Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,803 members, 7,806,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup (39649 Views)

Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 / Nigeria Is The First African Country To Qualify For FIFA 2018 World Cup Russia / Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by Tapout(m): 6:21pm On Oct 10, 2017
Jamiubond009:
One day, the loneliness of a 70-year-old widow made her put an ad in the local newspaper that she wanted to marry again. It read: “Husband wanted! Must be in my age group, must not beat me, must not run around on me and must still be good in bed. All applicants please apply in person.” The next day, the doorbell rang, and when she opened the door, she saw a gray-haired gentleman in a wheelchair, with no legs or arms. She said: “You’re not really asking me to consider you, are you? Just look at you-you have no legs!” The old man smiled gently, and replied: “Therefore, I cannot run around on you!” The old lady, still objecting, said: “You don’t have any arms either!” This made the old man smile again: “Therefore, I can never beat you!” Before the next question, the old lady raised her eyebrow and asked: “Are you still good in bed?” The old man leaned back, and with a grin on his face, said: “I rang the doorbell, didn’t I?

i dey tell u grin cheesy
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by Mudley313: 6:22pm On Oct 10, 2017
SmartyPants:
It has been a while since i've seen genuinely competent, technical defenders play for the SE....

The partnership between Troost Ekong and Leon Balogun is one of my favorite things about the Super Eagles these days.

This oyinbo duo will mostly probably be exposed during the actual world cup although I hope not. I remember one Reuben Agboola half cast defender in the 90s who was cool calm and collected until Cote d'Voire exposed him during our first game in the last round of qualifier to USA 94. The guy almost totally lost consciousness from exhaustion after that game and never smelled the eagles team thereafter
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by elyte89: 6:23pm On Oct 10, 2017
emusmithy:

This guy is speaking of many guys who got ditched because some girl never believed in them succeeding in life.

It's up to them to work their way up and feel good...not really proving anybody wrong.

What's dis one saying?
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:26pm On Oct 10, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Sunday Oliseh remains a bright and very intelligent coach tactically... his only problems with the Super Eagles were bad Man management (a key skill in coaching), bringing in "his boys" like Paul Onobi and Sylvester Igboun who are bloody average players and then his really Overbloated Ego.

But despite his flaws, he remains one of Africa's fast rising tactical minds in the beautiful game today. Under Oliseh, we saw massive improvements in one particular area of the Super Eagles that his been lacking for years during the mid 2000s era and early 2010s era...

That area was "setpieces".... wink Nigeria became very dangerous from set pieces such as cornerkicks, freekicks (direct or indirect)... under him, Simon brought his A-game to direct freekicks and scored a beauty. Also we made use of our aerial prowess in Efe Ambrose back then in 2015 under Oliseh...

Truth is he added a dimension to our game which made us more dangerous to play against and Somehow, Rohr is putting that piece together again and I hope he builds on that fervently because if we must hurt teams we must be able to do so in many different ways... relying on just Wing plays and individual brilliance and Mikel's creativity and Iwobi's fluidity or Nacho's clinicality or Victor Moses' one man army " tear them apart" style won't be enough....

Finals and tight games are also won by set pieces... one corner and a header and it is over... case study is Euro 2004 final... and also Nigeria 2009 U-17 WC final.

So Oliseh gave Nigeria that extra edge in making us wickedly clinical and deadly from set pieces... let Rohr build on that in addition to all the great work he is doing already and we will have a Super Juggernaut of a team.

But on Ekong... telling him, Oyibos are too soft for the African game...Hahahahaha... Oliseh was bloody wrong and we have the Oyibo wall to prove it... lol

The Oyibo Wall.... grin

#BalogunEtEkong
#5&6

here you go supernerd analysing foot ball wit great intellects and facts
you've no idea how much I have missed you.
Trust you've been good?
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by femi4: 6:39pm On Oct 10, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Sunday Oliseh remains a bright and very intelligent coach tactically... his only problems with the Super Eagles were bad Man management (a key skill in coaching), bringing in "his boys" like Paul Onobi and Sylvester Igboun who are bloody average players and then his really Overbloated Ego.

But despite his flaws, he remains one of Africa's fast rising tactical minds in the beautiful game today. Under Oliseh, we saw massive improvements in one particular area of the Super Eagles that his been lacking for years during the mid 2000s era and early 2010s era...

