Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,872 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

When Should A Man Hit His Woman? The Fact About Relationship Abuse And Assault! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Should A Man Hit His Woman? The Fact About Relationship Abuse And Assault! (2755 Views)

Huge Man Caught His Woman With Her Personal Fitness Trainer. See What He Did Nex / Big-Sized Man & His Woman In Doggy Pose In Their Pre-Wedding Photos / Man Holds His Woman "Tight" In Doggie Pre-Wedding Photoshoot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Should A Man Hit His Woman? The Fact About Relationship Abuse And Assault! by Prec1ous(m): 4:48pm On Oct 08, 2017
pocohantas:

Yes, guys are rarely instigators, that includes men who brazenly cheat on their wives. Clap for yourself grin grin...

I'm sorry, I don't know such truth. Anyone can be an instigator...

Cheating is a grave offence and no one should be bold to justify that, not me though.

I agree anyone can be an instigator, the frequency was where my argument was based, wise one!
Re: When Should A Man Hit His Woman? The Fact About Relationship Abuse And Assault! by Prec1ous(m): 4:48pm On Oct 08, 2017
Fearlez:

Above is an excerpt from your post. It's sending out the wrong signals and all potential wife beaters and active wife beaters would give a thumbs up to it.

Pay attention to the reddened part " misdemeanor" really? A woman gets beaten by husband for misdemeanor?

And a brother or male teacher is different from the husband as level of emotional investments is high in one and nearly absent in the others. Same is the level of responsibility.

Noted!
Re: When Should A Man Hit His Woman? The Fact About Relationship Abuse And Assault! by pocohantas(f): 4:51pm On Oct 08, 2017
Prec1ous:

Cheating is a grave offence and no one should be bold to justify that, not me though.

I agree anyone can be an instigator, the frequency was where my argument was based, wise one!

I look forward to threads that'll explain in details like this one, why women inflict bodily harms on their husbands...not in self-defence for hitting them, but for insulting them, cheating or them or any form of misdemeanour.

When I begin to see such threads in numbers. Then you all can have the right to talk about double standard.
Re: When Should A Man Hit His Woman? The Fact About Relationship Abuse And Assault! by joelens007(m): 4:55pm On Oct 08, 2017
makydebbie:
Damn! That was long read! But I must finish this banku fess. lipsrsealed
I get your point op, there's a limit to everything. Everyone has their breaking point.

What I do understand is, if my husband tries to hit, I'll show him I started watching wwe since I was five. So if he thinks he's going to get all Kung fu on me, dude is on a long thing. When I'm done taking you to suplex city and going all Roman reigns on you, dodging your punches to give my superman punch, he'll also understand why Shawn Michaels super kicks gets him his victories. Just before ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT, and a little RKO, he's gonna get the gift of Maky and drink it in.

Honestly, I'm not gonna sit in one corner and cry also probably plead, I'll fight. And we'll end up in the hospital together. As man and wife. kiss
you made my day...
Re: When Should A Man Hit His Woman? The Fact About Relationship Abuse And Assault! by analice107: 4:57pm On Oct 08, 2017
Dextology:
Curse be the day I hit any woman most especially the one I have professed love to.

There are other means to deal with a woman, physical abuse will inflict both physical and emotional injury on her.
If you give her one slap is not abuse my dear.
Re: When Should A Man Hit His Woman? The Fact About Relationship Abuse And Assault! by Prec1ous(m): 5:03pm On Oct 08, 2017
pocohantas:

I look forward to threads that'll explain in details like this one, why women inflict bodily harms on their husbands...not in self-defence for hitting them, but for insulting them, cheating or them or any form of misdemeanour.

When I begin to see such threads in numbers. Then you all can have the right to talk about double standard.

Noted, I will mention you when it is out!
Re: When Should A Man Hit His Woman? The Fact About Relationship Abuse And Assault! by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 08, 2017
Prec1ous:

What about how she deals with you?

I don't support anything relating to abuse but this post is based on observation.

