Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,094 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria (32163 Views)

Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier / The Proposed Oshodi-Abule Egba BRT Route: 11 Things To Know (PHOTOS) / Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by ibkayee(f): 9:26pm On Oct 09, 2017
Piiko:
how do u do that
Get a picture link and insert it into an image tag

Like so

[img]url/link here[/img]

Or highlight the link and click the Insert Image/Picture link
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by babeicent: 9:41pm On Oct 09, 2017
Josh44s:
Op Makurdi peaceful? I laugh in Swahili.

Let me help you reconstruct your list by adding up some few things you omitted out of fear.

1. Haven for cultism.

2. Headquarters of HIV.

3. Somebody is _fucking skin to skin somewhere in Makurdi every 5 minutes.

4. Makurdi is the only place you find serial killers in Nigeria.

5.......Let me stop here cause that town is worst than a _shit hole.
go and receive sense in Jesus name
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by sureteeboy(m): 9:51pm On Oct 09, 2017
cheren:
Don't mind fools that mistake Benue to a core northern state .95 percent of our population can't even speak core northern languages like hausa ,u can redicule us in other ways but food .
Yeah. I'm currently serving at Naka, which is very close to Makurdi and I do visit Makurdi to buy some stuffs at times. Most of their claims are not even true at all. The OP is even complaining about the sun like Makurdi is a core Northern town
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by sureteeboy(m): 9:53pm On Oct 09, 2017
XtraTochi:
Too many lies in one write up
That food part is a BIG lie
There's abundance of food in benue state, no child, and I repeat no child does that in benue
I grow up in there so don't come here to write what u don't know.

It depends on where you are in Benue o. Where I am presently, only rice, corn and some few foods are cheap. You'll buy almost everything else at exorbitant rates.
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by Coloradvantage(m): 9:53pm On Oct 09, 2017
grandstar:
One thing I notice outside Benue state is that the minority Idoma's speak badly about the more populous Tivs.

Yet the few Tivs I met are nothing but angels.

I would have dreaded marrying a Tiv if I hadn't met any first hand
he he... sure idomas a very domineering and stereotypical about the TIV's and any other tribe in Benue! I stayed and schooled with both.., tivs are very awesome people ... seriously less problematic and accommodating
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by sureteeboy(m): 9:59pm On Oct 09, 2017
Ehi07:
Like seriously how did this get to front page?
I am a proud Benue girl and I can confidently say that 90% of what is written are pure lies.
If you stayed in the village pls indicate and don't generalize.
And coming from Abuja to Benue their no where they sell roasted yam on the road for your information.
Loool seriously name the restaurant you ate o?
Garri... Of all the things you can mention. Lol. Garri is the last thing benue people are good at.
If you really stayed here you would have mentioned mangoes and oranges.
Benue is deserted and I do business here and make good money. Lol.
Am so disappointed this can even get to front page.
Please next time get your facts right before posting rubbish.
Exactly o. When I saw gaari, I was like WTF?? All gaaris I've seen in this Benue state since I got here for NYSC service are nothing compared to the ones in the southwest. But if you're exiting Benue to Abuja via Aliade (Gwer East Local Government) to this Kogi route, you're most likely to see roasted yam sellers by the roadside.

2 Likes

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by Malawian(m): 10:11pm On Oct 09, 2017
one of the only few stuff I can never forget about Markurdi is the way Hausa people make their Indomie and egg. it looks like pancake afterwards. and yes, Markurdi looks deserted, but that has to do with the area you are based in during the day.
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by Mujtahida: 10:20pm On Oct 09, 2017
ibkayee:

I hate this south African memes. Please don't popularise them here. They are too dull for my liking. Our memes are livelier and funny.
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by Mujtahida: 10:29pm On Oct 09, 2017
piagetskinner:
idomas are very proud...infact the average benue man is very proud because most of them don't travel out..
makurdi has so many filling stations u go think say na there them dey refine oil
the sun is blazing hot..can make you lose memory

food is not necessarily cheap despite it being the food basket

they can drink for Africa..beer joints everywhere

they don't have business sense..most of the businesses are owned by outsiders... its like whatever they touch crumbles

tiv people are more friendly than the idomas

they love pork esp tiv..immorality is nully secondus

let me just drop my pen before somebody calls me bad belle
So when you visit or stay in a town it's only the bad things you see? Na wa.
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 09, 2017
ibkayee:

Get a picture link and insert it into an image tag

Like so

[img]url/link here[/img]

Or highlight the link and click the Insert Image/Picture link
This 1 pass my power I will just like the picture anytime I see u do it

1 Like

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by matty01: 10:53pm On Oct 09, 2017
Josh44s:
Op Makurdi peaceful? I laugh in Swahili.

Let me help you reconstruct your list by adding up some few things you omitted out of fear.

1. Haven for cultism.

2. Headquarters of HIV.

All them TIV Boiz in Nairaland quoting me, sorry to disappoint y’all I am no longer in Makurdi, come and beat me in Lagos. grin
where are you from?
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by Josh44s(m): 11:02pm On Oct 09, 2017
matty01:
where are you from?

Yandev, Gboko grin

1 Like

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by ahamonyeka(m): 11:07pm On Oct 09, 2017
chatinent:
Markurdi is a place to be. It is the capital of Benue state in Nigeria. It is said to be The Food basket of the Nation.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-iPod9XK9oMw/UESbInC4erI/AAAAAAAACsA/EmkndQ0Hb0A/s1600/farmnet.jpg[/img]
While coming, you will experience these things:
1. You will notice they still use mud huts. It's cultural. Their mud houses are round shaped and a bit dwarfy to normal house sizes.
2. They sell only roast yam along. You will find people selling roast yam along, they'd be pursuing you to buy it like tomorrow were history.
3. Garri market. I wonder if this is where they supply garri from to the world. They are good in garri production. You'd notice they sell it much.
4. A police check-point with a military personnel. If you are studious, you will notice almost all police check-points have a military personnel accompanied with them. Maybe, to curb disobedience. You know, the Nigerian police force are not respected here in Nigeria.
5. It looks deserted. The environs look like what Moses trekked in the Bible, no wonder he had to take off his shoes.
When you are in Markurdi, you must experience these:.

6. Pigs are domesticated. Pigs are domestic animals over there, they go around like pets.
7. You use pigs to pay dowry. Reliable sources confirmed that in parts of Markurdi, pigs are used as part of paying a woman's dowry.
8. You must meet sb who speaks your language. Yes, it's true. Markurdi is in central Nigeria, therefore, almost all tribes may be found there.
9. Admiration. Seriously, they admire new comers easily! Little wonder I made many friends!
10. Seems peaceful. The place is serene. Well, let's say the place I stayed.
11. Phantom Thieves. We were cautioned that they have spirit thieves who would deal your valueable; I mean, Mr Nobodies. Well, theft is everywhere.
Origin: http://chatinent.com.ng/index.php?act=ST&f=46&t=449&st=0#entry892
beer parlour everywhere.
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by princedrhym(m): 11:28pm On Oct 09, 2017
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by Juliearth(f): 12:24am On Oct 10, 2017
Interesting!
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by elitejayjeff(m): 1:18am On Oct 10, 2017
[quote author=BafanaBafana post=61261706]Highly misleading post.
My submission is that OP visited one of those villages close to makurdi town.[/quote

When I saw the post I thought I was going to read a well research article. Op FYI it's Makurdi n Markurdi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by potent5(m): 3:29am On Oct 10, 2017
Dekmankind:

This guy really doesn't now a thing about Makurdi. He thinks it's the same as what he hears happens in the far Northern Nigerian states.
L'okonu kla k'atabo tiyuo! Far north, far north. My friend, park one side. I know both Benue and the 'far north' better than you.
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by potent5(m): 3:31am On Oct 10, 2017
[quote author=elitejayjeff post=61270399][/quote] Research your own and post let's see. Bad belle.
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by daeger: 4:34am On Oct 10, 2017
HMZi:
runs(cult),na heavy problem for here sha!!!!!!!!!!,Northbank(vikings). villa suites,gboko road(ayes). wadata(both groups) high level(both groups)...,
That **almajiri** issue of taking your food even when you aint done has never happened to me,i have lived here a really long time tho...

