Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,775 members, 7,798,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture (19305 Views)

The Highest And Most Polished Culture On Earth Is Yoruba Culture - Reno Omokri / Ikeja Traditional Seat: Adeniyi Illo Raises Alarm Over Messages From Assasins / Nigerians In Ireland Celebrate Yoruba Culture With Colourful Fabrics (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by EvilMetahuman: 2:22pm On Oct 10, 2017
sojdson:
I disagree with you. There are some of Yoruba culture that needed to be eliminated; Ijede in Ikorodu, Lagos for instance did ORO for about 3 days this year. Women cannot go out for each of the day because they do theirs during the day. The last one they did was on Saturday, all girls writing GCE Biology practical (WAEC) have to look for place outside Ijede to stay. They left on Friday and to come back home Sunday morning. If there is no Christianity/Islam, human sacrifice might continue till date.

nope

It cannot be eliminated. Instead, there should be public holiday for something like oro instead of giving 3 days holiday to celebrate a dead jewish god or 2 days holiday to muslims to celebrate a psychotic man who wants to go and murder his son.

Point to yoruba culture that supports human sacrifice?
You have allowed yourself to be brainwashed my arab and jewish religion.

8 Likes

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by ivolt: 2:24pm On Oct 10, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

When the Christianity over enter my head sometime ago, I changed my surname after one rubbish deliverance like that. I was in the process of making it legal before sense returned cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by ivolt: 2:24pm On Oct 10, 2017
The first and most effective step in subjugating a people
is making them hate their culture and identity.
Islam and Christianity have almost succeeded in this regard.

We all know that there were some toxic culture that needs to
be eliminated but that does not mean that ALL the aspect of
culture must be destroyed because some parts are not palatable.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by shukuokukobambi: 2:30pm On Oct 10, 2017
sojdson:
I disagree with you. There are some of Yoruba culture that needed to be eliminated; Ijede in Ikorodu, Lagos for instance did ORO for about 3 days this year. Women cannot go out for each of the day because they do theirs during the day. The last one they did was on Saturday, all girls writing GCE Biology practical (WAEC) have to look for place outside Ijede to stay. They left on Friday and to come back home Sunday morning. If there is no Christianity/Islam, human sacrifice might continue till date.

And are the Woli's and Alfas not burying human parts in their worship places? Not to talk of the attendant loss of human life from all the religious crises attributed to Islam and Christianity?

There are negatives of course but I'll rather live with the negatives of my own culture than import negatives from a totally different continent

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by shukuokukobambi: 2:31pm On Oct 10, 2017
muyinet:

You err by responding to his obvious foolishness. Silence should have been seen as sufficient for his enslaved soul.

I might have left him as I normally ignore foolish brothers on NL but I'm angry from reading that nonsense from prof ishaq akintola

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by nnokwa042(m): 2:35pm On Oct 10, 2017
shukuokukobambi:
i agree fully and will now rant!! angry

Both Abrahamic religions of Christianity and Islam are a cancer. Useless religions that aim to project totally foreign cultures of Jews and Arabs on us Africans. Christians believe and affirm that a snake talked to Eve and a virgin gave birth without sex, Muslims believe angel Gabriel brought Koran to Muhammad and he also split the moon in 2 yet they laugh at the traditionalist for asserting that oduduwa came from heaven with a cock. If you have the right to lie to yourselves, why deny me mine? Is it your lie? angry

Hypocrites of the 2 religions everywhere. Taking oath of office with the Bible and Koran yet no fidelity in the corridors of power. Christian and Muslim politicians sharing money in abuja leaving the masses to be fighting over the useless religions in the streets. They should start oath taking with sango and Ogun!!

Christian leaders stealing, amassing jets etc at the expense of their poor members, Muslim leaders cradle robbing, amassing wives and encouraging extremist behavior in the youth. With all the religion in the country, what do we have to show for it?

What would it for our young people to realize that every land creates its own gods? Christianity and Islam spread round the world because Jews and Arabs are very wicked folks who don't believe in live and let live. See the carnage in the old testament and that in Islamic history and you wonder why we ever had anything to do with such blood thirstiness. Yoruba is at home with syncretism and I appreciate those adherents of islam and Christianity who do theirs with sense, remembering they're Yoruba before any foreign religion.

Edumare bless oba Lamidi, himself a Muslim but not oblivious to the danger posed by these foreign religions to our identity. If I ever pick up religion again, it'll be isese. At least I'll know I'm honouring the memory of my ancestors and not se foreign beasts who have nothing but contempt for me and my culture angry
ur wood god did not protect u from white man to conquer ur people , ur people were taking as slaves still ur wooding god did not rescue them to,ur wooding god did not teach u how to produce planes cars mobile phones lap tops ur wooding god must be olodo

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by shukuokukobambi: 2:39pm On Oct 10, 2017
nnokwa042:
ur wood god did not protect u from white man to conquer ur people , ur people were taking as slaves still ur wooding god did not rescue them to,ur wooding god did not teach u how to produce planes cars mobile phones lap tops ur wooding god must be olodo

And your brain did not tell you its their superior weapons that did it for them over Africans? Or was your Yahweh sleeping when the Arabs and their Allah took over the eastern roman empire pushing on to the Caucasus?

