Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

You Don't Require A Visa To Russia For The World Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / You Don't Require A Visa To Russia For The World Cup (3994 Views)

Super Eagles Land In Russia For World Cup / Mohammed Salah Arrives Russia For World Cup (Photos) / Olga Diyachenko Welcomes Nigeria To Russia With Loved Up Photo With Mikel Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Don't Require A Visa To Russia For The World Cup by Boscolo: 3:39pm On Oct 08, 2017
Russia is not normally the easiest country to visit as you need to get hold of a visa whenever you are travelling there, but the authorities have helped football fans out.

Fans heading to Russia to see World Cup games will not need to get a visa for the country which will save people a lot of effort and a substantial fee.

The US Russian embassy set out the arrangements for travelling without a visa in this statement.
‘In accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation, entry (exit) of foreign citizens and stateless persons arriving in Russia as spectators for sports events within the framework of the FIFA 2018 World Cup (will be held from June 14 to July 15, 2018 in the cities of Moscow, St. Petersburg, Sochi, Kazan, Ekaterinburg, Kaliningrad, Nizhny Novgorod, Rostov-on-Don, Samara, Saransk, Volgograd), is carried out without issued Russian visas.

‘However, in order to be admitted to Russia foreign citizens/stateless persons must have a valid identity document (“tourist” passport) and a “Personalized card of the spectator” (also known as a “Fan ID”)’

What is a Fan ID?

The Fan ID card is needed by any spectator who is attending games at the World Cup in Russia, and anyone who wants to get into the country next summer without a visa.

You can only apply for one when you have applied for match tickets and FIFA has approved the application.

You can submit the application here – but it is not possible to yet as ticket approvals have not been sent out yet.

When and where to apply for tickets

It is possible to apply for individual match tickets for all matches at the World Cup at the FIFA website.

So, if you need to go to Russia to support the Super Eagles of Nigeria, all you need is to get a ticket for the match and apply for a fan ID.That is all you need to be in Moscow.

http://www.russianembassy.org/page/fifa-world-cup-2018-visa-information

1 Like

Re: You Don't Require A Visa To Russia For The World Cup by ChineseBuggati3(m): 4:36pm On Oct 08, 2017
Wow what a way to boost their economy with tourism, oya Nigeria you will not think like this
Re: You Don't Require A Visa To Russia For The World Cup by Arsenalholic(m): 4:37pm On Oct 08, 2017
Nice info!

Thanks Op.

CC: seangy4konji
Re: You Don't Require A Visa To Russia For The World Cup by BrutalJab: 4:45pm On Oct 08, 2017
Make I start to dey pack my bag o
Re: You Don't Require A Visa To Russia For The World Cup by seangy4konji: 5:38pm On Oct 08, 2017
cheesy nice one bro. Na to deh save money remain be that make God bless plenty. You can get the group stages ticket first as you are not sure of them moving past that.na to start save and keep monitoring.thanks bro. That's a relief also because of Nigeria stress and documentation and hope when the time comes they pass it all along to airlines and airport officials l
Arsenalholic:
Nice info!

Thanks Op.

CC: seangy4konji

1 Like

Re: You Don't Require A Visa To Russia For The World Cup by Arsenalholic(m): 10:37pm On Oct 08, 2017
seangy4konji:
cheesy nice one bro. Na to deh save money remain be that make God bless plenty. You can get the group stages ticket first as you are not sure of them moving past that.na to start save and keep monitoring.thanks bro. That's a relief also because of Nigeria stress and documentation and hope when the time comes they pass it all along to airlines and airport officials l
On point mehn.

