Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,516 members, 7,808,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

Why Do Big People Around Me Ask For My Means Of Livelihood? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Do Big People Around Me Ask For My Means Of Livelihood? (29161 Views)

Npower: What Payment ID Pay/08/11/202100000001 Means / What Is The Best Means To Join The Nigerian Police As Graduate? / My Means Of Livelihood Taken Away From Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Big People Around Me Ask For My Means Of Livelihood? by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 12, 2017
....But what is the nature of the job??
Re: Why Do Big People Around Me Ask For My Means Of Livelihood? by DebbieSean(f): 9:54am On Oct 12, 2017
Beosten:
I'm not gainfully employed, but if you meet me, you will think I'm earning a fat salary somewhere.

A plan has been on the table for the past 12 months and is expected to take off fully by August 2018. Finance is the only problem, and these people told me that I will cross the financial bridge when I get there. They are very certain of other factors on my part. The problem now is that they stop once in a while to ask, "What are you doing to earn the living at present?" To answer this, I use to tell them that I do the job I was trained for in University, looking for clients daily. We all know that this thing is not lucrative, and as a matter of fact, if a client calls me for a job today, I may not receive another call for a job in the next 2 months.

I have a job I can do to earn money needed for basic necessities, but it is very shameful to hear that a graduate does it. I have to look big if I want to keep earning the respct of these people. It's like a building contractor that borrows money to buy a car because clients will have faith in him and trust him with their money.

Now these people are suspecting that I look good, and that if what I do currently can make me look this good, why hatching a different plan? If I tell them the shameful job I do apart from what I'm trained for, they will think that my plan is primarily based on escaping hunger. And if that thought crosses their mind, the plan on the table can be rendered useless within minutes.

Now how will you advise me concerning this situation in a bid to douse the tension created by their suspicion?
Looking good is good business bro.
Just keep doing what you do and be grateful.
Also, be proud of it. As long as it's not a shady business. Your breakthrough would come soon.
Re: Why Do Big People Around Me Ask For My Means Of Livelihood? by Pearl05(f): 9:58am On Oct 12, 2017
nwaire:
everybody is struggling to make you understand simple thing you they do strong head, you know how many 2.1 graduates are security men in banks and oil firms, even though some of them earn more than some one man business accountant, if you meet a good looking brother in church that tells you he is a security man and wants to marry you, will you follow him? mean while maybe the guy that gave you a lift last time might be a driver. grin

What about you telling me that you are a lab scientist by profession but work as a security personnel at bank? Who doesn't know that there are many graduates riding Okada, photographers etc. This is the country we have at the moment .

I started producing liquid soap, disinfectants, air freshener etc after NYSC. I hawked and supplied to people and firms as well. It didn't prevent me from telling people that am a graduate seeking for job. The money wasn't big but I loved what I do then. I was out with my goods when I received call, informing me of a job, I applied and got the job. Hate not the days of little beginnings.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Big People Around Me Ask For My Means Of Livelihood? by adahgold(m): 10:02am On Oct 12, 2017
I don't answer those questions again instead I will answer with a question like do you want me to poor?
Re: Why Do Big People Around Me Ask For My Means Of Livelihood? by Pearl05(f): 10:06am On Oct 12, 2017
Houseofglam7:
You must be living in Abuja....... na packaging headquarters be dat

Lwkmd
Re: Why Do Big People Around Me Ask For My Means Of Livelihood? by Tinkybabe(f): 10:11am On Oct 12, 2017
Luckygurl:

@emboldened
Bro!
People aim higher.
That you're comfortable in your present state doesn't mean you shouldn't aspire for more.
Let them know in as much as it seems everything is going well for you, you're not yet satisfied with the height you've attained. You'll still need their financial support to boost the plan on ground.

Don't blow your cover undecided
Go on ahead with the packaging whilst seeking for a better life.
All will soon fall in place smiley

Very good answer!This here answers it OP.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Big People Around Me Ask For My Means Of Livelihood? by MICHEALADEX(m): 10:47am On Oct 12, 2017
May be they don't understand you kind of poverty that your still poor even with all around you
Re: Why Do Big People Around Me Ask For My Means Of Livelihood? by FA13(m): 10:49am On Oct 12, 2017
patyowr:
Hmmm

What do I even have to say?