Baba I agree with you on this,black skull,Aye,Redskin,Aro Barga (Vikings) then Aloras,cultism is the basic problem in makurdi,then alcoholic joints and wine bar every where, Olosho yakpa everywhere.The state government worsined the situation by owing civil servants almost 10 months salary,this has also lead to increase in crime rate as for the almajiri part that one na lie o,food has never been a problem in the "food basket"

1 Like

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by BafanaBafana: 5:34am On Oct 10, 2017
piagetskinner:
idomas are very proud...infact the average benue man is very proud because most of them don't travel out..
makurdi has so many filling stations u go think say na there them dey refine oil
the sun is blazing hot..can make you lose memory

food is not necessarily cheap despite it being the food basket

they can drink for Africa..beer joints everywhere

they don't have business sense..most of the businesses are owned by outsiders... its like whatever they touch crumbles

tiv people are more friendly than the idomas

they love pork esp tiv..immorality is nully secondus

let me just drop my pen before somebody calls me bad belle
Tiv people are friendly yes. Idomas no get your time. But get into a fight with a tiv guy in tiv land and see how they will all join hands to mend you. Not minding who was wrong or right.

2 Likes

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by enonche85(m): 6:08am On Oct 10, 2017
95% of what was said are all lies!

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by enonche85(m): 6:12am On Oct 10, 2017
[quote author=elitejayjeff post=61270399][/quote]

The guy knows nothing..
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by HMZi: 6:21am On Oct 10, 2017
daeger:

Baba I agree with you on this,black skull,Aye,Redskin,Aro Barga (Vikings) then Aloras,cultism is the basic problem in makurdi,then alcoholic joints and wine bar every where, Olosho yakpa everywhere.The state government worsined the situation by owing civil servants almost 10 months salary,this has also lead to increase in crime rate as for the almajiri part that one na lie o,food has never been a problem in the "food basket"
all true bra..even tho we've got a **Jesus** man in the govt.house
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by Menzy86(m): 6:33am On Oct 10, 2017
Its a place where the men are significantly finer than their women. I've never met a beautiful tiv woman. Almost all idoma guys I know are hovering between being significantly handsome and VERY handsome. Tiv men dont fare badly too but are mostly short. Idoma girls too no dey fine compared to their guys but dem try pass tiv girls. Na just my observation from the people Ive met.
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by Terver90: 6:45am On Oct 10, 2017
I am proudly tiv, and I know that the tiv people are the most welcoming set of Nigerians who welcomes outsiders.
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by thundafire: 7:41am On Oct 10, 2017
U missed Ortom pains felt
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 10, 2017
grandstar:
One thing I notice outside Benue state is that the minority Idoma's speak badly about the more populous Tivs.

Yet the few Tivs I met are nothing but angels.

I would have dreaded marrying a Tiv if I hadn't met any first hand

shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by gfreymom302: 8:30am On Oct 10, 2017
potent5:
Another thing you notice is that when you are in a restaurant ordering or eating food, you find guys milling around. Once you touch your 'washing water' as Igbos do midway into your eating, that's the end to your eating o. Those guys go just rush your food because as far as they are concerned, you don eat finish. Lol. Advice: don't touch your washing hand water until you have actually finished eating.
You are such a big liar. You must be talking about Muslims of the core north.
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by gfreymom302: 8:34am On Oct 10, 2017
[quote author=Josh44s post=61261753]Op Makurdi peaceful? I laugh in Swahili.