That area was "setpieces".... wink Nigeria became very dangerous from set pieces such as cornerkicks, freekicks (direct or indirect)... under him, Simon brought his A-game to direct freekicks and scored a beauty. Also we made use of our aerial prowess in Efe Ambrose back then in 2015 under Oliseh...

Truth is he added a dimension to our game which made us more dangerous to play against and Somehow, Rohr is putting that piece together again and I hope he builds on that fervently because if we must hurt teams we must be able to do so in many different ways... relying on just Wing plays and individual brilliance and Mikel's creativity and Iwobi's fluidity or Nacho's clinicality or Victor Moses' one man army " tear them apart" style won't be enough....

Finals and tight games are also won by set pieces... one corner and a header and it is over... case study is Euro 2004 final... and also Nigeria 2009 U-17 WC final.

So Oliseh gave Nigeria that extra edge in making us wickedly clinical and deadly from set pieces... let Rohr build on that in addition to all the great work he is doing already and we will have a Super Juggernaut of a team.

But on Ekong... telling him, Oyibos are too soft for the African game...Hahahahaha... Oliseh was bloody wrong and we have the Oyibo wall to prove it... lol

The Oyibo Wall.... grin

#BalogunEtEkong
#5&6

With all your hypes about Oliseh, Nigeria average goal per match under Oliseh is less than 1.5

Your analysis is poo, he couldn't even qualify Nig for Nations Cup in what looked like an easy group.

Let me also remind you that Mikel's goal against Cameroon at home was from corner kick

1 Like

Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by Akiika: 6:46pm On Oct 10, 2017
AleAirHub:
I only no a grammarian called Sunday Oliseh cry cry

You need a Grammarian like Oliseh in your life for sure.
It is "know" not "No".
Which kain school una go sef?....Olodo rabata!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by tiger28: 6:47pm On Oct 10, 2017
FuckTheZero:
Oyibo boys are still soft though but they have more "sense" than their black counterparts.
they are too soft but the "hard" Africans havent come near the World cup EVER!!! Stupid statement by Oliseh.
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by Ranchhoddas: 6:47pm On Oct 10, 2017
SmartyPants:

Where did he speak ill of Oliseh?

What you need to realize is that if Oliseh actually did say such, that was racist!

Imagine a white coach of England telling Rashford blacks are not technical enough. The press and the public would have his head on a spike by sundown!
He's married to an Oyinbo woman.
His kids will be like Ekong. How can he be racist?
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by ADEMOSU(m): 6:57pm On Oct 10, 2017
[quote author=Afam4eva post=61292316]Sunday Oliseh should go and sit down. He's probably our worst coach ever. You don't become a coach by speaking big grammar on supersports.[/quo

That is an opinion. Yes he is soft but doesn't mean you are a bad player. Congratulations but you need work on that softness because it's shows during the Zambia match.
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by Abagworo(m): 7:05pm On Oct 10, 2017
Afam4eva:
Sunday Oliseh should go and sit down. He's probably our worst coach ever. You don't become a coach by speaking big grammar on supersports.

Not only in sports but politics and all careers. Look at Ben Bruce with all his common sense and tell me if he has proven himself better than Dino Melaye with regards to positive impact on his constituents.
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by ndukwejoe(m): 7:07pm On Oct 10, 2017
lol you guys make me love nairaland
comradespade:
After rohr sideline you because his pocket has been watered.

Oliseh will be like
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by femi4: 7:10pm On Oct 10, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Sharap.
Oliseh is currently the coach of Dutch second division side Fortuna Sittard. They are second on the log and doing very well. There is a good chance that he'll be coaching in the Eredivisie next season.
Troost wasn't good enough. Why will you blame a coach if he has better options?
Second division?

Lets wait if he can repeat the feat in first division before you hype him. He was nobody as a coach when he joined the Super Eagles and it reflected in how he handled the national team
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 10, 2017
ndukwejoe:
lol you guys make me love nairaland

Lol..
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by Afam4eva(m): 7:23pm On Oct 10, 2017
Abagworo:

Not only in sports but politics and all careers. Look at Ben Bruce with all his common sense and tell me if he has proven himself better than Dino Melaye with regards to positive impact on his constituents.
The difference is that Ben Bruce before becoming a senator had a thriving business which means that he understands the economics of making money. So, he has common sense after all.

