Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" (25412 Views)

Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ / Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS / 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by Adaumunocha(f): 8:32am On Oct 10, 2017
DonaldDuke for Presidio.. This is d kinda president we need. We need visionaries

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by magoo10(m): 8:34am On Oct 10, 2017
he is making sense actually,the best and qualified man should be allowed to do the job .zoning breeds mediocrity just like how it produced the dullard for president just because the north felt it was their .
The right people should be allowed to do the job not minding where he comes from,zoning is a proof that Nigeria is not one and not united.

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by nototribalist: 8:35am On Oct 10, 2017
9jvirgin:
You are also coming to steal, loot and destroy. Na fine boy we go chop?
oya Continue to stick with Buhari den. Don't come and disturb us here
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by iamdynamite(m): 8:35am On Oct 10, 2017
Donald Duke is one of my favourite ex- governor....He should be given a chance to contest, but i doubt he has what it takes to win,

3 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by Truthisit: 8:35am On Oct 10, 2017
Duke! Duke!! Duke!!! You don't stand the chance! Jonathan had used your time!

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by udumosam23(m): 8:37am On Oct 10, 2017
Wether Donald Trump or Donald Duke, as long as it is a Donald i like it. He has my vote.

He may also loot, but surely he'll perform. Ask cross riverians.

6 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 10, 2017
Mynd44:
Is it not funny that Fayose(along with his brother Wike) was the one that brought Sheriff that cost them about two Guber elections, now it is this same Fayose that is leadin the madness against PDP's quest to take back the presidency by running. Now Uncle Donald has joined and who knows who's next? This is just going to throw the PDP into more internal problems.

People need to start respecting the wishes of their party and not acting like rougue members
The northerners who betrayed gej will not enjoy the presidency

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by Mynd44: 8:41am On Oct 10, 2017
NgcoboP:

The northerners who betrayed gej will not enjoy the presidency
After he unlooked as Boko Haram nearly turned the NE into Syria and FFK was running his mouth like a waterfall.

Tell me, which betrayal came first and which was more sinister?
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by delishpot: 8:42am On Oct 10, 2017
Dem dey fear Duke na. They know it will be a land slide.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 10, 2017
Mynd44:

After he unlooked as Boko Haram nearly turned the NE into Syria and FFK was running his mouth like a waterfall.

Tell me, which betrayal came first and which was more sinister?
Lamido will never carry his agbada into presidency.
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by discusant: 8:44am On Oct 10, 2017
Danny287:
Mr. Donald Duke, a former Governor of Cross River State has said that he is not a supporter of zoning of the Presidency.

Mr. Duke while speaking on Hard Copy anchored by Maope Ogun on Channels TV said, “I have never subjected myself to zoning, when I ran for Governor I was not afforded zoning, everybody and everyone was able to run in Cross River.”

He maintained that, “Besides its my constitutional right to run, you can’t zone my right, I think it’s unconstitutional to zone and besides like I said to you I was born a Nigerian, I wasn’t born an Easterner or Westerner, I was born after Independence. So my outlook is Nigerian.”Concluding, Mr. Donald said Nigeria was in dire straits and should jettison zoning and go for the best.

Mr. Donald Duke is a presidential aspirant.

/crossriverwatch.com/2017/10/you-cant-zone-my-constitutional-right-to-contest-for-president-donald-duke-video

Watch interview video hear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZSwjz4b_9c

Do you agree with him?

All eastern politicians have lost their right to answer president of a country as they support continuation of one Nigeria. Arewa could have been stampeded to "appoint" one easterner as president if Eastern politicians had capitalized on the moves by IPOB.

Can't Duke see that even an illiterate leper from northern region can defeat him in presidential race, once northern political class decides north must produce the president?

Nwodo of Ohaneze is also a one Nigerian. He zones presidency to north uptill 2027. By then the extant political structure and governAnce system must have been solidified, such that it can be treason to ask for restructuring Nigeria politically.

In fact, politicians of old Eastern region have sold themselves to Fulani. They can't agree on Biafra, they can't agree on anything.

Igbo youths have taken over the politics of the east.

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by DeRay98(m): 8:45am On Oct 10, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:
What is this mumu talking

Without zoning, minorities like him will never rule the country.

My friend zoning has never included the minorities. Its either Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba.
Jonathan didn't get it on zoning but on the sentiments of his Yar Adua incumbency...
I don't like PDP but I'd fancy Donald Duke's Presidency.

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by donnie(m): 8:46am On Oct 10, 2017
Yes ooo. DD show them the way cool

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by donnie(m): 8:48am On Oct 10, 2017
Truthisit:
Duke! Duke!! Duke!!! You don't stand the chance! Jonathan had used your time!

Gerrout Jor! Come back when you're ready for the new Nigeria. angry

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by talk2percy(m): 8:49am On Oct 10, 2017
Don't mind them, u are right, man. That's how they zoned our 26 billion dollars out! Brood of vampires!

2 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by Connoisseur(m): 8:50am On Oct 10, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

Although zoning is good but stop spreading the lies that North is more populated than the South.

I am not spreading any lies. The fact is the north is more populated than the south. The south is more densely populated that is more people compared to a square meter. But when it comes to numbers, the north has it. How many men in the south has up to 15 children.

Also the current schematics of Nigeria favours a northern presidency for life. So until these defects are worked on, zoning is in the best interest of the south.

I am not happy with these facts being a southerner and Igbo for that matter, but I am a realist. So instead of trying to rant, we can only work around it by acknowledging it first, then trying to beat the odds.
Chest beating can't do that.