1. Haven for cultism.

2. Headquarters of HIV.

All them TIV Boiz in Nairaland quoting me, sorry to disappoint y’all I am no longer in Makurdi, come and Gbujo me in Lagos. grin
[/quotep] You are such a fool to post this nonsense. Foolishness is your second nature. Be wise!
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by meforyou1(m): 8:43am On Oct 10, 2017
mykelswa:
Beer palour n night club at every street
oh yes. If he had said that I would agree. Lots of girls and beer parlour in Makurdi
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by frixie: 9:48am On Oct 10, 2017
chatinent:
Markurdi is a place to be. It is the capital of Benue state in Nigeria. It is said to be The Food basket of the Nation.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-iPod9XK9oMw/UESbInC4erI/AAAAAAAACsA/EmkndQ0Hb0A/s1600/farmnet.jpg[/img]
While coming, you will experience these things:
1. You will notice they still use mud huts. It's cultural. Their mud houses are round shaped and a bit dwarfy to normal house sizes.
2. They sell only roast yam along. You will find people selling roast yam along, they'd be pursuing you to buy it like tomorrow were history.
3. Garri market. I wonder if this is where they supply garri from to the world. They are good in garri production. You'd notice they sell it much.
4. A police check-point with a military personnel. If you are studious, you will notice almost all police check-points have a military personnel accompanied with them. Maybe, to curb disobedience. You know, the Nigerian police force are not respected here in Nigeria.
5. It looks deserted. The environs look like what Moses trekked in the Bible, no wonder he had to take off his shoes.
When you are in Markurdi, you must experience these:.

6. Pigs are domesticated. Pigs are domestic animals over there, they go around like pets.
7. You use pigs to pay dowry. Reliable sources confirmed that in parts of Markurdi, pigs are used as part of paying a woman's dowry.
8. You must meet sb who speaks your language. Yes, it's true. Markurdi is in central Nigeria, therefore, almost all tribes may be found there.
9. Admiration. Seriously, they admire new comers easily! Little wonder I made many friends!
10. Seems peaceful. The place is serene. Well, let's say the place I stayed.
11. Phantom Thieves. We were cautioned that they have spirit thieves who would deal your valueable; I mean, Mr Nobodies. Well, theft is everywhere.
Origin: http://chatinent.com.ng/index.php?act=ST&f=46&t=449&st=0#entry892

Nice write up.

Am two years in Makurdi now and have more good things to say about the town.

1. The people are hospitable. To great is not a problem to them.
2. Food is cheap in the town. You can eat Akpu without meat for 50 naira at iyaba sira or road side joint.
3. Food are rarely served with meat. You get food then followed by a tray containing different types of meat like cow, goat, fish, pig, rat, etc
4. Crime is low in the town
5. There is peace in Makurdi. All the Fulani heardsmen stuff happens in the villages.
6. Most of the youths you see hanging around are well educated. The town have no job opportunity.
7. People work for as low as 5k per month in the town
8. No bike from 8pm daily. If you're going to stay out late get a cab number or be ready to pay big for bike mostly used by security men from 8pm
9. The Governor visit new church every Sunday and donate big sum of money
10. Nothing new is in Makurdi, everything look old
11. The roads are bad in Makurdi and the neighbouring town I have visited have no road
12. Electricity is good in Makurdi.
13. You can get to every part of Nigeria from Makurdi.
14. Bar joint is the business of the town. People drink to stupor here. You find people as early as 7am drinking.
15. No eatery in the town. If you are used to MrBiggs and so on, you will be disappointed in the town.
16. Civil service is less effective in the town due to non payment of salary
17. The people are mostly Christian and very patient and humble.

Make I stop here for now. The town make sence small

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by Bigii(m): 11:00am On Oct 10, 2017
potent5:
What about the scorching and disorienting sun.

FTC after a while.
Those you below quoting me upandan, claiming to own makurdi, you have to be careful. Me wey grow up for Otukpo and have been to most parts of Benue and you are here yapping. Where were you when this post came up over 24 hours ago?

None of you supported Op except me and now that it's FP you are here claiming things... You better took your careful or Ngemochelijefa! Decode that.

Modified.

Ngenmocheijefa tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Physically Challenged Man Riding A Bike At Ojodu Beger, Lagos (Photos) / Nigerian Man Shouts At US Airline Hostess "Do You Think I Am Your Mate?" / Father Nathaniel Ogbonnaya Ugwu Involved In Accident, Survives (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.