1 Like

Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by bikefab(m): 7:54pm On Oct 10, 2017
Don't rest on your oars my boy, the voyage just begun.
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by Chinagurum1995(m): 8:08pm On Oct 10, 2017
OK oooo at least our Super Eagles Nigeria Team are qualify for that and even as of that we need them to win ooo. Goallllllllllllllllllllllll Oloshoooooooooooo. grin grin grin grin cheesy wink smiley
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:13pm On Oct 10, 2017
Looolll... typical cheesy sheath your swords on your perceived dislike for Oliseh... believe me... I still find what he did when in charge of the Super Eagles to be generally shambolic but I also cannot deny that there was one bright spot afterall in his short and cowardly reign as SE head coach... wink

Now calmly follow my explanations...

First of all, I never said Nigeria scored goals aplenty under Oliseh... we still had that problem of goals scoring under him but Under Rohr, we are goals-laden.... but under Oliseh, we had more goals from set pieces... most of goals scored under Oliseh were set-piece routines....

Lemme cite three I recall off my head...

1... against Cameroun in Brussels with Mikel freekick finding Efe Ambrose's head.

2.... Moses Simon' delightful freekick against Swaziland in the WCQs prelims.

3.... against Swaziland again with an Igboun Freekick finding Efe Ambrose again who side-footed home.

And there were other instances where Nigeria showed dangerous intent from Set pieces under Oliseh. So it is not about how many goals the team scored overall but about how many of our goals came thru one line of attack missing for years... *Set pieces* Tu comprends? wink

And thanks for mentioning Mikel's goal against Cameroun off a Victor Moses cornerkick thru an Ighalo dummy move under Rohr's reign... truth is that is just one set-piece moment of magic we have had under Rohr hence emphasizing my point that Rohr should continue to improve on that aspect of our game to make us more able to hurt teams in so many different ways.

Against Zambia, we saw that Rohr is listening to this advice with the way he instructed Moses to be swinging in those diagonal freekick crosses one of which almost resulted in a goal off an Ndidi world class header... only for Mweene to stop it brilliantly.... so you see... Rohr is listening... but he can do better.

We have the players with the aerial might and abilities to concert set piece chances going forward... players like Balogun, Ndidi, Ekong, and even Awaziem if played... These guys and a few more offer the Eagles that aerial presence when we have a freekick or a corner kick.... And Rohr must outdo Oliseh on that aspect of making The Eagles even more clinical from set pieces.

Finito sir... smiley

femi4:
With all your hypes about Oliseh, Nigeria average goal per match under Oliseh is less than 1.5

Your analysis is poo, he couldn't even qualify Nig for Nations Cup in what looked like an easy group.

Let me also remind you that Mikel's goal against Cameroon at home was from corner kick
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:17pm On Oct 10, 2017
Awwwwwwwwn... Sir Royalty.... smiley smiley smiley

I have missed you too My Good Sir. Thanks for checking on me. And yes I have been doing great... just great. wink

Trust you are doing great yourself... It is well Sir.

Humility017:

here you go supernerd analysing foot ball wit great intellects and facts
you've no idea how much I have missed you.
Trust you've been good?
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 10, 2017
Oyebee91:
I miss osaze sad
Likewise me pls is he still playing football.
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by SmartyPants(m): 8:27pm On Oct 10, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
He's married to an Oyinbo woman.
His kids will be like Ekong. How can he be racist?

By definition discrimination on the grounds of race is racism. Oliseh allegedly discriminated against Troost Ekong simply because he us "oyinbo". Whether or not he meant to be racist is immaterial. Even more immaterial is the fact that he may be married to a white lady.
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by SmartyPants(m): 8:30pm On Oct 10, 2017
Mudley313:

This oyinbo duo will mostly probably be exposed during the actual world cup although I hope not. I remember one Reuben Agboola half cast defender in the 90s who was cool calm and collected until Cote d'Voire exposed him during our first game in the last round of qualifier to USA 94. The guy almost totally lost consciousness from exhaustion after that game and never smelled the eagles team thereafter

Are you saying they will be exposed simply because another mixed race defender was exposed or what is the actual logic?

