Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,769 members, 7,806,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (548423 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (131) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by FBS: 7:50am On Jan 05, 2018
majiouk2002:
Hello guys,

Please can anyone recommend a suburb close enough to University of Melbourne with cheap accommodation? Thanks in advance.
The word cheap does not agree with anything in Australia. Forget it. cheesy
You mean affordable, right? grin

Just kidding. Are you looking to share a room or rent the whole house?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by FBS: 12:56pm On Jan 05, 2018
Happy New Year o.

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by majiouk2002: 3:41pm On Jan 05, 2018
FBS:

lol. I'm looking to have the apartment to myself. A 2BR Apt. Thanks
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by FBS: 11:29pm On Jan 05, 2018
majiouk2002:

lol. I'm looking to have the apartment to myself. A 2BR Apt. Thanks
Then realestate.com.au is your friend.
Or you can try Gumtree.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by nuelnuel: 6:27am On Jan 06, 2018
No, I am still waiting to receive their quote
Eladua:

Did you get any quote from IOM recently. I have contacted them since Tuesday, yet to get any response.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Berliner1: 6:46am On Jan 06, 2018
Goodmorning everyone,

Please I will like to ask anyone here....

Please is €10k(4.2m) enough to enter Australia via student route?

I'm planing to help a friend who is frustrated with naija situation.

He has Bsc from Uk, ielts and see migration to a better country as solution.

I'm from german thread hence am a noobs here.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bligs: 8:02am On Jan 06, 2018
Berliner1:
Goodmorning everyone,

Please I will like to ask anyone here....

Please is €10k(4.2m) enough to enter Australia via student route?

I'm planing to help a friend who is frustrated with naija situation.

He has Bsc from Uk, ielts and see migration to a better country as solution.

I'm from german thread hence am a noobs here.

Thanks.
If his Bsc is in engineering or any other related course from UK, US and other few selected countries, he can actually apply for 18months post graduate work visa and run his PR parole upon getting here.

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Berliner1: 10:51am On Jan 06, 2018
bligs:

If his Bsc is in engineering or any other related course from UK, US and other few selected countries, he can actually apply for 18months post graduate work visa and run his PR parole upon getting here.

Please is Germany among those countries?

Yes....Business informatic...from a Uk uni.

What will he apply for from Nigeria?
Will 4.2m be enough please?

God bless you.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by donkafor(m): 11:47am On Jan 06, 2018
He can nominate for 261111 ICT Business Analyst and complete his assessment via ACS.

Visit https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident

Berliner1:

God bless you.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Berliner1: 12:53pm On Jan 06, 2018
donkafor:
He can nominate for 261111 ICT Business Analyst and complete his assessment via ACS.

Visit https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident

Thanks.

Have sent him a link to get all the required information.

Please whats the finances involve.

Anything like bank account/bank statement/blocl account (like germany), during the visa application phase?

I appreciate bro.

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Berliner1: 1:23pm On Jan 06, 2018
donkafor:

It required a minimum of three years post qualification work experien.....a way to manoeuvre this obstacle?

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by tyosho: 1:59pm On Jan 06, 2018
Berliner1:

It required a minimum of three years post qualification work experien.....a way to manoeuvre this obstacle?

Hi Berliner.the link that was provided to you is the best place to get answers to your enquiries.This thread is for people that have gotten their visa or are in Australia already.
Hope you understand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by londoner: 3:03pm On Jan 06, 2018
oknee:
Federation square

I love Melbourne. Used to live in Sydney then Perth but my sister lives in Melbourne so would visit her. Such a great lifestyle.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by londoner: 3:04pm On Jan 06, 2018
FBS:

For real though, no such thing as cheap in Australia lol.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by donkafor(m): 3:27pm On Jan 06, 2018
No manoeuvre as every claim will be verified.
Berliner1:

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Ktl1978: 5:44pm On Jan 06, 2018
Good evening house.. ️️Am new to this forum.
Would appreciate your time when needed. Enjoyed the thread of all shares experiences.
EOI 65 189 mechanical engineering in November
EOI 79 190 NSW december 30th 2018
Still waiting on invite
Question. Do I need to show proof of funds for 190.. Apologies... If wrong thread... PLS direct accordingly. God bless
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bligs: 6:18pm On Jan 06, 2018
Berliner1:

God bless you.
Don't know about Germany, you actually have to do a little research on your own regarding the visa subclass and degree certificate that are eligible for the visa, never knew such visa exist not until i meet a naija couple of months ago that studied engineering from UK and was on such visa and he mentioned UK, US and Canada as eligible countries. 4.2m should be more than enough to process the visa.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Omooloriredade: 1:17am On Jan 07, 2018
Eladua:

Did you get any quote from IOM recently. I have contacted them since Tuesday, yet to get any response.

nuelnuel:
No, I am still waiting to receive their quote

You should expect to get a response this coming week. In my own case, they responded after a week confirming my details and my intended travel date. A quote was then sent with their account details included.
All these happened within a day. I didn't expect it was going to be that fast because they told me they would have to route my request through their Ghanian office. Anyway, I couldn't pay immediately ( that was about 2 days to Christmas. Paid over the holiday and called them after Christmas and they promised to revert. Someone later informed me they were on holiday and won't be resuming until the 8th of January.

