Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ (9689 Views)

'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia / Goat With 'Allah' On His Coat Goes On Sale / Why Is The Crescent Used A Symbol Of Islam/mosque (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ by auwal87(m): 5:37pm On Mar 09, 2010
The Eagle that characterizes the Nigerian coat-of-arms is a symbol of Christ and His Divine nature, of regeneration by baptism; it is also an emblem of St. John the Evangelist. As the eagle can gaze upon the shining orb of the sun with steadfast eyes, so can Christ gaze undazzled upon the refulgent glory of God the Father.
(see the full details at http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/02576b.htm). (See also Klein 2000).

Further, Because it soars upward, the eagle is a symbol of the resurrection or ascension of Christ. By extension, the eagle symbolizes baptized Christians, who have symbolically died and risen with Christ (http://www.religionfacts.com/christianity/symbols/eagle.htm).
Re: The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 09, 2010
and? The nonsense on the naira notes nko?

Are we an islamic nation?
Re: The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ by nopuqeater: 5:54pm On Mar 09, 2010
so what? afterall thee are are christians in nigeria. the nazis adopted the swatstika, which is a hindu origin. the white supremacies adopted arian, which is a persian origin, the reason iran is so named.

i dont think that eagle is used only by christians except you are reading unnecessary meaning to it. but prophet muhammad [as] ascended and decended in one night, so is that not more than the ascension only of jesus son of mary [as] that all true muslims must believe in. adam [as] only decended.

whatever jesus did muhammad his prophetic leader did superior. what adam did muhammad his prophetic leader did superior. we should not make a mole in this ascension of jesus and the whole nigerian code of arm into an insurmountable mountain. no one is worshipping the code of arm.
Re: The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 09, 2010
nopuqeater:

so what? afterall thee are are christians in nigeria. the nazis adopted the swatstika, which is a hindu origin. the white supremacies adopted arian, which is a persian origin, the reason iran is so named.

i dont think that eagle is used only by christians except you are reading unnecessary meaning to it. but prophet muhammad [as] ascended and decended in one night, so is that not more than the ascension only of jesus son of mary [as] that all true muslims must believe in. adam [as] only decended.

[b]whatever jesus did muhammad his prophetic leader did superior. [/b]what adam did muhammad his prophetic leader did superior. we should not make a mole in this ascension of jesus and the whole nigerian code of arm into an insurmountable mountain. no one is worshipping the code of arm.

eh? grin
So you agree mohammad is "superior" to the islamic "jesus" (who doesnt exist by the way)? Heck and here i was thinking muslims said all "prophets" are equal and they make no distinction between them? cheesy
Re: The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ by auwal87(m): 6:07pm On Mar 09, 2010
It is interesting that a main argument was that the presence of ajami on Nigerian currency was seen to the “detrimental” to southern Nigerians – yet the inclusion of Roman lettering is not seen as a detrimental to non-Roman literate northern Nigerians (especially non-Muslim Hausa). And while not explicitly stated, the links made by the Nigerian economic establishment with Arabic to Islam seems to be part of a move to “de-Islamize” Nigeria – scoring a point particularly in the way most northern Nigerian States re-introduced Islamic Shari’a in their governance from 1999 lead by Zamfara State, and the earlier issue of Nigeria’s membership of the Organization of Islamic Countries (OIC) in January 1986. It is not clear where the arguments along the religious lines would end because some significant symbolism of Nigeria is decidedly Christian religious.
Re: The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ by auwal87(m): 6:09pm On Mar 09, 2010
It is clear therefore that ajami (arabic letters) can continue to play a very strong role in the provision of the indigenous knowledge base of Muslim Hausa – or indeed any Muslim population ready to use its language in this way to educate its people. What is needed is the move from debate to action.
Re: The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 09, 2010
auwal87:

It is interesting that a main argument was that the presence of ajami on Nigerian currency was seen to the “detrimental” to southern Nigerians – yet the inclusion of Roman lettering is not seen as a detrimental to non-Roman literate northern Nigerians (especially non-Muslim Hausa). And while not explicitly stated, [size=18pt]the links made by the Nigerian economic establishment with Arabic to Islam seems to be part of a move to “de-Islamize” Nigeria[/size] – scoring a point particularly in the way most northern Nigerian States re-introduced Islamic Shari’a in their governance from 1999 lead by Zamfara State, and the earlier issue of Nigeria’s membership of the Organization of Islamic Countries (OIC) in January 1986. It is not clear where the arguments along the religious lines would end because some significant symbolism of Nigeria is decidedly Christian religious.

this simply reiterates what many of us who chose to move out of Nigeria had known all along . . . that there is a concerted effort to ISLAMIZE Nigeria. Our constitution calls us a multireligious nation and NOT an islamic country.