Both Troost Ekong and Balogun are proven at a decent level.

Balogun plays in the Bundesliga and Ekong in the Turkish highest division...what other exposure will they face?

1 Like

Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by femi4: 8:33pm On Oct 10, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Looolll... typical cheesy sheath your swords on your perceived dislike for Oliseh... believe me... I still find what he did when in charge of the Super Eagles to be generally shambolic but I also cannot deny that there was one bright spot afterall... wink

Now calmly follow my explanations...

First of all, I never said Nigeria scored goals aplenty under Oliseh... we still had that problem of goals scoring under him but Under Rohr, we are goals-laden.... but under Oliseh, we had more goals from set pieces... most of goals scored under Oliseh were set-piece routines....

Lemme cite three I recall off my head...

1... against Cameroun in Brussels with Mikel freekick finding Efe Ambrose's head.

2.... Moses Simon' delightful freekick against Swaziland in the WCQs prelims.

3.... against Swaziland again with an Igboun Freekick finding Efe Ambrose again who side-footed home.

And there were other instances where Nigeria showed dangerous intent from Set pieces under Oliseh. So it is not about how many goals the team scored overall but about how many of our goals came thru one line of attack missing for years... *Set pieces* Tu comprends? wink

And thanks for mentioning Mikel's goal against Cameroun off a Victor Moses cornerkick thru an Ighalo dummy move under Rohr's reign... truth is that just one set-piece moment of magic we have had under Rohr hence emphasizing my point that Rohr should continue to improve on that aspect of our game to make us more able to hurt teams in so many different ways.

Against Zambia, we saw that Rohr is listening to this advice with the way he instructed Moses to be swinging in those diagonal freekick crosses one of which almost resulted in a goal off an Ndidi world class header... only for Mweene to stop it brilliantly.... so you see... Rohr is listening... but he can do better.

We have the players with the aerial might and abilities to concert set piece chances... players like Balogun, Ndidi, Ekong, and even Awaziem if played... These guys and a few more offer the Eagles that aerial presence when we have a freekick or a corner kick.... And Rohr must outdo Oliseh on that aspect of making The Eagles even more clinical from set pieces.

Finito sir... smiley

You are the bias minded here

You claimed Oliseh was good tactically, yet his tactics wasn't producing goals. His tactics couldnt qualify us for Nations cup

Of what use is tactics that failed to produce the desired result.

Removed Simon Moses free kick from that list, that was individual brilliance and crediting Sunday Oliseh with it is crimanal.

Now, lets look at another stat again.....Oliseh was in charge of 14 matches as eagles coach and if you cannot count at least 7 goals scored from set pieces/ indirect free kick under him, then he failed in that aspect as well.

In 94, and 2013 Nations cup won by Nigeria, how many goals were scored from set pieces.

I ll prefer my team to score 2-3goals from open play than score one set piece goal per match

1 Like

Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by omoiyamayor(m): 8:45pm On Oct 10, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Holland.
lol where fortuna dey
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:50pm On Oct 10, 2017
But Oliseh is good tactically naa.... you think it is easy improving so rapidly within a very short time an aspect of a team that have been lacking for years?... undecided

You think it is beans what he is doing in Holland which started last season with him rescuing that side from relegation waters and now having them challenge so early for promotion to the eredivisie?

Come on... I regard his reign as Super Eagles Head coach as shambolic and cowardly but I cannot deny his tactical nous. He is brilliant tactically. The fact the team was not scoring enough goals does not depreciate his tactical merit. Every coach has a hard time once in a while... the problem in Oliseh's case is that he contributed to that hard time with his nonsensical uncontrolled Ego.

Like I said... sheath your swords om your dislike for Oliseh and just focus on one fact... he improved the team in set pieces... Chikena. That shows some good tactical nous.

And why should I discredit Oliseh on Moses Simon? cheesy Or don't you know it was he (Oliseh) who laid that responsibility on Simon? Don't you know it was Oliseh who spotted Simon's potentials from set pieces and decided to horn it and utilise it for the team's advantage?

Okay... who take set pieces (direct freekclicks) under Rohr today? is it still Simon? So you see why I cannot separate Oliseh's influence from Simon Moses's freekick goal.... come on man... be more open minded.

