Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,881 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:15 AM

Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (50290 Views)

3 Sectors With High Employment Rate Unemployed Graduates Should Consider / No Good Job? –try These Top 7 Nigerian ICT Jobs With High Employment Rate / Top 8 Jobs With High Employment Chances For Fresh Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng by 1Dray(m): 9:36pm On Oct 09, 2017
sonature1:
Putting Borno ahead of Rivers State is an insult to the latter. The number of companies in Trans-Amadi alone far outnumber those in the whole of Borno State.
Who Rivers epp?
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng by 1Dray(m): 9:38pm On Oct 09, 2017
Mazeltovscotty:
and when the companies were recruiting, where were you? Pls delist Borno state joor, its insulting

Why should he delist Borno? Who are you to say that?
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng by boborneyor(m): 9:48pm On Oct 09, 2017
Abuja na who know man oo....Even to get better ppa na die but all the same we go make am #AbujaCofa

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng by 1Dray(m): 9:48pm On Oct 09, 2017
Imarnuel04:
Those in development work (NGOs) will agree that over the last 5 years, Borno ranks high in available vacancies in Nigeria. This is because of many are in need of humanitarian support caused by Boko Haram in that region. Many international NGOs are working there and more are still coming in. Some of the areas they work in are;
Health
Water sanitation and hygiene
Nutrition and food aid
Logistics
Shelter and site provision
Child protection

I was deployed to Borno by an NGO for some months and it's not so bad. There's a satisfaction you get from helping people in need.. And they pay well too wink

True
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng by Abagworo(m): 9:48pm On Oct 09, 2017
What I expected to see is Lagos, Ogun, Anambra, Rivers, Abua and Kano. OP might be referring to white collar jobs and not opportunities.
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng by laurel03(m): 9:50pm On Oct 09, 2017
chrisbaxtian:

oga! you no get argument! Ibadan is behind Ogun state when it comes to industrialization and employment opportunities
na u gt argument... why Abuja is on the list? is there any industry in Abuja?aside industries in agbara and otta what other things in ogun? ibadan gt uncountable industries too
British American Tobacco...
Two coca cola plants ...
Biggest Nigeria breweries...
7up bottling company
sumal foods
yale biscuits number 1 in Nigeria
zartech
biggest shoprite in nig
oriental foods
fan milk... etc and uncountable
aside industries oyo get many things than ogun... i am ready to support it with pictures ... let start from ds
1polo club
2 agodi garden
3 iita golf club
4 ibadan golf club

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng by talk2ekpa(m): 9:51pm On Oct 09, 2017
Abagworo:
What I expected to see is Lagos, Ogun, Anambra, Rivers, Abua and Kano. OP might be referring to white collar jobs and not opportunities.
I'm sure you are from one of these states...! True or False?
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng by omoboy110: 9:55pm On Oct 09, 2017
Lawsimon:
how many people have these companies recruited since January till date? try and understand the op's point.

this companies employ month bro i stay in these area,unless u are the lazy type or u dey find CBN job that u will say u re jobless.This companies employ staff from unskilled to skilled
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng by Davoneskay(m): 10:00pm On Oct 09, 2017
As I see Ibadan, my eye red. Abi na teaching job u dey refer to?
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng by four4: 10:00pm On Oct 09, 2017
Oluwainnie:

but I'm in ogun state and yet to get a job
is it everybody that stays or leaves in Lagos have job?
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng by Angy55(f): 10:01pm On Oct 09, 2017
onward4life:
Abeg remove Abuja from the lists pls!

If Huhari does not give yu work Gnld will give Down here

Thanks
Hahaha. I concur brother.. To get a job that pays above 50k in Abuja, you have to be highly connected. 30k,35k,40k jobs all over and you have to pay your ass out on transport and accommodation.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng by goaldynman(m): 10:03pm On Oct 09, 2017
You guys can continue dragging which of your state has the highest job opportunities while we keep taking the juicy jobs and making progress in our careers! Lazy jobless Afonjas!!
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 09, 2017
Hipsofagoddess:

Pls how did you get the job?
I was recommended by a former boss when I was an intern. That's the easiest way to get in

1 Like

Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng by goaldynman(m): 10:14pm On Oct 09, 2017
laurel03:
na u gt argument... why Abuja is on the list? is there any industry in Abuja?aside industries in agbara and otta what other things in ogun? ibadan gt uncountable industries too
British American Tobacco...
Two coca cola plants ...
Biggest Nigeria breweries...
7up bottling company
sumal foods
yale biscuits number 1 in Nigeria
zartech
biggest shoprite in nig
oriental foods
fan milk... etc and uncountable
aside industries oyo get many things than ogun... i am ready to support it with pictures ... let start from ds
1polo club
2 agodi garden
3 iita golf club
4 ibadan golf club

Is that all? You Ibadan people always don't disappoint!!

Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng by samsobo24(m): 10:21pm On Oct 09, 2017
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng by wman(m): 10:48pm On Oct 09, 2017
goaldynman:
You guys can continue dragging which of your state has the highest job opportunities while we keep taking the juicy jobs and making progress in our careers! Lazy jobless Afonjas!!

slowpoke you are. Tribalistic gorilla you are.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng by callmeancestor: 11:49pm On Oct 09, 2017
Oluwainnie:

I hear. I'm in ogun and currently in need of a job
Sorry Wats ur qualification?
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng by stpat1(m): 12:15am On Oct 10, 2017
Is Abuja a state?
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng by EvilMetahuman: 12:28am On Oct 10, 2017
[s]
goaldynman:

Is that all? You Ibadan people always don't disappoint!!
[/s]
What is this one saying? undecided
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng by menacity(m): 12:43am On Oct 10, 2017
Please Give me names of NGOs i can apply to.Thank you
Imarnuel04:
Those in development work (NGOs) will agree that over the last 5 years, Borno ranks high in available vacancies in Nigeria. This is because of many are in need of humanitarian support caused by Boko Haram in that region. Many international NGOs are working there and more are still coming in. Some of the areas they work in are;
Health
Water sanitation and hygiene
Nutrition and food aid
Logistics
Shelter and site provision
Child protection

I was deployed to Borno by an NGO for some months and it's not so bad. There's a satisfaction you get from helping people in need.. And they pay well too wink
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng by amrichy(m): 3:20am On Oct 10, 2017
wolextayo:
If to say Lagos fit just big sha. As small as it is. It's still the center of excellence
no wory, we go soon take part of ur vilage augment am
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng by Deo1986(m): 5:56am On Oct 10, 2017
op your list is faulty, bayelsa is suppose to be there. And beside borno you mentioned should be delisted.
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 10, 2017
i am lukin @ benue frm numba 36 wit dz present govt.
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng by wolextayo: 8:00am On Oct 10, 2017
amrichy:

no wory, we go soon take part of ur vilage augment am
When you're coming into my mention next time, Pls bring your SENSE along
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng by philiancoop(m): 8:33am On Oct 10, 2017
chrisbaxtian:

yes! Ogun state! it's far better than oyo in terms of industrialization and job opportunities
Oga leave that side o. Na ogun I dey. Not in top 10
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng by ebuka1511(m): 8:53am On Oct 10, 2017
It might sound off to you, but that is the truth, infact, it should be No. 2 on the list. the state currently have more than 30 international NGOs. When i was job searching and was in PH searching, nothing, I mean nothing came out, then most Oil firms were all down sizing,this was late 2016, it was only when i learnt that as a job seeker, you have to be mobile and chase the openings where ever they are situated. Hot.nigerian.jobs.com then made it easy, together with other job search engine , I discovered that almost 80% of all openings were in the North East, Borno mainly. I changed my view by applying to those openings and guess what? One of the INGOs, shortlisted me, Scheduled me for an online test, after the test, skype interview was conducted, and Oluwa been by me, I was given an offer x3 what is obtainable in PH.
All these happened in a day, I mean the Test, Skype interview and Offer. I was then asked when to resume which I gave them, to my surprise, they reserved a flight ticket for me on that day, that saw me to the Land of the Shehus, on Arrival, had a warm reception as I was picked from the airport, taken straight to a 5 Star Hotel, and asked to resume next day. On my arrival, I was told i will be staying in the Hotel for a month, but if i can get an accommodation within the month, I will be paid in cash, balance of the days I did not stay in the hotel.
As s sharp guy, Got my accommodation within 2 weeks, and the cash was more than enough to pay for my rent and also furnish it. For all searching, please beam your searchlight here in Borno, to give you a rough picture, cleaners where i work earn around 80k per month, drivers earn 150k and these are jobs that the minimum qualification is FSLC. If your opportuned to work with any of the UN agencies scattered across the state, you are made, for example, In the UN, A driver earns a minimum of 257k excluding over time allowances of 90k per month and DSAs for missions. Please give it a trial, the lowest level in INGOs which is Assistance earns a minimum of 150k as basic salary . Yes there are incidences of Bombings, but follow all security briefings and you will be fine. Oxfamnovib Nigeria, Thanks for the opportunity.
sonature1:
Putting Borno ahead of Rivers State is an insult to the latter. The number of companies in Trans-Amadi alone far outnumber those in the whole of Borno State.