Claiming that some are trying to "de-islamize" Nigeria implies we are an islamic nation already which is NOT true. Any effort to continue this path will lead to severe repercussions and will split this nation. All you islamic northerners can move on without us. you really are a scourge to us.
Re: The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 09, 2010
auwal87:

It is clear therefore that ajami (arabic letters) can continue to play a very strong role in the provision of the indigenous knowledge base of Muslim Hausa – or indeed any Muslim population ready to use its language in this way to educate its people. What is needed is the move from debate to action.

the ajami (that has no relevance to anyone since arabic is NOT a nigerian language) is ok but the eagle is a problem?
Re: The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ by auwal87(m): 6:30pm On Mar 09, 2010
davidylan:

the ajami (that has n[b]o relevance to anyone[/b] since arabic is NOT a nigerian language) is ok but the eagle is a problem?

it has relevance to northern nigerian Muslims
Re: The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 09, 2010
auwal87:

it has relevance to northern nigerian Muslims

Go form your own country then. Take the ajami with you . . .
Re: The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ by auwal87(m): 6:35pm On Mar 09, 2010
davidylan:

Go form your own country then. Take the ajami with you . . .

no, we will have 2 versions of naira, one in ajami one in latin. undecided
Re: The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 09, 2010
auwal87:

no, we will have 2 versions of naira, one in ajami one in latin. undecided

the new generation of southern Nigerians have had enough and very soon we will split. You can have all the naira you want, put the quran on it if you like and pledge allegiance to Saudi Arabia. We really do not care . . . just go and form your own country.

Northern muslims DO NOT want to form their own country YET do not want to be a part of the same multireligious nation as the rest of us . . . what is it with these spawns of the devil?
Re: The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ by auwal87(m): 6:55pm On Mar 09, 2010
davidylan:

the new generation of southern Nigerians have had enough and very soon we will split. You can have all the naira you want, put the quran on it if you like and pledge allegiance to Saudi Arabia. We really do not care . . . just go and form your own country.

Northern muslims DO NOT want to form their own country YET do not want to be a part of the same multireligious nation as the rest of us . . . what is it with these spawns of the devil?

You are not going anywhere, you will remain in Nigeria.
Re: The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ by Nobody: 6:58pm On Mar 09, 2010
auwal87:

You are not going anywhere, you will remain in Nigeria.

I dont even live there anymore. I'd rather be an immigrant elsewhere than share the same nation with those who wont bat an eyelid killing pregnant women and children in the name of allah.

The jews didnt even do 2% of this in Gaza and you were all here screaming like the demons you truly are. It seems you only care about "women and children" when the killers are the jews and the victims muslim.
Re: The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ by nopuqeater: 7:07pm On Mar 09, 2010
@Davidylan:« #3 on: Today at 05:57:17 PM »  
eh?  
So you agree mohammad is "superior" to the islamic "jesus" (who doesnt exist by the way)? Heck and here i was thinking muslims said all "prophets" are equal and they make no distinction between them.
davidylan, davidylan, full of ignorance. you have never held a Quran in your entire life. from where i am standing, if the west by some reason become hindu today, you will throw away the bible behind your back, forget jesus of the jewish bloodline and become just that; a hindu. you deal with popularity, man.

jesus like all other prophets are equal because they are ministers who lead and guide people to the path of God, as given to them in inspirations, away from all evils. from among them came messengers, some with texts; ibrahim, musa, daud [though a prophet], isa bin maryam and muhammad (all of them (AS)). if you think that the most recent is not higher than the much later in degree, then adam being the first would have been enough for mankind, or lets move it to what your knowledge can grasp; nuh or even musa. but then we see that the Way of God is Perfect, He let the last be the best; Muhammad (AS) His Beloved!

you cant get it, or is there a miracle coming up, you finally raising your heart to what is expected of objectivity? if you say jesus is higher to the point that you call him god, your mind must at leat be able to take it that since all the prophets did not come on earth at the same time, all born by a mother, except adam, thenthere must be a reason for the piecemeal process by which they were sent?