But I still think you can buy up to Q/final tickets. If Naija no reach there, watch other teams grin
Re: You Don't Require A Visa To Russia For The World Cup by Nobody: 11:49pm On Oct 08, 2017
What measures are in place to ensure dat terrorists don't gain easy entrance and use d worldcup to make a statement or two?
Re: You Don't Require A Visa To Russia For The World Cup by johnduel: 11:58pm On Feb 08, 2018
Please can anyone help me on how to get the world cup ticket here in naija cos i want to apply for the fan id
Re: You Don't Require A Visa To Russia For The World Cup by Lucky4real28(m): 6:26pm On Feb 22, 2018
Its simple, just apply for the ticket on fifa website and if you get approved apply for FAN ID. I applied for the tickets too . I have been debited and I am sure to get the tickets soon.
johnduel:
Please can anyone help me on how to get the world cup ticket here in naija cos i want to apply for the fan id
Re: You Don't Require A Visa To Russia For The World Cup by Saintsquare(m): 11:46pm On Mar 16, 2018
Lucky4real28:
Its simple, just apply for the ticket on fifa website and if you get approved apply for FAN ID. I applied for the tickets too . I have been debited and I am sure to get the tickets soon.
have u gotten your fan id ?
Re: You Don't Require A Visa To Russia For The World Cup by Lucky4real28(m): 11:10am On Mar 20, 2018
Approved and printed, just waiting for it to be sent to me.
Saintsquare:
have u gotten your fan id ?
Re: You Don't Require A Visa To Russia For The World Cup by lexyman(m): 12:29pm On Mar 20, 2018
nice strategy .... i think this will help fifa to sell tickets
Re: You Don't Require A Visa To Russia For The World Cup by Movies4star(f): 12:57pm On Mar 20, 2018
A very helpful article, this will help a lot of fans to enjoy the match hassle-free.
Re: You Don't Require A Visa To Russia For The World Cup by Amarachi199(f): 10:25pm On Apr 04, 2018
Hi lucky....

I'm also planning to go for the world cup... ive missed all the ticket sales phases except the last one where ill buy....

Can you guide me through the process?? You can contact me on: 08122220096. Tnxs
Re: You Don't Require A Visa To Russia For The World Cup by Enoma222(m): 1:02am On Apr 05, 2018
Amarachi199:
Hi lucky....

I'm also planning to go for the world cup... ive missed all the ticket sales phases except the last one where ill buy....

_mah_join_yuh_nah
Re: You Don't Require A Visa To Russia For The World Cup by CowHard: 11:01pm On Apr 16, 2018
Good opportunity to leave the shithole permanently
Re: You Don't Require A Visa To Russia For The World Cup by Stevepummel: 1:58pm On Apr 25, 2018
Lucky4real28:
Approved and printed, just waiting for it to be sent to me.

Hello bro please Can I have ur WhatsApp number? I have interest in this travel please
Re: You Don't Require A Visa To Russia For The World Cup by Olawuyiamole: 2:07pm On Apr 25, 2018
I have done for 5 pple too,you can WhatsApp me if interrsted:zero eight one,three six ,nine one,five five,six four.
Re: You Don't Require A Visa To Russia For The World Cup by Olawuyiamole: 2:09pm On Apr 25, 2018
Amarachi199:
Hi lucky....

have you gotten the fifa ID yet?i can be of help.
Re: You Don't Require A Visa To Russia For The World Cup by Sportxclusive: 3:32pm On Apr 25, 2018
World Cup
Re: You Don't Require A Visa To Russia For The World Cup by seunlayi(m): 6:57am On Apr 26, 2018
I can see many yahoo boys strolling to Russia to watch the games this summer. Good move
Re: You Don't Require A Visa To Russia For The World Cup by sirbiolee(m): 4:39pm On May 25, 2018
Olawuyiamole:
I have done for 5 pple too,you can WhatsApp me if interrsted:zero eight one,three six ,nine one,five five,six four.

someone is twisting my friend here with his fans id.. telling him to pay 120k for them post the document to Lagos.. Any help?
Re: You Don't Require A Visa To Russia For The World Cup by Chogzy(m): 8:49am On Jun 09, 2018
Guys, what happens if you miss your appoinment date for ticket collection, cos the last possible date was 10th of june. and i plan on entering on the 19th. can anyone help?

(1) (Reply)

Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career / DOWNLOAD EPL VIDEO: Chelsea Vs Southampton 4-2 2017 Goals & Highlights / Which Team Will Win 2005/2006 Premiership Season?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.