The technology you're using today comes largely from Japan, China, Finland etc which are almost completely irreligious but I'm sure you'll claim its Jesus that did it for them.

You that has been worshiping the Jewish god, what have you manufactured? Or you're not worthy of a gift of sound intellect from him?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 10, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Both Abrahamic religions of Christianity and Islam are a cancer. Useless religions that aim to project totally foreign cultures of Jews and Arabs on us Africans. Christians believe and affirm that a snake talked to Eve and a virgin gave birth without sex, Muslims believe angel Gabriel brought Koran to Muhammad and he also split the moon in 2 yet they laugh at the traditionalist for asserting that oduduwa came from heaven with a cock. If you have the right to lie to yourselves, why deny me mine? Is it your lie? angry

Hypocrites of the 2 religions everywhere. Taking oath of office with the Bible and Koran yet no fidelity in the corridors of power. Christian and Muslim politicians sharing money in abuja leaving the masses to be fighting over the useless religions in the streets. They should start oath taking with sango and Ogun!!

Christian leaders stealing, amassing jets etc at the expense of their poor members, Muslim leaders cradle robbing, amassing wives and encouraging extremist behavior in the youth. With all the religion in the country, what do we have to show for it?

What would it for our young people to realize that every land creates its own gods? Christianity and Islam spread round the world because Jews and Arabs are very wicked folks who don't believe in live and let live. See the carnage in the old testament and that in Islamic history and you wonder why we ever had anything to do with such blood thirstiness. Yoruba is at home with syncretism and I appreciate those adherents of islam and Christianity who do theirs with sense, remembering they're Yoruba before any foreign religion.

Edumare bless oba Lamidi, himself a Muslim but not oblivious to the danger posed by these foreign religions to our identity. If I ever pick up religion again, it'll be isese. At least I'll know I'm honouring the memory of my ancestors and not se foreign beasts who have nothing but contempt for me and my culture angry
hahaha Omenka the reta*d. claiming intellectual grin cheesy, no make me laugh grin
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by redsun(m): 2:44pm On Oct 10, 2017
nnokwa042:

How about whiteman's god, has he taught you so far how to be creative and intuitive ?

At least africans were able to carve wooden gods and bronze sculptures that they looted and still have in thier museums across Europe today.

7 Likes

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Guyman02: 2:45pm On Oct 10, 2017
As an Igbo I think the Kabiyesi is right, we demonize our culture, its even worse in the South East where shrines that does no harm to anyone are burnt down by so called pastors who collect money from people in the name of family cleansing.

7 Likes

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by ODVanguard: 2:53pm On Oct 10, 2017
nnokwa042:

Ode. Technology has nothing to do with the european or Arabian God. Did Jesus or the God of Abraham assist you people during the civil war?? Even recently the Nigerian army dealt with ✡Igbos inspite of their star of David flag waving. Chukwu okike abiama was nowhere to be found then o. The same diety watched while hitler rounded up and massacred 6-million European Jews like rats via his gas chambers. Chinese and Japanese don't worship those same western gods o and today they are power houses economically and technologically. Even western countries don't carry religion on their heads like gala anymore. Abi no be dem dey perform and legalize gay marriage?? You people had better quit deceiving yourselves.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 10, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Preach brother.

11 Likes

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by shukuokukobambi: 3:25pm On Oct 10, 2017
Decypher:
hahaha Omenka the reta*d. claiming intellectual grin cheesy, no make me laugh grin

You that should have been sacrificed to amadioha to prevent egwe eke 2 is here opening your brown teeth angry

I thought your mumu brothers said i was liond.eleo, sar.ki, asiw.aju, are.sa etc? continue wasting your existence over a moniker on the internet angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 10, 2017
maykam:

do you need to behave like one that is cursed by sòponná? Please my brother, everyone is proving a point here, and you, you're showcasing your foolishness!
Stfu! i spit on your god allah!
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by femolii: 3:29pm On Oct 10, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

In my head. Where is yours? In.Muhammad's butt or in Jesu's beard? angry
U dey sick.
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by shukuokukobambi: 3:31pm On Oct 10, 2017
femolii:
U dey sick.

Is that what your god asked you to tell me? are you not scared of going to hell for insulting a stranger?

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by ODVanguard: 3:34pm On Oct 10, 2017
shukuokukobambi:
They should start oath taking with sango and Ogun!!

