Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,808 members, 7,802,585 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Information On Uk Tourist Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Information On Uk Tourist Visa (12719 Views)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors / Uk Tourist Visa Renewal Procedure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Information On Uk Tourist Visa by saintbajar(m): 7:13pm On Mar 09, 2010
i want to apply for UK tourist visa and i need help on how to go about it. its my first time to do this so i really need help on how to go about it. thanks all.
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by justwise(m): 8:05pm On Mar 09, 2010
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by saintbajar(m): 9:29am On Mar 10, 2010
Yeah thanks that links help but i need one who has done this before to give me a better step by step to it. thanks.
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by chelseabmw(m): 10:56am On Mar 14, 2010
what other advise do u need apart for that link, abi u nor fit understand am?am in uk now though and i used a tourist visa

1 Like

Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by saintbajar(m): 10:17am On Mar 17, 2010
thanks every one. i have gone through the site but i no understand am make i talk tru. i have a
*Valid international passport.
*Six months bank statement-try to avoid lump deposit of money.(my mom as she my Ssponsor(

what else do i need, thanks.
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by justwise(m): 12:15pm On Mar 17, 2010
saintbajar:

thanks every one. i have gone through the site but i no understand am make i talk tru. i have a
*Valid international passport.
*Six months bank statement-try to avoid lump deposit of money.(my mom as she my Ssponsor(

what else do i need, thanks.

Do you work in Nigeria? Married? You need to prove to BHC that you will return to Nigeria after ur visit. If your mom is sponsoring you and u don't have anything that will prove that u will be returning to Nigeria then chances are you will be denied a visa.
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by saintbajar(m): 9:04am On Mar 18, 2010
justwise:

Do you work in Nigeria? Married? You need to prove to BHC that you will return to Nigeria after your visit. If your mom is sponsoring you and u don't have anything that will prove that u will be returning to Nigeria then chances are you will be denied a visa.

I just got admission into a school in Bauchi, but section will start by june, july. so i have my admission letter(is that enough to show i will return). no am not married and i dont work but have my own account that is up too a hundred plus thousand,
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by justwise(m): 9:13am On Mar 18, 2010
saintbajar:

I just got admission into a school in Bauchi, but section will start by june, july. so i have my admission letter(is that enough to show i will return). no am not married and i dont work but have my own account that is up too a hundred plus thousand,

Admission letter may not be enough to convince BHC that you will return back to Nigeria. Take it as a gamble if you can afford to gamble it. But i have my fears. Hopefully somebody here who have been given a visa in such situation will respond.
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by saintbajar(m): 9:19am On Mar 18, 2010
justwise:

Admission letter may not be enough to convince BHC that you will return back to Nigeria. Take it as a gamble if you can afford to gamble it. But i have my fears. Hopefully somebody here who have been given a visa in such situation will respond.

ok thanks but before that. what else is require that i have. just to get my self together before i get an answer to that returning back thing.
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by joxiri: 5:13pm On Mar 18, 2010
@ poster it will be useful if you have a close relative in the uk so in the event of you being rejected you will have someone who can possibly attend your appeal
I just found out people tend to finally get their toursit visas through this route
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by saintbajar(m): 5:42pm On Mar 18, 2010
joxiri:

@ poster it will be useful if you have a close relative in the uk so in the event of you being rejected you will have someone who can possibly attend your appeal
I just found out people tend to finally get their toursit visas through this route

Sorry could you explain that better please,
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by joxiri: 5:53pm On Mar 18, 2010
well in the even of you getting rejected initially if you have close family there for instance whom you would be living with then they can atttend an appeal hearing and persuade the judge that you would return to nigeira
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by chelseabmw(m): 9:22pm On Mar 18, 2010
if u need any info i can help out
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by saintbajar(m): 9:52am On Mar 19, 2010
am so confused, dont know what to do at this point, i cant gamble it at all,
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by Rothstein: 10:11am On Mar 19, 2010
Confused? then rest. must u travel? u seem so clueless about tin.
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by Nobody: 10:35am On Mar 19, 2010
Hey guy, take it easy on him, it's mt a Must to travel . . . I guess d poster want step by step xplanations which it seems to me he had'nt gotten yet. He's stil a novice i tink.
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by saintbajar(m): 10:53am On Mar 19, 2010
Tamita:

Hey guy, take it easy on him, it's mt a Must to travel . . . I guess d poster want step by step xplanations which it seems to me he had'nt gotten yet. He's stil a novice i tink.

thanks bro. i think you just said the word. i need step by step which i have not gotten. and its my first time to apply for any thing of the nature,
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by eleven(m): 5:31pm On Mar 19, 2010
@ Poser,

I submitted my tourist visa application last week friday and received my visa last 2 days ago (on wednesday).

The steps for tourist visa are simple and straight forward.

What you need are:

1. 6 months salary payslip

2. Letter of introduction from your place of work

3. detailed travel itinerary

4. detailed planned travel expense (breakdown of your expected expenses i.e. cost of flight ticket/hotel accomodation/ transport/ shopping/ miscellaneous etc.)

5. Summary of your financial status (details of landed property/ shares /other means of income etc.) clearly typed in MS word, printed and attached as additional information to your application form

6. bank reference letter (apply to your bank for it for a fee)

7. Pensions account statement (if available)

8. Confirmed hotel reservation (you can do this online with your mastercard or visa card for free)

9. Evidence of savings (cooperative savings etc if you have)

10. be honest. for documents not available, better to explain why you don't have them than to submit fake.

These were the document I submitted and was given the visa. I pray it works for you too. Goodluck!

6 Likes

Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by Thor(m): 5:39pm On Mar 19, 2010
Eleven, it is great that you went down the official route and things worked out for you and yes it is better to be honest.
Those that present fake documents should be banned from applying for life and are no better than common criminals.

