Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,237 members, 7,780,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:54 PM

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (544970 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (131) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by FBS: 10:42pm On Jun 21, 2018
Anyone following this Telstra fiasco? They so much remind me of NITEL.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bligs: 10:18am On Jun 22, 2018
FBS:
Anyone following this Telstra fiasco? They so much remind me of NITEL.
8,000 ppl to lose their jobs in the next 4years, no be small thing oh.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by FBS: 3:09pm On Jun 22, 2018
bligs:

8,000 ppl to lose their jobs in the next 4years, no be small thing oh.
And shares falling as well. Terrible.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by IamphilVitalis: 2:52pm On Jun 24, 2018
please my people how do you guys see Darwin, is the city ok, are there jobs, is the cost of living cheap?...please someone with good info about the place should feed me up please abeg
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by DiiVictory(m): 4:02pm On Jun 24, 2018
goldenval:
I applied for my Australia Visa 2 weeks ago, I can't wait to visit there.. cool
which Visa did you apply for?
Student?
Tourist?
Visiting?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by DiiVictory(m): 4:14pm On Jun 24, 2018
nogara:
Hello fam, i just got my study visa but i applied as single. I would want to know if it is possible to add a dependent(wife)if i get married while on study visa? Can the embassy change my status and allow my new wife apply as a subsequent entrant? kindly lend me your views.

Hello am looking to get my study visa soonest to Australia. Pls can I write you via mail to know what it took you for yours to be successful.
Thanks in anticipation. My mail is chidubemikechukwuv@gmail.com
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by alfonso36(m): 12:31am On Jun 26, 2018
Seems there's less testimony of people who emigrated this day's, Hopefully that changes soon, Please my question is simple, my wife has HND in office Technology management and I have bsc in History and international relations. please what is our chances based on our Qualification, just a quick Answer please . Cc: Bellong
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by tyosho: 6:47am On Jun 26, 2018
alfonso36:
Seems there's less testimony of people who emigrated this day's, Hopefully that changes soon, Please my question is simple, my wife has HND in office Technology management and I have bsc in History and international relations. please what is our chances based on our Qualification, just a quick Answer please . Cc: Bellong

I believe there is a separate thread that addresses this issue

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by obi24(f): 4:54pm On Jun 26, 2018
tyosho:

I believe there is a separate thread that addresses this issue

@ Tyosho, pls is it adviseable to package grinded pepper and grounded soybeans in a ziplock bag? I don't want to waste my money on buying what will be rejected at the airport. Thank u.

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by linaluv: 9:15pm On Jun 26, 2018
Hello guys please i dont know if this is the right place to post such an issue as this. but please bear with me

my good friend got an ausie 3 months visa through an agent . we verified it online through VEVO and there on VEVO after entering some of his details, it brought out a positive result , showing that his VISA is valid (3months VISA) within a period of 1year . but up till now my brother is still afraid to travel to Australia, thinking that the VISA isnt genuine.

please are there other ways to verify if a visa geniune

please house i need your advice
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by adeomoade: 11:27pm On Jun 26, 2018
Check for the passport details ( country and number). If he has a contrary information on his passport, it is not genuine. He won't be allow to board a flight.
linaluv:

.please house i need your advice

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by FBS: 11:36pm On Jun 26, 2018
linaluv:
Hello guys please i dont know if this is the right place to post such an issue as this. but please bear with me

my good friend got an ausie 3 months visa through an agent . we verified it online through VEVO and there on VEVO after entering some of his details, it brought out a positive result , showing that his VISA is valid (3months VISA) within a period of 1year . but up till now my brother is still afraid to travel to Australia, thinking that the VISA isnt genuine.

Your good friend, your brother or yourself? undecided cheesy
Anyway, if the record is on VEVO and mirrors what you have on your passport/passport details, then he/you should be good to go.
Alternatively, check your/his immi account, a copy of the visa grant should be there.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bellong: 11:40pm On Jun 26, 2018
@Linaluv,

Why would he pay an agent and still be scared after receiving the visa? Why did he waste his money?

What is the purpose of your brother's journey?

I want to believe that the visa in contention is a visitor's visa.

I don't think you have anything to worry if VEVO already confirmed it and the passport details are the same.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by IamphilVitalis: 1:59pm On Jun 27, 2018
bellong:
@Linaluv,

Why would he pay an agent and still be scared after receiving the visa? Why did he waste his money?

What is the purpose of your brother's journey?

I want to believe that the visa in contention is a visitor's visa.

I don't think you have anything to worry if VEVO already confirmed it and the passport details are the same.

Senior bro @cc bellong please I need your help bro, I know am supposed to drop it here but it is too confidential. I just sent you a pm sir please check it and reply abeg sir
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Yeeshas: 2:52pm On Jun 29, 2018
obi24:

@ Tyosho, pls is it adviseable to package grinded pepper and grounded soybeans in a ziplock bag? I don't want to waste my money on buying what will be rejected at the airport. Thank u.

