Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,278 members, 7,807,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded (31893 Views)

91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths / Coronavirus: Scarcity Of Protective Tools Hits Lagos Hospitals / Ghana: 2 Suspected Cases Of Coronavirus Recorded In Accra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 09, 2017
Newton-Ray Ukwuoma - Lagos

Lagos State government on Monday alerted the public of possible outbreak of the new viral disease, Monkey Pox, saying two suspected cases have been recorded in the state.

The Lagos State Commissioner for Health, Dr. Jide Idris, who disclosed this at a news conference on Monday, said that the two suspected cases were currently being investigated in the state.
Without disclosing identity and location, the commissioner said that the two suspected cases were recorded in a private hospital in the state.
Speaking he said, “Though no confirmed case has been recorded, there is need to sensitise members of the public and provide adequate information on measures for prevention and control of the disease in line with the policy of the State government,” he said.
He added that one of the suspects just came from Bayelsa State and ate Bush meat.

Idris said the two suspects were currently being quarantined in the their various houses pending the result of the investigation.

“In the wake of this outbreak,” Idris said, “the state government is reiterating the need for members of the public to observe and maintain a high standard of personal and environmental hygiene at all times as part of the precautionary measures to prevent the spread to the State”.
He urged members of the public to also be vigilant and report any suspected case of the disease to the nearest public health facility or the Directorate of Disease Control in the State Ministry of Health.

“Also, health workers are advised to practice universal safety precautions in the management of suspected or confirmed cases, wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment when attending to cases, wash hands after each contact with patient or contaminated materials while surveillance system must be strengthened.

“The state government has mobilised the Disease Surveillance Officers in the 57 LGAs and LCDAs in the state and health workers in both public and private health facilities have been placed on high alert,” Idris said.

Idris called on residents of the State to remain calm and go about their businesses without fear as the government had put in place adequate measures to effectively prevent and control the spread of the infection to the State.

“In case of any suspected case of Monkey Pox, the Lagos State Ministry of Health should be notified through the following mobile lines: 08037170614, 09087106072,” he said.

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/monkey-pox-hits-lagos-2-suspected-cases-recorded/

1 Share

Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by Fummylola: 7:51pm On Oct 09, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by obo389(m): 8:54pm On Oct 09, 2017
God save us o

12 Likes

Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 09, 2017
obo389:
God save us o

Ameen

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by favourmic(m): 11:40pm On Oct 09, 2017
oh Lord deliver Nigerians from Nigeria grin grin

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by Cyynthia(f): 11:41pm On Oct 09, 2017
Nawa oo.

2 Likes

Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by ritababe(f): 11:42pm On Oct 09, 2017
e done happen, it will spread to all states now.

may God help us.

and why is there no cure for this disease? must we wait for the whites to come find a cure for us?

2 Likes

Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by MrPresident1: 11:42pm On Oct 09, 2017
Monkey pox shocked
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by Jorian1(m): 11:42pm On Oct 09, 2017
Bro's you sef add that the picture is Graphic na. This monkey pox of a thing is too dirty

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by oluwatymylehyn(m): 11:43pm On Oct 09, 2017
God help us

2 Likes

Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by Egein(m): 11:43pm On Oct 09, 2017
sad
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by DripDrop: 11:43pm On Oct 09, 2017
Watch as price of hand sanitizers go increase now

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by DanielsParker(m): 11:43pm On Oct 09, 2017
gives me goosebumps anytime I see it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by winterfell007(m): 11:43pm On Oct 09, 2017
Is this disease deadly like ebola?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by Kennitrust(m): 11:43pm On Oct 09, 2017
when the world will be turning upsidedown

the people of the Most High God will be standing upright

when the world will be in crisis

the children of God will find refuge in Christ

Nothing worth my salvation

my life in Jesus, I got nothing to fear

what I don't know will not know me.

125 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by collinometricx: 11:44pm On Oct 09, 2017
last last...
I nor kukuma get any Lagos relatives wen I knw
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by DeKen: 11:44pm On Oct 09, 2017
This is serious o. Looks like this disease is not getting as much attention as Ebola got.
How long will it take for this one to be eradicated.
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by 12345baba(m): 11:44pm On Oct 09, 2017
Bayelsa state as a whole need seeerious fumigation and acid bathe

1 Like

Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by johnydon22(m): 11:45pm On Oct 09, 2017
No be GEJ dey rule oo make APC no do their usual nonsense for this one too..

GEJ tackled and contained Ebola, make ordinary monkey pox no fall person hand with Buhari again.

They should move quick o

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by collinometricx: 11:45pm On Oct 09, 2017
winterfell007:
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by Pavore9: 11:46pm On Oct 09, 2017
What Bush meat causes.
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by Daeylar(f): 11:46pm On Oct 09, 2017
johnydon22:
No be GEJ dey rule oo make APC no do their usual nonsense for this one too..

GEJ tackled and contained Ebola, make ordinary monkey pox no fall person hand with Buhari again.

They should move quick o
grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by GreatMahmud: 11:47pm On Oct 09, 2017
Welcome to the center of excellence where everything is found...
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by jdstunt(m): 11:47pm On Oct 09, 2017
There is fire on the mountain
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by miteolu(m): 11:47pm On Oct 09, 2017
Demonic diseases
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by Nobody: 11:47pm On Oct 09, 2017
ritababe:
e done happen, it will spread to all states now.

may God help us.
If Ebola couldn't spread to all states from Lagos, why would a lesser strain of monkey pox?
You'd better stopped being malicious, abi dick dey hungry you ni? Lol

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by Me77: 11:48pm On Oct 09, 2017
It is advisable for bush meal eaters to forgo their appetite for the main time, pending when this plague is over.
The federal minister for health has warned about this, but I highly doubt these people will ever listen.
They're possibly the carriers of this diseases spreading it ignorantly all over the place :-/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by Ezyp(m): 11:49pm On Oct 09, 2017
winterfell007:
No, both are friendly

7 Likes

Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by okikirifidelis(m): 11:52pm On Oct 09, 2017
baba God save us ooo

1 Like

Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by Samsimple(m): 11:53pm On Oct 09, 2017
Lagos kehh this kind things no dey catch rich man oohhh.. Nigeria will not kill me
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by Me77: 11:53pm On Oct 09, 2017
TimeMod3:
If Ebola couldn't spread to all states from Lagos, why would a lesser strain of monkey pox?
You'd better stopped being malicious, abi dick dey hungry you ni? Lol

It will spread because the likes of you keep eating dead animals and wild monkeys.
Are you not among those who use to post pics of dead snakes for pepper soup on front page?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by squarelead(m): 11:54pm On Oct 09, 2017
Eh. Lagos.. Once in Lagos. The probability of it in other states is high. Kai. It seems we will start using that full body condom invented during ebola outbreak.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fake Female Doctor Arrested In Cross River (photos) / 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) / Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.