

5. African referees continue to be shameful. Twice in this match, a clear onside was called offside by blind referees. A clear goal that should've stood was wrongly cancelled for Zambia. We won this match because African referees are incompetent and this is why they can never be respected on the global scale.

On the whole, congrats to my dear Nigerians (borrowing Buhari's words). See you in Russia next year!

source-https://naijastoryz..com.ng/2017/10/5-things-about-match-by-peter-keyz.html

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 07, 2017
so i wld b using dis opportunity to leave a suicide note b4 i commit suicide.goodbye 2 my 2 wives DALE917 and seunmohmoh tongue i would still be stalking u,and please dont marry slayer2 or arleck. to shycypher(should hav been vaseline crew boss by now) to lala247(you wee not kill us with that ur thang),to desola1(that comes online one eternity later),to ednited (mrs ethiopia she could murder u if u spell ethopia *goddamit* ethiopia the wrong way tongue . to BisQuit the wicked jr thread producer to smoochCN and his photography diary ,to my cat (supervillian),to nasty c ,to homer simpson .
*drops pen abi keyboard ni*.
*takes ota pia pia*
*holds stomach*
PEACCCE

*backslides outta thread*
wait shout to my crush i promise to change for good and her friend who is also my crush.
and to any1 reading dis .
*dusts my twitter, reddit and quora account*
shit bout to get real.
PS

am only deactivating and no i didnt play blue whale

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by fiftynaira(m): 8:20pm On Oct 07, 2017
Nice inputs

This should be a send forth party for

Echejele
Musa
And any body who is lackadaisical

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 07, 2017
fiftynaira:
Nice inputs

This should be a send forth party for

Echejele
Musa
And any body who is lackadaisical
i tell u

1 Like

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by mazimee(m): 8:43pm On Oct 07, 2017
Echiejile is a disaster at the back, we will risk going far in World cup.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 07, 2017
mazimee:
Echiejile is a disaster at the back, we will risk going far in World cup.
he shouldn't even go sef

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by medolab90(m): 10:13pm On Oct 07, 2017
And we also learnt we could achieve more together

10 Likes

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by scholes0(m): 10:13pm On Oct 07, 2017
Ogbeni Zambia was offiside jare.
It was close, but they were!

Up Naija! grin

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by ednut1(m): 10:13pm On Oct 07, 2017
Na second round we go ja for russia

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by BrutalJab: 10:14pm On Oct 07, 2017
The way we go take collect for World Cup en... Chai!

8 Likes

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by gaeul(f): 10:14pm On Oct 07, 2017
hahahaha....e just dey shack us o lol

Nollywood actress scenes cut off after sleeping with director and 4 crew members
http://thekokogist..com.ng/2016/08/you-have-to-sleep-with-directors-over.html
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by blogbuilder: 10:14pm On Oct 07, 2017
Fake analysis...

Quote me and loss your charger

41 Likes

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by orobs93(m): 10:14pm On Oct 07, 2017
well as for the refs error it happens even in Europe everywhere

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by motun2017(f): 10:14pm On Oct 07, 2017
what do i know? just here to read comments eh. What's the score??
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:15pm On Oct 07, 2017
Stupid analysis. You sabi na hin you dey house dey type rubbish. undecided

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by kagari: 10:15pm On Oct 07, 2017
Hmmm. Points noted we communicate it to to the board of NFF. undecided
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by OpssonD1: 10:16pm On Oct 07, 2017
Osheyyyy Jon Champion of Africa. Playing in the Chinese league doesn't undermine your worth in front of goal, regardless of the team. Go and ask paulinho of Brazil Who was just shipped to Barcelona. he has two goals already and Suarez is still struggling with just one. Saying Iheanacho was kicked out by guardiola due to performance reason is terribly wrong. Manchester City needed to play the new boys they bought and had to move old faces like nasri and Jesus navas too. I agree with you on both ezenwa and echiejile but we can't just rule them out beacause they played poorly. They've been loyal and have previously shown they are ready to give their all for the team. I say we keep the team and build their confidence before June next year.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by Harrynight(m): 10:17pm On Oct 07, 2017
from ur Analysis;
1) we dont have a team den,
2) Rorh should better shop a fresh Super Eagle Team from Keeper to Strikers for a W'Cup thats just less than 8 Months away!