Yes it is. I brought those in myslef. Powder beans and pepper and even stock fish..haha

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by obi24(f): 4:16pm On Jun 29, 2018
Yeeshas:

Yes it is. I brought those in myslef. Powder beans and pepper and even stock fish..haha

Thank you Yeeshas
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by obi24(f): 4:18pm On Jun 29, 2018
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by tyosho: 12:32pm On Jun 30, 2018
obi24:

Sorry obi.i am just seeing this .Yes you can pack food items in transparent ziplocks.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by goldenval(m): 6:23pm On Jun 30, 2018
linaluv:

Tell your friend to verify the visa via any immigration officer at the airport before travelling since he is still scared to travel.

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by kessel: 10:26pm On Jun 30, 2018
Hello guys, I was wondering the best airline to use to travel to Adelaide as I have only seen south African airline at 700k.
Someone is advising that I can land at Melbourne then take a connecting flight to Adelaide but am skeptical about how that might go with the immigration. Anyone with similar experience can advise me please so I don't make a mistake. Thanks. It's a student visa by the way.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bellong: 11:07pm On Jun 30, 2018
kessel:
Hello guys, I was wondering the best airline to use to travel to Adelaide as I have only seen south African airline at 700k.
Someone is advising that I can land at Melbourne then take a connecting flight to Adelaide but am skeptical about how that might go with the immigration. Anyone with similar experience can advise me please so I don't make a mistake. Thanks. It's a student visa by the way.

Book any airline of your choice to Adelaide directly.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by obi24(f): 7:08am On Jul 01, 2018
tyosho:

Sorry obi.i am just seeing this .Yes you can pack food items in transparent ziplocks.

Thanks Tyosho.

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by dephilosopher: 8:39am On Jul 01, 2018
Good morning peeps. I am new here and I want to ask how is it possible to work in Australia with a visit or tourist visa. Is there any way to change the visa class while on Australia? Thank u everyone for ur swift response
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by kessel: 1:03pm On Jul 01, 2018
Yes, I have seen other airlines but they are above 900k.
Am only asking to know if I can get any cheaper deal. Thanks
bellong:

Book any airline of your choice to Adelaide directly.

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by aywills(m): 8:31pm On Jul 01, 2018
Hello @bellong and other faithfuls. Just to confirm if it is necessary for ones wife to be assessed (in order to obtain five mark on the partner scale) even if one has already scored the required minimum score of 60 marks. I will appreciate to hear from you quickly.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by obi24(f): 8:42pm On Jul 01, 2018
@ bellong and those already in australia, pls is it adviseable to book advance for flight seat online or wait till departure date.I and my 3 kids will love to seat together. If advance seat booking is the best, pls what is the cost and how do i book online. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by obi24(f): 8:46pm On Jul 01, 2018
obi24:

Thank you Yeeshas

Pls Yeeshas, did you blend ur stock fish or can one carry it just like that without blending? Thanks.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by tyosho: 9:05pm On Jul 01, 2018
obi24:
@ bellong and those already in australia, pls is it adviseable to book advance for flight seat online or wait till departure date.I and my 3 kids will love to seat together. If advance seat booking is the best, pls what is the cost and how do i book online. Thanks.

You don’t need to blend your fish.Just make sure it’s insect FREE and in clear ziplock bags grin

As per your tickets,you can book on Travelstart.com or Wakanow(those are the ones I remember).
You can choose seats only after you have gotten your tickets so it’s better you buy on time,that way you’re sure of been seated with your kids.

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by FBS: 12:06am On Jul 02, 2018
aywills:
Hello @bellong and other faithfuls. Just to confirm if it is necessary for ones wife to be assessed (in order to obtain five mark on the partner scale) even if one has already scored the required minimum score of 60 marks. I will appreciate to hear from you quickly.
The more points you have the better.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bellong: 3:23am On Jul 02, 2018
aywills:

The minimum point is now 65. For partner's point, your spouse must assess her skills and her nominated occupation must be on the same list as the occupation you nominate

2 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bellong: 3:25am On Jul 02, 2018
obi24:

When you buy your ticket, depending on the airline, you may be able to choose your seat 72hrs before departure. Some airlines will want you to pay for your preference while others give it free.

Whatever the case, I know that they do put children together with their parents if done by them
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by jayooh: 7:11am On Jul 02, 2018
kessel:

Check vayama.com

Saw something slightly lower to Adelaide there. As for going to Melbourne first, I think you shouldn't have a problem with immigration once your have your domestic flight ticket handy. Sure they should ask question, just answer them what is it,its was economical for you. But note that it's like most local flight there give a single baggage allowance.

Tweak your travelling date by 1 or 2 days and you'd bemail suprised to get a huge difference in fares. Secret is be flexible.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (131) (Reply)

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.