Quote #418k Emirates (checked online for duration 23hr50mins).

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by skibby(m): 11:29am On Jan 07, 2018
bligs:

Hi Bligs, if one gets in with the 18 months visa, what are the ways one could pursue the PR parole?
Thank you
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bligs: 12:47pm On Jan 07, 2018
skibby:

Hi Bligs, if one gets in with the 18 months visa, what are the ways one could pursue the PR parole?
Thank you
Same way other offshore applicants apply for the PR just that you maybe fortunate to secure a job in area of your study and if it last for a year extra 5points, and some employers maybe willing to sponsor you which is also additional points.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by samuelkingz(m): 2:16pm On Jan 07, 2018
bligs:

Same way other offshore applicants apply for the PR just that you maybe fortunate to secure a job in area of your study and if it last for a year extra 5points, and some employers maybe willing to sponsor you which is also additional points.

someone recently told me about the holiday work visa,would you and all in the house be so kind as to shed more light on it ..thanks
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Empress2014(f): 6:07pm On Jan 07, 2018
samuelkingz:

someone recently told me about the holiday work visa,would you and all in the house be so kind as to shed more light on it ..thanks
the holiday work visa is meant for some specified countries, Nigeria not included.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by sistaj: 7:20pm On Jan 07, 2018
Has anyone used airnb to get accommodation pls?what was your experience? How does backpackers work? I tried googling them but saw different hotels and hostels advertising their services.I thought it was a website or something.I am coming to Sydney early February and thinking of what to use for the first few weeks.Don't want to live in the school accomodation.Useful inputs will be appreciated thanks.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Joyfree: 3:17am On Jan 08, 2018
Pls how do one package food stuffs from Nigeria here

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Eladua(m): 7:22am On Jan 08, 2018
Thanks for your input. They got back to me on Friday with the same 418k quote. What did you use as evidence of payment since you did mobile transfer.

Omooloriredade:

You should expect to get a response this coming week. In my own case, they responded after a week confirming my details and my intended travel date. A quote was then sent with their account details included.
All these happened within a day. I didn't expect it was going to be that fast because they told me they would have to route my request through their Ghanian office. Anyway, I couldn't pay immediately ( that was about 2 days to Christmas. Paid over the holiday and called them after Christmas and they promised to revert. Someone later informed me they were on holiday and won't be resuming until the 8th of January.

Quote #418k Emirates (checked online for duration 23hr50mins).
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by babylove01: 9:19am On Jan 08, 2018
Eladua:
Thanks for your input. They got back to me on Friday with the same 418k quote. What did you use as evidence of payment since you did mobile transfer.

Please is this quote for single person?? How long did it take for them to get back to you? How long are u expected to pay after the quote is given? Sorry for the questions just putting things in place before I contact them. Thanks

Cc Omooloriredade
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bligs: 10:57am On Jan 08, 2018
samuelkingz:

Nigeria is not part of the countries eligible for holiday working visa.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Ozioma49(m): 1:30pm On Jan 08, 2018
hi everyone,I have a question...what kind of visa would someone require to get into Australia in order to hustle most especially when one isnt that educated. .thanks as I await your response

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Eladua(m): 5:26pm On Jan 08, 2018
Single person. You have to disturb them, else you might not get any response for a week. I don't think there is a timeframe to pay after the quote, but note that if you don't pay in time, you might lose your spot.

babylove01:

Please is this quote for single person?? How long did it take for them to get back to you? How long are u expected to pay after the quote is given? Sorry for the questions just putting things in place before I contact them. Thanks

Cc Omooloriredade
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by policy12: 7:59pm On Jan 08, 2018
Lord!!!!
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Omooloriredade: 9:04pm On Jan 08, 2018
Eladua:

I downloaded my transaction receipt via the internet banking platform (GTB)
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Omooloriredade: 9:10pm On Jan 08, 2018
Ozioma49:
hi everyone,I have a question...what kind of visa would someone require to get into Australia in order to hustle most especially when one isnt that educated. .thanks as I await your response

www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident/0

Go through the thread and then ask your questions. Your verifiable skill is what counts

This thread exists for your migration visa enquiries. Good luck.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (131) (Reply)

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.