It can be both side of the coin, don't think it's only women that get involved in verbal abuse nor only men that indulge in physical abuse. Growing up I had a neighbour that beats up her husband and the man get mouth pass woman.

It all boils down to getting an a partner that you both understand your temperament and limits.

Have you ever wonder why some people have crisis free marriage. It is not a mirage and it doesn't mean discord doesn't come up at all but it all about understanding and finding a better way to handle difficult situations rather than hitting or kicking a woman.
Re: When Should A Man Hit His Woman? The Fact About Relationship Abuse And Assault! by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 08, 2017
analice107:

If you give her one slap is not abuse my dear.

From one slap you graduate to one punch then a kick, right? undecided undecided
Re: When Should A Man Hit His Woman? The Fact About Relationship Abuse And Assault! by makydebbie(f): 5:16pm On Oct 08, 2017
joelens007:
you made my day...
I'm glad I did. wink
Re: When Should A Man Hit His Woman? The Fact About Relationship Abuse And Assault! by makydebbie(f): 5:19pm On Oct 08, 2017
Prec1ous:

You must really be a fan of WWE.

The explanations you gave is just how most guys feel. They give no room for complacency and bullsh!t.

Just act your role and you will be fine.

Still waiting on my BANKU!
I'm a big fan.

Marriage is a different thing entirely, if one doesn't have the patience for it, then they should just have babymamas.

Banku is cooling in my tummie. smiley
Re: When Should A Man Hit His Woman? The Fact About Relationship Abuse And Assault! by analice107: 5:26pm On Oct 08, 2017
Fearlez:
After reading this nicely written piece, it seems the central theme is a subtle justification for hitting a woman.

OP even endorses verbal assault to warrant a beating.

I think a woman could be hit if she hits first but for verbal insult? Any woman beater reading this piece will justify his actions.

Disgraceful.
But verbal insult is her weapon of assault ni. Hmmm, if a given woman flogs you with her mouth sir, you'd rather she kicks you in your guts.

For me, beating a woman is not the same thing as shaking her up. Shake her up if she beats you with her mouth. You know what i mean?

And, let us not forget that a lot of men are being beaten at home but the women cry wolf. I have seen it happen. She knows the society will support her, so she strikes hard before people come around.
She'll strike, shouting at the same time, clawing at the man.
Re: When Should A Man Hit His Woman? The Fact About Relationship Abuse And Assault! by analice107: 5:29pm On Oct 08, 2017
pocohantas:
Men are not the only ones guilty of physical assault.
I don't know why we have so many threads stereotyping men as perpetrators and women as the sole instigators.

Now that I have made my point that women are also culprits.

When would we see much threads telling women when they can use knife or hot water on men for verbal, emotional or any form of abuse? You know women go all the way, knowing they can't match the man physically.

I know that day will never come.
Thank you. Some women have left their men with brushed egos and deflated the self esteem.
Re: When Should A Man Hit His Woman? The Fact About Relationship Abuse And Assault! by Prec1ous(m): 5:37pm On Oct 08, 2017
analice107:

But verbal insult is her weapon of assault ni. Hmmm, if a given woman flogs you with her mouth sir, you'd rather she kicks you in your guts.

For me, beating a woman is not the same thing as shaking her up. Shake her up if she beats you with her mouth. You know what i mean?

And, let us not forget that a lot of men are being beaten at home but the women cry wolf. I have seen it happen. She knows the society will support her, so she strikes hard before people come around.

You really understand the woman power.

If some women use their mouth on you, you will be there wondering why she did not just slap you.

The words from a woman's mouth hurts more than her hitting you.

I stand up o be corrected.
Re: When Should A Man Hit His Woman? The Fact About Relationship Abuse And Assault! by DONADAMS(m): 5:40pm On Oct 08, 2017
make I wait here...I'm not in support of domestic violence buh ah swear if some women insult you ehn..chai...it takes the grace of God...just commot for house when they start their wahala..that's if they'll even let you out..some will even lock the door and insert the key in their privates..chai..after God,fear women
Re: When Should A Man Hit His Woman? The Fact About Relationship Abuse And Assault! by analice107: 5:48pm On Oct 08, 2017
Dextology:

From one slap you graduate to one punch then a kick, right? undecided undecided
Some women get mouth and they insult your parents.
Re: When Should A Man Hit His Woman? The Fact About Relationship Abuse And Assault! by Fearlez: 5:58pm On Oct 08, 2017
analice107:

A man who flings a fist at his wife for verbal insults have no business in marriage. He is also showing a deep-seated sign of mental and emotional inadequacy.