i see that you see everything through the prizm of north and south in nigeria as islam and christianity. not all northerners are muslims, and not all southerners are christians, so your suppositions are utterly rubbish.
Re: The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ by nopuqeater: 7:11pm On Mar 09, 2010
and the country where he is an immigrant, the passtime event there is killing of people for the slightest reason, even for a quarter or a schoolyard pickup game! enough of your rubbish. go to the funeral homes in your immigrant nation and see the worst type of killings around; overkill.
Re: The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 09, 2010
nopuqeater:

and the country where he is an immigrant, the passtime event there is killing of people for the slightest reason, even for a quarter or a schoolyard pickup game! enough of your rubbish. go to the funeral homes in your immigrant nation and see the worst type of killings around; overkill.

eh . . . 500 killed in jos and counting. Nothing remotely close to that has ever happened in here. grin try again
Re: The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ by Nobody: 12:10am On Mar 10, 2010
OP

you couldnt be more wrong, confused and paranoid.

Fish was a symbol used for Christ in ancient times.

get your facts straight and stop chasing the wind.
Re: The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ by Nobody: 12:19am On Mar 10, 2010
Egyptian coat of arms

is it also a symbol of Christ?

auwal why are you such a liar.

You sound like an almajiri thirsty for blood.
Re: The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ by Nobody: 12:21am On Mar 10, 2010
The "Eagle of Saladin" holds a scroll on which the name of the state appears in Arabic script, Gumhūriyyat Miṣr al-ʿArabiyyah ("Arab Republic of Egypt"wink. The eagle carries on its bosom a shield with the flag's colors — but with a vertical instead of a horizontal configuration. When appearing on the national flag, the eagle is rendered entirely in gold, and white. During the union with Syria in the United Arab Republic (1958-1961), and in the ten years afterwards when Egypt retained the union's official name, the two green stars of the union's flag appeared in the white band of the eagle's shield. Between 1972-1984 the eagle was replaced by the golden hawk of Qureish, as part of the symbolism of the Federation of Arab Republics.

The eagle as a symbol of Saladin is disputed by archeologists. The symbol of an eagle was found on the west wall of the citadel of Cairo (constructed by Saladin), and so is assumed by many to be his personal symbol. There is, however, little proof to defend this. It was subsequently adopted as a symbol of Arab nationalism by Iraq, Palestine, and Yemen (and formerly by Libya).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of_arms_of_Egypt
Re: The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ by chakula: 9:46am On Mar 10, 2010
Please, you guys should halt from irrelevant posting to this section.

be guided.
Re: The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ by auwal87(m): 5:28pm On Mar 10, 2010
tpia.:

The "Eagle of Saladin" holds a scroll on which the name of the state appears in Arabic script, Gumhūriyyat Miṣr al-ʿArabiyyah ("Arab Republic of Egypt"wink. The eagle carries on its bosom a shield with the flag's colors — but with a vertical instead of a horizontal configuration. When appearing on the national flag, the eagle is rendered entirely in gold, and white. During the union with Syria in the United Arab Republic (1958-1961), and in the ten years afterwards when Egypt retained the union's official name, the two green stars of the union's flag appeared in the white band of the eagle's shield. Between 1972-1984 the eagle was replaced by the golden hawk of Qureish, as part of the symbolism of the Federation of Arab Republics.

The eagle as a symbol of Saladin is disputed by archeologists. The symbol of an eagle was found on the west wall of the citadel of Cairo (constructed by Saladin), and so is assumed by many to be his personal symbol. There is, however, little proof to defend this. It was subsequently adopted as a symbol of Arab nationalism by Iraq, Palestine, and Yemen (and formerly by Libya).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of_arms_of_Egypt

Egyptian Coat of Arms = Saladin
Nigerian Coat of Arms = ??
Re: The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ by muhsin(m): 5:34pm On Mar 10, 2010
davidylan:

eh . . . 500 killed in jos and counting. Nothing remotely close to that has ever happened in here. grin try again

How many were killed and stuff in wells at Kuru? Who did it? Why are you mum at that? Please think man. We aren't little children.
Re: The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ by Nobody: 5:37pm On Mar 10, 2010
muhsin:

How many were killed and stuff in wells at Kuru? Who did it? Why are you mum at that? Please think man. We aren't little children.