Give credit to whom it is due even if it is just 1% of it.... But it does not erase the fact that Oliseh was shambolic in his handling of the Eagles as a manager. He failed to manage the players and certain situations but tactically he remains very good.

And throwing up your own standards for set pieces mastery is bollocks... Hahahahahahahahaha... first of all, how many goals were scored under Oliseh? cheesy You cited that he didn't score much goals naa... so where will seven set piece goals come from kwanu? Hahahahahahahahaha... this guy sef... doing all he can to rubbish just on bright spot of the man Oliseh.... gave it easy ooo

I cited three set piece routine goals under Oliseh's era and we all know his team didn't score a lot of goals... so why asking for seven? Looollll.... abeg... no need. Let us just keep things balanced in analysis.

Managerially he was a super huge flop... but as a tactical mind, he offers something very good. It is that simple.

And citing 94 and 2013 Eagles shows you really don't want something more for this new generation. I tell you this truth... if those teams had done their home work as regards Set pieces... they would have been even more powerful....

There is always room for improvement Man... wink

femi4:
You are the bias minded here

You claimed Oliseh was good tactically, yet his tactics wasn't producing goals. His tactics couldnt qualify us for Nations cup

Of what use is tactics that failed to produce the desired result.

Removed Simon Moses free kick from that list, that was individual brilliance and crediting Sunday Oliseh with it is crimanal.

Now, lets look at another stat again.....Oliseh was in charge of 14 matches as eagles coach and if you cannot count at least 7 goals scored from set pieces/ indirect free kick under him, then he failed in that aspect as well.

In 94, and 2013 Nations cup won by Nigeria, how many goals were scored from set pieces.

I ll prefer my team to score 2-3goals from open play than score one set piece goal per match
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by Oyebee91(m): 9:12pm On Oct 10, 2017
tamethem:

Likewise me pls is he still playing football.
yea. .madura United. ..Indonesia
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by denitro(m): 9:18pm On Oct 10, 2017
Don't celebrate too early, watch until after our opening match against Argentina before talking...
Messi could prove that Oliseh was right after all.....
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by femi4: 9:36pm On Oct 10, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
But Oliseh is good tactically naa.... you think it is easy improving so rapidly within a very short time an aspect of a team that have been lacking for years?... undecided

You think it is beans what he is doing in Holland which started last season with him rescuing that side from relegation waters and now having them challenge so early for promotion to the eredivisie?

Come on... I regard his reign as Super Eagles Head coach as shambolic and cowardly but I cannot deny his tactical nous. He is brilliant tactically. The fact the team was not scoring enough goals does not depreciate his tactical merit. Every coach has a hard time once in a while... the problem in Oliseh's case is that he contributed to that hard time with his nonsensical uncontrolled Ego.

Like I said... sheath your swords om your dislike for Oliseh and just focus on one fact... he improved the team in set pieces... Chikena. That shows some good tactical nous.

And why should I discredit Oliseh on Moses Simon? cheesy Or don't you know it was he (Oliseh) who laid that responsibility on Simon? Don't you know it was Oliseh who spotted Simon's potentials from set pieces and decided to horn it and utilise it for the team's advantage?

Okay... who take set pieces (direct freekclicks) under Rohr today? is it still Simon? So you see why I cannot separate Oliseh's influence from Simon Moses's freekick goal.... come on man... be more open minded.

Give credit to whom it is due even if it is just 1% of it.... But it does not erase the fact that Oliseh was shambolic in his handling of the Eagles as a manager. He failed to manage the players and certain situations but tactically he remains very good.

And throwing up your own standards for set pieces mastery is bollocks... Hahahahahahahahaha... first of all, how many goals were scored under Oliseh? cheesy You cited that he didn't score much goals naa... so where will seven set piece goals come from kwanu? Hahahahahahahahaha... this guy sef... doing all he can to rubbish just on bright spot of the man Oliseh.... gave it easy ooo

I cited three set piece routine goals under Oliseh's era and we all know his team didn't score a lot of goals... so why asking for seven? Looollll.... abeg... no need. Let us just keep things balanced in analysis.

Managerially he was a super huge flop... but as a tactical mind, he offers something very good. It is that simple.