And from personal experience I have gathered that men who are apt at striking women are always often cowards shrinking away from physical confrontation with fellow men.

Whatever the reason or excuse to hit a woman is, verbal assault should never be encouraged because no one can draw the line of moderation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Should A Man Hit His Woman? The Fact About Relationship Abuse And Assault! by ubunja(m): 7:04pm On Oct 08, 2017
Noone has a right to put their hands on another.if a woman raises her hand to her man she better be prepared to deal with his masculinity.when a man raises his hand on a woman he must be ready to deal the women's other BF-the State.but the state doesn't hit,it just arrests. So the woman will bear the scars on her face while the man bears the record of woman-beater. We all lose.

2 Likes

Re: When Should A Man Hit His Woman? The Fact About Relationship Abuse And Assault! by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 08, 2017
MEILYN:
I didn't read all you wrote, but I tell you bro. Any woman who's courageous enough to hit me should be ready to learn some equality lessons. I may spare you if I love you to an extent, but trust me you are getting a response when you lay your hands on me. I will never walk away and I don't care what the society thinks, I don't care what these holier than thou men think as well on nairaland. If you can't be a lady, don't expect me to be a gentleman. Women and men are equal now, If you touch me, it means you are looking for a fight.

Equality shouldn't be brought up when it favors you alone. I am likely to knockout a man who hits me, there's absolutely no problem if I decided to give the same treatment to any woman who hits me as well. I am for equality, no gender is superior so why should I Walk away when I could break a Jaw for fun?

So if I mistakenly hit your face hard till it starts bleeding

U'll hit Me back?
Re: When Should A Man Hit His Woman? The Fact About Relationship Abuse And Assault! by adjoviomole(m): 8:03pm On Oct 08, 2017
mhizesther:

U'll hit Me back?

cheesy mistakenly hit till it bleeds when it's not nollywood
Re: When Should A Man Hit His Woman? The Fact About Relationship Abuse And Assault! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 08, 2017
adjoviomole:

cheesy mistakenly hit till it bleeds when it's not nollywood

It happens o grin grin
What would u do?
Re: When Should A Man Hit His Woman? The Fact About Relationship Abuse And Assault! by MEILYN(m): 8:21pm On Oct 08, 2017
mhizesther:

U'll hit Me back?
I am wise enough to understand the situation. There's a difference between hitting a man mistakenly and hitting him after several provocations. Most women hit you believing you cannot hit them back, they just grab a weapon and try to stab you like they could actually get into a fight with you. Those kinds of women need to be taught a lesson, they need to learn that it's totally wrong to hit or try to fight with a man with the mindset that he wouldn't hit you back.

I have never hit a woman before though. I am considering it since women want equality. I don't want to discriminate or sound sexist, it's their rights for me to hit them back when they hit me first. Women deserve equal rights and I agree...
Re: When Should A Man Hit His Woman? The Fact About Relationship Abuse And Assault! by adjoviomole(m): 8:26pm On Oct 08, 2017
mhizesther:

It happens o grin grin What would u do?

Explain better first, how the mistake happens?
Re: When Should A Man Hit His Woman? The Fact About Relationship Abuse And Assault! by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 08, 2017
MEILYN:
I am wise enough to understand the situation. There's a difference between hitting a man mistakenly and hitting him after several provocations. Most women hit you believing you cannot hit them back, they just grab a weapon and try to stab you like they could actually get into a fight with you. Those kinds of women need to be taught a lesson, they need to learn that it's totally wrong to hit or try to fight with a man with the mindset that he wouldn't hit you back.