It was all over the politics pages, i actively posted there and condemned those riots too. We are not "mum" over that, we KNOW quite well that it was triggered by demon-possessed muslims. Why were you mum over BOTH INCIDENTS?
Re: The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ by muhsin(m): 5:44pm On Mar 10, 2010
davidylan:

It was all over the politics pages, i actively posted there and condemned those riots too. We are not "mum" over that, we KNOW quite well that it was triggered by demon-possessed muslims. Why were you mum over BOTH INCIDENTS?

Are you being fair with me? Or let me give u a benefit of doubt . . . maybe u don't come across some of my writings on that. But I condemn them both. YET what's going on around the world over that killing of Berons left me dumbfounded. The bias is so apparent. Soul is a soul. And nobody's life is more worthy than another's.

I made a longer post on that somewhere aboard NL. Will get its link for ya.
Re: The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 10, 2010
muhsin:

Are you being fair with me? Or let me give u a benefit of doubt . . . maybe u don't come across some of my writings on that. But I condemn them both. YET what's going on around the world over that killing of Berons left me dumbfounded. The bias is so apparent. Soul is a soul. And nobody's life is more worthy than another's.

I made a longer post on that somewhere aboard NL. Will get its link for ya.

It is obvious . . . that the life of a jew and that of a christian means nothing to you. You are an animal . . . you dont deserve to live.
Re: The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 10, 2010
auwal87:

are you sure you're Nigerian, or are you one of those rented mercenaries who arm one side and then join the other side to kill the people they armed.

I used to think you had some sense but I see I was wrong.
Re: The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ by auwal87(m): 7:16pm On Mar 10, 2010
tpia.:

are you sure you're Nigerian, or are you one of those rented mercenaries who arm one side and then join the other side to kill the people they armed.

I used to think you had some sense but I see I was wrong.

I said,

If you don't have an answer just keep your mouth shut.

to your quest. I was born in Nigeria and I am holding the Nigerian passport, so I guess I am a Nigerian.
Re: The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 10, 2010
^^ anyone can claim anything on the web.

If you're waiting for me to tell you an eagle is or isnt the symbol for Christ, then you should go back to primary school because I doubt any of your teachers till date, did a good job.
Re: The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ by nopuqeater: 10:55pm On Mar 10, 2010
« #25 on: Today at 05:57:06 PM »
It is obvious . . . that the life of a jew and that of a christian means nothing to you. You are an animal . . . you dont deserve to live.
do you deserve better with this type of disregard to individual lives, just because they are muslims and or hausas/fulanis you hate so vehemently? this is what you got from jesus, damn hypocrite? the christianity you profess to practice, by your speech, you are anti-christ, for sure.
Re: The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ by ayinba1(f): 12:32am On Mar 11, 2010
@david

Why do you wish ill on my brother? He said that he condemned the killings in Jos in both cases but you are still not appeased. It doesn't matter what a muslin posts, david, you will not even see it.

I tell you, even if I say, "you david are a christian", You will first respond "liar, I am so not a christian"

Anyway, nothing you do will surprise me. The more we cut your finger off, the more rings you adorn it with. I promised myself after the last time that I will not respond to your posts in anger. If there is any good in you, Allah may have mercy upon you and make you a muslim. Otherwise, your case/fate is fully described in the Quran and sealed.
Re: The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 11, 2010
ayinba1:

@david

Why do you wish ill on my brother? He said that he condemned the killings in Jos in both cases but you are still not appeased. It doesn't matter what a muslin posts, david, you will not even see it.

You are in the same boat with him . . . an unfeeling, horrible excuse for a human. Sitting to justify the murder of the helpless. I seem to remember you both foaming in the mouth when the victims where in Gaza.

ayinba1:

I tell you, even if I say, "you david are a christian", You will first respond "liar, I am so not a christian"

Anyway, nothing you do will surprise me. The more we cut your finger off, the more rings you adorn it with. I promised myself after the last time that I will not respond to your posts in anger. If there is any good in you, Allah may have mercy upon you and make you a muslim. Otherwise, your case/fate is fully described in the Quran and sealed.

The quran is nothing but a spiritually empty plagiarism of the bible. What it has to say is as worthless as the paper it is written on. I dont fear anything it has to say.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Artificial Insemination To Get A Child: Is It A Sin In Islam? / Muslims Please Beware Of These So-called Islamic websites! / Nairaland Ramadan Iftaar 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.