And citing 94 and 2013 Eagles shows you really don't want something more for this new generation. I tell you this truth... if those teams had done their home work as regards Set pieces... they would have been even more powerful....

There is always room for improvement Man... wink

I deal with stat. I started by telling you that the ave goal per match is less than 1.5.

Now under Oliseh, Nigeria played 14games. It means Nigeria scored nothing less than 14 goals going by that stat

You claimed his tactics was good bla bla that his focus was on set pieces. I asked for 7 set pieces out of 14 to justify your claim but you couldnt produce facts.

Direct free kick can't be credited to coach, there are a lot of factors that determines who takes the kick like

The position where the foul was committed

The distance from the ball to goal post etc

1 Like

Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by jumpampass(m): 10:57pm On Oct 10, 2017
[quote author=Deseo post=61292303]Leon Balogun kiss kiss kiss[/quo no tell me say you no like am? I know say yo dey crush on that guy.

Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:59pm On Oct 10, 2017
But you only cited just one set piece wonder under Rohr to show that Rohr has mastered set pieces... cheesy

And I give you Three instances of Oliseh off my head without consulting Google... I don't have the time to consult google now for such simple matters... If I could recall three off my head, imagine what I could still find if I dig deeper... wink Every discussion is not a must win... but with you, you don't understand that... and you fail to understand a simple point....

Under Oliseh, Nigeria scored more set piece goals more than under any other manager from the mid-2000s to early 2010s within same short period of time.... #fact

Oliseh brought an extra edge to our Super Eagles... you cannot take that from him with all your blabbings.... fact is fact. I gave you that... so you decide what to do with it... looolll... I gave three and you asking for seven.... if I had given seven earlier... you will then take it up to 10... Hahahahahahahahaha...
and Oliseh picked Simon for that set piece job and instilled that sense of belief and responsibility into him... so don't you rob Oliseh of that glory of having an influence on who and who takes responsibility on the pitch when it comes to set pieces.

Abegi... just suit yourself mister.... you just don't wanna credit Oliseh for even the little good he showed even though his bad far outshone his good.

femi4:
I deal with stat. I started by telling you that the ave goal per match is less than 1.5.

Now under Oliseh, Nigeria played 14games. It means Nigeria scored nothing less than 14 goals going by that stat

You claimed his tactics was good bla bla that his focus was on set pieces. I asked for 7 set pieces out of 14 to justify your claim but you couldnt produce facts.

Direct free kick can't be credited to coach, there are a lot of factors that determines who takes the kick like

The position where the foul was committed

The distance from the ball to goal post etc
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by femi4: 11:03pm On Oct 10, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
But you only cited just one set piece wonder under Rohr to show that Rohr has mastered set pieces... cheesy

And I give you Three instances of Oliseh off my head without consulting Google... I don't have the time to consult google now for such simple matters... If I could recall three off my head, imagine what I could still find if I dig deeper... wink Every discussion is not a must win... but with you, you don't understand that... and you fail to understand a simple point....

Under Oliseh, Nigeria scored more set piece goals more than under any other manager from the mid-2000s to early 2010s within same short period of time.... #fact

Oliseh brought an extra edge to our Super Eagles... you cannot take that from him with all your blabbings.... fact is fact. I gave you that... so you decide what to do with it... looolll... I gace three amd you asking for seven.... if I had given seven earlier... you will then take it up to 10... Hahahahahahahahaha...

Abegi... just suit yourself mister.

I only show you that under Rohr, we ve scored a goal from set pieces and wait till Rohr play close to no of matches Nigeria played under Oliseh before you start comparing set pieces superior tactics.

You claimed Oliseh picked Simon for Free kick duties but he could only score one in how many matches he played under Oliseh. Do the maths and give me the stat. Thats still a poor record. The more you try to glorify Oliseh's tenure as Eagles Coach, the more you are revealing loopholes
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 10, 2017
Oliseh that doesn't know anything than to be fighting... smiley...
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by jumpampass(m): 11:07pm On Oct 10, 2017
Deseo:
Leon Balogun kiss kiss kiss

tell me say you on dey crush on that guy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chelsea Name Petr Cech In Premier League Squad / Bayern Leverkusen Mocks Peter Cech After Arsenal 2-0 Defeat / UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.