Wait, let's meet in Russia 2018 in East Germany in za oza vroom in London in Aso Rock

How is this related?
Re: Why Do Big People Around Me Ask For My Means Of Livelihood? by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 12, 2017
rozayx5:
lol

as a forex trader and crypto guy

people just see me at home , wondering whether am a G boy
had to even get an office, so as to be leaving home lol
grin grin grin

Abg can you help me with this business. putting me through?
Re: Why Do Big People Around Me Ask For My Means Of Livelihood? by Exoticdude(m): 11:35am On Oct 12, 2017
Man cannot discover new oceans until he has the courage to loose sight of the shore. Click www.justichhealth.com.ng now!
Re: Why Do Big People Around Me Ask For My Means Of Livelihood? by February30(m): 11:36am On Oct 12, 2017
Pearl05:

There is no job that is shameful sir, so far it not illegal. You are a professional in your field but since the job isn't coming much at the present, you engage yourself in other meaningful jobs that can keep you going. Now when asked what you do for a living, be bold to state what you do. There is dignity in legitimate labour.
Re: Why Do Big People Around Me Ask For My Means Of Livelihood? by mytym(m): 11:55am On Oct 12, 2017
Beosten:
I'm not gainfully employed, but if you meet me, you will think I'm earning a fat salary somewhere.

A plan has been on the table for the past 12 months and is expected to take off fully by August 2018. Finance is the only problem, and these people told me that I will cross the financial bridge when I get there. They are very certain of other factors on my part. The problem now is that they stop once in a while to ask, "What are you doing to earn the living at present?" To answer this, I use to tell them that I do the job I was trained for in University, looking for clients daily. We all know that this thing is not lucrative, and as a matter of fact, if a client calls me for a job today, I may not receive another call for a job in the next 2 months.

I have a job I can do to earn money needed for basic necessities, but it is very shameful to hear that a graduate does it. I have to look big if I want to keep earning the respct of these people. It's like a building contractor that borrows money to buy a car because clients will have faith in him and trust him with their money.

Now these people are suspecting that I look good, and that if what I do currently can make me look this good, why hatching a different plan? If I tell them the shameful job I do apart from what I'm trained for, they will think that my plan is primarily based on escaping hunger. And if that thought crosses their mind, the plan on the table can be rendered useless within minutes.

Now how will you advise me concerning this situation in a bid to douse the tension created by their suspicion?

I understand you are in a "Catch-22" situation. You have to package well in order to attract High Network Individuals, yet these same individuals will see your image and assume you are made, if you reduce your class you won't be appealing to their business thirst...Either way your endgame seems hindered.

Do NOT reduce your packaging or class or Business Acumen to them, You can politely represent your business idea and capacity to them.

Ultimately always show them absolute loyalty and present your self as a person of integrity.

These rich people cherish loyalty in whoever they want to help.
Re: Why Do Big People Around Me Ask For My Means Of Livelihood? by HOKIM(m): 11:56am On Oct 12, 2017
freshkik:
This Op is intelligent and if you're smart you ll understand or atleast have an idea. The Op gave an example of a building contract borrowing money to buy a car bla bla bla, actually a neighbors brother started like that and so does, the bigger the kinda contract , the classier he appears,... given wrong impression via body language is different from lieing, life is not black and white.... Op as far as you are genuine n u have a great plan u foresee succeeding when you get the financial support, imo i'd say carry on the packaging bt keep developing yourself....
you sounded like someone that have come across the book '48 laws of power'..... if not, then u indirectly applying one of the first four laws.... its a great book i just came across recently.