3 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by patani(m): 8:51am On Oct 10, 2017
This is actually my most preferred candidate. Unfortunately, they may sniff him out as I perceive he is not a typical Nigerian politician.

Nija is a finished project... no direction

2 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by anytexy: 8:52am On Oct 10, 2017
EmeeNaka:
Zoning is good. it doesn't stop us from getting the best. There are good leaders in every zone.
Gbam! Na your papa born you bro.
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by ElsonMorali: 8:54am On Oct 10, 2017
Form your own party and we'll line up behind you and vote for you.

Or better still run as an independent candidate.

You have my vote. That's for sure.

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by Iamzik: 8:57am On Oct 10, 2017
Connoisseur:
Zoning, despite its absence in the constitution is a good way to prevent the majority from remaining in power for ever.
As long as Nigerian presidency elections is concerned, zoning favors the south just as the quota system in education favors the north. This is because the north had the population and capacity to remain in power for as long as they want.
So politicians especially from the south should avoid the use of rhetorics and not let their selfish interest becloud their reasoning

You might want to explain what you mean by the bolded?
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by LordKO(m): 8:58am On Oct 10, 2017
Zoning is illogical, unconstitutional, unprogressive and parochial. I don't support it. Although, I understand the viewpoint of my compatriots - the majority - that clamour for it, which is because they're sentimental, tribalistic, unconscientious, fanatically religious and outright small-minded.

Politics on principle and conviction are all we need to advance democratically, also its the key to our entrance into the eldorado of a country we all long for.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 10, 2017
brainpulse:
Must you join one of the two major parties to exercise your right.
This is Nigeria, if u r not in pdp or apc no level.
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by mars123(m): 8:59am On Oct 10, 2017
Nigeria isn't a nation. It is just a forced marriage and that is why things like zoning are put in place to appease all parties involved in this marriage. But how long can it last? How long will merit continue to be the sacrificial lamb for these primitive and negative sentiments?

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by frankgreat(m): 9:00am On Oct 10, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

Although zoning is good but stop spreading the lies that North is more populated than the South.
For real? How many Geopolitical zone do the South have? Compare it with the North.. Remember, the South comprises of igbo, Yoruba, and other tribes (rivers, crossrivers and co)
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by Amarabae(f): 9:07am On Oct 10, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:
What is this mumu talking

Without zoning, minorities like him will never rule the country.
one chilled beer for you.
You nailed it, we are not advanced as a country to drop presidential zoning,
does he think that as a minority, he can win presidential election without zoning?
He should go and sleep,
btw, Donald Duke is OVERRATED
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by 400billionman: 9:08am On Oct 10, 2017
This is one of the men who can make me vote in an election..

Stop keeping quiet sir.

Only thugs win in Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by Goke7: 9:10am On Oct 10, 2017
Connoisseur:
Zoning, despite its absence in the constitution is a good way to prevent the majority from remaining in power for ever.
As long as Nigerian presidency elections is concerned, zoning favors the south just as the quota system in education favors the north. This is because the north had the population and capacity to remain in power for as long as they want.
So politicians especially from the south should avoid the use of rhetorics and not let their selfish interest becloud their reasoning

@the bolded, this is a wrong assumption, if the north truly has all the population CPC would have won the Presidential elections in 2011 after cornering majority of the votes in the north. As it is now, it will take majority votes from 4 geopolitical regions out of six to get into aso rock, do the maths.

Zoning is what is killing our polity. GEJ did not loose cos of zoning but simply he could not gather enough votes from 4 geopolitical zones.

I flow with donald duke, do you think any politician truly respects zoning, they only support zoning when it suits them

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by Goke7: 9:12am On Oct 10, 2017
LordKO:
Zoning is illogical, unconstitutional, unprogressive and parochial. I don't support it. Although, I understand the viewpoint of my compatriots - the majority - that clamour for it, this is because they're sentimental, tribalistic, unconscientious, religious and outright small-minded.

Politics on principle and of conviction are all we need to advance democratically, also its the key to our entrance into the eldorado of a country we all long for.

Exactly, who zoning epp, I have voted for a northerner and am not satisfied, if I find a southerner more worthy, why must i be restricted by zoning

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by henrixx(m): 9:12am On Oct 10, 2017
Connoisseur:
bros wat are you saying? do you know the population of igbo is more than Hausa? bros if we are to vote in Nigeria southerner v northerners. the southerner will win 100 Times. 2011 was North v South and we saw the difference 22 against 10. while 2015 was a difference of just over 2million...because Yorubas voted for a northerner and some igbos angry with Jonathan refused to vote. bros na North e favour oooo. also don't forget most northern Christians and middlebeltans prefer a southerner to northerner

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by HMZi: 9:14am On Oct 10, 2017
HERE IS SOMEONE I CAN VOTE FOR!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by mars123(m): 9:17am On Oct 10, 2017
charliboy654:

This is Nigeria, if u r not in pdp or apc no level.
Dont underrate the power of strategy. It formed APC, it removed a sitting president for the first time in the history of Nigeria. Man is capable of anything.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:18am On Oct 10, 2017
49cents:

For the records. At the Twilight of Obasanjo's administration he made the then EFCC boss to investigate the entire 36 state governors and ONLY Donald Duke was 100 percent clean.....
So I was shocked why Obasanjo would choose Jonathan over Duke as yaradua's running mate

Obasanjo made overtures to Donald Duke and tried to recruit him to run on the ticket with YarAdua. Duke declined to be Yar'Aduas' running mate. He is alleged to have said that he would not be vice to anybody. Probably the greatest miscalculation of his political career.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tony Momoh Lists Nnamdi Kanu’s Failures / Dino Melaye Supporting President Buhari (Throwback Tweets) / EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.