Oga go a drink Captain Jack football analysis isnt ur calling

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:18pm On Oct 07, 2017
You learnt about Wafu conceding by Ezenwa from this match. This your analysis does not fear God. undecided

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by greenguy: 10:18pm On Oct 07, 2017
Crap!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by Akposb(m): 10:20pm On Oct 07, 2017
No bright spot except the overall confirmation of Nigeria's qualification.
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:20pm On Oct 07, 2017
Op.. fake analysis u want more traffic to ur blog abi.. Go sleep.. cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by Kog45(m): 10:21pm On Oct 07, 2017
naijastoryz:
1. This is the hardest match we've played in the WCQ and it showed how we would react to a decent opposition. A lot of work needs to be done on this team as we're going to the tournament next year.

2. Our defence is average. Ezenwa is raw and not very good. He goofed in our 4-0 defeat at the WAFU final 2 weeks ago. We need a better keeper. Echejile is old and worn out: he doesn't have the legs any more. We need a veritable replacement. Leo and his CB partner looked ragged today against an average attack. I'm picturing how they would fare if they're faced with Harry Kane or Alvaro Morata.

3. Moses is NOT a no 10. Conte knows better. Asking him to play towards the centre was counterproductive. He did better against Cameroon because he was played in his natural position. Alex Iwobi is a better number 10 than Moses. Playing Moses towards the centre and Iwobi to the wide was an error.

4. We need better strikers. Ighalo who couldn't secure a spot at Watford and had to go to China seconded by Ihenacho who was booted out by Pep Guardiola and is yet to secure a spot at Leicester isn't good enough. Except the situation of one of these boys changes before next year, we must shop for another striker. It's unfortunate that both Chelsea FC's Tammy Abraham and Liverpool's Solanke have disowned us but we can shop more. We can't continue fluffing chances like we did today.

5. African referees continue to be shameful. Twice in this match, a clear onside was called offside by blind referees. A clear goal that should've stood was wrongly cancelled for Zambia. We won this match because African referees are incompetent and this is why they can never be respected on the global scale.

On the whole, congrats to my dear Nigerians (borrowing Buhari's words). See you in Russia next year!

source-https://naijastoryz..com.ng/2017/10/5-things-about-match-by-peter-keyz.html
kai wahala dey,see post even kindergarten pupils w have better to say than this thrash.

10 Likes

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by checkolatunji: 10:22pm On Oct 07, 2017
naijastoryz:

Your last point is Wrooooooong

Goan watch the highlight very well. The Zambia guy was clearly offside

9 Likes

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by Elnino4ladies: 10:23pm On Oct 07, 2017
They can't even play over 1.5 mitcheww

1 Like

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by Boyooosa(m): 10:24pm On Oct 07, 2017
Thank God we qualify. But we are not ready for world cup. The Analyst is actually both critical and technical in his analysis. If we go to world cup with this exact form, we will all say 'had we known, we would have allowed. Zambia to visit for the first time'

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by oshe11: 10:26pm On Oct 07, 2017
who b MOTM
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by bodejohn(m): 10:27pm On Oct 07, 2017
Fair points...the team needs to improve.

The AR who was in a better position to spot the offside already did that...the angle shown on TV was poor and cannot be used as a photo judge of the positions of the players...

Also the referee's whitsle had gone before the ball got into the net...

5 Likes

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by elyte89: 10:28pm On Oct 07, 2017
U knw a true beer palour analyst when u c somtin like dis.....TRASH grin

7 Likes

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by dtruth50: 10:29pm On Oct 07, 2017
Mistakes noted, we will rectify the problem Mr. OP
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by benzene00: 10:30pm On Oct 07, 2017
Elnino4ladies:
They can't even play over 1.5 mitcheww
bet9ja addict spotted

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Barcelona Signs Frenkie De Jong From Ajax For £75m (Photos) / U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria / Ime Udoka Faces Suspension Over Consensual intimate relationship With Team Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.