Read that book earlier this year... U should read MASTERY by same Author(Robert Greene)
Re: Why Do Big People Around Me Ask For My Means Of Livelihood? by Ayesa: 12:19pm On Oct 12, 2017
fvckme:
Abeg Change your ways

This your moniker na die.how sweet is your pussy that you're begging for nacking in a faceless forum like this
E gba mi lowo arabinrin fvckme yi.change your ways
Re: Why Do Big People Around Me Ask For My Means Of Livelihood? by jaydee87(m): 12:32pm On Oct 12, 2017
@op I will advice u tell them what u do cos it will make them see u for who you are, a hardworking and a goal getter. it will also make them see ppl in same line of job as responsible. I once boarded a keke napep and the driver was well dressed and cautious, I suspected the guy but their was this lady she was rude to the guy and the guy spoke fluently and messed the girl up asking her what she studied in sch and all that he graduated with a 2class lower division and has worked in a bank before opting to drive a keke and said he has 2 other keke that ppl drive for him. and yes he can feed her comfortably without shaking. everybody for Marwa just dey look. the lady was quiet till she got to her destination am sure next time she no go talk anyhow to keke driver again.
Re: Why Do Big People Around Me Ask For My Means Of Livelihood? by Raintaker(m): 12:32pm On Oct 12, 2017
freshkik:
This Op is intelligent and if you're smart you ll understand or atleast have an idea. The Op gave an example of a building contract borrowing money to buy a car bla bla bla, actually a neighbors brother started like that and so does, the bigger the kinda contract , the classier he appears,... given wrong impression via body language is different from lieing, life is not black and white.... Op as far as you are genuine n u have a great plan u foresee succeeding when you get the financial support, imo i'd say carry on the packaging bt keep developing yourself....
you sounded like someone that have come across the book '48 laws of power'..... if not, then u indirectly applying one of the first four laws.... its a great book i just came across recently.
which of d first Four laws?
Re: Why Do Big People Around Me Ask For My Means Of Livelihood? by freshkik(m): 12:48pm On Oct 12, 2017
Raintaker:
which of d first Four laws?
well law 3 and 4 kind of

law 3 says - " conceal your intentions

law 4 says - " always say less than necessary"

but i'd just pick law 4

the pix attached is a summary of both

Re: Why Do Big People Around Me Ask For My Means Of Livelihood? by Parcks(m): 12:59pm On Oct 12, 2017
Pearl05:

There is no job that is shameful sir, so far it not illegal. You are a professional in your field but since the job isn't coming much at the present, you engage yourself in other meaningful jobs that can keep you going. Now when asked what you do for a living, be bold to state what you do. There is dignity in legitimate labour.
Pearl...why do I have the feeling I know you wink ... forgive me..but, are you serving in Kaduna?
Re: Why Do Big People Around Me Ask For My Means Of Livelihood? by Pearl05(f): 1:05pm On Oct 12, 2017
Parcks:

Pearl...why do I have the feeling I know you wink ... forgive me..but, are you serving in Kaduna?

No. Never been there.
Re: Why Do Big People Around Me Ask For My Means Of Livelihood? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 12, 2017
Carry on son....you can always use respect from "others" to buy food in the market.The truth is you already set up to fail.

Beosten:

Re: Why Do Big People Around Me Ask For My Means Of Livelihood? by Parcks(m): 1:15pm On Oct 12, 2017
Pearl05:

No. Never been there.

Alright...guess we have more persons that go by that name in Nigeria...stay cool!!!
Re: Why Do Big People Around Me Ask For My Means Of Livelihood? by bamasite(m): 2:20pm On Oct 12, 2017
I support this quote any day anytime.......there is nothing shameful in a LEGIT source of income

IN ANOTHER NEWS:

SEE THE FULL LIST OF MILITARY BARRACKS TO BE USED FOR NPOWER DEVICE DISTRIBUTION HERE
MilesLamar:
The goal is to be rich not to look rich...

*Modified
So this thread make front page?

pls nairaland hlp me with work ... check my signature
Re: Why Do Big People Around Me Ask For My Means Of Livelihood? by ponti93(m): 2:35pm On Oct 12, 2017
In business development, packaging is the number one rule... By the way u never tell us wetin u dey do @op

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Npower: Shortlisted Candidates Please Share Your State / U.S. Embassy In Nigeria Massive Job Recruitment (30 Positions) / Ics Limited Recruiting For Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.