I have never hit a woman before though. I am considering it since women want equality. I don't want to discriminate or sound sexist, it's their rights for me to hit them back when they hit me first. Women deserve equal rights and I agree...

Dear, u know we don't have the kind of strength u guys have.. I dot plan on hitting my bf but even if it happens he should just give me a hug or walk out.. hitting me back is evil
Re: When Should A Man Hit His Woman? The Fact About Relationship Abuse And Assault! by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 08, 2017
adjoviomole:

Explain better first, how the mistake happens?

Well, maybe during an argument, I get angry and mistakenly pick up a pestle and mistakenly hit u with it without knowing cause I was upset.
Re: When Should A Man Hit His Woman? The Fact About Relationship Abuse And Assault! by adjoviomole(m): 8:52pm On Oct 08, 2017
mhizesther:

It happens o grin grin
What would u do?

If it actually happens as a mistake, then you will do the needful treat the wound and then prepare my favourite meal and we are good
Re: When Should A Man Hit His Woman? The Fact About Relationship Abuse And Assault! by adjoviomole(m): 8:54pm On Oct 08, 2017
mhizesther:

Well, maybe during an argument, I get angry and mistakenly pick up a pestle and mistakenly hit u with it without knowing cause I was upset.

Ah! Which kine mistake be this one. Even for nollywood na always slap mistake.

Pestle loun loun kuku kill me na

Re: When Should A Man Hit His Woman? The Fact About Relationship Abuse And Assault! by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 08, 2017
adjoviomole:

If it actually happens as a mistake, then you will do the needful treat the wound and then prepare my favourite meal and we are good

Awwww.. I like u already
Re: When Should A Man Hit His Woman? The Fact About Relationship Abuse And Assault! by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 08, 2017
adjoviomole:

Ah! Which kine mistake be this one. Even for nollywood na always slap mistake.

Pestle loun loun kuku kill me na

grin grin
Re: When Should A Man Hit His Woman? The Fact About Relationship Abuse And Assault! by adjoviomole(m): 9:08pm On Oct 08, 2017
mhizesther:

grin grin
cheesy o buru gan o.
Re: When Should A Man Hit His Woman? The Fact About Relationship Abuse And Assault! by Augustap(f): 9:34pm On Oct 08, 2017
A man shouldn't hit a woman. True! But some women can push their husbands beyond limits, especially when it comes to verbal abuse. Btw, holding onto his clothing could make him wild. But it all boils down to SELF CONTROL.
Re: When Should A Man Hit His Woman? The Fact About Relationship Abuse And Assault! by MEILYN(m): 9:56pm On Oct 08, 2017
mhizesther:

Dear, u know we don't have the kind of strength u guys have.. I dot plan on hitting my bf but even if it happens he should just give me a hug or walk out.. hitting me back is evil
Hahahaha, Lmao. I wouldn't hit my girlfriend or my wife under any circumstance but these girls are just pushing it. How would someone come to me and say men and women are equal in all ramifications? The other day, one was saying women should be allowed to lead combat in the military during war. Her fellow ladies gave her a big support, nothing I said changed their minds that day. Now I am saying, okay if that's what you want then you will get it. How about I put you to sleep when you hit me first during an argument? We all know ladies are known to hit first and then play the victim card when men retaliate.

You are alright if you are a loving lady and I know you well enough to understand that you hit me because of your feelings at that moment. It won't be the same for aggressive ladies though, you can't hit me for no reason and expect me to watch you or walk away.
Re: When Should A Man Hit His Woman? The Fact About Relationship Abuse And Assault! by MEILYN(m): 10:00pm On Oct 08, 2017
Augustap:
A man shouldn't hit a woman. True! But some women can push their husbands beyond limits, especially when it comes to verbal abuse. Btw, holding onto his clothing could make him wild. But it all boils down to SELF CONTROL.
What happened to self control for the woman? Not holding his shirt would go a long way to stop the violence from occurring.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does Tribe Matter Before Initiating In A Committed Relationship? / best sex video / Bizarre! Man Seen Having S£x With Mad Woman In Akwa Ibom Broad Daylight (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.