Ah! Bro, you wan kee them?? Dem no born dem well to try am. cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by shukuokukobambi: 3:35pm On Oct 10, 2017
ODVanguard:

Ah! Bro, you wan kee them?? Dem no born dem well to try am. cheesy grin

Na the only thing wey go make them behave be that na cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by gregyboy(m): 3:42pm On Oct 10, 2017
on my own opinion i feel all religion are real no one is fake there is a resting place after death and there is a devil called esu who reside in hell when you do wrong our traditional culture aint that bad they are some laws we have to adjust in it i guess even the God's. will understand perhaps even the Christian adjusted the bibles and removed some books. sometimes i dey reason am say god nor go fex for we ultering d bible by Christian then our own traditionalist god osanobua will not also get angry ...as for me religion as tiya me ehenn...dont even know which is d real religion to serve..thats y sometimes i feel like going back to my root with. ur alter at d back of your house and pray to osanobua for everything..if we take a look at history closely you will get to see that witches were not a good thing rite from time if were caught using their powers against someone you will be summoned by the enogies and d edonwerie it still baffules me y Christian feels our traditional worship were the cause of it and Christianity was d solution right from d time we accepted it it never reduce but increase but with d our traditional religion we could easily controll them with traditional prayers
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 10, 2017
maykam:

do you need to behave like one that is cursed by sòponná? Please my brother, everyone is proving a point here, and you, you're showcasing your foolishness!
I thought you were human until i checked your profile picture. Ugly baboon!
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by omenka(m): 3:49pm On Oct 10, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

You that should have been sacrificed to amadioha to prevent egwe eke 2 is here opening your brown teeth angry

I thought your mumu brothers said i was liond.eleo, sar.ki, asiw.aju, are.sa etc? continue wasting your existence over a moniker on the internet angry
Allow me to quote myself brother. grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 10, 2017
ODVanguard:

Ode. Technology has nothing to do with the european or Arabian God. Did Jesus or the God of Abraham assist you people during the civil war?? Even recently the Nigerian army dealt with ✡Igbos inspite of their star of David flag waving. Chukwu okike abiama was nowhere to be found then o. The same diety watched while hitler rounded up and massacred 6-million European Jews like rats via his gas chambers. Chinese and Japanese don't worship those same western gods o and today they are power houses economically and technologically. Even western countries don't carry religion on their heads like gala anymore. Abi no be dem dey perform and legalize gay marriage?? You people had better quit deceiving yourselves.
Fisile. Enu lasan l'oni. Ti won ba gba l'oruka, abi ti won na ni oonde. Ara e ma bale grin

10 Likes

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by maykam(m): 3:53pm On Oct 10, 2017
TobiTobiTobiWhy:
Stfu! i spit on your god allah!
silly attention seeker!
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by holatunde1759(m): 3:56pm On Oct 10, 2017
Olu317:
Are you alright at all? Is it Ooni's stool you refer to with such insult? If You have a problem with your own personal lineage, why not sort it out them. You better know how to comment on social media. Wherever you are located in life is accessible to breeze. Be very warned.

Hmmm....The wise ones will understand.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 10, 2017
Wise words from the Alaafin! While the basics of our culture remains largely unconquerable, it's pertinent to raise alarms such as this. The pastor's and imams are not resting on their laurels to paint our traditional way of life evil and a huge part of our young populace, including myself, have been victims of their disinformation!

The Yoruba culture, history and tradition must be kept sacrosanct! Everything required must be given!!!

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by holatunde1759(m): 3:58pm On Oct 10, 2017
neoOduduwa:
Fisile. Enu lasan l'oni. Ti won ba gba l'oruka, abi ti won na ni oonde. Ara e ma bale grin

grin grin grin....Anawo nko?

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by maykam(m): 3:59pm On Oct 10, 2017
TobiTobiTobiWhy:
kindly check again, or tell your sister to check for you, I bet she'll request my hand in marriage immediately. tongue
TobiTobiTobiWhy:
kindly check again, or tell your sister to check for you, I bet she'll request my hand in marriage immediately.
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 10, 2017
maykam:

silly attention seeker!
you better change your profile picture if you are looking for wife on Nairaland. >smiley
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by shukuokukobambi: 4:02pm On Oct 10, 2017
omenka:
Allow me to quote myself brother. grin grin grin

You know i like chewing such mofos for lunch cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 10, 2017
maykam:

kindly check again, or tell your sister to check for you, I bet she'll request my hand in marriage immediately. tongue
kindly check again, or tell your sister to check for you, I bet she'll request my hand in marriage immediately.
You are Foookingly UGLY!!! You disgust me, orishirishi
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by maykam(m): 4:07pm On Oct 10, 2017
TobiTobiTobiWhy:
grin
TobiTobiTobiWhy:
calm down bro, you ranting won't change what i'll charge your sister as "groom price"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement / Which Is The Most Common Name In Your Tribe? / Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.