Eleven, I hope you have a great time when you visit the UK, but don't come today, it is raining grin grin grin
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by coolier(f): 8:45pm On Mar 19, 2010
12. Visa fees:

Single, double and multiple visit, valid up to 6 months  N25,000 (Not sure about this)
Longer term multiple entry (1 to 2 years) N54,600
Longer term multiple entry (5 years) N105,000
Longer term multiple entry (10 years) N130,000
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by eleven(m): 8:56pm On Mar 19, 2010
coolier:

12. Visa fees:

Single, double and multiple visit, valid up to 6 months  N25,000 (Not sure about this)
Longer term multiple entry (1 to 2 years)        N54,600
Longer term multiple entry (5 years)        N105,000
Longer term multiple entry (10 years)        N130,000

@ Coolier

Visa fee has some hidden extra charges not mentioned until you get there. Total cost for visa fee is actually 16,980 (i.e. Visa fee - 16080, SMS fee - 400 & Service charge - 500) all charges are per applicant.

Thor:

Eleven, it is great that you went down the official route and things worked out for you and yes it is better to be honest.
Those that present fake documents should be banned from applying for life and are no better than common criminals.

Eleven, I hope you have a great time when you visit the UK, but don't  come today, it is raining  grin grin grin

@ Thor

Thanks. Am actually planning to visit in May. Still trying to find the cheapest airline because am going with my wifey. It also rained in Lagos today.
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by segzeybaba(m): 8:58pm On Mar 19, 2010
coolier:

12. Visa fees:

Single, double and multiple visit, valid up to 6 months   N25,000 (Not sure about this)
Longer term multiple entry (1 to 2 years) N54,600
Longer term multiple entry (5 years) N105,000
Longer term multiple entry (10 years) N130,000

Thats the correct and relevant visa fees as of today, although the visa fees are going up 6th of April this year.

Single, double and multiple visit, valid up to 6 months N16,080
Longer term multiple entry (1 to 2 years) N51,600
Longer term multiple entry (5 years) N96,000
Longer term multiple entry (10 years) N120,000
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by segzeybaba(m): 9:00pm On Mar 19, 2010
eleven:

@ Coolier

Visa fee has some hidden extra charges not mentioned until you get there. Total cost for visa fee is actually 16,980 (i.e. Visa fee - 16080, SMS fee - 400 & Service charge - 500) all charges are per applicant.

SMS Fee is not compulsory, u can opt out, if you have other means of tracking your application, also the service charge is only when you pay your visa fees at the VFS office, you can kindly go to a sterling bank and pay without the service charge.
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by eleven(m): 10:42pm On Mar 19, 2010
segzeybaba:

SMS Fee is not compulsory, u can opt out, if you have other means of tracking your application, also the service charge is only when you pay your visa fees at the VFS office, you can kindly go to a sterling bank and pay without the service charge.

My guy, the SMS fee is compulsory o! do not be deceived grin.

Sterling bank does not accept visa fee payments from first timers like myself; I was told to pay at VFS by sterling bank where I was now charged for the services rendered. You can confirm from them.
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by saintbajar(m): 11:14am On Mar 20, 2010
@eleven:
Thanks very much for the tips, am a student and am been sponsored. ,
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by joxiri: 2:20pm On Mar 20, 2010
so do you intend going for tourism or studying saintjabar
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by saintbajar(m): 5:09pm On Mar 22, 2010
joxiri:

so do you intend going for tourism or studying saintjabar

for tourism,
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by erico2k2(m): 1:05am On Mar 23, 2010
@Poster
you cant have your Mum as your sponsor if you are applying to tour the Uk more so if denied you have limited rights to appeal,you can only do this under racial descrimination or article 8.
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by AkinPPTY(m): 2:14pm On Mar 23, 2010
@ saintbajar
eleven's submission comes highly reccommended. However, I will further advice that to have an excellemt package you'll need to book for some tourism experiences like London open tour bus ride, Madam Tussads, Boat cruise on river Thames, Visit to the House of Parliament/Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park etc.
I can help with the booking, at a fee though smiley. Moreover I can also help with booking a residentail or hotel accommodation with the confirmation sent to your e-mail (also at a minimal fee)
I live in the U.K. I initially got a tourist visa to U.K 4 years ago before converting to the HSMP (Highly Skilled Migrant Visa). I have indefinite leave to remain in the U.K.
ENQUIRIES TO: oyekenny2000@yahoo.com
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by SOTAJ: 9:27pm On Mar 23, 2010
Dear All,

I need your advice/suggestion. We (Myself and my wife) applied for and got 6 months UK visas in Aug 2009 which was issued to us as applied.

In October 2009 we travelled to the UK and spent just 16 days on vacation (We were actually invited by my wife's sister and her husband).

However, our visas expired late January 2010 and we intend to renew/apply for a 2 year visa each. The issue now is, our in-law that invited us last year is filling for naturalization by July 2010 (His residence permit of 5 years expires by september) and he is of the opinion that inviting us (my wife and I) may affect his being awarded the  UK citizenship as they (Home office) may feel since his residence permit is expring soon and he has not been awarded the citizenship yet, why is he inviting people.

So, we intend to make hotel reservation and apply for the visas on our own without necessarily referring to them (my in-law).

The question now is, since the first application we made was for VAF1B(Family Visitor), will it have any effect if our next application is made for a 'General Visitor' category with our hotel reservation confirmation and all other supporting docs?

I NEED YOUR CANDID ADVICES PLEASE?

(1) (2)

Getting Marry To American Lady / Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa / Nigerians In Germany...i Need Your Advice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.