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng by talk2ekpa(m): 8:59am On Oct 10, 2017
ebuka1511:
It might sound off to you, but that is the truth, infact, it should be No. 2 on the list. the state currently have more than 30 international NGOs. When i was job searching and was in PH searching, nothing, I mean nothing came out, then most Oil firms were all down sizing, it was only when i learnt that as a job seeker. you have to be mobile and chase the openings where ever they are situated. then made it easy, together with other job search engine , I discovered that almost 80% of all openings were in the North East, Borno mainly. I changed my view by applying to those openings and guess what? One of the INGOs, shortlisted me, Scheduled me for an online test, after the test, skype interview was conducted, and Oluwa been by me, I was given an offer x3 what is obtainable in PH.
All these happenes in a day, I mean the Test, Skype interview and Offer. I was then asked when to resume which I gave them, to my surprise, they reserved a flight ticket for me on that day, that saw me to the Land of the Shehus, on Arrival, had a warm reception as I was picked from the airport, taken straight to a 5 Star Hotel, and asked to resume next day. On my arrival, I was told i will be staying in the Hotel for a month, but if i can get an accommodation within the month, I will be paid in cash, balance of the days I did not stay in the hotel.
As s sharp guy, Got my accommodation within 2 weeks, and the cash was more than enough to pay for my rent and also furnish it. For all searching, please beam your searchlight here in Borno. Yes there are incidences of Bombings, but follow all security briefings and you will be fine. Oxfamnovib Nigeria, Thanks for the opportunity.
Congratulations Bro

1 Like

Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng by girl4rmspace(f): 9:08am On Oct 10, 2017
laurel03:
oyo on dt list will make potorpotor people vex now....

Please who are the potorpotor people
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng by girl4rmspace(f): 9:12am On Oct 10, 2017
wolextayo:

Indeed but Abuja is the next big thing after Lagos. How I wish a new state can be created which will have a proper planning so that we can also have a Las Vegas here in 9ja

Well eko Atlantic in lagos is not a state but when completed, it will be the closest thing to our own Las Vegas. Lol

1 Like

Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng by oluwalonikemi: 9:39am On Oct 10, 2017
laurel03:
you think so.... oyo no be ogun mate in everything... mabinu.
even in IGR?
Re: Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng by uzolexis(f): 1:03pm On Oct 10, 2017
ebuka1511:
It might sound off to you, but that is the truth, infact, it should be No. 2 on the list. the state currently have more than 30 international NGOs. When i was job searching and was in PH searching, nothing, I mean nothing came out, then most Oil firms were all down sizing,this was late 2016, it was only when i learnt that as a job seeker, you have to be mobile and chase the openings where ever they are situated. Hot.nigerian.jobs.com then made it easy, together with other job search engine , I discovered that almost 80% of all openings were in the North East, Borno mainly. I changed my view by applying to those openings and guess what? One of the INGOs, shortlisted me, Scheduled me for an online test, after the test, skype interview was conducted, and Oluwa been by me, I was given an offer x3 what is obtainable in PH.
All these happened in a day, I mean the Test, Skype interview and Offer. I was then asked when to resume which I gave them, to my surprise, they reserved a flight ticket for me on that day, that saw me to the Land of the Shehus, on Arrival, had a warm reception as I was picked from the airport, taken straight to a 5 Star Hotel, and asked to resume next day. On my arrival, I was told i will be staying in the Hotel for a month, but if i can get an accommodation within the month, I will be paid in cash, balance of the days I did not stay in the hotel.
As s sharp guy, Got my accommodation within 2 weeks, and the cash was more than enough to pay for my rent and also furnish it. For all searching, please beam your searchlight here in Borno, to give you a rough picture, cleaners where i work earn around 80k per month, drivers earn 150k and these are jobs that the minimum qualification is FSLC. If your opportuned to work with any of the UN agencies scattered across the state, you are made, for example, In the UN, A driver earns a minimum of 257k excluding over time allowances of 90k per month and DSAs for missions. Please give it a trial, the lowest level in INGOs which is Assistance earns a minimum of 150k as basic salary . Yes there are incidences of Bombings, but follow all security briefings and you will be fine. Oxfamnovib Nigeria, Thanks for the opportunity.

Hi, can you speak hausa and have you worked in the north before? I'm into development as well though most of my experience has been in Kenya. I've been applying to many of the development jobs in Nigeria and as most of the vacancies are in the north they require you to either have had experience working in the north or speak hausa/Fulani/kanuri and the language requirement discourages me. There was one I got to the final stage of the recruitment process but didn't scale through cos I could not speak hausa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shortlisted Candidates For EFCC Graduate Cadre / HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) / Ministry Gives N-power Recruitment Slots To Lawmakers, Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.