Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

These Movies Are Rated The Best Comedy Films Ever. Anyone Here Seen Them? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / These Movies Are Rated The Best Comedy Films Ever. Anyone Here Seen Them? (1888 Views)

Checkout The Behind The Scenes Of These Movies. / Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. / Nigerian Horror Movies Are More Scary Than American Horror Movies! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

These Movies Are Rated The Best Comedy Films Ever. Anyone Here Seen Them? by Nobody: 2:35am On Mar 10, 2010
From imdb.com (the most reliable movie database online where all movie fans go).

1. Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)
2. Forrest Gump (1994)
3. City Lights (1931)
4. Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain (2001)
5. Modern Times (1936)
6. Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)
7. Singin' in the Rain (1952)
8. Nuovo cinema Paradiso (1988)
9. The Great Dictator (1940)
10. The Apartment (1960)

I've seen Forrest Gump, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and Singin' in the Rain and I love them. But many of these movies seem so old, and they'll be hard to get a hold of so I'm just wondering if anyone here would recommend them?

Re: These Movies Are Rated The Best Comedy Films Ever. Anyone Here Seen Them? by iice(f): 2:22pm On Mar 10, 2010
Forest Gump is a comedy film?  Never knew that.  The movie was yeessh to me.  Preferred Philadelphia.

I've seen Monty Python too.  Can't be bothered with the rest.  Don't really like oldies. 
Re: These Movies Are Rated The Best Comedy Films Ever. Anyone Here Seen Them? by justkunmi(m): 3:07pm On Mar 10, 2010
Are.you.sure.IMDB.said.that.list.was.for.comedy?
Forest.Gump?? Same.Forest.Gump.with.Tom.Hanks?
Comedy?
Re: These Movies Are Rated The Best Comedy Films Ever. Anyone Here Seen Them? by obinna5000(m): 7:46pm On Mar 10, 2010
I wonder why "Forrest Gump" is considered as a comedy. Although it has a few funny moments, I regard it as a drama. "Forrest Gump" is a cool film as well. cool

I've watched "Dr. Strangelove". I regard it as dark comedy. It seems Stanley Kubrick had a huge fascination for making "weird" films. (example: 2001-A Space Odyssey & A Clockwork Orange)
Re: These Movies Are Rated The Best Comedy Films Ever. Anyone Here Seen Them? by tpia1: 5:21am On Aug 12, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Dstv >>>>list Your Best 5 Channels On Dstv / IN IREDU [Short Film] - Epic African Adaptation Of Shakespeare's Macbeth / This Is Sensational!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.